[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

I finished watching the last episode last night on Viu premium - i guess this was a little later than Korean time.  I was so happy with the ending.  Just like a fairy tale, all loose ends were beautifully wrapped up where our lovebirds live happily every after.  Congratulations to our writer and PD who did not fail us and gave a beautiful rom-com at the end, after all the palace fightings and intrigues.  A good ending to the King and Yulmo.  Both got their comeuppance.  They had the throne, but they lived unhappy and lonely lives.  The King knew that ND was still alive. Remember, he did not bother to look at the corpse (sorry for the spoiler!).  He had his regrets and to atone for this, he made a final request to Yulmo.  Even Yulmo had a good ending.  If there was anything that was sincere with him, it was his love for DJ so he let her go.

But, the best part of the drama is still ND and DJ or rather JDY and KSH.  I love, love, love the chemistry.  I wish that their friendship will continue beyond this drama - and possibly progress further:heart:.  I also think that the writer and the PD were secretly shipping them given all the kissing and hugs that they were asked to portray!  ha ha!! Right now, i cant just move on from this drama.  Continue to re-watch this.  Hope they get to promote this drama to other countries and have the chance to do so together.... Cross my fingers....

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actor Jang Dongyoon Hilariously Opened up about the Challenge He Encountered to Act as a Woman-Dressed Man

Actor Jang Dongyoon expressed his feelings about wrapping up his recent drama.

On November 26th, Jang Dongyoon sat down for 'The Tale of Nokdu' wrap-up interview with a Korean media outlet. When asked how he feels about the end of the drama, he answered, "Actually, I don't realize that the drama has been over. I have a great affection for Nokdu (Jang Dongyoon's role in the drama). When I tell how I feel about the end of the drama, I'm going to cry first."

He also talked about his experience playing a man dressed in dresses. He said, "It was fun to try because there was so much to prepare. I had to adjust my voice tone to express the difference between Nokdu as a man and as a woman. I tried hard not to make it ridiculous. However, in some funny scenes, I purposely exaggerate it. I prepared a lot for action acting. I tried to look nimble."

He also talked about his partner, actress Kim Sohyun. He said, "When we were filming, we heard that our acting was natural and good. Before shooting, we read the script and practiced together often, creating a lot of bonds. She's a very considerate person."

Lastly, he revealed that he is passionate about various genres in the future. He said, "I was happy to be able to act that I never thought I'd be able to do in my entire life. I'll make a lot of plans to challenge the genres I haven't tried before."

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2019/11/26/actor-jang-dongyoon-said-the-challenge-to-acting-a-woman-dressed-man-was-funny-in-recent-interview-303411/xeSwkVP8vTwHXD22

42 minutes ago, Breeze said:

When asked how he feels about the end of the drama, he answered, "Actually, I don't realize that the drama has been over. I have a great affection for Nokdu (Jang Dongyoon's role in the drama). When I tell how I feel about the end of the drama, I'm going to cry first."

Awww JDY :tears:

are they still going to release the BTS on wednesday and Friday?? I wonder which kissing scene would they choose LOL I hope they announce the DVD soon coz I want to see those unreleased scenes ++ makings + photos :rolleyes: anyone knows how long do they usually take to announce it?

giphy.gif

Watching the last episode for me was bittersweet. Bitter because it's already the end and no more anticipation when Mondays and Tuesdays come. Sweet because of how satisfying the ending they gave us. At first, I was a bit worried if they'll only give us like just the last 10-15 minutes for the happy ending, but I didn't expect them to give us like almost half of the episodes dedicated for our Dong Jeon couple :) I know I wasn't wrong when I said the writers are very consistent and won't disappoint.

I won't say much because everybody has already said everything to be said. I won't say goodbye to this thread yet because I'm still waiting for the Drama Awards ^^...

Aigoo... what to do now?.. my withdrawal syndrome is real -_-

Some behind the scene photos of Dong Jeon couple and the cast/crew 

IMG-20191126-170549.jpgIMG-20191126-170752.jpgIMG-20191126-170831.jpg 

Spoiler

IMG-20191126-170809.jpgIMG-20191126-170955.jpg

Everyone is posting selfies and I have yet to see a single selfie of JDY and KSH ^_^

Awww what a beautiful ending!! :wub::wub: All those kisses! I am sure they had kids we didn’t see running around!

i cried at the beginning of this episode and smiled so much at the end!

this drama packed a lot and it was great watching the romance grow between ND and DJ! At the end, misery lives with those who brought it upon themselves (the King and YM).

@lightbringer06 haha even without the unofficial bed scene, at least we had the implied act of:

CpBbX7M.gif?noredirect

:joy:

Everyone, let’s meet again in another drama! ;)

@herina_90 it was great watching another KSH drama with you! :D

@Ameera Ali if only I had the gif of the flower petals you created at HDL thread, i would use it to celebrate with the wedding we got here :D

NOK DU, i am going to miss you:

tumblr_pz0ocewCCB1wht2r7o6_500.gifv

but i can rewatch you! And DJ! ;) :P

I'm so happy with the ending! :relieved: I think everyone got what they deserve, our cute DongJeon couple together and sharing amazing lovey dovey moments, that plot twist about the 19Nov birthday I was O.O I think to know that was more than enough punishment for the king, he could have enjoyed the affection of a loving and devoted son and wife, but he waste his life with his fears and neurotic obsession with the throne (even thou he knew ND was safe, and he was happy for it :tears:). YM got the throne, but he remains alone not even Danho by his side lol 

The Queen reunited with ND and DJ was a must! <3 and all the other characters in the new village! 

Oh gosh... I'm gonna miss all so freaking much!!! :tears:

Thanks to THE TALE OF NOKDU drama family!!! Thanks for your hard work. I'll miss you so much huhuhuhu 

Happy ending, yes we like it so much!

So many mentioned about the good ending but can i say, i wish after 9 years, they show that they have kids together waiting for their grandma at the beach... 

What is with their wedding day with the winds destroying their wedding preparation?? 

Also, did Nakdo and DJ already slept with each other before their wedding? Haha.. cute..

Nakdo looks better/handsome in his yanban clothing... just saying...

Thank you all and until the next drama! Annyong!

5ddd111c28f9f251837032.gif?download

5ddd12bb624c2710116535.gif?download

15747685061574768468.gif

How to say goodbye to these two   :tears:

I think it’s impossible :)

But I would like before I forget & get busy with new Oppa & drama  :joy: So thanks to  @jeonghyang for all amazing gifs  :wub:, thanks to  @lightbringer06 & @Sky8lue & @vangsweetie637 & sorry for my constant tagging you girls throughout the drama :mrgreen: I get hyper when I’m enjoying a new drama  :blush:

& Really was nice reading everyone posts & thoughts every week & the jokes  :wub:
So hopefully see you in different drama 

@jeonghyang , @lightbringer06 @Sky8lue @vangsweetie637 @elan1 , @uglypearl , @Breeze , @herina_90 & @soesje @rocher22 @hahanzyy , @smhelen , @petunia @noor1@purpleconfetti , @mari_mari @jstgt1501@cinnamonsterxx @faye406 @fieza1871 @mikhaella75 @J77 

@Ameera Ali  Thanks for posting all the hilarious and sweet gifs. And thanks, dear chingu, for tagging me too! I will miss everyone in this thread. But won't say goodbye yet, because KBS still owes us the final BTS, and not to forget the year-end KBS Drama Awards!

By the way, look who locked the door this time:

From the IG story of Park Min Jung (@pinggooooo) aka the lovely Queen. Good view of her overexcited, loud son 'Nokdu' watching the broadcast with everyone at the wrap party :lol:

I wish the ratings could have peaked more for episode 32, because the drama production deserved it.

The story of Nokdu and Dongju doesn't end here, because we KNOW that these two beautiful souls will continue their journey together hand-in-hand. Happily. Ever. After.

A very BIG THANK YOU to all who spoilt us with live recaps, loads of twitter & instagram links, etc :wub:

I have definitely not moved on from the show yet ... been searching youtube for all the possible latest FMV, links, and anything related to TTON.

There are so many dramas that started out strong but faltered midway and ended bad. TTON has been so wonderful from start to end (even the angst period was justified and good). It is one of the few shows where all the side characters matter, they were never boring nor were they there just to be nonsensical fillers. Not once did i feel the urge to use the fast forward button  (for some shows, i have my finger ready at the FFW button)

I'm a bit disappointed that i can't find any selfie of our lovebirds... in my delulu mind, i convinced myself that they do not want their overflowing love for each other to be too obvious :sweatingbullets:

6 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@lightbringer06 haha even without the unofficial bed scene, at least we had the implied act of:

True that, chingu~ ... and they've been married for 9 years already, ahem :P... hope to see you in another drama thread if I decided to pick up another Kdrama after this... all of my Kdramas that are onhold didn't have a satisfying ending so I don't  think I'll finish them, I might end up droppping them... LOL... and go back and wait for this Chinese drama I've been waiting for two years :). But chingu, feel free to tag me if you have interesting dramas as well, neh? ^^  :heart:

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

But I would like before I forget & get busy with new Oppa & drama  :joy: So thanks to  @jeonghyang for all amazing gifs  :wub:, thanks to  @lightbringer06 & @Sky8lue & @vangsweetie637 & sorry for my constant tagging you girls throughout the drama :mrgreen: I get hyper when I’m enjoying a new drama  :blush:

Oh, no worries there, chingu :blush:... I enjoyed your funny gifs so much^^... keep 'em coming. And feel free to also tag me if you have any new dramas after this, I'll probably check it also if it's to my liking and we'll probably see you there too :kiss_wink:

39 minutes ago, hahanzyy said:

I'm a bit disappointed that i can't find any selfie of our lovebirds... in my delulu mind, i convinced myself that they do not want their overflowing love for each other to be too obvious :sweatingbullets:

Me too ~~... I feel like every time I ship two couples, they usually are the private ones and don't give a single selfie EVERY TIME ~!... LOL.. although this is just my second time shipping actively :sweatingbullets:. I was actually hoping KSH would post on her IG for the last episode like what she's been doing, but nope, NADA...

AGAIN, won't say goodbye yet because still waiting for the BTS and also the Awards. Although I might be spazzing or posting the Awards on the Macaron thread as well. So to those Macaron shippers out there, visit also the thread :tounge_xd:.

But I wanna thank you guys too, fellow TTON lovers, for the wonderful posts, comments and to your lovely likes :heart:. There's so many of you so I'll just probably mention you all when I say goodbye to this thread.. HAHA... but to my chingus all the way back from HDL @vangsweetie637 @Ameera Ali and @uglypearl, thank you as always ~! To you too @Sky8lue for being so responding and for all the translated TTON related, I now consider you my Soompi friend... HAHA.. whether you like it or not :P. To all of you fellow Macaron shippers @soesje @Mamachum @Breeze @kiraning, my new found friend too here and in Twitter :kiss_wink: .. to my kababayan^^. @aineofcebu... @petunia for your wild and funny imaginations :) ...@hahanzyy @realistic2280a @noor1 @faye406 @jstgt1501 @elan1 @rocher22... to @cinnamonsterxx,  who I've been seeing in YT comments too...HAHA.. AHHH...so many of you.. will edit if I'll remember all of you ~

THANK YOU for making my TTON viewing more enjoyable ~!!! :heart:

Let's continue lurking here until Drama Awards ^_____^

@lightbringer06  Awww.... once a friend in TTON Soompi thread, always a Soompi friend :) And I always look forward to your thoughtful posts and updates! By the way, by "this Chinese drama I've been waiting for two years", do you mean:

Spoiler

Three Lives, Three Worlds, the Pillow Book?

The cake above is so lovely. I hope we get more interviews from the cast in the days to come! Soohyang (the one and only Ssook) needs to be cast in an action flick pronto!

@Ameera Ali  Life is indeed hard post-TTON. We'll survive better if KBS feeds us with some BTS. The cast were so busy filming, they didn't even have spare time to go on many talk shows or variety shows to promote the drama.

Awww I'm going to miss commenting about this drama for a long long long time with everyone!! Hopefully I will find another drama that I am equally excited about.

Still wanting expectantly for the BTS and lol @Sky8lue I loved that door detail when someone highlighted it on Twitter! This drama really doesn't let go of even the smallest thing. Kudos to the production team as well!!

Jang Dong Yoon Talks About His Chemistry And Kiss Scenes With Kim So Hyun

Jang Dong Yoon Talks About His Chemistry And Kiss Scenes With Kim So Hyun

Actor Jang Dong Yoon talked about his chemistry with Kim So Hyun on “The Tale of Nokdu”!

Jang Dong Yoon debuted in NaverTV’s Web Drama “Game Development Girls” in 2016 and went on to appear in JTBC’s “Solomon’s Perjury,” KBS2’s “School 2017,” tvN’s “A Poem a Day,” tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine,” and KBS2’s “Just Dance.” He gained the most attention through his most recent project, KBS2’s “The Tale of Nokdu.”

The drama is a fun and romantic comedy set in the Joseon Dynasty about a man who dresses as a woman to enter a mysterious, women-only village, and a gisaeng-in-training, Dong Dong Joo, who doesn’t want to become a gisaeng (female courtesan). Jang Dong Yoon received praise for his portrayal of Jeon Nok Du, who dresses as a woman to discover the truth behind his birth and fights for power.

On November 26 at a cafe in Gangnam, Jang Dong Yoon had an interview about the finale of “The Tale of Nokdu” and talked about his chemistry with Kim So Hyun, which was well received by viewers.

Jang Dong Yoon said, “Other than my official fan cafe, I try not to read the public’s reaction. But I could sense the great love it was receiving through the fan cafe. At the set, I was very comfortable acting with Kim So Hyun. We worked well together so many people on set talked about it. They would say, ‘If this scene is aired, it will be really good.’ The director also said, ‘What you just did right now looked natural and good.’ I think meeting the cast two months before shooting to read the script together gave us time to get comfortable and get close with each other. It made a huge difference. Of course, I think having a personal bond helped me when I was filming and acting, and I think I will continue to have those thoughts when I act.”

This was Jang Dong Yoon’s first historical drama, but Kim So Hyun is known as a queen of historical dramas. When asked if he was given any advice, he responded, “She was being considerate and didn’t give advice. I had to ask her, ‘Please give me advice.’ It’s about caring and respecting each other. Because there were more love scenes than historical scenes that required advice, there were more moments where Dong Joo fell for Nokdu.”

“There were a lot of things that made it easier for me to act,” he went on to say. “For example, there were scenes where we would have to look at each other with affection while we cried and she would tell me, ‘Do whatever makes you comfortable,’ and ask me, ‘What should I do?’ She even advised me by saying, ‘I think it would be better if you could make my heart race a bit more,’ and we were respectful while helping each other. Because actors are cautious, they are sensitive to comments on their acting. She was very careful about that and helped me while being caring. She’s younger than me, but because she began acting at such a young age, I felt her wisdom. When I talk to her, she seems like a 21-year-old, but when she acts, she’s different. She is always relaxed so I have a lot to learn from her. She acted so comfortably.”

When discussing his kiss scenes with Kang Tae Oh and Kim So Hyun, Jang Dong Yoon said, “The episodes I looked forward to were episodes 9 and 10. The first kiss scene happened at the end and it was where I took my top off and confessed. I thought it would be very fun and I was very motivated, and I even thought it went well during rehearsal, but right when we started filming, I couldn’t do it. We had to get several shots at different angles so it was very uncomfortable. It was also the first time I kissed a man, so I couldn’t get used to it. And we joked around a lot.”

He continued, “It’s safe to say that it was the first of the many kiss scenes with Kim So Hyun. It wasn’t like it wasn’t there before, but before people would say we look like siblings, so it was easier to do it. We would say it’s part of the job and to make it look good, so it was easier when it came to screening and acting.”

The last episode successfully ended with a viewership rating of 7.3 percent. Jang Dong Yoon is taking a break after completing “The Tale of Nokdu” while reviewing his next project.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1368038wpp/jang-dong-yoon-talks-about-his-chemistry-and-kiss-scenes-with-kim-so-hyun

@Sky8lue True~ always a Soompi friend :)

Ah, no, it was actually...

Spoiler

The Wolf :) or The Majesty of Wolf..

So this gift set was actually from the DC Gal, that explains why KSH and JDY didn't have the same ones ^^...

1574712887192.jpg 

Jang Dong Yoon is such an adorable person...making me love him more and more :bawling:... ottoke...

Here's also the songs for the BGM songs of TTON ~~~

Oh gosh!!! This is difficult... how can I move on from this drama? 

I'm repeating over and over again the lovey dovey cuts between Nokdu <3 Donjoon... 

Just remembering all the hardships they both had to face... and then they got to be together, living free!!! 

Such lovely characters!!! //sighs// 

Hi guys, this is the first time I post in this topic, although I've secretly read all your posts since the start!

I made a full of kiss scenes clip of our OTP (oh my god, do they kiss so much in a historical drama nowadays? :rolleyes:) and I would like to share with you, please enjoy it with me.

Archived