[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, stella77 said:

@lightbringer06 hi hi again!! It's been a while for me too (to watch a drama about gender bending and I don't think I've watched so many Kdrama like this year since in forever. Escaping reality lol). I usually stay away from dramas targeting youths but this one looks to cute/funny/good. 

True~ and what's more interesting is that this is a reverse crossdressing...ha ha.

I wonder if the webtoon itself is a lighthearted one. Hope this won't have any unnecessary 'drama' in the middle of it :D.

Kim So Hyun is a lovely bob-cut, Joseon-era girl in still cuts for KBS2 drama 'Tale of Nokdu'

1567562301-kimsohyun.jpg

KBS2's upcoming Mon-Tues drama 'Joseon Romantic Comedy - Tale of Nokdu' has released new, individual still cuts of the lovely female lead, Kim So Hyun!

In 'Tale of Nokdu', Kim So Hyun plays the role of a rebellious courtesan-in-training, Dong Dong Joo. The character boasts a trademark hairstyle of an out-of-the-ordinary, bob-cut in the Joseon era, as she lives her day to day rebelling against her training. While Dong Dong Joo may be terrible at all things that courtesans need to know how to do like singing and dancing, she's great with her hands and with tools. 

Meanwhile, 'Tale of Nokdu' also starring Jang Dong Yoon as a man who goes undercover dressed as a woman into the village of widowers, premieres this September 30 at 10 PM KST!

1567561927-1.jpg  

1567561928-3.jpg

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/09/kim-so-hyun-is-a-lovely-bob-cut-joseon-era-girl-in-still-cuts-for-kbs2-drama-tale-of-nokdu

Jang DongYoon Already Captivates As A Woman For “Tale Of NokDu”

Jang DongYoon drama, Jang DongYoon tale of nokdu, jun nokdu Jang DongYoon, tale of nokdu, tale of nokdu drama, tale of nokdu webtoon

“Tale Of NokDu” is a romantic comedy drama set in Joseon. It is based on webtoon. Kim SoHyun and Jang DongYoon are the lead actors of this upcoming drama.

It tells the romance between a man who is disguising as a woman to infiltrate a community for widows and a girl that hates the idea of becoming a gisaeng. Don’t forget to check our cast and summary for character description, poster, teaser and more information about the drama and webtoon here. The drama will premiere on Sept. 30 on KBS.

Jang DongYoon is acting as Jun NokDu, the lead male character. NokDu disguises himself as a woman and infiltrates a community for widows. The boy is hiding a huge secret.

In the released teaser, the actor disguising as a woman captivated many with his acting and his stunning beauty!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

In the webtoon, Jun NokDu is prettier than the lead female character (acted by Kim SoHyun). Here is how the main male character disguised as a woman looks like in the webtoon.

https://www.kpopmap.com/jang-dongyoon-already-captivates-as-a-woman-for-tale-of-nokdu/

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon Runs Away From His Many Suitors In New âTale Of Nok-Duâ Teaser

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon Runs Away From His Many Suitors In New “Tale Of Nok-Du” Teaser

KBS2’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Tale of Nok-Du” has released a new teaser!

“Tale of Nok-Du” is a historical rom-com based on a webtoon of the same name. It tells the story of a man named Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon) who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community. There, he meets Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who wants to be anything but a gisaeng (female courtesan).

In the teaser, Jeon Nok Du trains in the mountains as he narrates, “I’m a man who’s about to become Joseon’s greatest admiral.” He slashes his sword through the air and powerfully brings it down, only for it to suddenly turn into a flower bouquet!

Jeon Nok Du continues to say, “There was a time like that.” Wearing a dress and a full face of makeup, the swordsman disguises himself as a woman. When a group of men attempt to court him with gifts, Jeon Nok Du lets out an annoyed sigh and walks away. He quickly becomes interested when they give up and mention another gisaeng across town.

As Jeon Nok Du asks, “Where is that?” he is interrupted by Dong Dong Joo and other women from the community. She nags at him and has the other women carry him back as he shouts, “I want to walk back on my own!”

Watch the full teaser below!

“Tale of Nok-Du” will premiere on September 30 and will be available on Viki with English subtitles. Check out another teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1350366wpp/watch-jang-dong-yoon-runs-away-from-his-many-suitors-in-new-tale-of-nok-du-teaser

3 hours ago, lu09 said:

Wait, did KSH just called him "Omonii" in the teaser? 

So the article I read saying that he will adopt her as his daughter was true lol? This is gonna be hilarious:mrgreen::joy:

This is the article.....

https://dramaswithasideofkimchi.com/2019/09/02/gender-bending-fun-in-first-teaser-for-the-tale-of-nokdu/ 

yesss :)

Koala's Playground's article

Kim So Hyun Sports Modern Hair and Surly Attitude as Reluctant Gisaeng in Training for The Tale of Nokdu

http://koalasplayground.com/2019/09/05/kim-so-hyun-sports-modern-hair-and-surly-attitude-as-reluctant-gisaeng-in-training-for-the-tale-of-nokdu/#more-98361

Jang Dong Yoon perfectly transforms into a beautiful widow in his character teasers for 'Tale of Nokdu'

KBS2's upcoming Mon-Tues historical romantic comedy 'Tale of Nokdu' has revealed a set of character teaser films of the storyline's beautiful male widow, Jeon Nokdu!

Played by actor Jang Dong Yoon, Jeon Nokdu is a man who for unknown reasons infiltrates a widower's village, dressed as a woman. In his latest character teaser above, Jeon Nokdu recalls how once upon a time(?), he was destined to be the fiercest warrior in Joseon... but in the blink of an eye, Nokdu is in full makeup and dress as a stunning widow, surrounded by men looking to take him/her out on a date!

In an earlier teaser below, Nokdu struggles to survive without having his identity revealed, all the while looking gorgeous in every shade of pink and white. Also starring actress Kim So Hyun as a courtesan-in-training named Dong Dong Joo, 'Tale of Nokdu' premieres this September 30 at 10 PM KST!

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/09/jang-dong-yoon-perfectly-transforms-into-a-beautiful-widow-in-his-character-teasers-for-tale-of-nokdu?fbclid=IwAR3MMzIPbqVHx7z_HJTqeaCXaXBh-qhSCO8Cb7NTyM8Za5B9cPra7HuDI7U

9 hours ago, lu09 said:

Wait, did KSH just called him "Omonii" in the teaser? 

So the article I read saying that he will adopt her as his daughter was true lol? This is gonna be hilarious:mrgreen::joy:

I thought I was reading it wrong when I read AsianWiki's synopsis that he will adopt her...ha ha...looks like it.

I tried reading the webtoon but after 6 or 8 chapters maybe?.. the rest are locked so I can't open it in Naver...lol...

Still cut

0004184478_001_20190906104740634.jpg?type=w430

Sohyun's schedule uptaded and acording to this Tale of Nokdu press conferance is 30 September.Same day with the drama.

EDvsqxAU8AA96er.jpg

cr:shirleyLaw0716

4 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

I tried reading the webtoon but after 6 or 8 chapters maybe?.. the rest are locked so I can't open it in Naver...lol...

You can read the webtoon from this link.

https://archive.fo/pWOhk

Script reading video

Joseon gender-swap drama Tale of Nokdu releases new teaser

I’m green with envy that Jang Dong-yoon (Dance Sports Girls) can transform into such a pretty girl. In the latest teaser for Tale of Nokdu, Jang Dong-yoon is shown in his widow disguise, and I’m living for it! This upcoming Joseon rom-com drama is a romance between a prickly gisaeng-to-be, played by Kim So-hyun (Love Alarm), and the man-disguised-as-a-widow, played by Jang Dong-yoon.

They meet in a mysterious widow village, with Kim So-hyun rebelling against the expectations that she become a gisaeng. Both Kim So-hyun and Jang Dong-yoon harbor their own respective secrets.

The teaser shows Jang Dong-yoon going through various trials, from doing a fan dance to his neck being at a sword’s edge. Interspersed between the various scenes, the copy reads, “On September 30, Nokdu is coming.”

Stills of Kim So-hyun’s character has also been released. She is supposed to be a refreshing character who says what’s on her mind and can’t stand to see injustice happen. Despite the gisaeng career path having been chosen for her, she is a tone-deaf, arrhythmic young woman who can’t dance. But she’s amazing with her hands and can make anything in a heartbeat, given the right tools. She’s even given the nickname “Golden Hands” in the widow village.

Upcoming KBS Monday-Tuesday drama Tale of Nokdu will begin airing on September 30.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/joseon-gender-swap-drama-tale-of-nokdu-releases-new-teaser/

Hello everyone! Happy to be joining the thread. I’ve been on a k-drama hiatus for over 8 months but I think this is the drama that can bring me back to the dramaland.

When the drama was first announced I immediately thought of Jang Dong Yoon. They needed someone young, pretty and talented to stand his ground opposite Kim So Hyun. And oh boy, sometimes the drama gods really hear us out. 

I hope So Hyun’s character doesn’t know his real identity because it wouldn’t be that funny otherwise. Dong Yoon’s is really pretty but his broad shoulders and mannerism aren’t really feminine haha.

KBS : Tale Of Nokdu Will Air On September 30.

Me :

81Opzm.gif

=======

About the adopting situation, I think the possible reason of it is to save DongJoo from being a gisaeng. 

Based from the teaser, DongJoo knows NokDu's a guy because she's covering his chest.

It's possible that DongJoo  accidentally found out  NokDu's a guy  and she's going to tell the truth.

But then, the two made an agreement of each other.

NokDu will adopt DongJoo as his daughter in order for DongJoo to escape from the gisaeng status and DongJoo will keep and protect NokDu's secret.

The two will pretend to have a mother-daughter relationship.

But the two will fall in love in the later episodes and it's possible someone found out their secret by overhearing their conversation or catching them doing something  (like sweet lovey-dovey moment, doing a love confession or a romantic kiss perhaps) or maybe that person sees NokDu's upper body.

Archived