[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Breeze I think it’s the food truck sent by PD Kim Dong Hwi to cheer up staffs and actors. From some staffs ig, they were filming some fire scenes around midnight till 3Am today, and not knowing when the filming finished this morning. It must be hard for all the Nokdu team :unsure:

The strongest declaration of love motherhood in k-drama goes to:

I love Dong Ju's "arrgh...why are you always getting into trouble" face here:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1358611wpp/kim-so-hyun-and-jang-dong-yoon-discover-feelings-they-werent-aware-of-in-the-tale-of-nokdu

Kim So Hyun And Jang Dong Yoon Discover Feelings They Weren’t Aware Of In “The Tale Of Nokdu”

Oct 13, 2019
by L. Kim

Kim So Hyun and Jang Dong Yoon are getting closer in “The Tale of Nokdu”!

“The Tale of Nokdu” tells the story of a man named Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community with hopes to discover the truth. There, he meets Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who wants to be anything but a gisaeng (female courtesan), and they become roommates.

Spoiler

In the previous episode, Jeon Nok Du saved Dong Dong Joo from a crisis. So far, the two have shown bizarre chemistry with their mother-daughter relationship, and now, they are spiraling their way into a romantic relationship. Viewers are already wondering how the sly but sweet Jeon Nok Du will pair up with Dong Dong Joo, who is hiding a painful past behind her courageous smile.

On October 13, the drama released stills of Jeon Nok Du and Dong Dong Joo enjoying some time together under the moonlight. They sit next to each other on a bridge, and a stream of unfamiliar feelings surface between them. Dong Dong Joo puts up a begrudging attitude to deny her surging feelings for Jeon Nok Du, who looks surprised with his hand on his arm as if she has punched him there. Their chemistry is undeniable, and viewers are anticipating the change in their relationship.

kim-so-hyun-jang-dong-yoon-21.jpg

In the next episode, the unpredictable romance between Jeon Nok Du and Dong Dong Joo will take place in earnest. Jeon Nok Du will become jealous of Dong Dong Joo’s reunion with Cha Yul Moo (Kang Tae Oh), and Dong Dong Joo will misunderstand the relationship between Jeon Nok Du and an elite lady. With the emergence of Aeng Doo (Park Da Yeon) and General Hwang (Lee Moon Sik) who come to Hanyang to visit him, Jeon Nok Du’s dangerous adventure will become more exciting.

The production crew commented, “The unfamiliar changes undergone by Jeon Nok Du and Dong Dong Joo, who begin to realize their feelings, will reach a turning point in episodes 9 and 10. The excitement will increase with a clumsy, jealous Jeon Nok Du and Dong Dong Joo’s denial of her feelings for him. We hope you will watch how their feelings change in the midst of the whirlwind of events.”

“The Tale of Nokdu” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10 p.m. KST.

1 hour ago, Sky8lue said:

The production crew commented, “The unfamiliar changes undergone by Jeon Nok Du and Dong Dong Joo, who begin to realize their feelings, will reach a turning point in episodes 9 and 10. The excitement will increase with a clumsy, jealous Jeon Nok Du and Dong Dong Joo’s denial of her feelings for him. We hope you will watch how their feelings change in the midst of the whirlwind of events.”

ooooo... cant wait to see jealous nokdu:phew:. we've seen snippet of it lol

MediumIdioticAmericanbulldog-small.gif

I have a full weekend making some fanart and watching the BTS. Sohyun acting is amazing. In the swing scene, how can she laugh and tease around then immediately turn emotional when camera was on? The chemistry is on point, both on and off screen. I used to ship her with Yoo Seung Ho in Ruler, but that drama just gave me political-saeguk-trauma which made me stay away from kdrama for years. But now I'm back with another saeguk and another ship  T__T  I'm still scared of the politic thing and hope that the plot wont flop. 

Btw, @Breeze Thanks for sharing my art :wub: 

41 minutes ago, kshuuuuuw said:

He always jealous :joy:

15709594121570959355.gif

I think she the one need to be jealous in screen  he got  fiancé, future husband & three musketeers that have crush on him :joy: & off screen one big fangirl :mrgreen:

15709588621570958825.gif

15709576181570957588.gif

aww I love the whole idea of clumsy jealous nokdu in the preview! I supposed dongju is rejecting the idea because she thinks he has a lady, but i'm wondering how the whole fiasco from the end of ep 4 will be resolved, since his "lady" was right there! what excuse will he come up with to return to the widow village if his lady is 'free'? even better, if he claims that wasn't his lady, Dongju will think he's even more of a womanizer :lol:

4 hours ago, kshuuuuuw said:

And before that scene, he already displayed his jealousy, probably unknowingly, in this...:lol:

20191013-204644.gif

20191013-204856.gif 

He feels intimidated by Yulmu's possible high-rank status that he comforts himself by saying he's more handsome :rolleyes:.. yes, yes, you are. You're even pretty too :-)

hmm... "will reach a turning point in episodes 9 and 10"... love it~! :heart:

2 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

hmm... "will reach a turning point in episodes 9 and 10"... love it~! :heart:

EXCITEEEEEDDD! 

I love the PD's previous works, and one of them is "Fighting for My WAY". To be honest, I saw similar vibe between The tale of NOkdu and Fighting for my way (bickering scenes, aegyo, the comedy, the use of suitors to intensify the romance between the leads, cliffhanger endings). Both are very cute, funny, refreshing, entertaining and of course very addicting.  

I think Episode 9-10 is a turning point where the love rivals officially enter the "LOVE FIGHTING" ring (Aeng Du and Yool Mu) and turn Nokdu's and Dongju's relationship as a fake "mother-daughter" to a Jealous husband- jealous wife fight for spouse's attention and love"  ...  HAHHAHA And I think we're going to see a comedic kissing scene as Kang Tae Oh said in the interview.. will it be a kiss scene between Nokdu with Yool muI? I know PDnim also loves an almost BL plot  (rewatching The Legendary lackey, hahahaa) or a cute peck between Dongju and Yool mu VS Nokdu and Aeng Du..  Monday.. Please come soon! 

2 hours ago, aoikarin said:

I love the PD's previous works, and one of them is "Fighting for My WAY". To be honest, I saw similar vibe between The tale of NOkdu and Fighting for my way (bickering scenes, aegyo, the comedy, the use of suitors to intensify the romance between the leads, cliffhanger endings). Both are very cute, funny, refreshing, entertaining and of course very addicting.  

I'm only familiar with Fight for My Way^^. Didn't finish it yet but I started it before and have watched some of its clips. And I really love the comedy there and the romance, of course.

Ahem...then I'm expecting some intense kiss scenes here too then? :tounge_xd:... lol.. like I watched those of Seo Joon and Ji Won's.. MWAHAHA.. However,  it might not fit well for JDY and KSH but I just hope it will not be a statue kiss again just like many other Kdramas...:))

...omo..ottoke, I don't think I can handle a kiss between our OTP.. just this scene makes me squeal...

20191014-034545.gif 

... how much more a kiss? :joy:

90d4a890d2d244e88a2c62698009b4eaf43ad912 

While I love the fun vibe we have going on rn, i also can't wait for the melo/romance part that the director mentioned :D Both our main leads excel in hard-hitting emotional scenes, so I'm anticipating some A+ angst hehe

P.S. Is anyone interested in subbing the BTS with me? I can do everything but translate ^^

New still cuts: LINK here

0004223061_001_20191014085033113.jpg?typ

Hahahaha.. I think NokDu will use YulMu to disguise himself in front of Aeng Du!!! I wonder what DongJu reaction to that.. It's gonna be chaotic and hilarious for sure :lol:

6 hours ago, juhli said:

While I love the fun vibe we have going on rn, i also can't wait for the melo/romance part that the director mentioned :D Both our main leads excel in hard-hitting emotional scenes, so I'm anticipating some A+ angst hehe

P.S. Is anyone interested in subbing the BTS with me? I can do everything but translate ^^

I would love too but I'm zero about hangul and language . Anyone?

Archived