[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12b244a9cc2749769d5746e21617ff1a-660x400.jpeg

Kim So Hyun And Jang Dong Yoon Revealed In Character Posters For New Drama “The Tale Of Nok Du”

KBS’ UPCOMING DRAMA TALE OF NOKDU RECENTLY UNVEILED ITS FIRST CHARACTER POSTERS.

Kim So Hyun and Jang Dong Yoon showcased pretty and demure expressions as they donned costumes for their characters.

In the drama, Jang Dong Yoon portrays the role of Jeon Nok Du. He is the son of a noble family who is forcing him to get married.

Unfortunately, Nok Du refuses to marry someone he doesn’t love. In a desperate attempt to escape his fate, he runs away from home. Nok Du disguises himself as a woman and hides in village full of widows.

There he meets Dong Dong Ju, a woman training to be a gisaeng. Unfortunately for Dong Ju, she does not want to be a gisaeng at all, but has no choice. Dong Ju stumbles on Nok Du’s secret and why he’s hiding in the village.

In the character posters, Jang Dong Yoon captures attention with his amazing transformation. In the photo, he looks like a total woman as he stares intently at the camera with a serious expression.

On the other hand, Kim So Hyun flashes a shy bright smile as she poses daintily. Her hair style also captures attention as well as a refreshing beautiful hanbok.

The production crew expressed surprise and delight at Jang and Kim’s unexpected chemistry. They said that the drama has characters that are full of life and unique. Moreover, both Kim and Jang brought a fresh perspective. The unpredictable chemistry reels interest to what viewers must look forward to.

Both Kim and Jang are the well-acknowledged actors at the moment. Kim recently made her Netflix debut on youth romance drama, Love Alarm, co-starring with Song Kang and Jung Ga Ram. On the other hand, Jang was last seen in KBS2 drama, Just Dance.

The Tale of Nok Du premieres on September 30, taking over the timeslot of I Wanna Hear Your Song on KBS.

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/kim-so-hyun-jang-dong-yoon-revealed-tale-of-nok-du-teasers/

Jang DongYoon is so pretty as a woman in the poster.  (I'm female but I'm way ugly. I'm jealous of his beauty ^_^)

Though it's a romantic comedy but still it's a sageuk drama. 

That means we still might see some tragic and sad scenes.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to this one. I hope the drama goes well. :)

Cant wait to watch KSH in another saeguk! Although i have a feeling romance may be limited again due to time era :sweatingbullets:

2 hours ago, uglypearl said:

Jang DongYoon is so pretty as a woman in the poster.  (I'm female but I'm way ugly. I'm jealous of his beauty ^_^)

Though it's a romantic comedy but still it's a sageuk drama. 

That means we still might see some tragic and sad scenes.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to this one. I hope the drama goes well. :)

Lol was that JDY as a girl? For a while i thought it was KSH and was wondering why she looked so different :joy: it is a saeguk so for sure we gonna see different scenes plus limited romance if the time era goes like that.. either way, good to know we are watching another drama together just when one ended ;)

Teaser is out :))) 

[Eng] Nokdu: I’m a man who have to be the greatest general in Joseon.
Used to be.
Crowd: Mrs. Window, can you please take out a little time?
Nokdu: What do I...
Do you have time?
I give you double
Hey. Let’s drink together.
Heard that the kisaeng is very beautiful in that village.
Nokdu: Where is that?
Crowd: Lord window, why you...
Dong Joo: Mother
You don’t go to wish clothes & doing what here?
Nokdu: No...I wanna walk.
(Real man turns into a widow) (wow__johnny-ig)

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon Faces Trouble While Disguised As A Woman In âTale Of Nok-Duâ Teaser

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon Faces Trouble While Disguised As A Woman In “Tale Of Nok-Du” Teaser

KBS2’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Tale of Nok-Du” has released its first teaser!

Based on a webtoon, the historical rom-com is about a man named Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon) who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community. There, he will meet Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who wants to be anything but a gisaeng (female courtesan).

The teaser starts off with a mysterious woman applying lipstick and putting a pin in her hair. However, the woman actually turns out to be Jeon Nok Du, the man who is attempting to enter an all-female community to escape an arranged marriage. Disguised as a woman, Jeon Nok Du experiences all kinds of situations, from being in an awkward situation with lipstick smeared on his face to being threatened with swords in his face.

“Tale of Nok-Du” will premiere on September 30 and will be available on Viki with English subtitles.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1349636wpp/watch-jang-dong-yoon-faces-trouble-while-disguised-as-a-woman-in-tale-of-nok-du-teaser

The Tale of Nokdu Jang Dong Yoon become  a hot topic on Naver.

EDdCsHbVAAA_Kwv.jpg

CR:Lily_CFC twitter

THIS LOOKS FUN! GENDER-BENDER DRAMA 'TALE OF NOK-DU' RELEASES ITS FIRST TEASER

Based on a webtoon, the historical rom-com is about a man named Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon) who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community. There, he will meet Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who wants to be anything but a gisaeng (female courtesan).

https://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/24650599.html

Jang Dong Yoon's boss ig ptade

@lightbringer06 hi hi again!! It's been a while for me too (to watch a drama about gender bending and I don't think I've watched so many Kdrama like this year since in forever. Escaping reality lol). I usually stay away from dramas targeting youths but this one looks to cute/funny/good. 

Archived