[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

I do quite like the director's directing choices, and all the parallels drawn between our couple, starting from one needing too much help from the other, head on each other's shoulders etc, and the latest being....

I think they took the same number of turnbacks and maybe even steps. The episode ending with DJ's face in the shadows then in the light as she looked back at ND then back in the shadows was also such a good pick. Like literally hits you with the feels when you see her expression under the moonlight..

And Monday's episode with the full 3mins of OST being played as DJ remembered all their moments - I havent seen many times when the whole song gets played in a K-Drama - was a nice touch. It's already an MV by itself! So this will be a drama hard to forget :tears:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, aisling said:

Isn’t the drama called “The Joseon Romantic Comedy”?

Why am I but laughing, show?!

i agree ....rom com but it like melo with the awesome acting by leads.their crying scene together deserve awards.it so heartbreaking.

JDY has secured his male lead abilities with this drama

17 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

heart broken , not the kiss I wanted :cold_sweat:

Did their lips touch? I thought it's just a camera angle trick.:D

On the other hand, I am so  broken hearted because of the recent episodes. My poor babies are suffering. It such a painful scenery to see them bawling. I want to see their sunshine faces once again. 

Literally me the whole episode:

I cried with him every moment, such great acting, I'm so proud of my bb Dong Yoon!!!!

Looking forward the BTS clips so I can see our Macaron couple happy again... 

Spoiler

Btw I've just seen this, :3 what a great way to change my mood herherher :P

I honestly don’t understand the king, like if only he had love his son then there’s no reason for his son to dethrone him whatsoever and besides isn’t it normal for the prince to take over the throne after his father? Normal sageuk drama usually has this storyline that a king needs to have an heir, so it’s quite shocking that no one from the king’s court are asking him to have an heir. 

@Josh Marquez

The King keeps sayin' how hard he worked to ascend the throne.. does this mean he killed many to get there? I suppose so, with Dong Ju bein' understandably hell bent on avenging her family. It's more of a power struggle for the King imo. He wants badly to die a king & it's consuming while blinding him with greed.  

The part where he killed 1 of his ministers over somethin' that the king himself didn't like hearing was ridiculous & he came off a dictator. 

Where's the making :unsure: i want to see my otp joking around after all those angst. Maybe because i know they're getting a happy ending i.e getting married, I can tolerate the sad scenes eventho it still hurts a lot. 

The break up makes sense to me. It was inevitable and we all saw it coming but i didnt think it would hit me this hard. love the fact that Dj did not break up with him just cuz he is the king's son, but because she thought ND is protecting the king. whereas, ND wanted to break up with her but he loves her so much he couldnt bear to let her go. Hopefully, DJ will figure out soon that they are on the same side, and be more involved lol

The last scene thoooo, their acting is crazy good - from dongyoon heartbreaking tears to sohyun 'ssorrowful expresion. my babies deserves happiness. Run away and live on an island, get married and have minj dj and nd. pls hahaha

Anyways, give me the bts!! :ph34r: 

Hello TON viewers!

I am Hanz, not new to soompi and i have been lurking around here for quite sometime. I just decided to log-in coz its been two years that I haven't been active here. I am just truly hooked up by this drama. Dongyoon and Sohyun's chemistry is just overflowing and I am amaze of Dongyoon's acting skills. Can't help but to fangirl with him also. There's only 3 episodes left and I wish we'll have a happy ending. Episode 25-26(13) has been a tearful episode and everytime I watch Nokdu crying I can't help myself but to cry with him as well. I'm looking forward to the remaining episodes. (I really want the King dead!He is such a freaking monster and has a major mental problems). 

Here are some of the screencaps I did, and edited it.Hope you like it. :heart:EJOT33vVAAIooDZ?format=jpg&name=medium

Their ups and down moments at the swing.

EJJ1ivcU4AE9AUC?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

EJJ1jgmUYAAxTOu?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

EJJ1kBUUUAAMdbA?format=jpg&name=large

EJJ1km2UUAAlt3b?format=jpg&name=medium

EJOvtCxU0AAqJld?format=jpg&name=medium

also at the flower field 

EIl3KKcUwAANEH9?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

EJOvuv2U4AAOQoH?format=jpg&name=large

43 minutes ago, PuppyMacaron said:

Hello TON viewers!

I am Hanz, not new to soompi and i have been lurking around here for quite sometime. I just decided to log-in coz its been two years that I haven't been active here. I am just truly hooked up by this drama. Dongyoon and Sohyun's chemistry is just overflowing and I am amaze of Dongyoon's acting skills. Can't help but to fangirl with him also. There's only 3 episodes left and I wish we'll have a happy ending. Episode 25-26(13) has been a tearful episode and everytime I watch Nokdu crying I can't help myself but to cry with him as well. I'm looking forward to the remaining episodes. (I really want the King dead!He is such a freaking monster and has a major mental problems). 

Here are some of the screencaps I did, and edited it.Hope you like it. :heart:

Their ups and down moments at the swing.

Welcome im happy you decided to join us for the last 3 episodes :blush: Your edits are absolutely beautiful thank you so much for sharing!

OMG LOL at JDY screaming after spooning KSH he is absolutely hilarious :joy: 

Seems like KSH is actually really cool about the intimate scenes.. while JDY is freaking out..

30 minutes ago, soesje said:

Seems like KSH is actually really cool about the intimate scenes.. while JDY is freaking out..

It's because he's the one doing the touching, that's why :joy:... they're too cute. KBS is being generous, huh.. I think they know viewers are heartbroken this week's eps ^^...

And lol.. KSH being bold... does she like kissing Nokdu now?.. HAHA...

@PuppyMacaron Hi there, chingu ~!.. welcome ^-^... is that you in Twitter too?..the AsianDramaPuppy&MacaronCouple?^^

The bts that they release is about Dongyoon being shy and excited while Sohyun being bold and its like she wants to kiss Dongyoon..hahahhahahahhaha so far i haven't seen a bts of them wherein they look awkward with each other. They are really comfortable with each other.

Finally the bed scene making video. Ok director I'll give you a pass for hurting my tear glands this week.

10 minutes ago, soesje said:

Welcome im happy you decided to join us for the last 3 episodes :blush: Your edits are absolutely beautiful thank you so much for sharing!

I know right she is so chill while he has a constant mental breakdown. It is freaking hilarious watching him scream and squirm like that.

Archived