[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim So Hyun exudes explosive "girlcrush" charm in new drama

Actress Kim So Hyun has had a perfect transformation into character Dong Dong Joo - a strong yet cute girl who will soon become a gisaeng for the rest of her life in the drama "The Tale of Nokdu".

9.png?type=e1920

On September 9, the new Mon-Tue drama "The Tale of Nokdu" (KBS 2TV, director: Kim Dong Hwi, screenwriter: LimYe Jin, Park So Yeon, producer: Special Cultural Industry Company "The Tale of Nokdu", Production H, Monster Union), which airs its first episode on September 30 (Monday), has raised anticipations when announcing a teaser video of character Kim So Hyun. She is expected to capture viewers' hearts by transforming into a widow village's short-haired fairy Dong Dong Joo who is "scarily" ebullient.

Based on a popular Naver's original webtoon of the same name, "The Tale of Nokdu" depicts a romantic comedy story of Jeon Nokdu (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who dresses up as a woman to infiltrate into a mysterious widow village, and Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), a single woman who does not want to be a gisaeng. The extraordinary romantic love story with each person's own secrets of Jeon Nokdu, who disguises himself as a woman and Dong Dong Joo - a backup gisaeng, is expected to create a novel youth historical drama.

The third character teaser video that was published recently begins with an unusual image of Dong Dong Joo as she has cut her lovely braided hair. The "girlcrush" charm of Dong Joo - a free spirit who doesn't care about other people's opinions and walks through the widow village - has attracted the viewers' attention. Dong Joo's powerful gaze when drawing and aiming her bow helps viewers feel fully her strictness against evildoings. A Dong Dong Joo with the most candid mouth in Joseon and her coarse charm have soon raised the expectation for her enthusiasm in solving problems in the widow village. The video also arouses curiosity by showing Dong Dong Joo's appearance when she disguises herself as a man. However, above all, the most anticipated highlight is the refreshing collaboration between her and Nokdu (played by Jang Dong Yoon) - the guy that snuck into the widow village carrying within him a secret. Besides, Dong Joo's image as if she was in the period of "denying love" when asking herself, "Why? Because I don't care about you at all" brings laughter as well as making the viewers curious about the one-of-a-kind romance between her and Nokdu.

Kim So Hyun will show a perfect level of similarity as if she comes out from comics, living up to the title of visual genius when taking on the role of gruff intern gisaeng Dong Dong Joo who doesn't know to sing, dance and keep the rhythm. Dong Dong Joo is "golden hand" of the widow village when she can quickly create anything, at the same time owning the frankest talking manner in Joseon and can't stand injustice. The audience is channeling their attention to Kim So Hyun's dynamic image when she flawlessly transforms into Dong Dong Joo - a girl who is so assertive that she cut her hair by herself.

"The Tale of Nokdu" is the first drama produced under the support of Wavve - the largest Korean video service platform. The drama will be aired at 10 pm (KST) from September 30 on KBS 2TV and Wavve simultaneously.

https://channels.vlive.tv/BA6899/vtoday/0.11844250

Kim So Hyun Is A Dazzling Joseon Beauty In New Poster For âTale Of Nok-Duâ

Kim So Hyun Is A Dazzling Joseon Beauty In New Poster For “Tale Of Nok-Du”

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Tale of Nok-Du” has released a character poster for star Kim So Hyun!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Tale of Nok-Du” is a historical rom-com that tells the story of a man named Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon) who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community. There, he meets Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who wants to be anything but a gisaeng (female courtesan).

In her new poster, Kim So Hyun wears a warm smile on her face as she stands in a beautiful white and pink hanbok (traditional Korean dress). She holds a magnifying glass in order to examine the scroll in her hand, and she draws viewers in with her strong, steady gaze, which hints at her character’s firm principles and inability to tolerate injustice. The poster describes her character Dong Dong Joo as a “lively gisaeng-to-be.”

Kim So Hyun will portray Dong Dong Joo as a gisaeng-in-training with a sharp personality who isn’t afraid to speak her mind. Expectations are already high as to what kind of turbulent changes Jeon Nok Du will bring to the life of Dong Dong Joo, who harbors a hidden secret.

Producing director (PD) Kim Dong Hwi commented, “Kim So Hyun is an actress that is like a rainbow. She is pretty, cute, and cool at the same time, and she can show a colorful variety of charms, from laughter to tears. During filming, I’m always in awe of her detailed acting and sincerity.”

He added, “Kim So Hyun has shown her charms in many works, but I’m certain that ‘Tale of Nok-Du’ will be a particularly special one. I’m already excited about conveying to viewers the admiration and emotions I feel on the filming set. You can safely look forward to Kim So Hyun’s ‘Dong Dong Joo.'”

“Tale of Nok-Du” is slated to premiere on September 30 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki with English subtitles. Check out Kim So Hyun’s teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1351754wpp/kim-so-hyun-is-a-dazzling-joseon-beauty-in-new-poster-for-tale-of-nok-du

Jang DongYoon's Character Poster Of Jeon NokDu,

A Man Who Secretly Hiding (Disguising) In Woman's Clothes

EEOzfzsUwAEGDVL?format=jpg&name=900x900

(Omo! He's So Lovely! :blush:  I'm Getting More And More Jealous. :pensive:  

Life Is So Unfair! :cry: 

I Want To Hide In A Cave Right Now! Just Kidding! :smirk::lol:)

p.s. I apologise for my corny humor.

Jang Dong Yoon Disguises Himself As A Woman In New Poster For âTale Of Nok-Duâ

Jang Dong Yoon Disguises Himself As A Woman In New Poster For “Tale Of Nok-Du”

KBS’s upcoming drama “Tale of Nok-Du” has dropped the official character poster for Jang Dong Yoon!

Based on a webtoon of the same name, “Tale of Nok-Du” is a historical rom-com about a man named Jeon Nok Du (Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community. There, he meets Dong Dong Joo (Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who is not interested in becoming a gisaeng (a female courtesan).

Jang Dong Yoon’s character poster shows him in disguise as a woman, putting on makeup and surrounded by a background of flowers. However, his clothes are of the type that is associated with men of the period, suggesting that he is still in the middle of his transformation. The caption reads, “A man full of secrets, disguised as a woman, Jeon Nok Du.”

Director Kim Dong Hwi stated, “Jang Dong Yoon is an earnest and smart actor. In order to play Nok Du, he rehearses not only acting but also horseback riding, action, dancing, and how to move like a woman. He is maturing every day and exceeding expectations. Through Nok Du, you will be able to see a new side of Jang Dong Yoon as an actor. I feel a sense of happiness and pride in him as a director. Please look forward to seeing his surprising transformation as an actor.”

“Tale of Nok-Du” will premiere on September 30 and will be available on Viki. Check out Kim So Hyun’s character poster here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1351842wpp/jang-dong-yoon-disguises-himself-as-a-woman-in-new-poster-for-tale-of-nok-du

11 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

We finally see Jang Dong Yoon in a normal man's clothes and yet the color is pink... HAHA..

Yeah. It's still looks great on him though. :blush:

Actually, In Korean culture color pink symbolizes trust. 

It's kinda ironic because in the drama Nokdu is going to deceive others through his disguise. :grin:

2 hours ago, uglypearl said:

Yeah. It's still looks great on him though. :blush:

Actually, In Korean culture color pink symbolizes trust. 

It's kinda ironic because in the drama Nokdu is going to deceive others through his disguise. :grin:

True ~... as long as he looks good in it :D. Men wearing pink is ♡ ^-^

Kang Tae Oh Is A Handsome Cook With Secrets In New Poster For “Tale Of Nok-Du”

KBS’s upcoming drama “Tale of Nok-Du” has released the official character poster for Kang Tae Oh.

“Tale of Nok-Du” is a historical rom-com based on a webtoon of the same name about a man named Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman in order to enter a mysterious all-female community, and a gisaeng-in-training named Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), who wants anything but to become a gisaeng (female courtesan).

In the new character poster for Kang Tae Oh, the actor boasts stunning visuals as Cha Yul Mu, a man with a special talent for cooking. But behind the sweet and gentle man he presents to the world is someone who’s harboring a lot of secrets. Though he’s the subject of ladies’ love everywhere he goes, he only has eyes for Dong Dong Joo, with whom he has a special childhood connection.

A source from the drama said, “Kang Tae Oh is a solid, reliable actor. His own confidence as an actor is adding to the charisma of his character. Because Cha Yul Mu is a new character that isn’t in the original webtoon, we put a lot of thought and preparation into him. We’re excited to be able to show something different from the original work. Please look forward to the various sides of Cha Yul Mu that actor Kang Tae Oh will show you.”

Check out the character posters for Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun here and here!

“Tale of Nok-Du” premieres September 30 and will be available on Viki.

kang-tae-oh-tale-of-nok-du-00.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1352340wpp/kang-tae-oh-is-a-handsome-cook-with-secrets-in-new-poster-for-tale-of-nok-du

Flower behind Taeoh is Anemone, Betrayal.Helpless love. Empty love. Thanks for being there for me. I will give u my everything. Even if u dont love me, I still love u. It has so many meanings, and every one of them is sad. This is my flower from now on. Remember that.

Hoho the meaning of this flower tells us. we will meet again with strong second lead male syndrome for sso.

Spoiler

EEYzi19WwAUNQqG.jpg

One of the flowers behind jang dong yoon is mugunghwa (densim), or the rose of Sharon, is an object of deep affection. Meaning “eternal blossom that never fades, n pretty boy, literal meaning "flower beautiful male".Other flower behind jang dongyoon Lavender Roses: A Lavender rose like its color conveys enchantment. It also expresses "love at first sight".& Pink rose convey gentle emotions such as admiration, joy, and gratitude n Orange roses can be used to express intense desire, pride and fervor .These flowers rival only the red roses as messengers of passion in romance. Bucin 1 dongju , passionate love .

EEY8AkFU8AERy9z.jpg

Sso behind flower is Trumpet Creeper, dissolves blockages and self-limiting patterns regarding speech and communication. It cuts through fears of speaking up, while magnifying our ability to speak freely about what’s inside us, even if it’s a difficult conversation.

this explains the character of dongju. sharp personality who is not afraid to speak her mind.

EEZNUoSUcAE1uhl.jpg

CR:Jasmimessoind  -  twitter

Update: Kang Tae Oh And Jung Joon Ho Feature In Posters For “Tale Of Nok-Du”

Update: Kang Tae Oh And Jung Joon Ho Feature In Posters For “Tale Of Nok-Du”

Sep 14, 2019
by R. Jun

Updated September 15 KST:

Upcoming KBS drama “Tale of Nok-Du has shared Jung Joon Ho’s official character poster!

Describing his character King Gwanghae, Jung Joon Ho said, “Gwanghae is a lonely king who has been conquered by the temptation of power. That loneliness is something that makes the character interesting. From the moment I received the script, I looked at historical records and began to live through his ambition and anguish with him. [‘Tale of Nok-Du’] is a very intriguing and interesting drama where things will continue to unfold and make you unable to take your eyes off of the screen.”

Jung Joon Ho’s firm grip on his sword shows his desire for authority, while the dry branches represent his desolate heart. As a whole, the poster sheds light on King Gwanghae’s lonely struggle and the weight of his position on the throne.

jung-joon-ho-2.jpg

Source (1)

Original Article:

KBS’s upcoming drama “Tale of Nok-Du” has released the official character poster for Kang Tae Oh.

“Tale of Nok-Du” is a historical rom-com based on a webtoon of the same name about a man named Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman in order to enter a mysterious all-female community, and a gisaeng-in-training named Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), who wants anything but to become a gisaeng (female courtesan).

In the new character poster for Kang Tae Oh, the actor boasts stunning visuals as Cha Yul Mu, a man with a special talent for cooking. But behind the sweet and gentle man he presents to the world is someone who’s harboring a lot of secrets. Though he’s the subject of ladies’ love everywhere he goes, he only has eyes for Dong Dong Joo, with whom he has a special childhood connection.

A source from the drama said, “Kang Tae Oh is a solid, reliable actor. His own confidence as an actor is adding to the charisma of his character. Because Cha Yul Mu is a new character that isn’t in the original webtoon, we put a lot of thought and preparation into him. We’re excited to be able to show something different from the original work. Please look forward to the various sides of Cha Yul Mu that actor Kang Tae Oh will show you.”

Check out the character posters for Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun hereand here!

“Tale of Nok-Du” premieres September 30 and will be available on Viki.

kang-tae-oh-tale-of-nok-du-00.jpg

4th teaser come out.

Rough translation:-
Nok Du: washing dishes ( daughter) 
Dong-ju: room cleaning ( daughter )
Dong-ju: spinning (daughter)
Dong-ju: breakfast ( daughter )
Dong-ju: washing clothes ( daughter )
Dong-ju: oh ma, are you so happy for winning your daughter ? 
Nok Du: daughter, that's certainly, no need to ask.
 Work at giseang house , it's the last work left , ( Nok Du)
Dong-ju: the most works are over there.
Nok Du: See what is the use of raising children?!
Dong-ju: Because it's always burdened.
Nok Du: (os : there's so many (untrustworthy) men , how can I send my daughter there?! Daughter...
-
-
Sso: our daughter is a giseang trainee, a suspicious mother appears. Chosun Romcom Nok Du Jeon, September 30 first broadcast.
-
-
Mother and daughter assigning their daily works through chess game .

Translated by shirlley0604 -ig

Archived