[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knetz comments for last BTS video

[+309 -0] JDY is really sweet. KSH is really cute. Lets walk on flowery path Dongjeon Coupleㅠㅠ

[+286 -0] JDY KSH 's chemistry is crazy.

[+232 -1] JDY KSH in making vid is the real romcom. Hope to see them in modern-school-romcom drama~~

cr: flwperiwinkle  twitter

@Sky8lue Thank you! :)I actually found other Chinese subs and I've been in the process of making subs. I'm just timing and qc-ing them now. If I had known there was someone translating the full thing too (and doing such a good job of it!) I might've asked to join forces! Might make the process faster lol! 

45 minutes ago, kiraning said:

@Sky8lue Thank you! :)I actually found other Chinese subs and I've been in the process of making subs. I'm just timing and qc-ing them now. If I had known there was someone translating the full thing too (and doing such a good job of it!) I might've asked to join forces! Might make the process faster lol! 

Thank you in advance for subbing the videos! I'm sure many drama fans will appreciate your efforts because english subs aren't readily available. Below are the sources of chinese subs that I find more complete/accurate. Next time you need an extra pair of eyes/hands, PM me. I don't usually have time on weekdays, but may sometimes be able to squeeze in some time over weekends. No promises, but will try!

Spoiler

Webtoon author's husband is back at preparing the next chapter of his Nokdujeon parody :lol:

Based on KBS2 broadcast schedule, episodes 27-28 will air on 18 Nov while episodes 29-30 will air on 19 Nov. No mention of episodes 31-32 yet (broadcast schedule for 25 Nov is out only tomorrow), so I think we have a few more days before having to say goodbye. I would rather they have enough time to film the ending properly and do proper editing instead of rushing to wrap up on 19 Nov, so hopefully that's the case.

Naver Webtoon Character Charm Chosun Romcom Nok Du Jeon http://m.metroseoul.co.kr/news/newsview?newscd=2019111700047
-
Naver Webtoon's drama 'Nok Du Jeon', actors acting skills and cheongteok chemi become a topic.
-
A variety of webtoon original dramas are on the air, and there is one that stands out. Chosun Romcom Nok Du Jeon starring actors JDY and Kim So-hyun.
-
Since their first airing on September 30, the two actors have been baptized by netizens every time with their acting skills and chemistry. In particular, after providing exclusive content to 'Wavve,' an integrated Korean OTT corporation, VOD accounted for 8.8% of the total viewing time of domestic dramas in Wave.

I was watching the last episode

Spoiler

and the part where Nokdu told DJ to hurry and run after found out about her identity - he looks heartbroken and crying then. 

It suddenly hit me that Nokdu must have felt so terrible for being indulged in his own problems and never really look into or understand DJ circumstances. He must have felt that DJ has been through a lot and he has been an idiot for not sharing those pain with her. 

1 hour ago, kaqueski said:

I was watching the last episode

Hide contents

and the part where Nokdu told DJ to hurry and run after found out about her identity - he looks heartbroken and crying then. 

It suddenly hit me that Nokdu must have felt so terrible for being indulged in his own problems and never really look into or understand DJ circumstances. He must have felt that DJ has been through a lot and he has been an idiot for not sharing those pain with her. 

That's true.

Except the part ND learned that DJ never want to be a gisaeng and helped her get out the gisaeng house, he rarely questions or really demands to know abt her life/original/relationship/plan/etc... He didnt even question her appearance as man disguise in their first encounter or how she knows abt arrow and shooting or what she really wants to do... He focuses too much on his goal finding himself and busy with the KING-things... and be sulky when she refused to tell him. He's afraid of loosing her because he lost so many things in his life. He asked for her love, then asked her to stay, saved her life from almost-dead-situations but not trying to understand her.

And now, when his journey put his fostered father in danger, his own self is just a thing that his biological father never want, his life turn to a big Zero, his love is  double painful. Not just because he had to let her go, but also because he realised he didnt know anything abt her. That's worse, bcs compared to YM, at least, YM knows how painful and lonely DJ has gone through.

Can't blame him. We- audiences - dont know any detail abt her either ~ 

So I really hope tmr episode can pause Gwanghae's Macbeth play for a few minutes and explain DJ life in detail.

To tell the truth, I still dont understand why the old servant of her family suddenly came and reported her. Why her revenge was revealed that simple? Why she want to kill the king when Lord Heo supposed to be the one she should have killed first (in fact she doesnt know him at all) How much she knows abt the story behind her family massacre? Or she doesnt know anything at all?

11 minutes ago, valNK said:

Except the part ND learned that DJ never want to be a gisaeng and helped her get out the gisaeng house, he rarely questions or really demands to know abt her life/original/relationship/plan/etc... He didnt even question her appearance as man disguise in their first encounter or how she knows abt arrow and shooting or what she really wants to do... He focuses too much on his goal finding himself and busy with the KING-things... and be sulky when she refused to tell him. He's afraid of loosing her because he lost so many things in his life. He asked for her love, then asked her to stay, saved her life from almost-dead-situations but not sharing inner pain.

To tell the truth, I still dont understand why the old servant of her family suddenly came and reported her. Why her revenge was revealed that simple? Why she want to kill the king when Lord Heo supposed to be the one she should have killed first (in fact she doesnt know him at all) How much she knows abt the story behind her family massacre? Or she doesnt know anything at all?

Actually he did ask, but DJ was a stone wall at that point of time, not wanting to give in to her feelings for him, so he didn't get very far. For example, he tried asking what DJ wanted to do in Hanyang when they first reunited, and when he saved DJ from the gamblers den the first time, he asked why she went into such a place knowing it was dangerous. Might be just me, but at the start of ep 13 (after their crying backhug), I felt through ND's facial expression that he could read that DJ was not telling him the truth of why she was crying, but chose to not pursue it and respect her boundaries / believe she will tell when she was ready. Unfortunately both our leads were unwilling to share their stories before this...

Yes, I also don't understand why the male servant reported her - I assume he was scared for his and his wife's lives because they will get implicated. I'm conflicted on whether I want her family's deaths to be due to Lord Heo or the King, because if Lord Heo, she has no way of resolving her own feelings of revenge. Maybe with the King, talking might be an option still, but Lord Heo has died, so there's no recovery from there. But with the King, then the ND is his son conflict continues. I guess what she knows is what YM has fed her, since he knows of her plan, and mentioned this was the only thing keeping her alive so he let her do what she want. 

19 hours ago, kkddrraammaa said:

Haha, these are tougher to keep going LOL. I remember starting one for Kim Young Kwang and Jin ki Joo and it was fun while it lasted, but I was gone from the forum for months since I wasn't watching anything new. But please feel free to start one, I'd be happy to support.  As it is I've been googling the crap out of insta and twitter hashtags for JDY, KSH and TTON. You can follow this link. Fighting!! :P

I've never been a hardcore shipper or participated in anything like that before but why is it harder? Always assumed shipping was a fun hobby that had more enthusiastic fans than drama fans. I'm too in love with the drama to let go of either it, the characters or the actors. Even the director made me his fan after demostarting the kiss scene. It doesn't happen in kdrama but if the whole team worked together again I'd be happy. 

Here it is folks, the full English subs of the latest BTS video

@Sky8lue Thank you so much for that link from weibo. It was so easy to understand and I could use it well to do some quality checking! :wub:

@Breeze So awesome that all of us can notice JDY and KSH's amazing chemistry! It's just too hard to ignore!!

@kiraning Thanks, chingu~ for the subs :kiss_wink:. Just finished watching it. 

I'm kinda sad there's not much doing any Engsubs of the BTS. I only see some dedicated Indo fans who sub it in Indo. Guess I need to polish my Korean so that I can understand everything and need not to worry in the future :)

Why is KBS being unpredictable this week? It's Sunday and we should have the still cuts for tomorrow's ep. Guess gotta wait for tomorrow then.

4 hours ago, kiraning said:

Here it is folks, the full English subs of the latest BTS video

You've saved us all. I'd give you an award if I could. Watching the making videos without translations its still fun but nothing beats having subtitles.

3 hours ago, jstgt1501 said:

I hope all the drama's team take care of their health, especially Macaroon babies, and thanks to them for their constant hard work!!! :wub:

It is still depressing to think it'll end soon. They should have gotten a reward vacation.

Archived