[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTS : NokDu Facing Risks And Fears Upon Entering The Widow Village

Speaking About Kim LeeKyung , Her Role Is Ok Ran, A GiSaeng Praised By YulMu Due To Her Acing Fine Appearance And Her Young, Elegant Grace. She's Jealous Of YulMu's One Sided Devotion Towards DongJu.

She's A Deep Hearted Woman Who Can Comfort Others But A Three Dimensional Person Who Has To Be Gentle And Act Restrained.

View image on Twitter

Hello @angrytomato !  As @faye406  has already pointed out, the webtoon artist appears to be very supportive of the drama production. She's been posting warm messages and has taken to drawing the characters from the drama adaptation. Her latest addition today:

EGPbD8oVAAAm-rZ.jpg:large

Spoiler

EGPa1A8VUAEPl1_.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/hyejinyang02

https://blog.naver.com/hyejinyang02

Personally I do like some of the changes that the drama adaptation has made to the webtoon, including the introduction of Yul Mu, being a brand new character (fingers crossed that Yul Mu stays as a noble second lead though. I can do without all the second/supporting leads turning to the dark side in some k-dramas). I started watching the drama adaptation before checking out the webtoon, so I didn't watch with any expectations as to the plot. After reading chapters 1-7 of the webtoon, I think the drama adaptation did a great job highlighting key scenes and remains true to the spirit of their main characters. That's just my own opinion though.

Anyone who has read chapters 8-136 of the webtoon in this forum? Would love to hear your thoughts :) 

Updates from one of the Virtuous Women Corps and the Assassin (*gulps* Nokdu is at knifepoint - the scene we see in the teaser):

When I first watched ep 1-2, I knew that the drama adaptation would be quite different from the overall original story while still being true to the material in terms of the main characters. So for those who hasn't read the webtoon, I think it's always nice to watch it fresh.

@Sky8lue I forgot what chapter I stopped in the webtoon because I feel like an elementary reading it.. ha ha.. don't understand some of it too. Can you perhaps read Hangul? What was it about chaps 8-136? :D and btw, is the webtoon still ongoing though?

49 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

@Sky8lue I forgot what chapter I stopped in the webtoon because I feel like an elementary reading it.. ha ha.. don't understand some of it too. Can you perhaps read Hangul? What was it about chaps 8-136? :D and btw, is the webtoon still ongoing though?

My Hangul comprehension is also at the elementary school level (once in a while, k-drama university level haha). I don't have a Naver subscription so I haven't read chapters 8-136. The webtoon ended its run in 2017 and chapter 136 is the final chapter, if I am not wrong.

For those who can understand Hangul and don't mind spoilers, the webtoon's ending is summarised here. 

Nokdu can really run :D Anyone who can translate the caption?

Jang Dong Yoon And Kim So Hyun Find Themselves In A Deadly Situation In “Tale Of Nok-Du

KBS 2TV’s “Tale of Nok-Du” has revealed stills for its upcoming episodes!

Since its premiere on September 30, “Tale of Nok-Du” has been garnering attention with actors in perfect synchronization with their characters from the original webtoon and its thrilling plot of a man named Nok Du (Jang Dong Yoon) who enters a mysterious all-female community in disguise of a woman to discover the truth. He becomes friends with Dong Dong Joo (Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who wants to be anything but a giaseng (female courtesan).

Spoiler Begins

Last week’s episodes showed Nok Du trying to adjust to the surroundings of the all-female community. He entered the community to discover the truth about a person who was sent to kill him and his family but failed and escaped to the community. Nok Du has an unexpected reunion with Dong Joo, whom he encountered while chasing the murderer into the community, and they become roommates. Nok Du lives as an ordinary community member during the day, but at night, he begins his secret investigation to unveil the secret of an all-female soldier organization called Moo Wol Dan.

Spoiler Ends

The stills released on October 7 raise anticipation for the upcoming episodes as they show Nok Du with other members of the community, engaging in what seems to be a serious conversation about a man in a sketch held by the women.

Tale-of-Nok-Du4.jpg

Other photos (see top image) hint that Nok Du and Dong Joo might be getting into some kind of trouble as they have swords drawn at their necks. While Nok Du looks startled, Dong Joo stays poised and calm.

The last image shows Dong Joo in a gisaeng outfit, raising curiosity as to what made Dong Joo, who wishes to be anything but a gisaeng, to finally give in.

Kim-So-Hyun.jpg

The production team said, “In episodes 5 and 6, which will air tonight, Nok Du and Dong Joo’s journey of surviving in the all-female community will become even more dynamic. Nok Du and Dong Joo, who are trying to find the truth by uncovering the community’s secret, will face a danger that results in a drastic change in the nature of their relationship.”

The production team continued, “Please look forward to the heightened synergy between Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun as the drama plans to showcase not only a heart-fluttering romance, but also thrilling tension.”

The upcoming episode of “Tale of Nok-Du” will air on October 7 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1357306wpp/jang-dong-yoon-and-kim-so-hyun-find-themselves-in-a-deadly-situation-in-tale-of-nok-du

Sohyun ig uptade

There is vlive today at 17.30

3 Actors Who Are Currently Making Us Swoon With Gorgeous Visual Wearing Korean Traditional Clothes

2- “Tale of NokDu” – Jang DongYoon

If you have watched the first episodes of “Tale of NokDu”, you would know that Jang DongYoon -acting as NokDu- who disguised as a woman left many viewers breathless with his outstanding beauty. The traditional outfit gives him this ‘something’ that makes it hard to look elsewhere.

Spoiler

actors korea, actors gorgeous, actor traditional clothes, historical drama, korean traditional clothes, korean actor handsome

KBS

Spoiler

giphy.gif

https://www.kpopmap.com/3-actors-who-are-currently-making-us-swoon-with-gorgeous-visual-wearing-korean-traditional-clothes/

2 hours ago, Sky8lue said:

My Hangul comprehension is also at the elementary school level (once in a while, k-drama university level haha). I don't have a Naver subscription so I haven't read chapters 8-136. The webtoon ended its run in 2017 and chapter 136 is the final chapter, if I am not wrong.

Nokdu can really run :D Anyone who can translate the caption?

Lol..  same.. ha ha..there's that link we shared from the previous page where you can read it if you want. 

That shot of JDY running is so cute :D.. he looks like he's flying.

Wonder why he doesn't do social media though. Thought he had IG but unfortunately not.

22 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

@Ameera Ali Still not satisfied with the BTS vids they released.. ke ke.. like I want more of KSH and JDY scenes, their bickerings and esp. that last scene in ep 4 :tounge_xd:

Me too I am like show us more :lol:

shouldn’t they  be like :lol:

5d9b22c566ef6776203457.gif?download

Let’s share with soompi family more behind scene :yum:

@angrytomato we need to ship upgrade  unnie with talented ice cream oppa :joy:

15704373001570437248.gif

Archived