[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

3 hours ago, lu09 said:

I wonder what our Nokdu did to earn that hair pulling scene ROFL:mrgreen::joy:. I bet it's his first day in the village lol:sweat_smile:.

I thought JDY told us it will be a light drama. What's with the new trailer being too heavy lol:sweat_smile::mrgreen:

Hahaha, yeah, I think so too. Well, only if that widow knows who he is :D.

Right? I thought it will be light, but well, he actually used the word lawless historical drama, haha.. but that scene of getting him killed when he was a baby makes me...hmmm...lol. But I still like that he knows how to fight and hope we can also see more of his manly looks besides his crossdressing :tounge_xd:

3 hours ago, rocher22 said:

So Nokdu and Dong-ju met before he came to that village.

Im not sure if DJ will soon find out that Nokdu is a man.  

I'd like it to be that way.

Its more fun if they both hide it from the others. :D

You bet :D... and if you don't mind me telling you this...warning *spoilers*

Spoiler

yes, Dong Joo will know Nokdu is a man very early in the webtoon. I did some skimming through the webtoon and just a few chapters in, she discovered it when she entered the room where Nokdu was changing clothes and you know what happens next :D. That scenario was kinda funny, but I'm excited to see how they'll show it in the drama.

1 hour ago, uglypearl said:

Seems that NokDu got assigned to do a chore on his first day.

It's possible it's either NokDu didn't do a good job, refused  to do that chore or he might have said something that made that widow upset.

Agree. Well, lucky for that widow because he's not being a man himself or he'll martial arts her all the way :joy:

@akausagi ... annyeong.gif

...welcome back to Soompi :lol:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

You bet :D... and if you don't mind me telling you this...warning *spoilers*

Reveal hidden contents

yes, Dong Joo will know Nokdu is a man very early in the webtoon. I did some skimming through the webtoon and just a few chapters in, she discovered it when she entered the room where Nokdu was changing clothes and you know what happens next :D. That scenario was kinda funny, but I'm excited to see how they'll show it in the drama.

Woohoo...then we can expect, in all that confusion, some accidental hug or kiss...:D

1 hour ago, Ly Khánh said:

Yes I understand Dong Joo background as her family was wrongly accused of being rebels but about the kid at the beginning of teaser 5, it’s not Dong Joo but the King own child aka Nokdu. He was abandoned or even ordered to be killed by his own father like in the teaser but was saved by that royal guard. Here is the link to the production ceo interview which mentioned that Nokdu was the child abandoned by king gwang hae https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002802364

I only interested Sohyun's part so ı didn't know Nok Du's background :)

Spoiler

If ı am not wrong ,Nok Du is king's son .But his father wanted to kill him. Dong Ju's family was killed by the king.  They are both enemy and friend :):ph34r:

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

Still craving for another teaser :P.

Anyways, here's an article on BTS of the photos.

@rocher22 .. ha ha... well, there's not any accident like that ^^. That's just how she'll know that he's a HE :D

I think the next one is the 5 minute trailer because the press conference day is approaching. 

New still for today.

His character known as Jung Yoon Jae and he is father to Nokdu and Hwangtae. He pretend as he's already dead and will come with new identity as Jung Yoon Ho..

Based on the still, we know that he saved Nokdu and keep him as his own son. 

BTW.  I'm new here.. As fan of Sohyun, I hope this drama will be my ultimate cure after my tragic experience with Ruler.. I hope this drama will appreciate her talent and give her pleasurable experience .. :)

There are 4 teaser video clips with english subs available to watch at the Kocowa website. Here is link to the first teaser:

https://www.kocowa.com/episode/episode-itemepisodenumber/2308911

Here is link to the Kocowa website mainpage. Scroll down to the "Coming Soon" section for the 4 trailers.

https://www.kocowa.com/

I'm not sure if these video clips are region restricted or not.

1 hour ago, Table122000 said:

There are 4 teaser video clips with english subs available to watch at the Kocowa website. Here is link to the first teaser:

https://www.kocowa.com/episode/episode-itemepisodenumber/2308911

Here is link to the Kocowa website mainpage. Scroll down to the "Coming Soon" section for the 4 trailers.

https://www.kocowa.com/

I'm not sure if these video clips are region restricted or not.

Sadly It's Restricted In My Region. I Can't Even Watch On Viki :pensive:

New stills cut

Jung JunHo -King Gwanghae

Kim Taewoo -HeoYoon (King Gwanghae's most beloved friend & subject)

Lee Seungjoon - Jung Yoonjeo (Nokdu's father),

Yoon Yoosun - Cheon Haesoo (Head of the kisaeng & widow village)

Lee Moonsik - Hwang Janggun

CR:wowhellosohyun -twitter

EFRzJc6WkAAaNWK.jpg

Jo Soohyang's martial arts practice for her role 'Kim Ssook', a widow who have impressive sword skills in #TheTaleofNokdu

EFR0YWhWkAMP6bc.jpg

9 hours ago, Breeze said:

Jo Soohyang's martial arts practice for her role 'Kim Ssook', a widow who have impressive sword skills in #TheTaleofNokdu

Please, don't tell me she is going to bully So-hyun again. If she is good with the sword now, then I guess Eun-byeol nor Tae-kwang aren't going to rescue her... :o:sweatingbullets::D

Talking about other thing, Jang Dong-yoon needs to hide his Adam's apple. In the other crossdressing male->female kdrama that I've watched, "Ma Boy", "she" was all the time covering it with "her" fake hair, as a scarf :P

There's A Name Change In Male Protagonist's Character Name In Drama Version

EFUI00tU8AAUgQq?format=png&name=small

Based On One Of Early Pages Of This Forum And Few Websites, In The Webtoon His Name Is "Lee Duk" And His Widow's Disguise Name Is "Jeon NokDu".

According To The Drama's Official Website The Male Protagonist's Character Name Is "Jeon NokDu" And His Widow's Disguise Name Is "Kim NokSun" (NokSoon).

30 minutes ago, angrytomato said:

Please, don't tell me she is going to bully So-hyun again. If she is good with the sword now, then I guess Eun-byeol nor Tae-kwang aren't going to rescue her... :o:sweatingbullets::D

Ssook's Not Gonna Bully DongJu.

She's Is Taciturn And Has Cool-Headed Or Hard-Nosed Personality.

She's Going To Make NokDu Always Nervous With Her Unique/Distinctive Insights.

2 hours ago, angrytomato said:

Talking about other thing, Jang Dong-yoon needs to hide his Adam's apple. In the other crossdressing male->female kdrama that I've watched, "Ma Boy", "she" was all the time covering it with "her" fake hair, as a scarf :P

There's A KBS Drama Last Year That Has Male Protagonist Disguising As Female. It's "Joseon Beauty Pageant" .

It's 2 Episode SaGeuk Musical Drama. The Male Protagonist is Played By Yeo One Of Kpop Boy Group Pentagon.

Like Jang DongYoon's Character NokDu, Yeo One's Character Gyu Hun Also Wasn't  Wearing Scarf When He's Disguising As A Woman.

tumblr_p25hj6nWIv1snf6tqo4_400.gif

Archived