[Drama 2019] Let me hear your song, 너의 노래를 들려줘

0ly40

38 minutes ago, Heidi Seow said:

Actually this drama plot remind me of The Ghost Detective.

I liked Ghost Detective somewhat and I followed it.  But

Spoiler

it made me angrier than any drama has ever done because of the ending--a year later, I am still furious.  I sincerely pray that Hear Your Song is absolutely Nothing like that.  I do Not wanna see another hopelessly and damned dead male lead.  I will flip tables!!!!!

We were told twice clearly in the first episode that this would not be a romance, so

Spoiler

I think we can't afford to forget that until we reach the finale....What if this has an unhappy ending?  What if someone ends up dead?  What if it is JY?

JY is Not the good guy that we would all like to believe he could be.  Remember how he got just a bit violent with EJ when he thought she was threatening HYY?  Remember how he purposely and cruelly gaslighted HYY over and over again?  He has been very dodgy and very sneaky in many ways, so that I feel that he can't be trusted.  He needs to prove that he is better than his past actions have shown him to be.

Do I wanna believe in the romance?  Sure.  But do I really?  No.  I still find it rather queasy--HYY is too naive and YJ is too manipulative.

..............and just saying:  I was right about Dr. Sister's blind date being Go-To-Guy.  I actually checked on that the other day by doing a FF re-watch.  Seems like she catches him plotting with YJ in today's episode (which I watched raw--no idea what they were saying).  That's gonna be interesting.  I really hope she realizes that Go-To has been using her.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, thistle said:

I liked Ghost Detective somewhat and I followed it.  But

Hide contents

it made me angrier than any drama has ever done because of the ending--a year later, I am still furious.  I sincerely pray that Hear Your Song is absolutely Nothing like that.  I do Not wanna see another hopelessly and damned dead male lead.  I will flip tables!!!!!

We were told twice clearly in the first episode that this would not be a romance, so

Hide contents

I think we can't afford to forget that until we reach the finale....What if this has an unhappy ending?  What if someone ends up dead?  What if it is JY?

JY is Not the good guy that we would all like to believe he could be.  Remember how he got just a bit violent with EJ when he thought she was threatening HYY?  Remember how he purposely and cruelly gaslighted HYY over and over again?  He has been very dodgy and very sneaky in many ways, so that I feel that he can't be trusted.  He needs to prove that he is better than his past actions have shown him to be.

Do I wanna believe in the romance?  Sure.  But do I really?  No.  I still find it rather queasy--HYY is too naive and YJ is too manipulative.

..............and just saying:  I was right about Dr. Sister's blind date being Go-To-Guy.  I actually checked on that the other day by doing a FF re-watch.  Seems like she catches him plotting with YJ in today's episode (which I watched raw--no idea what they were saying).  That's gonna be interesting.  I really hope she realizes that Go-To has been using her.

Eh you keep saying this but really he thought she killed she brother not sure what you expected honesty.

As he got close to her his feeling of course got all jumble up you can falling i love with  the person you think killed your brother? killer? What is he suppose to do here who is anyone suppose to act?

Not to mention people around them not being truthful making it worse.

16 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

not sure what you expected honesty.

You've disagreed with me on other drama threads.  No surprise.  We just think differently.  That's a plus when discussing dramas because we get to see other views.  I do appreciate that you have a point but I cannot agree with it.  

What I expect is for a relationship to make sense.  This one does not.  Yet.  They still have several episodes to sort things out.   

It is very tempting to get caught up in JY and HYY's romance because the actors have some good chemistry.  But that is not enough.   She knows that he has gaslighted her.  He needs to apologize.  Even though he may have had a "reason" that is still No excuse for what he did.

Did anyone recognize the violin piece in ep 11? The first minute??

I suspect it is Bach. Wonderful music.

Any suggestions? ?

@dramaninja I really think the romance of Yiyoung and Jang Yoon will work out, she is innocent and they already don't have secrets, so it will run smooth in the end, she just needs to regain her memory  :)

really love doesn't have to have a reason, it just happens, and I think she already forgave him. I know you are always defending the OTP :D

@thistle I  see your point . I am not very romantic most of the time, so I understand what you mean, but I don't think Jang yoon is evil, he just wants to know what happened to his brother. He approached her to know what happened, but instead he fell in love with her and for that reason he told her the truth.

Personally I like Maestro Nam, he has a wonderful sense of humor :D

the mystery is revealing soooo slowly 

Hey friends,  Do you think Maestro Nam is the killer? ????

On Episode 21:

This is all I have to say for now:

Nam Ju Wan looked creepy during that long pause before the concert started. Gave me feels from Lee Dong-wook's character in Hell is Other People. :crazy:

Oh, and... It seems there are two suspects to the death of Mr. Scar Hand. (I always forget his name...). NJW and Professor Kang.

I say it's Professor Kang. They only made it appear more like NJW but I think it's that big jerk.

Thanks.

@philosophie I think she might in frustrated wan to know the answer on that night.. Might be can't notice well.. When U in nervous or frustration you cant concentrate well what happened surrounding you.. 

@thistle I remember we were keep flipping table every single week even come to finale.. But I think Hear your song won't happen la.. I think.. Coz this is not ghost/ dead man drama.. Unless the JY is the illusion for HYY :sweatingbullets: Can't be right.. Coz they didnt mention this is fantasy drama.. 

Oh @nohamahamoud2002 the violin music is from 24 Caprices, Op1, No.24 In a Mirror: Tema Quasi Presto by Leonidas Kavakos. Found it by music app.. Thanks god.. :D

Yes @Shine Son, Indeed he looks creepy at office when he found HYY at there with his voice.. Seriously I hope he is not gonna hurt her.. Please explain what happened on that night.. I still believe you are not the killer.. 

Here is my thoughts on JY, I know he been searching for the truth seen the night that Kim Ian dead.. and the only survivor is HYY.. As a close relative and the person he love and care for sure he will target HYY to know the truth. Yes indeed at the first beginning he does believe HYY is the murderer but like before someone mentioned at the first night they meet at outside while raining. He face is fierce and doesn't close to her or touch her even she fainted.. But who send her back to hospital, we have no idea.. But for recent episode he did mentioned "I'm sorry" to HYY (When both said "I'm Sorry to each other) This part really meaning alot.. I'm sorry that I helpless, I'm sorry that I thought you were the murderer.. But of course not to mentioned on HYY part.. :tears:  

Actually I'm curious what was happened between a year right before they meet at convenience store.. He lost her trace after HYY discharge from hospital? What was he doing in that a year? Actually I keep saw a lot ppl said JY is HYY's first love when she was in college and JY was a TA... But I dont get it.. Did I miss something?? :blink:

So HYY's cousin found out that Assistance Choi know JY and of course asking alot questions why he checked on her.. Well HYY's cousin is an easy person.. Sure you know what will happened la.. :sweatingbullets:

I'm still watching with sub.. will be back to discuss after I finish.. 

@nohamahamoud2002  I still stand by what I said before. That this young but talented country boy wanted to reach his dreams in a hurry and resorted to the help of someone like Professor Kang just to get there.

He agreed to whatever plan was laid for him to become conductor but things got complicated.

It's more likely that what was intended was only to injure Kim Ian (so won't be able to do his work as conductor any more) but he accidentally discovered something that endangered his life. A secret he was better off not knowing.

Maybe the abduction of Kim Ian and Hong Yi Young was only to scare the guy but unaware of whatever plan [Professor Kang] had in mind, NJW felt guilty and wanted to rescue them both but his 'butting in' caused even greater trouble, resulting to the death of Kim Ian and the dissociative amnesia of HYY.

NJW never intended to hurt anyone but he was too scared of whatever consequences there may be if he told anyone the truth; consequences to his career or his own life. That's probably why he felt guilty.

@Heidi Seow I think NJW is also a victim here, in some ways. But he might have made decisions that made him look like a bad person. I hope that somehow things will turn out well for him in the end.

22 hours ago, thistle said:

Really you think so? Like I said, I think his character is lacking in terms of development as we've got very little about his life before... What I assumed made him a bit dark was his guilt that is consuming him for not having been there for his brother. We saw how hurt he is when he cried for not being able to get the money to get the info he needed to find out what happened.

But rest assured since he does apologize in the last episode about that to HYY! :)

I think we are missing a lot of things about him:

- how was his childhood? I guess it must have been hard since he was a TA in economics though he plays the piano so well. Did his father prevent him from playing after his mother left? Did he have to follow his father's dream for him?

- what happened in that year between his death and when he approached HYY?

- why did he not pick up when KI called him?

Now more comments about the new episode...

I am starting to doubt that NJW is a good guy... I do think he is in some way, especially since we get a lot of scenes with the grandmother so the writers are making sure we get to see his human/tormented side... and yet...

I actually think that he might not have killed KI, but he probably killed Y, no?

He totally knew that JY was following him when he went to see Prof Kang and set up the conversation in such a way that JY would think Prof is responsible.

He seemed so creepy when facing HYY at the end...

I do not have a good feeling about it all...

I am worried about HEJ who is too clever for her own good... She managed to put the pieces well together!

8 hours ago, Shine Son said:

Maybe the abduction of Kim Ian and Hong Yi Young was only to scare the guy but unaware of whatever plan [Professor Kang] had in mind, NJW felt guilty and wanted to rescue them both but his 'butting in' caused even greater trouble, resulting to the death of Kim Ian and the dissociative amnesia of HYY.

Yep, I think we can all agree to that, no?

9 hours ago, Pipi said:

Can someone please tell me whats the background piano music that causes suspense?

It is the original score of the drama :) composed by Korean musician, just like the OST

@Heidi Seow thank you dear friend, actually the name you mentioned,  Leonidas Kavakos, is the Greek violinist who played the piece, but he didn't compose it. You helped me find the piece itself

The Caprice is no. 24 by Italian composer Niccolo Paganini, the devil of the violin, he is legendary violinist and romantic composer, from 19th century. I used to listen to him in the past back in 1999 :) 

Spoiler

Why there is no button for "AGREE" ??  :sweatingbullets: So I press "Love" as agree for you guys!. 

Me too @Shine Son, look at the way when he mentioned Ian was his most precious junior, 10 years friendship and the only friend in England... His eyes, almost wanna cry and face so pale.. :tears: Seriously I dont think he is the killer..  

Me too  @nohamahamoud2002 NJW is like a atmosphere maker.. So I believe he is innocent. 

The violinist HEJ, I not sure what is her motive but we shall see soon.. 

@Pipi , all awesome background music will come out in Original Soundtrack after drama end.. usually will takes around 1-2 week to release.. I hope they will release early because I really like so much.. :wub: Definitely will collect it. 

11 hours ago, carolinedl said:

I think we are missing a lot of things about him:

- how was his childhood? I guess it must have been hard since he was a TA in economics though he plays the piano so well. Did his father prevent him from playing after his mother left? Did he have to follow his father's dream for him?

- what happened in that year between his death and when he approached HYY?

- why did he not pick up when KI called him?

I am starting to doubt that NJW is a good guy... I do think he is in some way, especially since we get a lot of scenes with the grandmother so the writers are making sure we get to see his human/tormented side... and yet...

I actually think that he might not have killed KI, but he probably killed Y, no?

He totally knew that JY was following him when he went to see Prof Kang and set up the conversation in such a way that JY would think Prof is responsible.

He seemed so creepy when facing HYY at the end...

I do not have a good feeling about it all...

I am worried about HEJ who is too clever for her own good... She managed to put the pieces well together!

Yep, I think we can all agree to that, no?

@carolinedl The apologies scene really painful for both side.. Recent 2 episodes JY really said many times of "Sorry" Actually he really care on HYY even he was mad on ball pen part but still he make sure HYY is calm and safe which is I kinda like it.. 

Is true that we dont have much infos on JY's background.. Seriously I hope they gonna show his background soon.. Otherwise is like a mystery man for us.. (although I know this mystery drama :sweatingbullets:)

Totally agree chingu, all we need is the final CONFIRM answer on finale.. Dont think it will show us on next week.. Unless writer-nim will give full body sweetness and happiness on finale episode. B)

I think that night they just wanna kidnapped Ian and HYY(accidentally involved) for some reason but but killing is not in the part of the plan.. But maybe there might have some argument happened then tragedy happened.. 

I don't think NJW killed Y, might be someone else.. :unsure: What if, the real murder is someone else that we never thought before.. Coz as drama traditional standard, Villain/murderer won't appears on Official drama poster actually.. :sweatingbullets:Since all for of them was on poster, so the villain/murderer should be someone else.... 

11 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Such a cliche scene...:D

But, I like it...:wub:

Hahaha I always enjoy this part @rocher22, never bored.. They sweet moment, awesome. :wub:

Hahaha, most welcome dear @nohamahamoud2002 But you found the composer version.. I think I did heard this music before but no sure where.. maybe from movies I guess.. 

Like I said, I do not think NJW killed KI but it is a bit more complicated in the case of creepy guy... he has a lot to lose at this point. Dunno...

I also really like him and especially the moments he has with his grandmother.

6 hours ago, Heidi Seow said:

I don't think NJW killed Y, might be someone else.. :unsure: What if, the real murder is someone else that we never thought before.. Coz as drama traditional standard, Villain/murderer won't appears on Official drama poster actually.. :sweatingbullets:Since all for of them was on poster, so the villain/murderer should be someone else.... 

I actually have been thinking about this as well lately, hence why I brought up Yoon last time. She is awfully protective of NJW and seems to be able to go quite far for the orchestra. She is also very clever in terms of positioning herself with the chairwoman, etc. I do not want her to be the culprit but I am still puzzled by her investment in NJW and the orchestra.

WoW. Yi-Young's really, I don't know...dense LoL?:P#SorryNotSorry 

That part time worker who got axed has a thing for Elton John huh:lol: This drama has me confused like I don't even know what's goin' on anymore.. I do like Maestro Nam's grandma bein' affectionate with Yi-Young, she even calls her, minion ha-ha! The grandma also bring out a different side to Maestro Nam.. he seem almost human?:w00t:

Can I just say while I wished Violinist Ha eats a whole burger, I LOVE her hair & style! She's such a girl crush too.:kiss_wink: 

Okay, I've been thinking again (yes, again :P )  and my basic theory about what has happened is the same.  It has expanded somewhat but it is still the same.  I'm taking a lot of clues from the drama but I'm putting them together the way I would do if I were writing the action based on what we've seen so far.  Yeah, prepare yourself:  I'm about to write another War & Peace length post.  Apologies!  (My excuse:  the AC is off at my house; it's 90 degrees inside; it's steamy like a bad sauna every afternoon, and I've got nothing better to do that watch dramas and over-think.)

NJW and KI were in love.

KI would have wanted to keep the embarrassing truth about his orientation from JY--hence why he told JY he was in love with "someone" and then left clues that would make JY think it was HYY.  Both he and NJW would have needed to conceal the secret in any case because it would have caused problems for them as public figures.

KI became good friends with HYY and used her as his "beard" so that his brother JY would not know about his real relationship.   HYY may have agreed to this.....but I'm just guessing there.  However, she seems like the sort of person who would do this and we know she is capable of keeping secrets because we have seen her do so.

NJW is tremendously good at keeping secrets himself.  However, since KI was his "only friend" for ten years  he probably knew that NJW had been used to launder money in order to pay his way to getting an international education.  

When they returned to Korea, Prof. Kang probably was putting a lot of pressure on NJW to do more dirty work.  I am guessing that KI decided to try to save NJW by stealing that pen.  But then KI let HYY ride in the car with him so she was caught up in the web, too.  And things just cascaded from there.

NJW saw that KI and HYY were in trouble, so he tried to sneak into the warehouse to rescue them and then things went very, very wrong.  HYY was already on the verge of hysteria so she probably stabbed KI unintentionally when she got hold of the knife.

......not really sure what happened with the whole truck thing yet.  How is it that a truck was travelling at a high rate of speed on a dirt road in the rain in the dark of night?  That part has Never made sense to me.  And how is it that Bucket Hat Guy was both driving the truck AND chasing HYY?  This also makes no sense.  I think someone else was involved.  Who was really driving that truck?

I also still question what JY was up to.  As I mentioned before, he staged a scenario for HYY in the warehouse that was a direct echo of the one that KI had with her.  The ONLY way that JY could have known about how KI calmed a hysterical HYY is if JY had actually been there listening.  This is one of those nagging facts that really bothers me.  Where was JY the night that KI was killed?.....

I think that Grandma knows more about NJW than she will ever say.  Usually when older ladies see their sons/grandsons with a "nice girl" they start encouraging a relationship and telling the girl to get involved.  Grandma Never does this, even though HYY is the first person NJW has brought home to meet her.  I don't think that it has anything to do with HYY being "a minion"--instead, I think that Grandma knows that her grandson was in love with KI.  She asks HYY to help NJW but she never suggests that they could have a relationship.  

I also believe that EJ knows about NJW's orientation.  She is desperate to get him into bed again and she asks him how long she is gonna have to wait this time, like she knows that he's been forcing himself to sleep with her in the past so that he could get information from her. And she's been using him in return.  She also says something about how he is the last person to get into a relationship with HYY.  EJ is a jealous, nasty, spiteful, manipulative person.  She wants NJW just because she is obsessive and also just because he can help her career.  If she can't have him, then she's gonna destroy him.  EJ is, essentially, a low level psychopath.

NJW stays near HYY to protect her.  He knows the danger from Kang.  And since KI liked her (at least in a friendly way, if not more), then NJW is gonna take care of the person his friend cared about.
NJW is a good guy who has just gotten in over his head and doesn't know what to do about it.  His only ally thus far has been his silence, and that's not working anymore.

NJW would not kill Bucket Hat Guy.  And despite what EJ said about NJW being able to do anything including kill, I really don't believe that he could.  NJW is whimsical and sometimes he is careless about the feelings of other people but we have never seen him acting with real cruelty (which is, unfortunately, more than we can say for JY).

.....I think we've had a major clue about Bucket Hat Guy:  he's desperate because he really does need the money, and I suspect that he needs it for his mother.  Bucket Hat Guy is mean and he is resentful and he is undoubtedly retaliatory.  However, there was somehow a glimmer of another side to him.  It seems like he took action Only when he had to or when he needed to react.  Maybe his mother is really ill or maybe she's got Alzheimers and is in a home.  He talks about how she used to listen to Yellow Brick Road.  She loved music.  Does this somehow tie in to the music with the symphony or is this just a coincidence?  How did Bucket Hat Guy get tied in with Kang anyhow?  It's an interesting question.  This character may be dead but we still have more to learn about him.

Who killed Bucket Hat Guy?  Kang, maybe.  Go-To Guy, possibly.  EJ, perhaps.  

Somehow I seem to have trouble editing my posts to add information sometimes--apologies in advance.

I also had a thought about who Yu Da might be:  it could be Go-To Guy.  He works for JY's dad who intends to destroy the symphony.  He's got the time to do this, and he can get inside information from JY.  Very convenient.

Archived