Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Current Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST

What just happened?

i was furiously scrolling thru the posts and felt both glee and disbelief. Glee cos ND and DJ are still okay doing the push-pull; disbelief cos I’m figuring out unfamiliar names popping up now that I’m paying attention to the other plot. 

Yulmu is shady alright! So he was on a mission to help the King fish out traitors. Those traitors led by Heo Yoon want to put the rightful King (I.e the little prince) on the throne according to that letter by the late King. Because the traitors were singleminded about it, they want to eliminate all potential competitors for the throne, including the hidden one like ND. Thus, the assassins were sent to eliminate ND and family. 

upon figuring out the traitors’ plans, Yulmu took advantage of his proximity to the village and underground news to eliminate his competitors on the pretext of helping the King. He then tried to turn Heo Yoon and combine forces to bring down the King. 

but one wildcard still stands...ND.

Is that the story thus far?

what is the smirky minister’s role then? He’s on the side of Yulmu?

who’s Cheon? :sweatingbullets:

how come DJ’s family was killed if she was an aristocrat-enough to be betrothed to the King’s villainous nephew? Did he somehow betray her family? And hide it from her?

is ND really a prince? But if he is the son of current King who isn’t supposed to be one, then ND isn’t rightfully a prince; royalty once removed perhaps.

In any case, a battle royale for our damsel out of action. If she kills the King, we’re headed for some serious complexity in the OTP. Gosh.

Give me kissy scenes any time now...

• Like 14
  • Insightful 1

Aeng-Du Highlights!

aUxjeRY.gif

Hahaha! New-Found LOVE

Spoiler

Qtl0QBu.gif

kfeaUdc.gif

Opps! Go for GOLD! How lucky! 60.gif

I wonder who's  head is more stronger and harder~ AD's head or YM's head? 109.gif

3EHIkjo.gif

Spoiler

Omooooooo! It's a GOAL! 

gqgtrSQ.gif

Carries like a POTATO SACK 138.gif

Spoiler

rnraBI4.gif

BBhHqzP.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 14

Kang Taeoh real identity has been revealed, what will happened to Jang Dongyoon and Kim Sohyun in 'The Tale of Nokdu'?

8393f16ecb48be0067bb3aaa1f0eb8a7.jpg

Kang Taeoh real identity has been revealed, what will happened to Jang Dongyoon and Kim Sohyun in 'The Tale of Nokdu"

netizen comments :

(+102,0) Yulmoo acting is so crazy..

(+58,0) So creepy ㅋㅋ  Physcopath acting ㅋㅋ

(+43,0) I got goose bumps.... Yulmoo's acting is the best... Getting more creepy...

(+28,0) Woah the twist... I wish they had done it last week.

(+14,0) Yulmoo's done with the ending today. I thought you were the best man in the world.ㅋㅋ

(+6,0) Yulmoo ㅜㅜ The Tale of Nokdu is more shocking today.

https://www.storykpop.com/2019/10/kang-taeoh-real-identity-has-been.html

• Like 13

What a smug look! He caught the target like a BOSS! 108.gif

CSqPtBj.gif

Captain America is freakin' out right now. The newest Marvel member of Joseon, Captain Nok-Du! 2.gif

Cascqrz.gif

Nok-Du's powerful shield ever! 

Spoiler

Ze5nMK7.gif

Xg6sCej.gif

cWRuKi4.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 22

Now that I think about it, people working one the show must be pissed to have prepared a plot twist/cliffhanger only to postpone the episode because of baseball. 

We were supposed to wait 1 week and constructs theories before knowing more about YM and his plan.

Unfortunatly ( fortunately for us because we son’t have to wait anxiously) tomorrow we will know. 

• Like 9

I'm soo behind on this drama. Been soo busy with work and everything.

I'm just looking through gifs and pictures and can't wait to watch the episodes. Will wait the episodes for this week to finish airing then I'll watch and be back to join you all.

But from the spoilers throughout this forum, I'm very curious to find out more about YM if he's good or bad. 

• Like 9

Ratings

EP 11: 4.3%

EP 12: 5.9%

source

It is decreasing from last week.. 

Hopefully if there episodes airing tonight, it will increase again.. 

Knetz, this drama is a gem! Please watch it on TV! :lol:

• Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 1

5dae3725df267847649667.gif?download

Ok I give her this reason oil on his chest make him slippery hazards :joy: he just slip out of his clothes, slip to her lip & try again to slip a tongue , 100% accident  :tounge_xd:

download

But nokdu not afraid to die for the true :joy:

5dae3745dd9c5409887046.gif?download

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

48 minutes ago, faye406 said:

It is decreasing from last week.. 

Knetz, this drama is a gem! Please watch it on TV! :lol:

I was surprised too. I guess that's because Catch the Ghost premiered yesterday as well.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

32 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

I was surprised too. I guess that's because Catch the Ghost premiered yesterday as well.

Well next week, we gonna have VIP and Aide Season 2 too at the same timeslot.. And I just hoping this drama keeps delivering it best and will remain as one of the best drama I have watched in my chart :blush: 

• Like 9

the ratings made me go:

giphy.gif

from 6.6 to 5.9, that drop tho. eek.

34 minutes ago, faye406 said:

Well next week, we gonna have VIP and Aide Season 2 too at the same timeslot.. And I just hoping this drama keeps delivering it best and will remain as one of the best drama I have watched in my chart :blush: 

not to be negative but i think we should prepare ourselves :sweatingbullets: hopefully tton has already established a soild viewer so it would not affect the them too much *prayer circle*

1 hour ago, faye406 said:

I swear to god, i have never hated a sport this much before ugh 

Dear baseball players, please do well tonight. 

giphy.gif

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

30 minutes ago, kshuuuuuw said:

not to be negative but i think we should prepare ourselves :sweatingbullets: hopefully tton has already established a soild viewer so it would not affect the them too much *prayer circle*

I swear to god, i have never hated a sport this much before ugh 

Dear baseball players, please do well tonight. 

Yes, please prepare our heart and keep cheering TTON production effort!

Yes, please do well and and end game early! 

• Like 7

Today's episode was really shocking :o  and there are two things that I can't stop to think abt lol

1. If ND is in reality the current King's son then he has kissed his own cousin YM :sweatingbullets:

2. I'm suspicious of Nokdu's "father" when in the episode he went to visit Heo Yoon, he said something like "the king's son can return, it's safe, he's intelligent a so on..." I have the feeling he was training his own son to be the king's heir (because i'm of the idea that Nokdu is the real prince)  ND wasn't allowed to study or do what he wants as shown in ep1, meanwhile his brother could do it (?) Hmmmm 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 2

Finally caught up. Here is a translation of the preview for tomorrow. The video won't embed though, just link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS2GwPdQXz8

Man VO: It’s the gisaeng house that is the lifeblood of the widow’s village? That Madam, grab everyone including all the widows who are close to that Madam and bring them here.
ND Brother to the Minister: At least, if I were the King’s son, then having to live, hiding and being chased like this, probably wouldn’t feel so unfair.
YM to ND: Why did you come here?
ND to YM: You say you’re preparing for your love?
TEXT: WAR
Madam to the female assassins: Tomorrow night, all the female assassins have to leave the village permanently.
YM to DJ: You won’t care if that person is killed and done away with?
TEXT: IS STARTING
ND to DJ: I won’t ask you to like me. Just don’t disappear. I’m begging you.

So, the politics of the situation, are heating up, and that is turning up the tension. YM turns out to be a bit of psychopath who would be king. DJ and ND's love story seems to be taking a bit of a back seat now that ND has declared himself and DJ has rejected him. I sometimes wish we had more insight into what DJ is thinking actually. Sometimes it feels as if ND is so transparent with his feelings and motivations, while DJ keeps everything very close to her chest.

It looks as if the Widow's Village residents are going to be in for a tough time in the next episode, as the Madam threads her way between the forces of power and tries to protect her charges. And, given that we're nearing the halfway point in this drama, I'm hoping that DJ admits the truth to herself that she wants to be with ND as well, and that they team up properly for whatever the future holds.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, jstgt1501 said:

Today's episode was really shocking :o  and there are two things that I can't stop to think abt lol

1. If ND is in reality the current King's son then he has kissed his own cousin YM :sweatingbullets:

2. I'm suspicious of Nokdu's "father" when in the episode he went to visit Heo Yoon, he said something like "the king's son can return, it's safe, he's intelligent a so on..." I have the feeling he was training his own son to be the king's heir (because i'm of the idea that Nokdu is the real prince)  ND wasn't allowed to study or do what he wants as shown in ep1, meanwhile his brother could do it (?) Hmmmm 

For no. 2, Does that mean he also greedy to put his own son as next king?

IMG-20191022-103539.png

IMG-20191022-103512.png

His dialogue

At least, if I were the King’s son, then having to live, hiding and being chased like this, probably wouldn’t feel so unfair.

Edited by faye406
  • Like 10
  • Insightful 1

This is why I really want Hwangtae to be the King's son at all cost after watching the episode. For the primary reason that I don't want it to be the stupid reason separating ND and DJ with your-father-is-the-king-who-I-wanna-kill-so-we-cannot-be-together type of a thing. Yes, I'm looking at you, Moonlight ^^...

Now, idk where will the writers take this because they introduced another real figure into this, King Injo, which is not in the webtoon, I believe. As much as I'm enjoying the added plot twist, I hope they don't divert much from the webtoon.

So that preview where YM was telling DJ if it's okay to her even if he kills ND happened when he entered the room in ep 6 but was not shown yet. I am not sure if that's one reason why DJ seems scared when ND came, aside from her fear of the dark.

I also hope we can see DJ in action. Besides her revenge plan against the King, she had been pretty much in the sidelines. I wish she can also fight like those female assassins and surprise us or finally show us her skills in archery fighting bad guys.

And can ND and DJ just hook up already?.. lol... I want to see some fluff while we are dealing with this political struggle which I feel is gonna be the focus from now on.

I got to give it to Yulmu that last scene... he's just dang straight scary. I know he might not what he seems to be but I didn't expect his character to make a 180 degree turn. Such a cliffhanger, KBS better give us the episode tonight as they promoted in their IG story.

• Like 13