[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This drama has managed to use birth secret reveals (like YM being the grand prince — I’m going to count that as a birth secret) so effectively. People are not shuffling around and going straight for the jugular. Which I like. 

It is 100% fusion. But 100% believable within its universe. Eg I didn’t balk when it was revealed that YM was a baddy—mainly because I’ve been scratching my head as to how/why a nobleman like him wasn’t part of the civil service. (Obvs doesn’t have to be but seemed incongruous with his personality)

cannot wait for next week :D even if the angst is really about to take off. 

I was wondering at first what JDY is doing with his ears but just that he doesn't wanna hear who KSH chooses between Nokdu and Yulmu :D. Awww... he must be feeling disappointed now after watching last night because he didn't hear her answer and said he'll watch when it airs... I can already imagine a pouty JDY... lol.. just ask her to choose between KTO and JDY then, instead of the characters :) But I love a confident Jang Dong Yoon^^... 

I swear since their radio interviews, these two has yet to fail me not to see them having eye contact every time :wub:

20191026-083951.gif 

And when JDY was eyeing/checking KSH when he chose the kiss scene with Yulmu....he's worried she might misunderstand?.. lol ...

y2mate-com-20191025-Ab3-DQk2-DRRs-360p-3 

Ship... ship... ship ~!!!! 

I don't think I've heard yet what KSH calls JDY? Does she call him oppa? I know JDY called KSH as So Hyun-nim once. I cannot see any slight awkwardness really between them... even if JDY is older than her, she always teases him like they're the same age. That says something about JDY's personality too. And how close they are.

@jstgt1501 I was about to post that too but removed it since you did.. ha ha.. my first thought too when they said both their characters became "straightforward" was k-kiss scenes???... and I mean with S.. yes, so many kisses.. HAHA... bed scene, here we come :tounge_xd:

Every time i watch this drama, I feel like it’s going to air new episodes tomorrow :joy: then realize it is not even Monday yet LOL!!

i really adore ND and DJ together! I ship these two and hope they don’t limit themselves on their affections. I don’t even mind if they cross the line just a little bit ;) :P I need DJ to see those abs of ND much closer. I mean, we need to see more too.

YM is really evil. I am surprised that after ordering the village to be burned and everyone killed, he still had the heart to run after seeing DJ in the situation she was in. I feel that his affection for her will soon turn into a greedy obsession. Meanwhile, I cannot wait until the other two lovebirds confess their feelings without lies and denial. 

in the meantime, DANG!! That body!! 

tumblr_pz2qk1gpIw1wht2r7o3_400.gif?ssl=1

We are not shy at all! Show us more!!

a1f3ed4c200c6353ee8a6d9c26305ed8ca1d31fa

Please. :P

@lightbringer06 i am very surprised that KBS is showing us more BTS than usual for their airing dramas. I like this side of KBS :glasses:

@Ameera Ali i dont know if anyone posted the gif yet but i want that scene where ND is sitting in the bathroom, pondering (before the first kiss) And we literally see his 4 packs (or maybe even 6). Do send it my way if you can find what i am looking for. I have no shame for loving this man’s body :joy:

Above:

Posted by JDY's agency. Looking at the background, can we expect some swashbuckling swordplay in the bamboo forest?

Below: 

Adorable Aeng Du (child actress Park Da Yeon) posted this today (but it's an old photo from last month's filming according to some sources):

And more of JDY:

11 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@lightbringer06 i am very surprised that KBS is showing us more BTS than usual for their airing dramas. I like this side of KBS :glasses:

Ikr ~ .. haha.. am glad they're releasing BTS for each episode. But they're still stingy on the kiss scene :D.. and the palanquin scene. Love that gif of Aengdu, she's so cute. She's very mature in the drama, more than the OTP :), but offcam, she's just innocent and a pure kid.

@Ameera Ali ... everytime JDY is shirtless...

tenor.gif 

.. and LOL.. I just put down my phone when I was loading this page and that gif of JDY shirtless was displayed and then my brother accidentally saw it and said , "what's that?.. is he not wearing any?".. HAHA.. he might misunderstand I was looking at something inappropriate :joy:

Kim So Hyun And Jang Dong Yoon Share Favorite Scenes From “The Tale Of Nokdu”

The Tale of Nokdu” stars Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun picked their favorite scenes from the drama, shared fun behind-the-scenes stories, and more!

On the October 25 episode of “Entertainment Weekly,” the two actors sat down for an interview to discuss the rising popularity of KBS’s “The Tale of Nokdu,” which continues to lead ratings for Monday-Tuesday dramas.

When asked what might be the secret to the drama’s success, Jang Dong Yoon attributed it to the unique chemistry between the two leads, while Kim So Hyun suggested that Jang Dong Yoon’s beauty when dressed as a woman was a large factor. Jang Dong Yoon said about his experience dressing as a woman, “At first, I was a bit confused since it was so unfamiliar. After awhile, though, I started to enjoy it.”

Jang-Dong-Yoon-1.jpg

The actors also selected their favorite scenes from the drama. Kim So Hyun chose the scene in which her character, Dong Dong Joo, rides on a swing while remembering the time she spent with her family. She explained, “The scene really encompasses all the things that Dong Joo has been through in her past and her desire to move forward after meeting Nok Du, so I thought a lot about [how to act for it].” She hilariously added that the stylist put a lot of hairspray in her bangs to keep them neat as she swung back and forth.

Kim-So-Hyun-11.jpg

On the other hand, Jang Dong Yoon chose the kiss scene between his character Nok Du and Cha Yul Moo (played by Kang Tae Oh). He stated, “I was looking forward to it because I thought it would be fun. I was also really nervous. I wanted to do well, but when it came time to actually do it, I couldn’t!” drawing laughter and teasing remarks from the interviewer and his co-star.

Jang-Dong-Yoon3.jpg

“The Tale of Nokdu” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1361581wpp/kim-so-hyun-and-jang-dong-yoon-share-favorite-scenes-from-the-tale-of-nokdu

Drama producer Jaffrey Kim ig uptade

EHsKrqfU8AAOegm.jpg

How did DJ role changed from vengeful sole survivor of her clan to a skincare worker hahahah thats so random :sweatingbullets: 

and yayy doosan bears! Thanks for winning the game, now we can watch our drama in peace hehe

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

YAHOOOO !!!!... good news :glasses:

(sings) I'm walking on sunshine...oh-oh...

Soompi article about the new stills haven't been released, but based on KSH weibo fanclub's translation of the Naver article, Dong Joo will work in the Joseon skincare industry after leaving Widows' Village. The article doesn't spoil what Nokdu has been up to since parting ways from the rest at Widows' Village, except to mention that Nokdu looks melancholy while reminiscing on the swing and missing Dong Joo.

I wonder whether the scene where he's dressed in a dusty pink hanbok and smiling gently while looking at someone is their reunion scene. Nokdu enters the skincare palour where Dong Joo is working. One of Nokdu's trademark "Tada, did I surprise you"-type entrances, perhaps? Then Dong Joo will stare at him for a few long seconds before standing up to knock some sense into him for making her worry for so long. 

This is for @vangsweetie637 @Ameera Ali @lightbringer06 @petunia (and just about anyone else who needs to know how Nokdu's abs were created):

Spoiler

I like the theory that she's fishing for information! Remember DongJoo has a whole boxful of rare combs and accessories etc. She must have hatched a plan to get into the palace or get information somehow, and the best way is probably those court ladies who are gossipy. Perhaps this job is part of the plan!

I predict they will only be separate at best for 1 episode! This drama thrives on the interactions between ND and DJ after all!

Archived