[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

4 hours ago, uglypearl said:

I Prefer This Kind Of Scenario Possibility Than DongJu Making NokDu Cry And Hurting His Feelings.

Oh I agree with this! Should have thought of that - but it seems a lot more fitting and in line that he gets hit a few more times :P we know there's still one more whacking scene to come when they go to wash plates. at least DJ is somewhat consistent! 

1 hour ago, soesje said:

I also hope they tell each other about their plans, but it seems difficult. Dongju is running away from her feelings(literally) and Nokdu does not seem ready to share his plans with anybody. He didn't even tell Dongju what he has been up to until now so i think it will take at least 3 episodes before he will spill the beans, mungbeans that is:smirk:.. (i'm following your lead)

It looks for certain that their individual missions will lead them both to the palace, so as long as ND doesnt do the whole 'it is too dangerous for you to enter the palace' bit, then I'm happy. I'm on team he-is-not-the-prince but who knows what will happen. I think DJ got to know Hwang Tae as well in the webtoon, so I'm wondering when ND's family will cross paths with him again - before or after he runs into the palace?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, soesje said:

But i think Nokdu aengdu and aengdu's dad don't know about the new attack yet.. so maybe they'll find out when they return the kid to where she belongs.. 

I also hope they tell each other about their plans, but it seems difficult. Dongju is running away from her feelings(literally) and Nokdu does not seem ready to share his plans with anybody. He didn't even tell Dongju what he has been up to until now so i think it will take at least 3 episodes before he will spill the beans, mungbeans that is:smirk:.. (i'm following your lead)

Edit: I really love the new OST, gummy always delivers quality music

In the age before mobile phones the first telephone, news travels slowly but hopefully Nokdu can reunite with his (adopted) father and brother very soon. Aeng Du's father doesn't look like some ordinary villager who happens to know martial arts too (just look at the martial arts prowess of his student, Nokdu).

HD photos of the new stills from http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/268369:

t6i9Mj0UObHX637071756490840379.jpg

Spoiler

v3RzYlYbvf5R637071756559902868.jpg

UjHL4fpWqArS637071756627559115.jpg

EKXEGdnjQFrW637071756759444213.jpgvNEBWi4YRKWX637071756817891988.jpg

Since everyone is postulating about whether Nokdu is "crying" in the scene below. Here's my guess:

Spoiler

If you zoom in on Nokdu's hand, he's holding onto the hanbok's [pink ribbon (used to fasten the top). Which is an awkward thing to do if he's actually wiping away tears. My guess is he's trying to shield his face for some reason. So he's not crying but reacting to some situation. Nokdu's a sensitive new age guy (or mother), but tearing up because Dong Joo didn't accept his confession seems out of character.

1uxtpNUM4hjZ637071756694902860.jpg

More impressive fanart:

4 hours ago, aisling said:

Me imagining that bed scene you guys have been talking about

Bring it on! 

Don't imagine they have to give us the scene. What drama is this gif from? I might be inclined to watch. 

2 hours ago, herina_90 said:

Oh yeah new OST!

You can always trust gummy for a great ost. Its already on melon top 100.

Yup I agree with @Sky8lue I don't think he's crying over DongJu.. the way he wipe his face? eyes? with his cloth is so unmanly.. is he still playing his Omoni's role? 

And instead of she leaked Nokdu's secret.. I think she's trying to flirt with Nokdu but Nokdu was too afraid Drunken Dongju would blow up his cover.. HAHAHAHA

Webtoon author is on a roll today!

Update: apparently this is drawn by the webtoon author's husband! Mentioned in her caption to the IG posts. No wonder the drawing style seems different. But he's really good too!

Spoiler

3 hours ago, petunia said:

Don't imagine they have to give us the scene. What drama is this gif from? I might be inclined to watch. 

The GIF is from a drama called A Poem A Day (or You Who Forgot Poetry). It actually has a really endearing female lead and I liked the first half immensely but they pretty screwed up the second half.

Spoiler

The writer didn’t know who she wanted to get a girl, so she waited to see audience’s reaction. It turned out people thought the other guy was more suitable for a female lead so in order to make that guy shine the writer turned Jang Dong Yoon’s character into a huge jerk. 

Obviously fans were pissed and there was this nasty shipping war. I think the writer really wronged JDY too. Thank goodness he’s a such talented actor who managed to land a leading role even after that fiasco.

16 minutes ago, aisling said:

Hide contents

The writer didn’t know who she wanted to get a girl, so she waited to see audience’s reaction. It turned out people thought the other guy was more suitable for a female lead so in order to make that guy shine the writer turned Jang Dong Yoon’s character into a huge jerk. 

Obviously fans were pissed and there was this nasty shipping war. I think the writer really wronged JDY too. Thank goodness he’s a such talented actor who managed to land a leading role even after that fiasco.

Spoiler

I love JDY's character in that drama... and once his character changed inconsistently I dropped the drama..  LOL

But for me, I'm glad he's taking Nokdu's role.. JDY is so beautiful

Monday is coming!!! please no sport overtime!! 

55 minutes ago, aisling said:

Hide contents

I never actually watched any JDY dramas except bits and pieces of School 2017, but when I know he's a 2nd lead there, didn't manage to finish it. And I've been reading lots of comments about his performance in A Poem A Day and his acting prowess. And now, I got to see it here in this drama. I know he was also in Mr. Sunshine.

32 minutes ago, aoikarin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I love JDY's character in that drama... and once his character changed inconsistently I dropped the drama..  LOL

But for me, I'm glad he's taking Nokdu's role.. JDY is so beautiful

Totally agree~ can't imagine anyone who can pull of Nokdu :D. He's now already on my actors list^^. I looked up some info about him and so glad he already served in the army so no 2 years waiting for him.. ha ha...

And speaking of those still cuts too, I agree to most of you, I've been burned by the previous still cuts they released last week, you know, that palanquin scene, and I didn't expect the ending of that episode!... HAHA... so I don't think I can say much about it just by looking at the pics coz it can be deceiving at times.

I saw some comments on Twitter that there's a sports game again on Tuesday, but KBS better not delay my TTON again... or else...^---^

Oh yeah!!! It's Monday now my time here..

aace8e3f59b68bd1d4ec54cd1cd26896f43ad912 

CANNOT WAIT !  ! !

14 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@LyraYoo @Ameera Ali

That's just the struggle of my life... because then they gave us this, SO early in the drama. And I'm like "WHERE do you want to take this?" and "HOW are you going to resolve that whole cliffhanger?".

For me I was wondering first time I watch it :joy: where is this bathroom, I thought there home is only one room , so this widow village they must sleep so early, for  him to walk half naked like this  :joy: 

But love he kissed her maybe to answer her back , when she told him who would like someone dress like woman , the joke on her now :joy: she kind responded to his kiss but how would she denied her feeling now  , run away maybe :(

@LyraYoo Hello friend, we meet again. It’s been quite a long time :) I’ve been on a k-drama hiatus for 10 months but thanks to Nokdu I can feel giddy again, it feels like coming home once again LOL. He’s just spectacular in this role, isn’t he? 

@lightbringer06 I don’t know if it’s true but it seems like JDY didn’t even plan to be an actor. He became popular because he helped to catch a thief in a store and was even awarded for it. The viewers were so stunned by his good looks and he decided to become an actor.

jang-dongyoon-award-2015.png

https://www.kpopmap.com/actor-jang-dongyoon-past-heroism-intrigues-koreans/

40 minutes ago, aisling said:

@lightbringer06 I don’t know if it’s true but it seems like JDY didn’t even plan to be an actor. He became popular because he helped to catch a thief in a store and was even awarded for it. The viewers were so stunned by his good looks and he decided to become an actor.

That is true. If you've watched their Entertainment Weekly interview, it was mentioned there. It's how he debuted^^. Although he didn't plan to become an actor, I think it was meant for him to be because just in 4 years, his acting range is really something :D. Here's that interview...

1 hour ago, aisling said:

The GIF is from a drama called A Poem A Day (or You Who Forgot Poetry). It actually has a really endearing female lead and I liked the first half immensely but they pretty screwed up the second half.

Reveal hidden contents

Yikes. Then maybe I'll put it on hold. Nokdu is enough to satisfy me with jang dongyoon and kim sohyun going for all that skinship, bare bodied torsos, googly eyes, female assassins and potential bed scene. I won't forgive kbs if they cancel yet another episode this week on short notice.

34 minutes ago, aisling said:

Makes perfect sense to me. Who else could possibly play nokdu.

Holy Mother Of Pearl. That confident teasing smirk will be the death of me.

26-D7792-E-EB36-43-FA-B9-C6-D50-A03-D6-E

Just purely for research purposes... he worked hard for those abs, his body was less defined last year. 

Spoiler

5-F66263-A-9-A3-E-4196-89-D7-B19-B737-B2

Spoiler

BFC8-A384-3-F7-D-40-A2-8-B5-A-560-D46-A4

And now I’m just going to crawl back to the shame cave... :ph34r:
———

Look how concentrated he is here :lol:

C0-D3-F73-F-4255-416-B-B00-E-83-E64-C420

After years of silence in a Soompi forum, here I'm again \o/ I'm really enjoying this drama so much. A new fan of Jang Dong Yoon for sure, tbh all the cast is doing an amazing job :relieved: 

Here some adorable fanarts I found in Twitter: 

Archived