[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, valNK said:

Let me list some questions after 4 episodes.

1. Thing everyone wants to know: whether Nokdu is the king's child.

2. Why did his father take the baby away?

3. Why did Heo Jun let them go and now chase after them? 

4. How is Cha Yool Mu's family and how he involve in that political game? He's the one can deal with the yangban. Nokdu also questioned how rich and powerful he was.

5. Why were Dong Ju's family massacred? And how did haengsu-nim find her that time?

6. Who is haengsu-nim in the Muwoldan?

And... finally, how Nokdu and Dongju fit in that palanquin? :joy:

Indeed, listing those questions just make me want to forget all and focus on our couple only LoL

Cr: DC

Since CYM's family was close to DDJ's parents and they were never targeted by the authorities, we can assume that CYM and his parents are close to the minister Heo Yoon. Notice that now the king is suspecting him for plotting something against him.

2-3 I read that Gwanghae only became a king in 1609 and in 1613, the prince Yeongchang will be killed. This means, the event with the baby and DJ's family must have happened, when Gwanghae was not the king himself, he was just the Crown prince who acted like a king, since his father fled in front of Japanese invasion during Seven Year war (1592-1598). 

Maybe the King's former friend Jung Yoon Jeo was supposed to have died protecting Gwanghae's child, when the Japanese invasion occurred. I believe that the minister HY had already planned a coup d'état, using the opportunity of the Japanese invasion in order to get rid of the future next Crown prince. However, HY failed in the sense that Gwanghae's son should have been killed. HY didn't bring upon himself to get rid of Jung as they used to be close friends. He thought, if he jumped from the cliff, he and the child would never survive. That's why he didn't kill him himself... he thought, fate would take care of it.

But the problem arouse, when an official close to the King told him that he had seen the official Jung who was supposed to have died. If Jung was alive, this means that the baby was alive too. This would explain why the king is looking for the child. The question is now: why didn't JYJ go back to the king's side? I actually suspect that he knew that his friend HY would frame him after killing the child by saying that JYJ faked his death, in reality he had killed the prince...

Since Yeongchang has a lot of supporters, Gwanghae has every reason to look for his own child as he can ensure his succession.  

This series is so fun to watch.  I’ve seen Jang Dong Yoon in supporting roles so I’m happy he got the lead role in this one.

Just praying that TTON maintains its balance between comedy and drama.  I hate it to be like Love in the Moonlight or 100 Days My Prince in the end.

52 minutes ago, honeywell said:

This series is so fun to watch.  I’ve seen Jang Dong Yoon in supporting roles so I’m happy he got the lead role in this one.

Just praying that TTON maintains its balance between comedy and drama.  I hate it to be like Love in the Moonlight or 100 Days My Prince in the end.

I hope the ending will be a happy ending like the webtoon version..

3 hours ago, angrytomato said:

What happened to the pedo-disgusting noble man? It's not like I care for him (though his hyena laughing is funny as hell), but it seems like a little hole in the script

It was mentioned that chef guy(dj love interest) “took care” of him, that’s why he never showed up in front of DJ in her at his place. 

When my most anticipated scene finally came on, I was :love:...

20191009-182041.gif

Uhm, does he really need to lick his lips like that?..HAHA.. I swear JDY is like an illegal walking human in this scene :joy:...stealing my fragile heart in the process :tounge_xd:

Spoiler

20191009-185052.gif

20191009-185151.gif  

I think this is my favorite scene of ep 5-6 because of this conversation between DJ and ND. Also where the bud of their romance started to finally bloom ♡♡♡. Think this is where they somehow connected with each other that when ND was teasing DJ how handsome he is, she didn't retort like she usually would have. I know, girl, you were already smitten by him... :blush:

Spoiler

20191009-184212.png20191009-184305.png

20191009-184329.png

20191009-184359.png

20191009-184432.png

20191009-184459.png

20191009-184525.png

20191009-184554.png

20191009-184621.png

20191009-184647.png

20191009-184712.png

20191009-184735.png 

And when this scene came...(aigoo, these two awkward potatoes :joy:)20191009-182919.gif

Spoiler

20191009-183506.gif

I just want to...

tenor-8.gif :joy:

I absolutely love the development of Nokdu and Dong Joo's relationship. Both getting jealous unknowingly, that it's too cute^^. Basically, Nokdu has now become Dong Joo's only family. And that swing scene showed how DJ's life has been, that contrast and shift between her family and Nokdu watching her is absolutely sad but beautiful.

1 hour ago, elan1 said:

It was mentioned that chef guy(dj love interest) “took care” of him, that’s why he never showed up in front of DJ in her at his place. 

Thank you. If it's so, there's a problem with Viki's translation. They never make clear that Yool-moo has "taken care" of pedo-dude. He just say something like "that rotten bastard..." and then stops talking when widow Kim comes out of the house.

Anyway, this could lead to trouble for Yool-mo and the rest of the village and gisaeng house.

And now, for something completely different: why Hwang-tae, Nok-du's brother, seems to wear even more make-up (eyelashes) than Dong Dong-jo, Ssook or other widows?

9 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

5d9e1e8170564081837801.gif?download

Are Dong Dong & Dong Joo save  :joy:

What in his hand in this :smirk:

5d9e1cf123231820999665.gif?download

* we all know about her bad sleep but what about his :sweat_smile:

my guess is either (a) he's also having a dream that is something equally weird and hilarious, or (b) he accidentally did something that Dongjoo thought was just a "weird dream" and he's faking sleep so she won't beat the crap out of him:joy:

41 minutes ago, angrytomato said:

Hmmm... from my point of view (345 diopters every eye), those are kid's hand and arm. So I guess it's Aeng-doo (Nok-du's... errrr... fiancée :sweatingbullets:).

I think so too ;)

Kang Tae Oh ig uptade

@Ameera Ali @cinnamonsterxx I think the hand belongs to ND's little "island wife". It seems like too small to belong to Nokdu and it's maybe holding something to eat (the little girl is often seen eating something like the cucumber last episode).

And meeting your mother's incredibly strong child bride would be absurd enough to seem like a weird dream the next day...

Agree with some of you guys, this is definitely a child's hand...Aeng Du's, for sure.

20191010-074950.png 

So we will have the female love rivals sleeping together? And here we have the male love rivals doing a kabedon moment? :joy:. This drama is really taking reverse roles to the highest level...lol..

Tale-of-Nokdu-7-8-1.gif 

I'm already imagining Dong Joo's reaction when she'll learn about Nokdu's real "little fiancee". She'll probably say something along this line...

Dong Joo: So you're not just a perverted nasty womanizer but also a pedophile???  (while looking at Nokdu with disbelief with those big, round eyes opened wide)   :joy:

4 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

I'm already imagining Dong Joo's reaction when she'll learn about Nokdu's real "little fiancee". She'll probably say something along this line...

Dong Joo: So you're not just a perverted nasty womanizer but also a pedophile???  (while looking at Nokdu with disbelief with those big, round eyes opened wide)

that would be a mega wave of LOLssss

Not only that I can envision "little finacee" acting all jealous and hit and cause trouble to DJ whenever nokdu is not looking hahaha

But being all innocent and kind when Nodku is looking hahaha 

Archived