[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A series of the kings stupidity 

:rage::tired::rage::tired:

Spoiler

When it finally seemed like ND has successfully repressed the coup, the king appears. 

With two potential conspiracy leaders in front of him (ND and YM), King raises his sword at his own son :rage:

Believes the dowager (who is supposed to also be his enemy), refuses to believe his sons words and feelings (despite ND's super long monologue), calls ND a traitor and demands his arrest, then proceeds to escape to 'safety' with YM, the guy who conspired against him...

They could have ended the story in 15 ep. They most likely needed the fight scenes to fill up air time so they have some plot left for next week.
There isn't much more they can do  at this point, except resolving who will gain the seat of the King, the fate of the person who doesn't and what will happen to leads' relationship. 

I've got headache, literally. My stream link was blur and low quality. And a whole episode was all abt fighting. My eyes are dizzy now.  

It was dragged too long. There're many parts to cool down but they turn out dilute and unnecessary. People - Queen, Jung, Hwang, MW corp, Dong Joo arc - randomly jumps to the scenes like saviors but the situation did not change. And the king came back again with his manic-aka-throne-addiction-aka-son-phobia in the end... It was like a sailing-with-the-wind fight. Everything repeats. No end, no change, no win.

Liked:

Spoiler

Ssok and the Muwuldan making their long-awaited comeback!

Ssok finishing off Dan Oh!

YJ, Hwangsabu all surviving the battle.

Dongju aka Legolas (never-ending supply of arrows and always appearing in the nick of time to save the day).

The nifty swordfight between Nokdu and Dan Oh.

Dongju is still the MVP of tonight's episode.

Disliked:

Spoiler

The pacing. Swords, arrows and bloodshed took up way too much airtime in today's episode, so it felt like being on a roller-coaster for an hour.

Hated:

Spoiler

Gwanghae. He doesn't deserve the "I survived" twist of the episode. He doesn't deserve the Queen, his long-lost son, his throne, his life...his predisposition to believing the stories spun by the most suspicious characters in the plot is unrivalled.

Worried:

Spoiler

How long more do they need to finish off the sordid palace politics? We only have one final episode... Hope episode 16 can be extended in length so that there is enough time to deal with "happily ever after"!

https://www.dramamilk.com/the-tale-of-nokdu-episode-15-29-30-live-recap/

4 minutes ago, mujisano said:

Wow the King............... is so blind.

I don't even know what else to say.

STOP TRUSTING PEOPLE WHO WANT TO KILL YOU AND STOP KILLING PEOPLE WHO WANT TO TRUST YOU.

I'm waiting to see his face when grand prince YM puts a sword on his throat next week:expressionless:. Now that would be satisfying:phew:

@Ameera Ali Poor dude:joy::mrgreen:.

9 minutes ago, lu09 said:

I'm waiting to see his face when grand prince YM puts a sword on his throat next week. Now that would be satisfying:expressionless:.

at this point i dont even know who to cheer for to be the king...

YM who is crude and evil? or Gwanghae who is blinded and paranoid? both seem like a bad option. Or even ND who has no desire to be king? Gwanghae shows no sign that he will redeem himself anytime soon. he honestly had the chance during this episode's ending... but well...

i honestly don't want ND to be a king either. i dont know how having ND as king can be a satisfying ending. i just want ND and DJ to live freely with each other, not tied down by the responsibilities of a monarch )): 

@icryforattention  Right now, Yulmu and Gwanghae should just go have a fight to the death (off-screen), so that we don't have to think about how to end their fates in the twisted power struggle. Though unfortunately I don't want the script quality to plummet like that at the end, so them killing each other would be too makjang a way to end a drama that's meant to be Joseon Roco. I seriously can't guess how the scriptwriter wants to conclude this story.

Whoa... the pages just jumped :D.. before I go and back read, I just wanna say, man, GIRL POWER RULES~!!!... Saw some spoilers in Twitter, and I was just imagining this morning how DJ can help ND in his fight since she's not good in martial arts or swordsmanship, is that she'll assist through her bow and arrow, and I was dang right, yeah ~! Love it when FL is strong enough to protect her man :glasses:.

And no preview? Guess they're still filming the last episode, huh? As long as I can see more lovey dovey moments of ND and DJ and a wedding, please, I'll be very much satisfied... but NOOOOOO... it's ending next week :bawling:

Ayayay... now I can't wait to watch it and I'm a bit distracted now in my work... hmph...:sweatingbullets:

I am very unhappy with the king, so I am writing my own ending, because I can't imagine how can this end for everyone to get what they deserve.

Spoiler

So the king tries to kill ND, ND is injured and supposedly dead again, then YM reveals his gorgeous plot to the king and the king will regret killing his son and not believing him. 

The king will kill YM, the queen will run away and the king can forever sit on his empty throne with no friends and many enemies and regret on the loop.

ND is of course not dead and he will live with DJ and their chicken babies on a beautiful tropical island far away from everything korean. :D

Yeah, I was a bit carried away, but honestly, I don't know what ending could be happy at this point.

Only followed clips here and there but I'm slightly amused that the palace fighting took the whole episode - I hope there was some progress somehow in some of the minor storylines. Maybe they needed some kind of climatic event to end the ep, and only return of the king was "big" enough short of the everything being resolved today. I guess it was expected  (but still feels like the past 2 eps were some other show) - how to dethrone Gwanghae and get YulMu in this episode and still have enough to tell in the last ep? All conflicts between our leads are gone, so I'm positive they will get their happily ever after outside the palace!

I was looking forward so much to this episode. I was expecting epic reunion between nokdu and dongju but the dang coup take up the whole episode??? :blink: and the king ruin everything in the end....

history is history, we cannot change it, no? They call it the tale of nokdu for a reason. Tale means it is a story told my mouth but never recorded, could be fiction, could be forgotten truth. 

I personally love the fighting scenes. I was excited yesss finally! Fight!! I personally think fight scenes are a must in saeguk drama, and usually missing from korean saeguk, compare to chinese saeguk. It is harder to shoot these fighting scenes than regular scenes. Thus, i see it as improvements that this drama give it a shot.  Kudos to all the cast especially during this time crunch to shot those. They must be very tired. Jang Dong Yoon really impressed me. 

29 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

history is history, we cannot change it, no? They call it the tale of nokdu for a reason. Tale means it is a story told my mouth but never recorded, could be fiction, could be forgotten truth. 

the scriptwriter for Moonlight drawn by the Clouds wrote an ending different from the real history. But i've really no idea how the scriptwriter for TTON will end this... like some of you, i really really do not want Nokdu to be the King. The 2 of them should lead their happy simple life, free from all court politics

22 minutes ago, lovescenario said:

what if the King tries to fool YM? he's plotting something to YM to be arrested so that he can protect his throne/ to protect his son, Nokdu. :ph34r:

That would be some twist. But Gwanghae has been showing himself to be completely irrational and impulsive in all his recent appearances, so squeezing in a redemption at this point seems unlikely? I would be more than happy to be proven wrong in the final episode. We could do with less victories for the villains and more victories for good folks in this drama.

@Ameera Ali Three of the best runners in Joseon! When Yulmu had to face Lady Kim, he could run like the wind. Who needs Dan Ho when you can escape from danger by sheer speed and determination?? And the number of crying scenes far outnumbers the number of kiss/hug scenes between the OTP. I keep reminding myself that the drama is called Joseon Roco Nokdujeon. Aigoo!

Archived