[Drama 2019] Let me hear your song, 너의 노래를 들려줘

0ly40

I'm wondering about a very small moment that perhaps no one has commented on yet: 

when the Cranky Timpanist Guy was comforting/hugging the Screaming Office B, HYY's cello friend Jenny saw them through the window and seemed quite upset.  Why?  

(sorry but I can't recall the names of these two characters so I'm calling them what I think of them) 

Is Jenny upset because she likes Cranky Timpanist Guy?  Or is it something else?

19 minutes ago, Shine Son said:

• Yu Da is beginning to get on my nerves... :/ Could she be Yi Young's close friend in the orchestra?

I wondered about that.  But then I thought that perhaps it could be the Older Violin Lady.  (again, I haven't got a name for the character--honestly I just can't recall names!  :blink: so frustrating. )

Anyway, Yu Da has to be someone that others trust and would never suspect because Yu Da has to be able to "fly under the radar" to get close enough to observe without being observed. 

The person who is most likely to be trusted and ignored is a sunbae who appears to be no threat.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, thistle said:

I'm wondering about a very small moment that perhaps no one has commented on yet: 

when the Cranky Timpanist Guy was comforting/hugging the Screaming Office B, HYY's cello friend Jenny saw them through the window and seemed quite upset.  Why?  

Isn't the cranky timpanist guy married and his wife is supposedly overseas somewhere? Could the wife be a friend?

6 hours ago, dito said:

I think we are being mislead about a lot of things. Mainly regarding HYY....her feelings, her actions, or whether it was JDH or KI she liked. Everything we are told can't be confirmed or denied by YY right now. So we are left to mull over what others are saying about it all...which then depends on their own perspectives. So not 100% correct.

Few doubts of mine...

If HYY liked KI and was dating him, why does no one in the family or her group know about it....the super nosy gossip poster...or even HYY's bestie or her cousin don't seem as if they are hiding this fact from HYY.

I have wondered about this too. In particular in that wouldn't she have had evidence somewhere that she and Ian had dated? So far the only evidence is coming from outside sources. Where are the pictures on her phone or in her home? Other than someone coming in and stealing them, which is possible with the recent break-ins we have been seeing with her. 

I have thought that it could be understandable if her family didn't know about her dating if she is known to be very private. For example, did her family know about her idol-wanna-be ex boyfriend? But if her closest friends did not know, then that is saying something as I do know her friends knew about her previous ex-boyfriend, so why wouldn't they know about Ian? 

2 hours ago, guinearoyal said:

the only evidence is coming from outside sources. Where are the pictures on her phone or in her home? Other than someone coming in and stealing them, which is possible with the recent break-ins we have been seeing with her. 

I have thought that it could be understandable if her family didn't know about her dating if she is known to be very private. For example, did her family know about her idol-wanna-be ex boyfriend? But if her closest friends did not know, then that is saying something as I do know her friends knew about her previous ex-boyfriend, so why wouldn't they know about Ian? 

Exactly! Where are the traces in her life of her love life from a year ago. Though I admit it's possible her family removed everything that could lead YY to ask about KI....

I think her cousin knew about her idol wannabe boy friend. She was warning YY about his cheating or something in 1st episode.

9 minutes ago, dito said:

I think her cousin knew about her idol wannabe boy friend. She was warning YY about his cheating or something in 1st episode.

In the first episode, the boyfriend that the cousin warned HYY about was the guy who cheated with her violinist friend EJ.  She wasn't talking about Kim Ian. 

I just re-watched episode 1 yesterday so I recall that clearly.  HYY was telling everyone how great her boyfriend was but he turned out to be a creep.

I have also found it very odd that no one seems to say anything to HYY about her missing time, especially Jenny who should surely know something since they seem so close.  

42 minutes ago, thistle said:

In the first episode, the boyfriend that the cousin warned HYY about was the guy who cheated with her violinist friend EJ.  She wasn't talking about Kim Ian. 

I just re-watched episode 1 yesterday so I recall that clearly.  HYY was telling everyone how great her boyfriend was but he turned out to be a creep.

I have also found it very odd that no one seems to say anything to HYY about her missing time, especially Jenny who should surely know something since they seem so close.  

Yeah, that's what I said. The bf who cheated on her with HEJ, he wants to be an idol....the cousin knew about him. So if KI had been her bf, YY would have told her.

I keep rewatching first 2 episodes too....they had a much better narrative than recent ones.

1 hour ago, dito said:

Yeah, that's what I said.

Sorry.  Somehow I'd thought you meant Kim Ian.  Not the first time I've gotten something wrong; surely won't be the last either.  ^_^

1 hour ago, dito said:

I keep rewatching first 2 episodes too....they had a much better narrative than recent ones.

This was my first re-watch.  The show really has changed very much since the first two episodes.

6 hours ago, Shine Son said:

So... After the 16th episode, the clouds get less hazier.

• Eun Ju seems to know much about the past and is now trying to use that knowledge for her own advantage. She's one undefeatable woman! Whatever secret the higher-ups of the Philharmonic is keeping, Eun Ju now seems to be getting closer to. I hope at one point, she becomes Yi Young's ally in finding out the truth about what really happened to Kim Ian.

• Yu Da is beginning to get on my nerves... :/ Could she be Yi Young's close friend in the orchestra?

• This scene:

Had a ballad for its BGM and I found it a little unusual. Haha. Well, I do know the context, but I still find it weird. ^^'

• The writers are doing a good job of creating a maze in our heads about this drama. xD

• I hope we'll get to see the trailer for the next episode soon. (I'll go and check out Naver TV often...)

I finally caught up and there's soo much going on in the drama. I agree to that Ha Eun Ju will find the truth and use it as an advantage. She's the first to figure out that Jang Yoon's real name is Jang Do Hoon and knowing that Nam Joo Wan has something tied to Ian's death. She will later become a help to Hong Yi Young. 

6 hours ago, thistle said:

I wondered about that.  But then I thought that perhaps it could be the Older Violin Lady.  (again, I haven't got a name for the character--honestly I just can't recall names!  :blink: so frustrating. )

Anyway, Yu Da has to be someone that others trust and would never suspect because Yu Da has to be able to "fly under the radar" to get close enough to observe without being observed. 

The person who is most likely to be trusted and ignored is a sunbae who appears to be no threat.

I really have no clue who Yu Da can be, but I think it's the clarinet lady. She seems to be knowing every rumor about everyone. 

a50fdPb.jpg

There's no preview for next week. I hope Jang Yoon is going to be ok. 

2 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

I really have no clue who Yu Da can be, but I think it's the clarinet lady. She seems to be knowing every rumor about everyone. 

Yes!  I meant the clarinet lady.  Besides not remembering names, it seems I can't recall instruments either.  :lol:  Bad me.

Watched episode 2 again today, and she really seemed like a likely suspect there.

........editing to add that I noticed a very subtle interesting detail in episode 3:

EJ asks NJW  why he hired YJ to play piano even though he hasn't even had an audition.  NJW heard him playing on the way to the audition.  EJ asks if YJ's piano technique reminds him of someone.....so NJW starts remembering another person's hands playing the piano, and that person is wearing the ring that Kim Ian was wearing when he died.

EJ seems to know a lot about what is going on, and she's willing to shake things up to  make stuff happen.  I am now suspecting that she slept with HYY's boyfriend to make them break up.

-----Another detail from episode 3:  when YJ goes back to his new apartment there's a note telling him that his stuff has been unpacked and that the piano tuner has been there.  Who was the note from?  Presumably this was the Go-To-Guy who works for his father.

So if YJ had enough money to live in a fancy high-rise in episodes 1 & 2 and if he's got access to his father's Go-To-Guy, why has he been working as a waiter in an Italian restaurant?  Is YJ rich or not?  Does he have his father's backing or not?  If he doesn't, then why is Go-To-Guy helping YJ?

Also, that apartment below HYY's had someone living in it before (the lights were on in episode 1), so did YJ pay that person to move out?  

...........okay, these are meaningless details but small stuff like this drives me crazy when I'm trying to figure out what is going on.

And re-watching has just shown me how really hateful YJ has behaved thus far.  He might seem nice but is very angry and he has been really rough towards HYY.  She is just ignoring that for reasons I cannot understand.

I'm gonna continue my re-watch but I will probably just get even more annoyed with YJ than I already have been.  I wanted to like him but I can't.

12 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

The music in first 15 minutes by Jang yoon is Tchaikovsky's piano concerto

@Heidi Seow 

Reveal hidden contents

I liked the hug scene with Maestro Nam :D 

Oh Thank you so much @nohamahamoud2002 please do imposing us about all music. All music from this drama is classic. Please do continue share out ya :kiss_wink:

@nohamahamoud2002

Spoiler

I like NJW's hug too! It show how much thankful is. :wub: I saw from viewer said they shipped him with Sejeong :D what do u think? 

On 8/28/2019 at 2:35 AM, rabbit0901 said:

Hi, I've been lurking for the past few weeks and want to share some of my theories after today's episode.

-Maybe there isn't only one person who's behind the murder, but many people are involved specifically some of the orchestra members and the people from the management. It reminds me of the movie 'Murder On The Orient Express' where the detective was looking for one murderer but it turns out that all of the passengers on the train planned the murder intricately.

I like your thought @rabbit0901 Indeed we might need think big picture behind this mystery case. 

I dont think "the ring" is the item that they are looking for. So far DH found a ball pen(could be a recorder), a piece of paper (like receipt) and there is leather note book inside piano chair from earlier episode (when DH sang 2am "This Song"). The leather note book is not appear at recently episode. :unsure: 

For the gossip forum, could be the senior Wang Mi-Hyang (clarinet lady), Yoon Mi-Rae assistance Yang Soo-Jung, Or Jenny? :blink: Btw Jenny like Michael Lee that why she feel shocked when she saw Michael hug Yoon Mi-Rae. Michael's wife currently at oversea now. It seems like they are in separate situation now. 

Seriously I wonder how bad is YY's facial memorise, why she cant remember DH from the college time? Or izzit this is happened on that 3 months period (memory lost)? :unsure: And now they gave us memory recall at college side that she see him before.. Actually I'm really confusing on DH's behaviour in ep7 & 8. Neither Close or distant to YY. And he avoid YY's questions after gossip case. :unsure: He seems like wanna say out something but couldn't.. I wonder what's he gonna tell YY on last episode, their relationship (earlier time)? Confession? 

Btw, anybody know that why DH said "I'm Sorry" to JY(Ian)? Izzit because of regret? Or that night, JY call for help but DH didn't notice it? That's why he feel sorry to him?  

22 hours ago, thistle said:

Who was JY talking to on the phone in today's episode?  He said that they should work together now.

It seems like DH is talking with Choi Ki-sang from the phone (maybe not) Coz DH calling that person "Hyung".

For some reason, I really hope HEJ give up on NJW. Feel sad when she heard NJW said he interested on YY. :tears: 

6 hours ago, Heidi Seow said:

Hide contents

I like NJW's hug too! It show how much thankful is. :wub: I saw from viewer said they shipped him with Sejeong :D what do u think?

I  like  their chemistry  very much but 

Spoiler

Maestro Nam is hiding something. He knows what happened and feels guilty, because he really likes Yiyoung.

As for the music

Spoiler

I have been listening to Classical music for more than 25 years, I love it so much.

21 hours ago, thistle said:

Now I'm beginning to recall NJW's clumsy former assistant... She's so under the radar. She might have had unpleasant experiences working for both NJW and Ms. Yoon (did I remember that right?) and maybe was often pushed over by other folks from the orchestra, and is thinking of getting back at them. But maybe not.

~~~

Slightly off-topic. But I'd like to share with you something as a fan of Son Ho-jun and as someone who admires how good an actress Park Ji-yeon is:

Thanks. ^^

6 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Hide contents

Maestro Nam is hiding something. He knows what happened and feels guilty, because he really likes Yiyoung.

As for the music

Hide contents

I have been listening to Classical music for more than 25 years, I love it so much.

Wow! is amazing @nohamahamoud2002 ~ I like some of classical music but always forgot the name:sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

For sure Maestro Nam is hiding something. But I do hope he is not the bad guy. Coz is Song Jae-Rim :tears:

21 minutes ago, Shine Son said:

Now I'm beginning to recall NJW's clumsy former assistant... She's so under the radar. She might have had unpleasant experiences working for both NJW and Ms. Yoon (did I remember that right?) and maybe was often pushed over by other folks from the orchestra, and is thinking of getting back at them. But maybe not.

Good catch.  That could be her--she certainly has reasons to retaliate.

When I was re-watching yesterday, I had an odd idea:  What if Yu Da is YJ?  He has his father's Go-To-Guy at his beck and call.  Whoever Yu Da is, it has to be a person with some time to waste following people around or else someone who is notified that something was likely to happen with the person being targeted.  Who knew that NJW and HYY were at the Italian restaurant?  YJ certainly knew.  And when the pictures appeared in the email, YJ's picture was there as well.  The best place to hide is in plain sight so, of course, YJ would be there.

With this thought in mind, what if NJW is Yu Da?  He also has the ability to hire someone to do the dirty work.  He is trying to shake things up with the symphony, and there is no better way to do that than those Yu Da emails.  He began shaking things up by firing the pianist.  And he's willing to go to any lengths to continue keeping the orchestra on its toes (like wearing a costume and making them play outside and making other unexpected demands).  His other main goal (the way I see it) is to protect HYY.  One way of doing this is to keep other people away from her.  Once she is seen as NJW's "poodle" the orchestra members are bound to shun her, as indeed they have been.

Just curious:  Does anyone know what Yu Da means in Korean?

6 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Hide contents

As for the music

Hide contents

Wow! is amazing @nohamahamoud2002 ~ I like some of classical music but always forgot the name:sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

For sure Maestro Nam is hiding something. But I do hope he is not the bad guy. Coz is Song Jae-Rim :tears:

So I re-watched the latest episodes to see if there was something I could gleen from it. 

And I thought it was curious that while she was in the warehouse talking to the guy in the hat, he said that because she didn't remember anything could be the reason "the higher-ups let her live" and that they were looking for an item. 

This suggests to me that YY is innocent and got dragged into something Ian got involved with. Clearly what ever item they are looking for, it contains evidence of what ever wrong doing they are up to and they are willing to kill for it. 

Next, I think her talk with her cousin was enlightening in that in her professional opinion, YY did not actually murder Ian, but thinks she did. Could have there been a scuffle with the bad guys and Ian got stabbed by accident? 

Also, JY's "Hyung" seems a bit suspisious to me and a bit untrustworther as JY appears to be losing faith in what he has to say about the incident. He apparently knows more about certain things than he is letting on and may actually be involved in some way.

51 minutes ago, guinearoyal said:

So I re-watched the latest episodes to see if there was something I could gleen from it. 

And I thought it was curious that while she was in the warehouse talking to the guy in the hat, he said that because she didn't remember anything could be the reason "the higher-ups let her live" and that they were looking for an item. 

This suggests to me that YY is innocent and got dragged into something Ian got involved with. Clearly what ever item they are looking for, it contains evidence of what ever wrong doing they are up to and they are willing to kill for it. 

Next, I think her talk with her cousin was enlightening in that in her professional opinion, YY did not actually murder Ian, but thinks she did. Could have there been a scuffle with the bad guys and Ian got stabbed by accident? 

Also, JY's "Hyung" seems a bit suspisious to me and a bit untrustworther as JY appears to be losing faith in what he has to say about the incident. He apparently knows more about certain things than he is letting on and may actually be involved in some way.

About the "higher-ups" I'm guessing it's probably JY's father, because he has a lot of pulls, that's why HEJ went to him to help her or else she's going to reveal about his sons. It's probably been kept a secret about Ian and JY being brothers, that's why they were separate at young age.

That item, I think it's the pen that JY has. Remember he collected all of Ian's stuff after he pass, It's probably the pen is a recording or a usb. Remember in Gentlemen's Dignity, the main guy had a pen that recorded stuff for him, because he can't remember after 48 hours. So he carries a pen that has a recorder inside that records his daily stuff. I think Ian stole that or he probably used it to record a conversation with the "higher ups."

As for HYY's case, she didn't kill Ian, it's all an illusion that they probably put in her head and she just happen to be with Ian the night they were going to kill her. She was a witness, but because she forgot her memories they let her go.

This is just my guess.

4 hours ago, Heidi Seow said:

Reveal hidden contents

@Heidi Seow

Spoiler

It is natural to forget the names of pieces :) but since I read so much about music and always looked for the works online, even downloaded lots of the pieces, I do know the names :)  :wub:

as for the Maestro, his girlfriend the violinist warned Yiyoung about him, which is strange, I thought she would be jealous only, but I think she knows the Maestro  well

6 hours ago, thistle said:

Just curious:  Does anyone know what Yu Da means in Korean?

OMG. :-O Thanks for asking. It certainly tells that the gossipmonger is part of the orchestra. 유다 (Yu Da) is translated by Papago as "Judas". Look for the one who would give that betraying kiss. =|

Yu Da sounds like s/he has been around Shinyoung Philharmonic for a long time. Although, it could also be possible that NJW, though he has just joined them, could have been lurking in the dark around the group. 

On 8/27/2019 at 4:09 PM, Shine Son said:

- the classical music is a big reason for me to enjoy the drama. It enlivens me!

same for me

I hope there will be more rehearsals for the Orchestra 

but what happened to Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique? I don't hear them practicing it,  or did I miss something?

by the way, the French composer Hector Berlioz wrote this symphony inspired by his story with his beloved, the Shakespearen actress Harriet Smithson, who rejected  him, he planned to disguise himself as a maid, kill her with poison, then commit suicide, but changed his mind later on :)

Maestro Nam is really crazy like Berlioz,  I feel there is some madness and danger in him

Archived