[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

3 hours ago, angrytomato said:

In the first pages of this thread, I posted a clip showing Yook Sung-jae (BTOB) cross dressed and I still think he's even more pretty than Jang Dong Yoon here.

I think I remember that because I said I was still hoping they cast Sung Jae tho I haven't seen him crossdress and someone replied to me, that was probably you :D. I can't imagine, though, if it was Sung Jae.. he has more like manly features, in terms of his face, I wouldnt know if he would look good too if he lost weight just like Dong Yoon did. Dong Yoon has more of a soft feature so I think with just a little makeup, he looks more convincing, imho^^.

@Latte_Anyday... mwahaha..yes, I was checking because I know some guys who doesn't have much hair on their armpits, just like my brother. So I was wondering if he is also one of those^^. 

I think I saw one comment probably from YT complaining why not put this in KBS World after I wanna Hear Your Song coz I think they'll be uploading Doctor Prisoner next. I hope we'll see KBS World upload some clips of this as well... I Wanna Hear Your Song didn't do much good in ratings but they were uploading it there. At least the good thing about KBS World is subs are provided.

LOL.. I think KBS just heard us.. just got a notif and here's our BTS :D

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

I will just say this...this series concept..is the opposite of Mulan...A guy dress up as a girl and enter the city of widows:joy: 

I love it!

girl lead like to dress like boy too :mrgreen:

She could be Mulan :joy:

30 minutes ago, Ly Khánh said:

Haha it’s so funny how So Hyun related their situation in the prison to a newlywed house, and how she imagined it as Nokdu and Dong joo newlywed house. Just get married then =))

They only need to work on little thing :joy:

home job :joy:

15701007801570100696.gif

Clearly our noble mother/ future husband winning :tounge_xd:

15701011421570101132.gif

NokDu Disguising As A Woman Having Visible Adam's Apple Is Not A Problem For Me

Because There Are Also Females Having Visible Adam's Apple.

Actress And Girl's Day Maknae Lee HyeRi (Reply 1988, Miss Lee) Has It

Dr1Zhv2XgAADX-9.jpg TiTksMo.jpg

And Actress And Girl's Generations Member Im Yoona (Love Rain, Exit) Has It Too

Spoiler

tumblr_mbpgcbc2Al1r2gmflo1_250.gif Yoona-im-yoona-snsd-33284269-245-254.gif

tumblr_lk0domNGuK1qe5ygio1_500.gif

1 hour ago, annamchoi said:

Hi All, newbie here .❤️

Loving this drama so far...question though, is Nokdu a prince or somewhat with royal blood? Thanks!

8.3% viewership: drag queen drama off to good start

KBS TV's drag queen-themed fantasy drama "The Tale of Nokdu" got off to a good start. 

The first two episodes of the Monday-Tuesday drama series recorded 7.1 and 8.3 percent viewership, respectively, becoming the most-watched program in the prime 9-10 p.m. timeslot. 

Actor Jang Dong-yoon and actress Kim So-hyun star in the 32-episode series. Jang plays Nokdu (drag queen) and Kim plays Dongjoo (female entertainer). Nokdu disguises as a woman to step into a mysterious village open exclusively to widows. He meets Dongjoo there and they fall in love.

This series is based on the Korean webtoon (the digital comic) of the same name, published on South Korea's biggest portal Naver between 2014 and 2018.

"I paid most attention to my voice (when playing Nokdu,) because my character could be made into a caricature if I sounded too high-pitched," Jang said during a press event on Monday at a hotel in Guro-gu, Seoul. "Nokdu is adorable when he disguises as a woman, but is also a skilled fighter." 

Kim said: "'The Tale of Nokdu' is a pleasant and bright drama." 

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2019/10/688_276593.html

17 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

DUDE. TMI:blink::blink::blink:

Wait you sound like you have experience...eheheh:phew::w00t::lol::P

E-eh? What do you mean experience? :joy:

10 hours ago, annamchoi said:

Hi All, newbie here .❤️

Loving this drama so far...question though, is Nokdu a prince or somewhat with royal blood? Thanks!

Hello~ Like what some said, I think it is leaning towards that. However, I really  don't want it to happen :D.. since that trope has been overused already when it comes to sageuk. So I would love a twist though^^.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I wonder why JDY wants the is-there-a-kiss-scene-or-not statement to be a secret :joy:... it's a romcom so of course, there would be. That V-Live interview too, looks like JDY and KSH's stylist match their clothes :D. Hope we get lots of kisses here coz in the webtoon, they did, not sure how many though. Idk whether I should ship these two because they're too cute. I also watched their radio interview with Eunji and I love how JDY always look/stare at KSH whether she was talking or he was talking :wub:.

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

Hello~ Like what some said, I think it is leaning towards that. However, I really  don't want it to happen :D.. since that trope has been overused already when it comes to sageuk. So I would love a twist though^^.

At first I thought Nok du is definitely the child the King wanted to get rid of, but after first 4 episodes I think they have made it too obvious about that birth secret that there must be a plot twist here (hah Kdrama instinct). So what if Nokdu isn’t that royal baby? There are two : either that baby is Dong Joo or Nokdu’s brother Hwang Tae. But I think that baby can’t be Dong Joo because what a baby girl could possibly threaten the King power? It’s also clear that Dong Joo family was accused of being rebels and got killed by the King. So my choice is on Hwang Tae. Remember the scene at ep 1, Nok du and Hwang Tae are at similar age, so maybe Jung Yoon Jeo (Nokdu and Hwang Tae father) swapped his baby with the royal baby identity to protect them (?). I couldn’t think of Nokdu as the royal baby anymore because they made it too obvious and it’s not fun at all. 

Archived