Chen Xing Xu 陈星旭 Official Thread

Erafera1

Aw he is so handsome isn’t he! Sometimes I forget he is so young because he can come across much more mature but then I see his dorky smile and remember I am an ahjumma :joy::sweatingbullets:

@jewelsc I’ll probably give it a miss for now until I can’t find any more good romance dramas or when I finally stop rewatching all my fav dramas haha Where do you normally watch dramas? I have the Viki app and all the dramas work on my phone. Maybe it’s a sign to just stick with cdramas ;) I used to watch kdramas mainly and sometimes Taiwanese and Thai lakorns  but once I watched TMOPB, I have become obsessed with cdramas lol 

• Like 2

@J13 Actually I've been taking a break from work, did a bit of travelling and getting into a fitness routine. So, only recently have I been picking up dramas after my last KDrama "Her Private Life".

Yeah, as @jewelsc mentioned, its a bromance show. I didn't expect to like it until I couldn't stop watching after the first episode. Initially I just wanted to check out what is with all the fuss (the show and 2 leads got wildly popular after airing and have been trending on weibo ever since this show aired), then I got hooked with both leads and the storyline/pacing then I'm gone again:wub:. I feel like such a lusty and flower hearted Ahjumma :glasses:

Good to see everyone here again! Now that this is over, would love to hear your recommendations on what other dramas to watch. I find it harder to watch modern Cdrama compared to costume period, somehow the korean production does it so much better with modern themes, esp with the acting/storyline/fashion etc. 

• Like 3

On 9/19/2019 at 9:58 PM, J13 said:

Aw he is so handsome isn’t he! Sometimes I forget he is so young because he can come across much more mature but then I see his dorky smile and remember I am an ahjumma :joy::sweatingbullets:

@jewelsc I’ll probably give it a miss for now until I can’t find any more good romance dramas or when I finally stop rewatching all my fav dramas haha Where do you normally watch dramas? I have the Viki app and all the dramas work on my phone. Maybe it’s a sign to just stick with cdramas ;) I used to watch kdramas mainly and sometimes Taiwanese and Thai lakorns  but once I watched TMOPB, I have become obsessed with cdramas lol 

I used Viki app sometimes but it kept freezing on me so i stopped and now i just used any drama sites to watch raw and on youtube if available and since i can't speak or understand korean without eng. subs i just decided to watch Cdrama instead..i'm trying to learn mandarin becos my little 3 y.o niece can now speaks mandarin fluently along with english and cantonese, eventho i speak some cantonese too it's weird having my 3 yo niece teaches me mandarin :lol:.

There doesn't seem to be anything interesting to watch at the moment so i'm gonna take a little break altho i got tonnes of dramas on my to-watchlist(some as far back as 2016 haha) i'm just not in the mood.

Our boy CXX, not sure how recent is this pic.

006EDmN9gy1g61mdtseirj322o3404qq.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@nuttyz ooohhh that sounds nice! :) I need to get myself into a fitness routine but so unmotivated lol

So I’ve really only fully watched Her Private Life and Search: WWW for kdramas, both I throughly enjoyed. Before We Get Married has been my biggest addiction since GMP I think. It’s a modern Taiwanese drama with a more realistic approach on relationships but the chemistry between the leads is crazy good! There’s only 13 episodes and it finished last month I think it is now (my memory is fading me lol). I just started watching Love and Destiny too and so far, I’m loving it.

I’ve mostly been re-watching some of my fav dramas (TMOPB, General and I, GMP, AOL mainly) and also watched Sound of Desert which isn’t a recent drama but I enjoyed that one too. Eventually I’ll try watch Hotel Del Luna seeing as the reviews have been really good and I like IU.

@jewelsc haha your niece sounds adorable! Might end up like me just re-watching your favs :D I agree, lots of new ones to watch but I find I stop paying attention most of the time lol The dramas I love are just too hard to top so I lose interest in ones that don’t have the right mix of everything I love..

I’m really looking forward to CXX’s next drama though that’s for sure. The Last Prince and Love in a Fallen City seem more like my type of drama but still waiting to confirm what role he will have in Love in a Fallen City. Ethan Ruan is listed as the lead but maybe CXX will play a secondary lead? They’ll probably want to increase CXX’s role given he is a fast growing up and comer, here’s hoping anyways :)

• Like 3

@jewelsc Hugs:heart::heart::heart: We really have same taste:kiss_wink: Do you cry? or dissapointed with the ending?:lol: ep 13-16 make me cry a lot:blush: but for me the ending more real,since it's JW's 18th moments,he still have a long way,and the ending scene...:love:

btw he's not kid,even OSW older than CXX:lol:,but it's his first acting,he really do a great job (he's the funniest member in Wanna one) and other cast too,most of them is new,but their chemistry really good:heart:

Btw you can try watch here, i think kdrama sub is faster than cdrama, i can't understand both too,but since kdrama sub always have sub in the morning after the drama airing,and for cdrama i used to wait a week and more for sub after drama airing,that's why for sub reason i choose kdrama more

@nuttyz miss you:heart::heart::heart: For the untamed,i love xiao zhan more:wub: (waiting his new drama with yang zhi) till now i just check mowgly boy,still waiting other ancient drama(arthur chen drama,Li xian too)so still busy with kdrama now (CJW is comeback tonight,and vagabond:Dbcos it's Seung gi)

@J13:lol: you know you can see the age of knet who react and comments on naver,actually most of Moment at eighteen articles,age 30-40 is the most participated:D it is teen drama but the feeling is not teen drama,but....i think it's not your type of drama:lol: so it's ok to pass it:kiss_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, Erafera1 said:

@jewelsc Hugs:heart::heart::heart: We really have same taste:kiss_wink: Do you cry? or dissapointed with the ending?:lol: ep 13-16 make me cry a lot:blush: but for me the ending more real,since it's JW's 18th moments,he still have a long way,and the ending scene...:love:

btw he's not kid,even OSW older than CXX:lol:,but it's his first acting,he really do a great job (he's the funniest member in Wanna one) and other cast too,most of them is new,but their chemistry really good:heart:

Btw you can try watch here, i think kdrama sub is faster than cdrama, i can't understand both too,but since kdrama sub always have sub in the morning after the drama airing,and for cdrama i used to wait a week and more for sub after drama airing,that's why for sub reason i choose kdrama more

Reveal hidden contents

Oh wow we do seem to have the same taste.;)

I actually finished watch Moment at 18 just a couple of days ago and i swear, the story is really deep, I'm still emotionally drained (both from happiness and so so sad).  I'm not sure which is worse, this one or Goodbye My Princess..i got so 'bombed' at the end i became a bit 'numb and speechless', oh how i cried in these 2 dramas, my eyes were literally swollen the following day..After the way MA18 ended i was like 'No way, i wanted to see more, i wanted to know if their long distance relationship will work out and how about HY, such a well educated guy, is he just gonna be working at a gas station and what about his parents, shouldn't his dad be locked up and thrown away the key?':rage:

I can't believe that OSW is 24 he still looks like a teenager, CXX is a yr younger and he looks very mature i mean even being paired up with PXR and she being older than him by 5 yrs, it's not even obvious at all.

Would u believe that's the same site that i used to watch MA18 but on my laptop instead  haha.. thanks for the recommendation.

• Like 1

Dropping in. I'm drawn to CXX after Goodbye My Princess (enchanting drama). Being an online drama, it'd be a shame if him and PXR don't win any awards or recognition for their superb acting. (I heard it's still off Youku too?)

I know he filmed a few things afterwards, but haven't heard any release dates yet? It's so hard to follow actors, especially Chinese actors, and while I'm glad they preproduce most of their dramas it's always hard to be waiting.

• Like 2

Hi @tofuetoffee welcome! Agree with u on their superb acting and as for Youku, i believe Youku has sold the rights to a Korean Company so i don't think they'll be showing it anymore.  There rn't any news about his other films yet except for The Best Of Times which they have just recently wrapped up filming so a next yr airing is a possibility, looking forward to that.

Spoiler

Cr: JUZ Fashions

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

Hi @tofuetoffee welcome! Agree with u on their superb acting and as for Youku, i believe Youku has sold the rights to a Korean Company so i don't think they'll be showing it anymore.  There rn't any news about his other films yet except for The Best Of Times which they have just recently wrapped up filming so a next yr airing is a possibility, looking forward to that.

Hide contents

Cr: JUZ Fashions

I heard the Best of Times was filmed for an anniversary so that means we'd have to wait a whole year for it come around!? Oh... no...

I just want to see him on screen again in another work. His talent is so wasted. (Although I don't mind the photoshoots either, he's so handsome.)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@tofuetoffee Welcome!! Always nice seeing new CXX fans :blush: 

It’s been a while since I visited, been crazy busy at the end of last year and have spent the last week trying to keep the smoke out of our house and entertain my two young kiddies (I live in Australia). Hope you guys all had a good Christmas and happy new year!!

I’ve seen some stills of CXX in his new roles but not much more updates. Might have to do a GMP rerun but then I’ll probably be full of crazy emotions again after haha he’s such a good actor!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

@Erafera1 @jewelsc @nuttyz @pad-hari  Hey Soompi pals! Where have you all been hiding and hope you’re all well! :D I’ve been in the Crash Landing On You thread lately but always find myself popping in here hehe 

There still aren’t very many updates on CXX’s new projects. Looks like MDL has added one more drama to CXX’s works for this year, Fall in Love, so if all goes to plan, we might get CXX as a soldier after all :wub:

• Like 2

Hi @J13, It has been awhile since i've posted anything on Soompi but i do check in once in a while to see if anything interesting posted in the dramas' thread and then again i've been a bit disappointed in most of the dramas i'd watched lately, at this time i'm watching Ever Night 2, The Great Lord and Dr Cutie (this one is so fun to watch).

As we all know, all filming have to be put on hold due to this epidemic but i read just now that filming can resume as long as they r not in the infected areas.  Not sure if CXX was still filming for The Glory Of Youth army drama but for sure the main lead Li Yifeng had finished filming his role.  CXX has a film The Enchanting Phantom which is supposed to be out on Tencent this month?? but not seeing anymore updates on this either..i sooo wanted to see this.

EjGPdu6.png

92XSs2Rg.jpg

The Glory of Youth

xTsdmVG.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@jewelsc Dr Cutie and The Great Lord sound interesting so I might give them a try! You should watch Crash Landing On You if you have time, it’s a Kdrama but really good too.

I forgot CXX had new films too! I didn’t know about Enchanting Phantom, that’s a really nice poster. He’s been so busy with new projects, there look to be heaps lined up this year. Looking forward to them all!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, J13 said:

@Erafera1 @jewelsc @nuttyz @pad-hari  Hey Soompi pals! Where have you all been hiding and hope you’re all well! :D I’ve been in the Crash Landing On You thread lately but always find myself popping in here hehe 

There still aren’t very many updates on CXX’s new projects. Looks like MDL has added one more drama to CXX’s works for this year, Fall in Love, so if all goes to plan, we might get CXX as a soldier after all :wub:

Hello peeps! Guilty! I have also been camping at Crash Landing on You :ph34r:

Yeah, he doesn't seem to have new dramas to be aired in the pipeline but like @jewelsc mentioned he has a new movie remake of Leslie Cheung's “A Chinese Ghost Story" to be out soon. In my country, many Chinese movies were not screened during CNY due to the Coronavirus outbreak. I reckon many upcoming shows/movies will be disrupted because of this epidemic.

In addition to CLOY, I also started watching "Find Yourself". I always found it hard to watch Chinese contemporary dramas, but this is really good that I got hooked from Episode 1. It talks about Noona romance and deals with issues faced by women over 30 on love, compatibility and social expectations. So far, I've really enjoyed it. The leads are really good looking too :wub:

• Like 2

@nuttyz how great is CLOY! Ohhh yes my friend recommended Find Yourself but there weren’t many episodes available so I was waiting for a few more to come out before watching. It’s kind of like Something In The Rain I hear (if you haven’t watched Something In The Rain then you should definitely watch). I’m always up for a good romance!

Yeah that’s true :tears: is the remake different to Enchanting Phantom? 

I also just realised he didn’t win any awards for GMP which is disappointing. I think this was due to the channel the drama was aired on though. He was definitely the break out star for 2019 so hopefully he gets more recognition this year!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J13 said:

@nuttyz how great is CLOY! Ohhh yes my friend recommended Find Yourself but there weren’t many episodes available so I was waiting for a few more to come out before watching. It’s kind of like Something In The Rain I hear (if you haven’t watched Something In The Rain then you should definitely watch). I’m always up for a good romance!

Yeah that’s true :tears: is the remake different to Enchanting Phantom? 

I also just realised he didn’t win any awards for GMP which is disappointing. I think this was due to the channel the drama was aired on though. He was definitely the break out star for 2019 so hopefully he gets more recognition this year!

Off topic from CXX-

Spoiler

I am a huge Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin shipper after CLOY, I don't think I have the stomach to watch Son Ye Jin being lovey dovey with Jung Hae In hahaha! I saw some clips on youtube and boy were they super cuddly/touchy in Something in the Rain. I don't understand why they can't replicate those lovey dovey scenes in CLOY! Gets my blood boiling sometimes when they just stare off each other when the feels is sooo much more. Their chemistry is insane and they would make such cute babies that it's a crime if they don't get married, lol! #enough ranting#

Back to our little CXX, did we hear of any news if he is still with Hu Bing Qing? I can't wait for that show (with her) to be out actually, he looks really good in a suit. :wub:

Now that GMP is on Netflix, I'm super tempted to start a marathon on the whole series again :phew:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@nuttyz I googled him and couldn’t find much news but it would be due to the epidemic that everyone is laying low. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were still dating though. Takes some pretty big guts to admit to dating basically just as your fame is rising (which I never understood cos I’m on the ‘famous people deserve their own happiness and should be able to live their lives like the rest of us’ train) so kudos to him! 

I actually did start rewatching GMP and was literally crying and all emotional again hahaha GMP literally made me into a crazy emotional wreck and still does apparently lol the ending just kills me each time I watch it and I’m still so sad that we didn’t get more scenes between our leads to compensate for the ending! Also the soundtrack is just so wonderful, definitely one of my most fav soundtracks from a drama ever!

Spoiler

How great are they!! I’ve been eager for them to star in a drama together for so long and am so happy we finally got them together. They are soooo good together in CLOY!! I was one of those fans that was jumping with joy when the dating then marriage rumours popped up but they kept denying them :tears: I just love how much they get along and how comfortable they are with each other!  

And yes totally agree with being frustrated that they don’t have more intimate/proper up close kiss scenes! Their chemistry is already crazy, imagine if they actually embraced it more. 

I was the same but I needed something to help pass the time while waiting for the next CLOY episode :joy: I feel like it’s a different kind of ship that I have for SYJ and JHI but their chemistry is still insanely good. 

• Like 1