[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, faye406 said:

Someone better translate the caption because as far as I am stalked TTON's staff instagram :P, yesterday was their off day.. So, it is not their shooting day.. 

*And then, I found these food galore.. See the similarities between the man's shirt and the white plate? They're food hunting with other casts too.. -_- but why only three cups of ice cream/dessert? Maybe just three of them? Ehemmm :wub:

AHAHA... really? So it was their off? I'm glad to see that despite that it was an off day, they are still spending time together :D. Maybe it's just the three of them. When on a date, you need to have a chaperone ^^. Hope they rest well too.

2 hours ago, aineofcebu said:

I really hope this drama will be a success, so that they will be rewarded of a vacation after. Want them to enjoy and relax as a whole group :heart:

Today is monday and will maybe the judgment day for our drama bec a new drama from a public channel will start today as well. Crossing fingers that ratings will increase though

TTON fighting~

Agree. If this could hit a double-digit rating, there's a possibility that they'll get a reward vacation too. Yes, hope the drama premiering today will not affect it ^^. And btw..

Spoiler

That Cebu in your username, is that Cebu, Philippines? ^^.. noypi?

@Sky8lue @Ameera Ali omo! Thank you for delivering abs my way! 

@Ameera Ali thank you for sending the delicious abs my way! ;) A sexy leopard suit for you! :P

tenor.gif?itemid=14854908

@lightbringer06 i am so glad I am not feeling this way with KBS! 

output_idjT4v.gif&key=5e47b5f9850c25eae9

:joy: I would bring out weapons Man Wol style if KBS kept BTS from us. But wait. Where is our first kiss BTS? We didn’t get it huh?

but on a side note, i am really glad we get to see  KSH play her character more actively. I watched another historical drama of hers which I love, but felt so bummed that they didn’t explore her character more. But in this one, her role is really engaging! And her interactions with ND are daebak! I love it!

17 hours ago, herina_90 said:

I really want to know how much about YulMu does DongJoo know.... If their families were close, she must know who he is right? But didn't seem that way when YulMu explained he is someone who can enter the widow village whenever he wants. Seems she at least knows he has the power to move the police, since she didn't question it when they saved ND and her from Lady Kim's father in law... and also probably that he can really kill ND if he wants to..

based on what we have been shown so far, I dont think DJ even knows the real personality of YM. Around her, he shows himself as this caring, righteous, gentle man who has had a crush on her for a long time. She also does know he has authority but most likely doesn’t even know why he has that kind of authority. Seeing that he is a lord, she may believe his status is quite high since it is what she knew from him as a kid growing up. Which makes me question if YM really loves DJ or is just lusting after her? He ordered the village burned and killed but he was the one who allowed DJ to be harmed in the first place. Yet, he tried to run fast enough to help her knowing he ordered to kill the village. I think his love is going become a greedy obsession. With his twist of personality, he may actually hurt DJ one day. I wont be surprised how he will no longer hide his facade once DJ finds out the truth and confronts him. She probably already has a hint that he can be quite scary when he told her he can easily kill ND. She just doesn’t know how scary he truly is yet.

@vangsweetie637 Yes, I'm glad that KBS is consistent on giving us BTS :D. But when it comes to the kiss scene, they're like...

20191028-100936.gif 

When I was rewatching the ending of ep 14 (which I've watched multiple times, yes ^-^ ) of ND catching DJ in his arms, I realize they haven't hugged yet too. As much as I like to see another kiss scene, I'm looking forward for a hug scene, like a very emotional/tight hug, because I find it very endearing esp. if it's them :lol:.

My Gosh, JDY looks stunning in the pink hanbok. You guys have no idea how I prayed to the Drama gods when The Tale Of Nokdu was announced last year. At that time they were searching for a leading man and I had nobody else in my mind except for JDY. I didn’t want anybody else to play the role and honestly I couldn’t even imagine anybody else who could pull it off. 

I’m really happy to see JDY has been receiving so much love for this drama and even though the ratings aren’t high I hope he’s being noticed by both the viewers and people who’re working in the entertainment industry.

We've seen enough of jealous Nokdu, so time to bring on jealous Dong Joo? 

Time for Dong Joo to say: I'm not worried about their relationship. Nokdu's mine anyway. Ho ho ho.

I think KBS is scheming to save some BTS for this:

http://cafe.daum.net/NokduBD

I saw this in DC but I don't see much promotion being done for it yet. Maybe it's still in the preliminary stage and not open to international orders (in any case, no news of any subtitles being provided).

Does anyone remember we saw the chess game + division of household chores scene seen in the teaser below? Was it meant for the teaser only (not in the drama footage)?

@lightbringer06 i agree! I went to find BTS of the kissing scene and NOTHING. Then my eyes went like this to KBS: <_<

omo, you are right. We have yet to see a tight hug from these two. Perhaps, when they are reunited? Since DJ hasn’t admitted her feelings directly, I don’t think she would hug him tightly too soon. But after this separation and her yearning, perhaps she will loosen up a bit and give in ;) (btw, i love the way he caught her and stared at her during that saving clip :wub:)

@Sky8lue i would love to see a jealous DJ! It’s about time she gets the *cough* *cough* too :D maybe some jealousy will do the trick! We can all see she likes him but when she denies him and makes him feel bad and sad, this is me:

1571759656.gif&key=beac8b7f47f3640258743

Dong Joo ah!! Really?!! 

LOL @Ameera Ali when KBS gives us no BTS for kiss scenes, shall we use our imagination? :joy: 

giphy.gif

49 minutes ago, Sky8lue said:

Does anyone remember we saw the chess game + division of household chores scene seen in the teaser below? Was it meant for the teaser only (not in the drama footage)?

I think it's just for the teaser. Most Kdrama teasers are like that. It's just like a way of introducing the characters and their relationship. 

@vangsweetie637 That is actually my fave scene :wub:. Add that new OST (which btw I'm still waiting to be released).. so swoon worthy.. HAHA... this one, right?^^

20191023-181720.gif

20191023-181751.gif 

@lightbringer06 yes! That one! My goodness, how my heart fluttered! :wub: and that ost was perfect too! Im waiting for it to be released as well. I just hope it doesn’t get release so late like Done For Me in HDL. That’s not right :lol:

2 minutes ago, Sejabin said:

I love to listening to all kind of sounds in this world. Human’s voices, bird’s, music intruments, etc.. I use my ears better than my eyes for many times (people can cheat my eyes than my ears) :relieved: ehem.. and.. one of my favorite sound in this drama is “Lady Kim’s voice” HAHAHAHA :joy: not Nok Du ya. But Lady Kim’s wkwkwkwk :kiss_wink: it is really appealing to my ears and I don’t even know why. I just love it.  hahahaha :blush: 

Btw I think we will get the kiss between ep 15-18 :relaxed:

LOL! Same here but i love ND’s masculine voice too when he doesn’t take on Lady Kim’s persona :D there’s something about his voice when he admits his feelings to DJ :P as for the kiss, this is the standard 16 episodes so i will say a kiss usually fall between episodes 11 or 12 ;) i hope it’s a kiss uninterrupted. I despise those kisses the most haha

Jang Dong Yoon And Kim So Hyun Feel Each Other’s Absence In “The Tale Of Nokdu”

KBS’s “The Tale of Nokdu” has released stills of its upcoming episodes, hinting that the lives of Nok Du (Jang Dong Yoon) and Dong Joo (Kim So Hyun) have taken a turn!

Spoiler

Last week, Nok Du shared his heartfelt confession, but Dong Joo decided to leave the all-female community in order to protect him and seek revenge despite her mutual feelings for Nok Du. However, the community also faced danger as Yul Moo (Kang Tae Oh) turned to the dark side, and Nok Du miraculously managed to save Dong Joo at the last minute.

Both Nok Du and Dong Joo look rather different in the stills that were released on October 27. Nok Du is out of his disguise and looks dashing as he smiles at someone. However, he looks rather upset as he sits by himself on a swing that he used to visit with Dong Joo.

Dong Joo also seems to have gone through a bit of transformation as she finally has her hair up. She stills looks as confident as before, but she seems to be missing something.

The-Tale-of-Nokdu3.jpg

The production team said, “Episodes 15 and 16 will be a turning point for Nok Du and Dong Joo as they have left the all-female community. The two, who have started to walk down separate paths while having feelings for each other that they cannot express, will experience a deeper romance in midst of changes in the nature of their relationship.”

“The Tale of Nokdu” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10:00 p.m. KST

https://www.soompi.com/article/1361794wpp/jang-dong-yoon-and-kim-so-hyun-feel-each-others-absence-in-the-tale-of-nokdu

Ooooh I like the stills where both of them meet the King - it sort of brings the whole story together. Although why the King is wondering around like that is kinda odd - do the commoners not know his face? Although I remember in ep 1 there was a stand-in in his seat (when rocks were thrown at him), so maybe they actually don't know what he looks like. 

And this also means DJ will get some action! She's clearly holding a painting of someone, so I wonder who she is looking for...

@vangsweetie637 yeah you are right, I suspect the same. But looks like the story will start to convege now with the king meeting every one of the main leads!

3 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Hide contents

That Cebu in your username, is that Cebu, Philippines? ^^.. noypi?

Yes im from Cebu Philippines, 100% noypi :D

Im hoping as well for the kiss btsss..and the palaquin scene :joy:

Cmon kbs, make sure to release it.. Soon:blush:

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

Han Dasol will act as a court lady working in the palace who falls for Nokdu at first sight

cr:wowhellosohyun -twitter

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:weary::triumph: girl better stay away from Nokdu

Edit: I see a lot of ppl talking about Yoolmu ordering the thugs to burn down the widow village but still wanting to safe her...

from my point of view he wanted to burn down the village so there was no evidence the king could find and use.. but he ordered the thugs B) to burn down the village at a time DJ should have already left.. That is why he said to her she should be at the swing around 9/10pm that way he would know that she left on time and she is not a part of the disaster that was about to happen..

When she was taking too long he immediately knew she hadn't left the village on time and that she would be in danger.. that is why he rushed to the village to "safe" her...

I think kbs isn't giving us the BTS for the kiss because just like JDY pointed out in the entertainment weekly interview it wasn't as memorable as the kiss scene with YM:joy:.. JK i also think they are saving it for another time or a dvd

3 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

yes! That one! My goodness, how my heart fluttered! :wub: and that ost was perfect too! Im waiting for it to be released as well. I just hope it doesn’t get release so late like Done For Me in HDL. That’s not right :lol:

i hope it’s a kiss uninterrupted. I despise those kisses the most haha

Oh god no.. I hope it won't be released so late like Done for Me :lol:.. usually by this time, we get a news of its release but nothing yet. Sandeul's OST was released early even but I don't think I've heard it played in the drama.. ha ha..

Only in Kdrama will you find interrupted kiss so common and SO annoying :joy:

@aineofcebu Oh.. well...

Spoiler

hello to you then, my countryman ^-^...

"The two, who have started to walk down separate paths while having feelings for each other that they cannot express, will experience a deeper romance in midst of changes in the nature of their relationship".

Hmmm... a deeper romance... I just hope DJ will confess her feelings for ND already when they meet again. I want both of them to finally be honest and open the secret they have with each other so that they can face whatever is ahead them together.

And oh, that additional female character who will fall for ND, DJ will finally face a real love rival....ha ha.. well, I wouldn't actually call it a rival but maybe we'll finally see a jealous DJ too this time ^^. And maybe then she'll stop denying how handsome ND is... :wub:

Spoiler

The-Tale-of-Nokdu-13-14-1.gifThe-Tale-of-Nokdu-13-14-2.gif

The-Tale-of-Nokdu-13-14-3.gif  

Coz we all know, even if you line up all the other Joseon females for ND, his eyes and heart is just for DJ ♡♡♡

Prince Yeonchang's last appearance (maybe via flashback if his assumed "death" in the past episode is real) is in tonight's episode? In his IG post, he hints about going home today.

I wonder whether King Gwanghae finds out that that Nokdu is his long-lost son (Lee Duk) before or after their fateful meeting at the Swing. And who is Dong Joo searching for (could it be Nokdu...but that seems too obvious)? And would she recognise the resemblance between Nokdu and Gwanghae? (In a stroke of casting magic, JJH and JDY actually look like each other in real life, enough to believably pass off as father and son.) It's interesting that Nokdu meets King Gwanghae while he's travelling incognito in Hanyang. Is it going to be Gwanghae's bodyguard who finds Nokdu first, or Nokdu who figures out who Gwanghae is after digging deeper into the conspiracy around his birth and faked death twenty years ago? 

192865b6-950f-44e8-b8ec-aa29757146a7.jpg

Less than 7 hours to episode 15!

Webtoon spoilers:

Spoiler

If I remember correctly (and assuming I interpreted the dialogue correctly which I can't confirm), in the later half of the weboon, there was some lady who was interested in Nokdu. And Dong Joo ended up stating that she is Nokdu's wife to stake her claim. Don't know if they will go down the same route in the drama with this court lady character. Anyone else who read the webtoon who can confirm?

16 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Also, I’m wondering about DJ putting her hair up as per the soompi article. I couldn’t tell from the photos whether DJ actually has her hair up, or whether it’s tied back. Joseon women typically didn’t put their hair up until they had “become a woman” so to speak, either by getting married, being a concubine or a gisaeng, etc. Given how short DJ’s hair had been cut, I can see her pulling it back into a pony tail or a braid as soon as she’s able, but not actually putting it up. Either way, the stills seem to indicate that this next episode will include a time jump as many posts have speculated.

I think based on the entertainment weekly video, it's in a little ponytail covered by the ribbon. I don't think its styled the same as when ladies put up their hair after getting married. 

I'm semi glad that she has a real agenda to pursue, although it reminds me of her previous sageuk where KSH spent many episodes "trying" to get into the palace. I know I shouldn't draw comparisons but I do hope this drama really gives the 2 leads a chance to build that deeper romance, because I always felt the previous sageuk had one too much of a fell in love at first sight before they separated feel.  So I was really happy with the developments so far on all the bickerings and kind gestures before they are pulled apart.

Archived