[Drama 2019] Let me hear your song, 너의 노래를 들려줘

0ly40

da67d6b85e44476aa23cec1c7fbe35c6.jpeg?s=

“I Wanna Hear Your Song” Cast Picks 4 Must-Watch Scenes From Drama

Sep 14, 2019
by M. Dang

The stars of KBS’s “I Wanna Hear Your Song” selected their favorite scenes from the drama as it nears its conclusion!

After the broadcast of the drama’s 24th episode last week, “I Wanna Hear Your Song” is barreling through its second half as the mysteries begin to come together and the relationships grow deeper. The main cast ⁠— Yeon Woo Jin, gugudan’s Kim Sejeong, Song Jae Rim, and T-ara’s Jiyeon ⁠— reflected on the developments thus far and shared their picks for the best scenes.

Rest of the article:

http://www.soompi.com/article/1352426wpp/i-wanna-hear-your-song-cast-picks-4-must-watch-scenes-from-drama

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey!   :star:

Thanks for the warm welcome. :heart: It took a while to catch up and read the comments, but I managed to do it and here’s my personal interpretation of things.

Spoiler

Sin-t-tulo1.png

Sin-t-tulo2.pngSin-t-tulo3.png

1 When DH showed up at the morgue he was alone and completely broken. He kept apologizing to JY for not picking up the phone when he called (he hadn’t heard it because he was asleep). There’s no way this scene was just pretense. He was alone. He hasn’t shown signs of DID, so I can’t really see that as a possibility either. :blink:

Sin-t-tulo4.png

2 When JY said “do you want me to make you smile in 10 seconds?” I thought he was saying something his brother had said to him as a kid. JY (Ian) had just drawn YY’s hand on his score to imitate his hyung, so I think he truly loved and admired DH and followed in his footsteps. He just repeated the things his hyung used to say to him, the same way DH does now when he mentions what Ian used to say. It seems pretty plausible that DH was just saying those words to YY because they were the words that used to help Ian feel better when he was scared. In this scene DH was showing concern for YY because this is probably the moment when his feelings for her started changing (the next episode he confessed all the truth). In the warehouse, his glare disappeared, his entire demeanor softened, even his voice grew calm. It was the first time when we saw him being genuine.  

3 JY was so not YY’s boyfriend. The song he’s singing before JW shows up at the warehouse is about a man who can’t express his feelings. He was trying to confess but couldn’t. Another thing, YY looks particularly flustered when JY threatened with telling his “hyung” that she’d said the hand-on-score thing was cheesy. I think she knew that JY and DH were brothers.

Am I the only one who interpreted that “this isn’t a love story” statement differently? We weren’t warned that this isn’t a love story, it was a promise. I understood what YY was saying as a way of catching the audience’s attention: “I promise you this isn’t the typical kdrama love story, don’t change channels, there’s more to it!” TBH, it doesn’t matter how YY/DH’s story ends, it already is a love story. It can end happily or tragically, but the moment these 2 characters fell in love, it became a love story. Personally, I think it will end well for both of them. I think they made Ian not the boyfriend to erase the possible obstacles that could’ve made their potential happy ending weird or complicated. Anyways, their past is what really intrigues me because I’m 100% sure that their bond goes beyond Ian.

Spoiler

Sin-t-tulo5.png

Sin-t-tulo6.png

Sin-t-tulo7.png

Sin-t-tulo8.png

5 YY and DH knew each other before and YY was totally into him back then. YY’s crush on JY is very obvious because the director of the drama made sure all the students in that scene were looking at their paper except for YY. YY is looking at DH and she stares at him for a good while (then she shakes her head because she realizes that she’s running out of time and she has to focus on the exam). I don’t understand the timeline on this show, but I think DH was YY’s TA around the same time YY and JY met (DH had the same haircut). I think she found out her crush was JY’s brother and kept it a secret (in the flashbacks, it looks like she had always observed DH from the sidelines). What caught my attention was that YY’s first official memory was something so ordinary: DH walking in the hall. Such a meaningless memory – past DH in the hall – holds enough importance to be the first thing that returned to her conscious as a memory instead of a nightmare. It’s probably because she cherishes it and it makes her happy.  The rest of her memories are buried because they are sad and gruesome, but her memories of DH came back easily when she heard his real name. Thus, his real name is the key to everything. The writers have kept YY unaware of DH’s name because that’s the main trigger. I’d wager we’ll find out about their past the moment she finds out that “JY’s” name is Do Hoon. She’ll remember him right away.        

6 I'm gonna have to completely disagree with the idea that NJW is not a cruel guy. When the drama started his abusive personality almost cost the life of the lady pianist. Instead of apologizing, he continued mocking and verbally bullying the poor woman even after knowing that she had attempted suicide because of what he'd done to her. Calling it “careless” is quite mild. He was a terrible person. How exactly is NJW’s bullying better than what DH did? DH had actual reasons to be angry, there was a WHY for his actions. Granted, he shouldn’t have done it, but he was blinded by his rage and guilt. NJW never had a valid reason to be cruel and abusive, did he? He just chose to be that way because he could. His position gave him power over a powerless woman and he took advantage of that. He has been quite cruel and that shouldn’t be swept under the rug. DH has apologized to YY, but that’s not something that we can say about NJW. He’s never apologized to EJ or the lady pianist. So, I disagree, NJW has been awfully cruel in multiple occasions.     

6 Another thing… I forgot to mention my hypothesis in my previous post: NJW ordered Bucket Hat to break into YY’s apartment and steal the picture of her and JY. If you re-watch the scene, you will be able to see that YY told NJW she had a picture of her and JY. Surprise surprise, that same night the picture was stolen. On Monday’s episode BH gave NJW the picture at the staircase.

7 I'm with YWJ. I really liked DH's confession at the hospital. I thought the writer was gonna try to ignore his past behavior and erase from the audience’s memory the wrong things he’d done, but I’m so happy she didn’t!! She kept him true to the straightforward guy he is. If he had acted like his feelings were the best thing that ever happened to him, he would’ve been lying and denying the truth. Right now their situation is just painful and hard for both of them. He wants her to know what he feels, what’s on his mind, and he wants YY to know that he never meant to give her “the cold shoulder”. At the same time, he acknowledges that his feelings are burdensome and he doesn’t know what to do or how to handle the situation. He got an A+ in communication skills. Sugarcoating their reality and lying wouldn’t have helped at all.  Even if what you say isn’t what the other person wants to hear, the truth is the way to go. Lies pile up and become a huge snowball that steamroll all over your relationships.

8 I’m super happy that JY & DH’s dad has been trying to find the culprit all along. I’m really glad that he’s after the higher-ups and wants to burn the orchestra to the ground because of what happened to Ian. He’s not a complete trash dad. Their mother, OTOH, I hate.

9 I want more JY/DH scenes! They are my real OTP on this show (even though I do like YY/DH). As someone who loves her siblings to death – people can say whatever they want about me, but my siblings and mother are off limits - I always saw DH as an enraged grief-stricken brother. He was helpless and looking for answers because his “beloved” brother had been killed. BTW, whenever he refers to JY, he often says beloved, adored, and precious. I find that heartbreaking because that’s how much he has always loved his brother. Their relationship was precious to him mainly because JY was the only source of love DH had throughout his life. Of course he’d go hunt down the murderer after realizing that the person who had killed his “adored” brother was trying to get away with it! I’d do the same. 

10 Unlike most people, I never felt YY was in danger with DH – the writers did make a good case for those who believed he was dangerous and creepy, though. Anyways, she had been found in the same place where he found the knife with his brother’s blood. Her family was trying to cover up the evidence. DH’s suspicions were more than justified, IMO. He was logically gonna start with YY. Even though I thought he went about it the wrong way, I knew he was gonna backtrack and change his behavior eventually. I’m glad it happened really early and before it was too late. I’m also very glad the writers remembered to include his apology in the last episode and that it was so heartfelt and honest (in line with his real personality): “I thought that I’ve been giving you a difficult time. I always doubted you. I hated you and kept accusing you. That’s what I did to you. I think I shouldn’t have approached you. I really regret all of it. There could’ve been another way.” :relieved:

11 Again, less tell and more show, show! Why is DH supposedly annoying according to the main timpanist? I’m not saying he isn’t, but I haven’t seen it. He never says a word to his colleagues and he’s never had a conflict with anyone other than EJ and JW. I can’t really piece together what Michael Lee said with what we’ve seen. Do they find him annoying because he never talks or?  BTW, I love that ML and DH are becoming friends. I love that ML figured out that YY was DH’s love. I really enjoy their scenes. I want more. Let the BROTP begin! :glasses:

Ok Spoiler with pictures 1st.. 

Spoiler

201909162252111184651_20190916230531_01_0001046446_001_20190916223233495.jpg?typ201909162218261069024_20190916221718_01_

So the creepy guy was accidentally push by NJW because there was an argument between them.. :unsure: 

HYY remember that night the person who appeared at warehouse was NJW.. Looks their conversation wasn't well and HYY begin suspect NJW. 

JY finally told HYY his real name is JDH and not sure what happened JDH throw the knife to the lake.. JDH try to keep all things about HYY after police visited but someone frame JDH.. The news show JHD been suspect who kill creepy guy and footage of he beat creepy guy at back street. 

There is a footage show that NJW took creepy guy bag.. and NJW keep the ball pen and take the bag to somewhere else.. 

After JDH out from police station he went to meet Prof Song. They have conversation about Ball Pen things and JDH found out that HYY and Kim Ian wasn't a couple.. (I think). 

Finally HYY recall the music that creepy hat guy play for her.. She quickly go back the pub and yes there is something creepy hat guy left there and coincidence Prof Kang walk in.. and that it end of the episode. 

Preview for tomorrow 

5 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@thistle your analysis of Maestro Nam  is very convincing. It is the only possible explanation. But added to it that he caused the death of the man with the hat 

The only thing left is the professor's murdering KI. As I said it will be left till ep. 32 :D

Thanks.  I could, of course, be wrong.  And I often have been about many dramas.  But there is something I really like about NJW, and I truly believe that he's a good person who has been caught in a web of intrigue that he has been unable to escape.  It is unfortunate that he caused the death of Bucket Hat but judging from what I've seen in a video clip it seems that it was not on purpose. 

I haven't seen today's episode yet.  Waiting for subtitles.  Waiting impatiently, actually.  I keep checking the site I use, and there's nothing yet.  

You are undoubtedly correct about Prof. Kang and the timing!  There is still much to be sorted out in the final episodes, so I hope they don't leave everything until the last moment.

Well, I see parts of my theory going up in flames.  But I still have to wonder if NJW was in that warehouse for the sake of love:  maybe he was there for HYY rather than KI.

NJW seemed very hurt by HYY's accusation.  She was his only ally in this mess.  If he had been honest with her, maybe some of the stuff that has gone wrong could have been prevented. 

And I've gotta say that her accusation seemed especially awful:  she knows what it is like to feel unfairly accused but she was doing the same to someone else.  I did not like that at all.  But there is much that she has done that I have not liked or understood.  And, as I've said before, I don't much like JY either, although I am enjoying the mystery in this show.

After yesterday's episode, I was left with an awful feeling of dread that.....

Spoiler

NJW may not survive this drama.  :tears:

For all the times that HYY has innocently accepted JY in spite of the fact that he has gaslighted her and he has accused her and he has gone behind her back to investigate her.....but she has just smiled back and him and liked him anyway, payback has been a long time coming.

Yeah, I actually loved it when Aunt/Mom and Dr. Sister/Cousin told him off and then JY sat there crying alone.

Well-deserved words to JY, especially from the doctor when she told him that HYY couldn't smile anymore since she had been around JY.  You go, Dr. Sister/Cousin!

Of course, HYY will probably forgive him again anyway but I was actually applauding when JY finally heard some home truths.  He has been ticking me off since the beginning.

I know it's just a drama but it's hard not to take some things seriously.  One thing that genuinely bothers me about this drama is that no one trusts anyone else and no one is telling the whole truth to someone.  If somebody just had the guts to share and be real, things would not have gone so very wrong for so many people.  Annoying.  

There are times when I've wondered why I've continued because

• I really don't like the FL (except that she is funny when drunk).
  • I actively dislike the ML (who is Never ever funny or cute at all--it's pretty bad if I'm enjoying watching him be in pain, and I really did enjoy that so much today's episode that I applauded).
  • I cannot tolerate EJ at all and every time I see her, I want to shove EJ's overly large earrings up her nose.
  • I have no idea why there are so many minor side characters that lead utterly nowhere (someone wanna explain why we are dealing with the hints of a triangle between Michael/Jenny/OfficeB?  waste of time, and don't even get me started about why we had to watch HYY's younger BF dancing in episode 2.  pointless.).
  • The only character who is worth anything is Grandma (who is absolutely precious and golden).
  • The one I want to see something good happen for is NJW (because he is misunderstood and not a bad guy at all--Grandma sure loves him, and she is smart enough to know what is what).  

At this point, I just sorta want this drama to be over even though, in a strange way, I have enjoyed it.

15 minutes ago, thistle said:
  • I actively dislike the ML (who is Never ever funny or cute at all-
  • The only character who is worth anything is Grandma (who is absolutely precious and golden).
  • The one I want to see something good happen for is NJW (because he is misunderstood and not a bad guy at all--Grandma sure loves him, and she is smart enough to know what is what).  

I like both the grannie and NJW too :) 

JY is too grim, I don't like him, I know his brother was killed, but really I don't like him. HYY is too innocent, poor girl

as for the romance of HYY and JY, it is not very interesting to me.

the mystery is dragging for too long

1 hour ago, thistle said:

For all the times that HYY has innocently accepted JY in spite of the fact that he has gaslighted her and he has accused her and he has gone behind her back to investigate her.....but she has just smiled back and him and liked him anyway, payback has been a long time coming.

Yeah, I actually loved it when Aunt/Mom and Dr. Sister/Cousin told him off and then JY sat there crying alone.

Well-deserved words to JY, especially from the doctor when she told him that HYY couldn't smile anymore since she had been around JY.  You go, Dr. Sister/Cousin!

Of course, HYY will probably forgive him again anyway but I was actually applauding when JY finally heard some home truths.  He has been ticking me off since the beginning.

I know it's just a drama but it's hard not to take some things seriously.  One thing that genuinely bothers me about this drama is that no one trusts anyone else and no one is telling the whole truth to someone.  If somebody just had the guts to share and be real, things would not have gone so very wrong for so many people.  Annoying.  

There are times when I've wondered why I've continued because

• I really don't like the FL (except that she is funny when drunk).
  • I actively dislike the ML (who is Never ever funny or cute at all--it's pretty bad if I'm enjoying watching him be in pain, and I really did enjoy that so much today's episode that I applauded).
  • I cannot tolerate EJ at all and every time I see her, I want to shove EJ's overly large earrings up her nose.
  • I have no idea why there are so many minor side characters that lead utterly nowhere (someone wanna explain why we are dealing with the hints of a triangle between Michael/Jenny/OfficeB?  waste of time, and don't even get me started about why we had to watch HYY's younger BF dancing in episode 2.  pointless.).

At this point, I just sorta want this drama to be over even though, in a strange way, I have enjoyed it.

This is definitely one of those "Love to Hate" kind of shows. I am wondering too why I keep tuning in to find out what happens next. Either I have OCD and am com pulsed to see it finished, or a Masochist enjoying the pain that this show is pulling me through, or even *gasp* the stinkin' writer is good enough to write a compelling story despite how terrible it is.

What ever one it is that keeps me coming, I know one thing for certain.... I'm never going to think about classical music, orchestras or the timpani without the thought of murder, lies and deception running through my head. 

Also, may I never name my child Ian...after this show, there is bad JuJu there.

15 minutes ago, guinearoyal said:

Either I have OCD and am com pulsed to see it finished, or a Masochist enjoying the pain that this show is pulling me through

I have asked myself precisely those same questions.  And finally decided that the answer was Masochist.  :P Should be my middle name after slogging through this show.

I wanted to like this drama.  Really.  It's NJW that kept me coming back for more.  And Grandma, of course.

16 minutes ago, guinearoyal said:

Also, may I never name my child Ian...after this show, there is bad JuJu there.

Oh noes!  My teddy bear is named Ian!  Well, the teddy has had the name for more than 15 years, too late to change now; guess I'll have to live with it.  Bad juju?  Probably.  No wonder my cats beat him and knock the fake-fur off of him all the time.  :D

NJW sure isnt  some good person on any scale he kill the guy by accident of course but he did not report it  to the police now did he?

Innocent people can go to jail for his inaction he plays just as many games as well .

Again I dont see how  JY should act any other way with his brothers death he is doing what he suppose to this isn't some happy revenge. HYY would be the same way I imagine if she  could remember everything from the beginning.

She is  tired to find out the truth just the same as he did as she started to remember.

For some reason, this drama is running in circles at least to me. When it was revealed that Jang Yoon was using Ian's name.. I said aloud, "I thought we've been through this..?!" LoL Idk:lol::P

So Ian was in a one-sided crush with Yi Young? This entire time I was under impression they were an item. I have a suspicion the guy she was into was Do Hoon. Was hoping it would be Maestro Nam...'cause I just feel bad for the actor Jae Rim personally ha-ha! He just seem so unlucky with the ladies...:(

This drama's turning into a soap opera:lol: it's goin' on for far too long<_< Oh I'm lovin' Violinist Ha's earrings!

Archived