[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

what did yoolmu tell dongju when he entered her house..

And why does he want to become the king, seems like they captured nokdu's brother..

ugh im really hoping we get to see episode 13/14 tomorrow, I really cant wait another week.. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Sky8lue said:

Unfortunately it looks like he will be trying his best to get in their way :( And since Yulmu's character doesn't exist in the webtoon, I wonder how much the drama will deviate from the webtoon going forward!

Translation of the last few seconds of the preview under spoiler. Both Nokdu and Dong Joo look so...

I still hope this won't get too darky dark esp. YM is just an additional character. Hope he only spice it up but not really go there. 

That pleading Nokdu just breaks my heart :tears:. Dongjoo should listen to him. 

Dramamilk's translation of the preview...

PREVIEW

VO – The gisaeng house that feeds the widow town. The owner and all the widows close to them.

HT – if I am really the Kings son, then hiding like this my entire life wont be too regretful

YM – I heard you joined the assassin group

ND – Are you preparing a coup?

Caption – The War is…

Cheon – Tomorrow morning we all have to leave the widow town

YM – if I kill him, would you still be okay?

Caption – Starting

ND – i am not asking you to like me, just don’t disappear, please.

Nokdu's brother telling Heo Yoon he's the King's son?... hmmm...

And YM threatening to kill ND to DJ.

Still shocked ! Some of us find him quite passive. Thinking he was always in the Gisaeng house for DJ but doing nothing expect staring at her. Without really helping her. 

But NOT AT ALL!! He has his own agenda and his own goals sans DJ. He is in fact working constantly behind his kind smiles and cooking. 

I am seriously impressed the second lead doesn’t live only for the main lady. 

I fear that AD might betray ND one more time without her knowledge... as she has no idea how ambitious and ruthless YM is. 

I know why YM killed the young prince. Since Gwanghae has no child, he is more likely to inherit the throne. Now, I am even wondering if he was not the one who put the boar in the palace in order to force the king to take measures against the Queen Dowager and her son. By doing so, he creates an atmosphere of suspicion and doubt so that Gwanghae thinks, he is in danger. But if HY joins hands with YM, then ND's life will be more in danger because the secret of his birth will be revealed to YM.  

This scene HAHAHA imagine how weird it was for YM to watch ND dressing and changing his voice. If I were YM, id be so weirded out by the whole situation

I kinda knew YM is not who he seems but i did not expect him to be this crazy hahahah but good job to the actor (forgot his name sorry!) for carrying the whole scene

The last few scenes was so intense tho, i love it! 

27 minutes ago, kshuuuuuw said:

I like YM character even more tho, i find him so interesting now. Its weird seeing him from flirting with girls, cooking with gentle smiles to crazy eyes and expressions, bloody face and killing people. :sweat_smile:

Same!! Or maybe it's just my biased self talking. The moment YM smiled at the first episode, I was lured in, hook, line, and slinker:wub:

Despite me not really wanting YM to go down that path, I feel that these revelations added more layers to his character and yeah, he became more interesting, less of a 2D 2nd lead so there's that. I just hope the writers wouldn't botch up his character haha I still want those bromance scenes lol

And I just loveeee how Kang Tae Oh went from gentle to straight-up-yandere-ish-scary. He's good, I'll give him that. He went from "looking like a cinnamon roll and is an actual cinnamon roll" to "looking like a cinnamon roll but could actually kill you" like damn haha

50 minutes ago, kshuuuuuw said:

as for DJ, I hope we get to see her in action soon. She's been pretty chill lately hahaha (i have ptsd from ruler, so I hope her character does not turn out like that or I am back to flipping tables. but for real tho, pls do something next episode so  my trauma can go and chill somewhere else)

I got that trauma too. DJ didnt do much in recent episodes. And it's kind of illogical that a revenging girl like her didn't suspect any mysterious thing around the gisaeng house and widow village. She's too navie or she trusts haengsu-nim completely? 

But let's hope. Now other character is on stage, she just step back for awhile  *I'm praying*:ph34r:

However, CYM from a bright-shining guy turn to bloody creepy Neungyanggun so suddenly, I'm still shocked. I have no idea where this story will go. Holly crap, how can a island-coming-to-land boy with a gisaeng-trainee-used-to-be fight back that huge palace thing?

Anyway, think of it, Nokdu ah, you kissed a future king, you know????!!!!!

8YDlC2Z.jpg

1 minute ago, Ameera Ali said:

They like to hurt each other with love :tounge_wink:

OMG i almost passed out laughing :joy::joy:

They really are harsh with each other..

I'm so curious to find out what happens because the king is at the place where the whole fight is going down.. so will he walk in on YM trying to persuade HY to help him become the king... 

So, if YM is one of the next king in line.  Does it mean DJ came from a very top noble family? He's her ex fiance after all.. 

What if after talking with AD that telling how angry DJ because ND doesn't back at home and that's what trigger YM to execute his power and at the same time to get DJ back/before her feeling deepens towards ND ?

In preview YM asked DJ is that okay if he kills ND?  :sweatingbullets:

4 minutes ago, soesje said:

OMG i almost passed out laughing :joy::joy:

They really are harsh with each other..

I'm so curious to find out what happens because the king is at the place where the whole fight is going down.. so will he walk in on YM trying to persuade HY to help him become the king... 

You know what when his girlfriend hit him on the head , he learn how you to save his head in fighting  :lol::mrgreen: - @lightbringer06so she loving girlfriend that give training to her boyfriend 

28 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Sky8lue he could have fly from her kick :lol: , he so skinny :mrgreen:

We NEED the BTS for this scene!

31 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

The fiancé is best :joy:

now she call him unnie casually :mrgreen: as if it’s normal thing :tounge_xd:

You mean ex-fiancée. Nokdu is yesterday's news :P (Though she's probably going to ditch her new object of affection after she finds out his murderous intentions. He's no friendly chef, that's for sure...)

Dong Joo wears the pants in this family:

18 minutes ago, valNK said:

I got that trauma too. DJ didnt do much in recent episodes. And it's kind of illogical that a revenging girl like her didn't suspect any mysterious thing around the gisaeng house and widow village. She's too navie or she trusts haengsu-nim completely? 

But let's hope. Now other character is on stage, she just step back for awhile  *I'm praying*:ph34r:

I hope she's not so clueless about what happens around the widow village and gisaeng house.. But to think about, the trio avengers also seems know nothing about the widows assassin too :sweatingbullets: let's hope that her revenge action will be showing too...  

Archived