Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

The flower ring :wub: both sides finally Just confess their mutual love for each and then he gave her a ring, the speediest marriage proposal (my imagination)  in history LOL

i love it how we get all these lovely romantic scenes so early in the show despite there is still a handful of episodes left. Normally they throw it at us at the last 20 minutes of the show when all the conflicts and everything is “resolved.” 

im excited for their upcoming beach date B)

maybe dj and perhaps the others will tag along and love the island so much, they’ll start a new village there and the widows will Co-exist with them haha 

that swing preview! I hope for swing kisses like how they do pull-up kisses in Kdrama :wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2

Shamanism I believe was a strong belief during those times, thus I understand the dilemma and how the King is driven to decide on maniacal actions because of those beliefs. 

(Another example is The Moon Embracing the Sun) 

Anyway, I like how the political arc is not the sole storyline the writer is juggling in this show. I am very much invested with the tangled relationship of the King, Dong Joo and Nokdu and what will happen if the truth will have its final reveal.

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

42 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@vangsweetie637 & @lightbringer06 sea don’t have door right :joy:

Seriously every time I watch it , opening door scared me:mrgreen:

Oh yes!...no doors or windows. They can roll over the sand if they wanted too :joy:.

@vangsweetie637 Yup! Posted it few pages ago^^... another fave OST :) If you want it with an MV.... here..

I also have no idea how this drama will end (and I really don't want it to end tho^^), but I think we can hold on to that disclaimer from the beginning of every episode that this is a fiction. Even tho there are names from the real history, I think the writers can choose not to actually follow it. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Anyone kind enough to explain what you guys mean by noble idiocy?

I've seen the term being used a lot but i haven't really been following forums as much so I'm not too sure what the term implies

(is it something like idw to be with u bcos ur father killed my family) 

plz help haha

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

It sure does look like it but def need the subs to see what the "prophecy" was! Looking at all the reveals today,  it kinda feels like ND revealing himself as the king's son + DongJu's real identity are the big items left! If the writer follows history, I'm sure ND will be free of these political strifes and he doesnt look the least bit interested in getting involved. I'm actually surprised Minister Heo died already since there are still 5 episodes to go and I can't predict what remains in our political plot. But all the better! More time for our sweet OTP scenes! Today's ep was so heart fluttering!! I cannot stop replaying the near-bed scene!

if this is the case, we need to understand more of the content that the prophecy spoke of (gotta wait for subs lol). I am hoping writers follow history. But based on ND’s character, it seems like he only wanted to find out the truth. It doesn’t seem like he is interested in being the King. His intentions are different from YM. Now I am wondering why Minister Heo wanted the King replaced? Is it to fulfill the prophecy? I think this is also what we have to find out. From now on, the political fight may actually be between ND and the King. Everyone else is just going to get tangled up. We still have the treason being plotted by YM too. Haha, every time i watch the clips of the bed scene, I cannot help but laugh at AD. Wrong time, wrong place but i have to admit, i love her bluntness for a child LOL!!

@Ameera Ali hahaha, perhaps it was more of this:

6f0a16aa1b1310912e82f2d605d5601c.gif

:joy:

@LyraYoo i agree! Shamanism during that time was very influential especially to the royals. I am just hoping there was more to the prophecy mentioned to the King than simply “your son will be the next King” because that is the purpose of having an heir. But I will have to wait for subs to understand the content. Hoping the prophecy is not too simple or too complicated.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

that swing preview! I hope for swing kisses like how they do pull-up kisses in Kdrama :wub:

this scene reminds off her feeling yesterday when she said { he make her want to live }  & right a kiss  is all over it :joy:

15729708441572970725.gif

15729706391572970612.gif

• Like 4
  • LOL 10

This episode was spot-on, intense, went forward like a bullet train, and had lovely DJ + ND scenes (better invest in a lock kiddos, Aengdu is on to you.) Probably my favorite one since the widow village went up in flames and ND caught an unconscious DJ. Everyone's come together in or near the palace, and each one's fate is attached to the palace intrigue. Heavy and Cool. 

• Like 12
  • Love 4

What is with this cruel butting in by different characters during ND/DJ moments? This time, his top was still intact.  I strongly object to the stall in relationship development. It’s also very unhealthy for the body - them and us both. Gahhh...have a heart. 

But plot development has reached fever-pitch. the King’s already a maniac when stressed but the killing of a good friend even though he seemed to have repented shows how devastated and desperate the King is. it is lonely at the top but it strikes a very raw nerve when you find out that everyone you trust has been secretly brandishing their daggers at you. he has a good nature but is so lost. 

I quite liked how the Heo Yoon part was solved with death cos it’s a logical end for treason in that era. YM should be next to be dealt with as well as the unveiling of ND’s identity and how DJ reconciles with the knowledge that ND is related to her family murders. Hopefully, not the path Romeo and Juliet took. 

Hoping to watch tonight’s subbed ep tmrw!

• Like 9
  • Love 4

7 minutes ago, icryforattention said:

I've seen the term being used a lot but i haven't really been following forums as much so I'm not too sure what the term implies

plz help haha

Noble idiocy means the other party makes decision(s) because the situation calls for it although it is not the best and ends up being the most frustrating for viewers like us haha. For example, DJ loves ND a lot but decides to leave him because he is the Prince. They promised to stay together through thick and thin but DJ decides to brush the promise aside and leave anyways. It is a noble perspective but an idiotic move on their relationship. I am sure the others will also explain it better than I did :D

@lightbringer06 LMAO!! Roll over on the sand!! :joy: man, i love the laughs I get in this thread!! I definitely saved the Ost on my list already. So glad it was released earlier than I thought. I also don’t want this drama to end but i am hoping it ends just like how it began except this time, DJ and ND are married and living on the island together with everyone, free of political forces and royalty duties.

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, icryforattention said:

plz help haha

It's annoying trope in Kdrama. It's a person who sacrifices their own happiness with the assumption they are bringing happiness to the person they are sacrificing for, which is just the opposite. It's also a form of selflessness. So the person either leaves or breaks up with the other person and then they're both miserable for a number of episodes till they get back together again :P

LOL @vangsweetie637, our posts cross path about noble idiocy.. haha.. oh yaass.. beach is the best place to make some mini DJs and NDs because they have freedom in the sand.. pretty sure we're getting our happy ending in this one. And a family at the end ♡♡♡

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@jeonghyang & @Sky8lue this ring is strong than diamond :joy: or diamond ring is bigger for her finger :mrgreen:

KEI8qzb.gif I wonder if that flower is real or plastic... Will it wither? Bees will surely chase her hand.

Fstfc0Q.gif

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@vangsweetie637 @jeonghyang @Sky8lueisn’t yesterday wet enough for him :joy: he want to take her to see the sea :mrgreen:

Rvk5Jm3.gif

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Ya!!! AD!! Why did you do that? We almost had our bed scene?!!!

@lightbringer06 @Ameera Ali @jeonghyang @Sky8lue ND wants to take DJ to the sea where you can get wet from head to toes?!! :P

Expected to be WET and NAKED! Omoooo!  60.gif Excited much! s3rApPH.gif

AD's philosophy...43.gif FOOD is LIFE! 47.gif

k4v3zVw.gif

I can't stop laughing on this scene. AD's reaction is epic!

Spoiler

o4DP6Sw.gif

57 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

What this

1- shoulder hug :joy: 

2 - he stopping her because, she want to leave again :mrgreen:

3 - working his muscles :joy:

4 - he liked the pink on her wanted it :D

> Rehearsal for WWE Smackdown... They might a kinky-rough love bed scene soonest. 89.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

Tonight's episode can kill me slowly due to the heart-fluttery OTP moments. EMA3yxJ.gif

D2IBIkD.gif

Spoiler

qcuEdbA.gif

VcLuh3a.gif

Spoiler

l8l4vaG.gif

oL7usUI.gif

k94SPne.gif

• Like 6
  • Love 13

42 minutes ago, jeonghyang said:

KEI8qzb.gif I wonder if that flower is real or plastic... Will it wither? Bees will surely chase her hand.

she sleeping with it ,  it’s look like a plastic  :joy: 

download

• LOL 14
  • Insightful 1

Ahahah at the female warrior Are you goin' to continuously startle me?!:lol: The actress was such a mean bully to So Hyun in their drama the School series, which Dong Yoon has been a part of as well.. 

Yah Aeng Du yah, don't you know to knock before entering!?:angry::crazy: She can be such a cockblocker I tell ya:P Nok Du looked adorable with his cheeks full during his date with Dong Joo eheheh~ The King is sick:crazy: are they certain that it isn't Yul Mu who's his son instead!? 'Cause they both sure seem alike! Both bloodthirsty & their lust for more power<_< Seriously they're both unstable which is very dangerous as they can turn on anyone at any time:unsure:

The vice curator still pines for Nok Du ha-ha!!:w00t: But he's all kinds of cute with the heavy widow:lol: Same goes for Nok Du's dad. Wait. Nok Du's got 3 dads!? WoW:blink:

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

she finally free him from engagement :joy:

5dc1e6e1d19cb419650052.gif?download

5dc1e6d8d194c593377668.gif?download

But seriously girl :joy: he wanted his body to belong to her too :lol:

5dc1e6cfc31b9690432070.gif?download

• Like 2
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1

This is the first time i saw the lady put the hands around the neck and kiss in a kdrama.. Else the actresses are always stoic or hold the dress of the male actress and have no passion at all

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

44 minutes ago, Hd Hd said:

This is the first time i saw the lady put the hands around the neck and kiss in a kdrama.. Else the actresses are always stoic or hold the dress of the male actress and have no passion at all

Welcome to the k-dramaland where “deer in the headlights” reaction is deemed appropriate for female leads. Ladies are not supposed to feel passionate because love is pure and you shouldn’t be overly excited to be kissing an insanely hot guy who’s hiding (or not so hiding) chocolate abs and six pack underneath his clothes.

• Like 3
  • LOL 10

Ratings 4.7% | 6.2%

Kissing scenes normally bring higher ratings and there were so many lovely moments in both episode. i lose all hope in knetizens :tears:

• Like 6
  • Sad 1