[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

Am loving the show!!! This is a wonderful follow up drama after the (IMO premature) end of Rookie Historian. Another light hearted enough sageuk romcom with enough of an intriguing backstory and plot. Jang Dong Yoon is totally killing it as a gwabunim. Found myself totally laughing many times throughout the show! Can’t wait for the next episode. Am wondering how long before Dongjoo finds out who Nokdu really is and works with him to solve this mystery of his past and actual identity.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really feel empathy for Nokdu character. How could you live when you has been threatened all your life since the day you were born? And unlike other dramas’ heroine, Nokdu knows that he is the reason his family was being chased and suffered. It must be terrible to live like that. 

But above all of that, Nokdu knows what he has to do. He has his goals and he is smart enough to achieve it (by learning martial arts, disguising as a woman...). I really love this character and on top of that, Jang Dong Yoon is doing a brilliant job portraying Nokdu. Been following him since the casting news came out and now Im becoming a fan of actor Jang Dong Yoon. As I said before this will be his breakthrough role and he totally deserves it! 

Yeah! This series' BTS are going to be *epic*. Kim So-hyun is well known for burst out laughing and I bet she has done it a lot of times.

By the way, I can't help but laugh every time the "strong widow trio" do the same. That kind of laugh that we often hear from men is really hilarious on women.

And here's an example of KSH laughing :D. Dong Yoon doing the "My goodness, really? No way." :joy:

Seems like this drama has become popular to some Thais.. I can see lots of tweets by them :D

EDIT:

BTW, this clip is the preview for their Entertainment Weekly interview to be aired this Friday :D.

18 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Interesting to note that Dong Yoon, So Hyun & the female assassin all starred in the KBS Drama, School. With the female assassin being So Hyun's bully. I wonder if she figured out his identity? Will find out next week I guess..

It's so funny how no one notices his Adam's apple LoL! Or maybe it's not as noticeable idk? Drama logic perhaps, or that he has slight stubble/facial hair eheheh. His birth secret is another mystery. 

Its actually possible, speaking from experience. I once have a dorm mate (It was a mixed dormitory), he's gay and all but so female looking. He wears dresses and has long hair. He's a lot taller than me possible around 6 ft. or less? But he joins a lot of pageant. We dont talk to each other, but I see him most of the time since he's just next room to mine. I really thought for the longest time that he is a female, until I heard him spoke. Hahaha. That was the give away point, nevertheless I was deceived for a long time. 

P.S. he was a really beautiful female looking guy, waaaaaay prettier than most of us :tears::tears:

Woooooow :open_mouth: the second episode did not disappoint! It was funnier and more action packed. Their love story is already starting blossom! Its just the second day but I think, I am already hooked! Please drama gods. Please dont let us down. Waiting for next week episodes :star::relieved::star:

5 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Okay, so what is this Wavve? Is this like an affiliate of KBS? I'm not quite familiar with it.

And I wonder how does KBS does their dramas, do they release behind the scenes? I really want to see some BTS of eps 1-4 as well :D

Ah, so this is airing on KBS channel. For some reason, i thought it was TvN. But with KBS, i am actually hoping they will release more BTS. In the past experiences for me, dramas from KBS were more limited on BTS. It may actually leave us wanting KBS to “cross the line” for the sake of releasing bts only :joy: i hope my experience this time is better because i am loving this drama already!

@Ameera Ali lol everytime DJ came close to almost discovering ND’s identity, this was me:

giphy.gif

:joy: 

1 hour ago, akausagi said:

Its actually possible, speaking from experience. I once have a dorm mate (It was a mixed dormitory), he's gay and all but so female looking. He wears dresses and has long hair. He's a lot taller than me possible around 6 ft. or less? But he joins a lot of pageant. We dont talk to each other, but I see him most of the time since he's just next room to mine. I really thought for the longest time that he is a female, until I heard him spoke. Hahaha. That was the give away point, nevertheless I was deceived for a long time. 

P.S. he was a really beautiful female looking guy, waaaaaay prettier than most of us :tears::tears:

Yup it is really possible. I have actually watch shows where a guy is singing and his voice is so soft that I thought it was a woman. And then when he talked normally, thats when you can tell he is a man. It is easy to not notice little things between a guy and girl although in this drama, some things are almost too obvious :joy: in that bathing scene, his muscular arms should have given it away but i realized no one noticed because they were too busy with the peeping tom haha! I love how the widows thought it was due to his small chest area hahaha! 

@akausagi

I'm sure it is LoL!:D

And even in this drama, the crew agrees that Dong Yoon is way prettier than So Hyun ha-ha:lol: I mean I've seen cross dressers, transvestites & Idk it was obvious to me they were men (shrug) but I do understand why you'd think they're female as you've mentioned, some have really effeminate features. I guess that's why they're known as flower boys?? Personally, I much prefer masculine menB)

@vangsweetie637

Yea the drama fooled me too! They keep teasing us that the widows are on to Nok Du's true identity..<_< I mean the 3 bodyguard widows have like, wrestler build so Nok Du having toned arms aren't exactly uncommon LoL. And yea when she suspect it was 'cause he was flat chested, I was like that's the least of his worries ha-ha:w00t:

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Ah, so this is airing on KBS channel. For some reason, i thought it was TvN. But with KBS, i am actually hoping they will release more BTS. In the past experiences for me, dramas from KBS were more limited on BTS. It may actually leave us wanting KBS to “cross the line” for the sake of releasing bts only :joy: i hope my experience this time is better because i am loving this drama already!

It is easy to not notice little things between a guy and girl although in this drama, some things are almost too obvious :joy: in that bathing scene, his muscular arms should have given it away but i realized no one noticed because they were too busy with the peeping tom haha! I love how the widows thought it was due to his small chest area hahaha! 

Yeah, unfortunately, this is KBS.. ha ha.. if this was either TVN or JTBC, BTS would be expected :D. I think the last time I watched a KBS drama was 2016, Love in the Moonlight, and they did have some BTS. idk if it was because it was popular so they were obliged to do so, but I hope they do here too.

And I also didn't notice if he has armpit hair :joy:... I was trying hard to look at his armpit during the bath scene when he was fixing his clothes but didn't notice any or prolly I missed it coz it was too fast ... LOL...

I think good looking guys are the prettiest when they dress as a female, because I too remember one gay here in our neighborhood when I was in college and there are times I encounter him along the way, and he is so pretty as a woman, but I can also see he is such a good looking guy. Such a waste if you ask me... :joy:... waste of genes .. LMAO..

Ottoke...am now so close to changing my profile to this guy right here... ha ha ... at least while watching this one... I might have to set aside Xu Kai for a while :kiss_closed:. For some reason, I like looking at his visuals in this drama...kekekeke

20191002-051917.gif 

I am sitting on edge waiting for the next episode...this series is such a joy to watch... I enjoy watching the female lead Kim So-Hyun...l watch a few of her dramas but the one that sticks in mind and was very memorable was "The Moon Embracing the Sun". No idea why when I see her, I think of that series The Moon Embracing the Sun.

Most of the time, it would be the male lead or maybe supporting male that capture the interest but for this series Tale of Nokdu...it was her Kim So-Hyun as Dong Dong-Ju.
Fighting Fighting Fighting Kim So-Hyun / DDJ :kiss_wink:

2 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

I think good looking guys are the prettiest when they dress as a female (...)

In the first pages of this thread, I posted a clip showing Yook Sung-jae (BTOB) cross dressed and I still think he's even more pretty than Jang Dong Yoon here.

3 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Ameera Ali lol everytime DJ came close to almost discovering ND’s identity, this was me:

The bath  scene was hilarious 

But love how he change his mind about what he think because he scared & quickly agree with them :joy:

@lightbringer06

You're KILLING me here:lol: You were checking out his underarms for hair??!! Seriously LoL:P

There's plenty of pretty boys in K-Pop btw. Cha Eun Woo for instance. 

KBS does air BTS (NOT the K-Pop boyband) but only if the drama has high viewer ratings? Like the previous Angel's Last Mission. They aired many otp scenes 'cause they knew of the shippers' fanbase & the response to the otp:D I have KBS World on my satellite TV but for some strange reason they're not airing this drama - weird-_-

6 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Ameera Ali

Yup it is really possible. I have actually watch shows where a guy is singing and his voice is so soft that I thought it was a woman. And then when he talked normally, thats when you can tell he is a man. It is easy to not notice little things between a guy and girl although in this drama, some things are almost too obvious :joy: in that bathing scene, his muscular arms should have given it away but i realized no one noticed because they were too busy with the peeping tom haha! I love how the widows thought it was due to his small chest area hahaha! 

(Im sorry for the tag, I cant remove it via mobile editing)

Hahahaha. Actually you wont notice a lot of things about the person if your perception was you think he was one of you. For instance, I am female lodger living on the 2nd floor, most of us are female there, and the guys were on the first floor. So my initial thought was every body on the second floor were female boarders. Unknowingly, my next door neighbor was a pretty gay man whom I thought was one of us. And when I found out he was a man. It was then I noticed the trivial things such as his neck. 

Same goes for the widows who are living in the all female village. They dont notice trivial things from him since they dont have the prejudice of thought that he is a man. Unlike from our viewer's point of view. 

Archived