[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Gi said:

i know right! i get that it gives the cast more time to film but on the other hand, ratings tend to decline when eps get cancelled. 

btw, does anyone know what episode they are filming now? 

I'm sad if people only indicate the quality of the drama by its ratings, this drama so underrated..

I'm not sure what episode.. But based on this tweet, I believe they are live shooting.. Maybe around episode 10-11 (old format)?

Safe to say that we not gonna have separation for too long..

IMG-20191024-160940.png

I have a second thought about ND and the grave. If it was lady Kim, so we already had a sign

EHlwHC_XUAIO7J1?format=jpg&name=small

But if it was the case, ND should have understood how much it would hurt DJ by faking his death. And there're enough I-hurt-you-so-I-can-protect-you in this drama..

Other case: Maybe Hwang master did that while rescuing him and other in Muwol mistakes his body etc, But that smells familiar... That kind of tragic already happened in Ruler.

So, the worst case may go to... madame Chun underneath that grave (NO!!! pls, I like her a lot) Yulmu can kill her bcs she knew he was the one destroyed the village, she can leak that information to DJ. As Sook has no idea who did this but those bandits, she seems losing contact with madame Chun. But who know, it's a way to tell how DJ met her. 

But forget that tragedy, let's talk abt the UPCOMING KISS SCENE!!!!

1 hour ago, faye406 said:

So we'll have a kiss in the sunset? seems like it'll be rainy too....

OMG, I cant wait for it ~~~ :love: pls, kiss hard and bring the rom-com back.

1 hour ago, Gi said:

i know right! i get that it gives the cast more time to film but on the other hand, ratings tend to decline when eps get cancelled. 

btw, does anyone know what episode they are filming now? 

I'm so done with the ratings but if kbs ignores this brilliant drama at the awards ceremony I'll sue. They said they filmed 50% during the radio show last week which should mean they're live shooting. Next weeks episode are possibly being filmed this week.

47 minutes ago, faye406 said:

Well I'm glad that separation will end in hopefully proper kisses this time but why is he fully clothed? Where are his abs? We need the nokdu ab show.

30 minutes ago, valNK said:

I have a second thought about ND and the grave. If it was lady Kim, so we already had a sign

But if it was the case, ND should have understood how much it would hurt DJ by faking his death.

Other case: Maybe Hwang master did that while rescuing him and other in Muwol has mistaken his body etc, But that smells familiar... That kind of tragic was already used in Ruler.

However, the worst case may go to... madame Chun underneath that grave (NO!!! pls, I like her a lot) But who know, it's a way to tell how DJ met her. 

Madame was still at hanyang when the fire started. It won't be her. To me that looks like a grave for all the widows who died during the fire but not any of the main or supporting characters. At least that is what I hope. Nokdu would still be dealing with the secrets that have been revealed to him. He must be in deep shock about his birth secret and ran away until he can wrap his head around it I suppose. If dongjoo thought he was dead she wouldn't be looking for him in the preview. I doubt he would fake his own death when he told dongjoo not to leave suddenly. 

1 hour ago, valNK said:

So we'll have a kiss in the sunset? seems like it'll be rainy too....

OMG, I cant wait for it ~~~ :love: pls, kiss hard and bring the rom-com back.

Make it a believable kissing scene.NOT just just a peck. I was deeply disappointed watching Flower crew kissing scene. It was so lame...

8 hours ago, morningdew said:

I think the unfinished conversation he meant was the one with Minister Heo, when nokdu confronted minister heo why he tried to kill his family before they were interrupted by mdm cheon who informed them about the danger in widow village

That's just me hoping it would be about DJ and ND :rolleyes:...

3 hours ago, petunia said:

Why don't they cancel baseball instead? I'm sick of not knowing whether or not an episode will air. This is getting very annoying especially when we are getting to the juicy part of the drama. I'm starting to develop a strong hatred towards sports. . 

Ugh, tell me about it. Baseball interrupting our TTON is making us hate sports now :joy:.

I hope we can get a kiss scene soon... HAHA .. I wonder what episode is that kiss scene. And wow, the swing now has become a significant part of their love story ♡♡♡. And from the preview, King Gwanghae is trying to be an extra and so Nokdu called out to him saying until when will he ride it.. ha ha ...

Does anybody has the slightest idea why would king Gwanghae want to kill his own son? This part still confuses me! 

I really hope Nokdu won’t pull a noble idiocy when he finds out that his biological father was responsible for her family’s elimination. Nokdu has nothing to do with it and he was already living on the island far away at that time. 

12 minutes ago, aisling said:

Does anybody has the slightest idea why would king Gwanghae want to kill his own son? This part still confuses me! 

I think someone said :D He wanted the son dead because he was born Nov. 19th and he believe there may be a bod omen attached to it . 

* my reason he jealous of his beauty :joy:

I still have a few questions after watching the episode with subs..

Does Yulmu know Nokdu is the Kings son.. because he wants to kill the kings son because that would be best for his plans, but i am unsure of his reason wo kill lady kim. In the latest episodes it seems like he is suspicious towards Lady kim, but he isn't sure yet..

About the grave Dongju is crying in front of.. she would only cry this hard if it were someone she cared deeply about.. If it isn't Nokdu's grave how would they part and actually let go of each other?? 

And i'm also still curious why the king wanted his son dead, it seems like Yulmu knows why and Heo is only alive because he didnt question the kings motives..

Didnt the doosan bears and kiwoom play this tuesday?? why do they have to play again.. aint nobody got time for them..

@soesje is fair to say Yulmu didn’t question it because he’s so dump the only thing behind his ear is air or who would plan a stupid master plan like his & order a raid on village when his supposed love still in the village :unamused:

Thanks for teaching us how to master a stupid master plan :joy:

5db18d5251237052301591.gif?download

Spoiler

5db18d683bc81154682429.gif?download

5db18d78d5cd9342734085.gif?download

Final result :tounge_xd:

1 hour ago, soesje said:

Does Yulmu know Nokdu is the Kings son.. because he wants to kill the kings son because that would be best for his plans, but i am unsure of his reason wo kill lady kim. In the latest episodes it seems like he is suspicious towards Lady kim, but he isn't sure yet..

About the grave Dongju is crying in front of.. she would only cry this hard if it were someone she cared deeply about.. If it isn't Nokdu's grave how would they part and actually let go of each other?? 

And i'm also still curious why the king wanted his son dead, it seems like Yulmu knows why and Heo is only alive because he didnt question the kings motives..

I don't think YulMu knows what the King's son looks like yet - it would seem a little strange if so? The ones after the family were the MuWol who aren't in his control until recently. And surely the King is suspicious of YulMu as well - he doesnt seem to trust anybody as it is right now. I'm wonder if there's more to the King's character, given he is one of the 4 leads, but doesnt seem to get much action - its not as if he's outwitting his opponents.

In the Entertainment weekly preview, it looks like they ahve fully moved on from the widow village which is such a pity! sort of feels like we wont get lady kim back at all.

13 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

HAHA... it's pretty clear to me it's Nokdu-ya. Because even if, let's say, it is Dongjoo, it wouldn't make any sense :)... the flashback leading up to it, which you also mentioned, her asking ND's real name, happened before she uttered those words ^^...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'm sure we will get a short replay of that powerful final scene in episode 15, and maybe part of this scene was truncated (like we haven't seen how Nokdu dashed (at seemingly light speed) from behind Yulmu to reach Dong Joo). This Joseon Romantic Comedy has switched into a Sageuk more quickly than Kim Nok Soon can say Omo! Jinjja?! Waen-il Ini! Waen-il Ini!  I hope they balance the intense scenes with more light-hearted ones in the future episodes. After all, you can't call yourself a roco if there's no romance + comedy in the picture!

3 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

I hope we can get a kiss scene soon... HAHA .. I wonder what episode is that kiss scene. And wow, the swing now has become a significant part of their love story ♡♡♡. And from the preview, King Gwanghae is trying

to be an extra and so Nokdu called out to him saying until when will he ride it.. ha ha ...

When Nokdu spouted that line in the teaser, I was thinking about how JDY in real life would also covet the swing LOL (remember the hilarious BTS) 

2 hours ago, soesje said:

them..

I don't think Yulmu knows Nokdu yet (at least not in episode 14). In the preview Yulmu is seen telling Dan Oh (his bodyguard) that "we can't let (him) stay alive any longer". Wonder if the "him" refers to Nokdu or Minister Heo or Hwangtae? There seems a good chance that he means Nokdu, since he's been talking about killing Nokdu (to Dong Joo). As for the grave, I'm going out on a limb to guess it's not Nokdu but someone else dear to Dong Joo and Ssook. Maybe Lady Cheon or others from the Widow's Village. Nokdu might have entrusted Dong Joo in the care of Ssook, then left to complete his unfinished business with his new-found father while having to hide from Yulmu and the other enemies and trying to rescue his adopted father and brother (I don't believe Nokdu would just give up on them). So Nokdu disappears on Dong Joo.

Quoting one of my favourite lines from Goblin:

I pray that in our next life, the waiting will be short and the meeting shall be long.

Fingers crossed that their DongJeon couple's separation lasts less than one episode!

7 hours ago, aisling said:

I really hope Nokdu won’t pull a noble idiocy when (...)

Please, please! Don't say those two cursed words! If you invoke them, they could come in and we would be dammed! Let's stay far away from the biggest enemy of kdrama fans (apart from baseball, of course).

OK, my bet for the first minutes of Monday's ep: Nok-du probably knows Yool-mo is the culprit of that massacre, so he's going straight to kill him. But there is about one or two thousand thugs in the middle. Nok-du crushes them all (epic background music and slow motion) and, when he is tired but close to catch CYM, ninja bodyguard gets between them and it starts the Big One (as this is a fiction, they both may be Joseon's best sword fighters). One way or another, ninja bodyguard defeats Nok-du and kills him or I-am-pretty-sure-I-killed-him-master-but-I-didn't-check-it-because-this-is-a-kdrama-and-evil-people-is-supposed-to-do-that-way.

8 hours ago, Sky8lue said:

I'm sure we will get a short replay of that powerful final scene in episode 15, and maybe part of this scene was truncated (like we haven't seen how Nokdu dashed (at seemingly light speed) from behind Yulmu to reach Dong Joo). This Joseon Romantic Comedy has switched into a Sageuk more quickly than Kim Nok Soon can say Omo! Jinjja?! Waen-il Ini! Waen-il Ini!  I hope they balance the intense scenes with more light-hearted ones in the future episodes. After all, you can't call yourself a roco if there's no romance + comedy in the picture!

When Nokdu spouted that line in the teaser, I was thinking about how JDY in real life would also covet the swing LOL (remember the hilarious BTS) 

Fingers crossed that their DongJeon couple's separation lasts less than one episode!

Pretty sure we'll see that in ep 15. Kdramas usually do that....the missing parts on the ending of ep 14 will definitely be shown in the beginning of ep 15. I wanna see how he left both Minister Heo and Lady Chun in that situation. I wonder how far Hanyang is from the widow village...ND just got there at lightning speed... the power of LOVE ~ :wub:

HAHA... yes, he will most likely do it again...the swing. And speaking of BTS, shouldn't they release another one for eps 13-14... hmm..

I do hope too that they get separated and then meet again in eps 15-16.

4 hours ago, angrytomato said:

OK, my bet for the first minutes of Monday's ep: Nok-du probably knows Yool-mo is the culprit of that massacre, so he's going straight to kill him. But there is about one or two thousand thugs in the middle. Nok-du crushes them all (epic background music and slow motion) and, when he is tired but close to catch CYM, ninja bodyguard gets between them and it starts the Big One (as this is a fiction, they both may be Joseon's best sword fighters). One way or another, ninja bodyguard defeats Nok-du and kills him or I-am-pretty-sure-I-killed-him-master-but-I-didn't-check-it-because-this-is-a-kdrama-and-evil-people-is-supposed-to-do-that-way.

LOL.. I like your scenario ^^... and that's how he got injured because you can see how chapped and bloody his lips are in that preview. He'll single handedly fight those morons for laying a hand on his love :)

~~~~~~~~~~

Btw, to those new fans of JDY (like me ^^)... here's some fun facts about him. Just click on this account to read her consecutive tweets... I just like him before, now I LOVE him ~ :joy:

He loves exercising... so Exhibit A...ha ha...

20191025-070039.gif 

Does anyone find it odd that the king is on the swing? I had always associated the swing to be special and personal to Dong Ju because it was symbolic of her happy childhood with her family. With the king swinging on it too now and appearing to be in deep thoughts, it makes me back away from the notion that the king is truly responsible for Dong Ju's family's deaths. Or...it's possible that I'm overthinking it. The king simply happened to pass by it and just decided to take a rest on it.

Archived