[Drama 2019] Perfume 퍼퓸

larus

“Perfume” Star Cha Ye Ryun Shares Thoughts On Filming Her 1st Drama In 4 Years

by E. Cha
3483053bebcf4c7cabc826c5130c78af.jpeg?s=

Actress Cha Ye Ryun has shared her thoughts on making her long-awaited small-screen comeback!

On May 10, KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Perfume” unveiled new stills of Cha Ye Ryun in her role as Han Ji Na, the ex-girlfriend of fashion designer Seo Yi Do (played by Shin Sung Rok). After starting her career in fashion as a highly successful model, Han Ji Na eventually joins forces with Seo Yi Do to make her modeling agency, E-stream, the top agency in Korea.

The newly released photos show Han Ji Na backstage at a fashion show, looking confident and poised as she tells everyone where to go and what to do.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1323392wpp/perfume-star-cha-ye-ryun-shares-thoughts-on-filming-her-1st-drama-in-4-years

Shin Sung-rok and Go Won-hee’s meet-cute in KBS’s Perfume

by tipsymocha

perfume-stills591.jpg

I always appreciate it when a drama features a truly strange character, and I have a feeling this drama will give us two. KBS’s upcoming fantasy rom-com Perfume has released several stills of leads Shin Sung-rok (An Empress’s Dignity) and Go Won-hee (Your House Helper), who will play a designer allergic to the world and an up-and-coming rookie model who moonlights as a housekeeper.

I remember when this show was first announced a few months back the story involved a fountain of youth-like perfume that gave a housewife back her youth. The most recent synopsis makes the female lead’s transformation sound much more dramatic, describing her as having “returned from hell” to become the hottest rising star in the model world. She might be the talented rookie, but as we can see from the stills, Go Won-hee is roughing it in a park at night, pulling a newspaper over her for warmth like all homeless people do.

more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/05/shin-sung-rok-and-go-won-hees-meet-cute-in-kbss-perfume/

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Perfume was never on my radar until SSR joined the cast. 52 phobias and 24 allergies seems far fetched to me, I don't know if its possible in real life...but I do question how on earth can the character function with so many phobias and allergies. Huhu.

I decided to watch the drama after Shin Sung Rok joined too because I want to see him lead a rom-com drama. I don`t have a problem with the fantasy genre, some I like but depends on the subject. 52 phobias are soooooo much that it seams ridiculous. Adding 24 alergies and I serious question how this guy survived at this age as well. 

It`s a comedy and I am sure the protagonist will make a funny character.

I enjoyed watching American series Monk so I am curious to see the Korean drama where the protagonist has phobias.

21 hours ago, larus said:

I decided to watch the drama after Shin Sung Rok joined too because I want to see him lead a rom-com drama. I don`t have a problem with the fantasy genre, some I like but depends on the subject. 52 phobias are soooooo much that it seams ridiculous. Adding 24 alergies and I serious question how this guy survived at this age as well. 

It`s a comedy and I am sure the protagonist will make a funny character.

I enjoyed watching American series Monk so I am curious to see the Korean drama where the protagonist has phobias.

Hehe. I felt a bit relieved after reading the drama and character description on Dramabeans. I'm all in for comedy, as much as I like SSR in villain roles, his previous comedy roles are fantastic too, but less known. And Go Won Hee was one of the reason I stayed with Strongest Deliveryman. I enjoyed her character in SD.

I'm waiting for promos! Less than a month to the 1st ep! Kya~~~ excited to see whats in store :lol:

First teaser is out!

IG caption trans (google translate):

Creatively sick genius designer 'Seido' transformed into a sacred record! It's obviously a wacky character ... Why is it so cute? (Only me? :D) KBS 2TV New Monthly drama June 3 Monday night at 10:00 the first broadcast!

--‐---------

I think the first line supposed to mean Shin Sung Rok transformed into Seido a creatively sick genius designer. Haha. Shin Sung Rok (신성록) in hangul is translated into sacred record or new record using google trans :sweatingbullets:.

Watch: Shin Sung Rok Indulges In A Grand Fantasy In Teaser For New Drama “Perfume”

Watch: Shin Sung Rok Indulges In A Grand Fantasy In Teaser For New Drama “Perfume”

May 13, 2019
by M. Dang

A new trailer has been revealed for the upcoming KBS drama “Perfume”!

“Perfume” is a romantic comedy that tells the story of a genius designer in a creative slump and a mysterious fashion model who has been to hell and back. They are both given a second chance at life through a magical perfume.

In the newly-released clip, Seo Yi Do (played by Shin Sung Rok) is seen giving a speech about fashion to an enraptured crowd. He announces, “Seo Yi Do will show you a new form of art through the Yi Do Collection.” He spreads his arms wide and smirks as everyone stands to applaud him.

However, this turns out to be just a fantasy. Back in reality, Min Ye Rin (played by Go Won Hee) flips on the light to his room and says, “What are you doing? I set the table, so go eat.”

https://youtu.be/ggEbDdysPQI

May 13 2019

Teaser trailer for KBS2 drama series “Perfume”

Perfume-KD-teaser1SM1.jpg

First teaser trailer added for KBS2 drama series “Perfume” starring Go Won-Hee and Shin Sung-Rok. Meanwhile, below are the first still images of Go Won-Hee and Shin Sung-Rok together in the drama series. The still images are from a scene which has Min Ye-Rin (Go Won-Hee) and Seo Yi-Do (Shin Sung-Rok) meeting for the first time. Filming for this scene took place April 15, 2019 in front of a hotel in Yeonsu District, Incheon, South Korea.

“Perfume” first airs June 3, 2019 in South Korea.

Perfume-SI1.jpg

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-for-kbs2-drama-series-perfume

Kim Min Kyu Transforms Into World-Famous Idol In Upcoming Drama “Perfume”

by E. Cha
8a297bcaab4446e78e976b1bfdcabb6a.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s “Perfume” has revealed a sneak peek of Kim Min Kyu in his role as an immensely popular idol!

“Perfume” is a new fantasy romance drama about the love story between a neurotic fashion designer (played by Shin Sung Rok) and a mysterious model who is magically given a second chance at life (played by Go Won Hee).

On May 14, the upcoming drama unveiled new stills of Kim Min Kyu as his character Yoon Min Seok, a multi-talented and world-famous idol with fans all over the globe. Yoon Min Seok’s motto is that he needs only three seconds to make someone fall in love with him, a claim proven true by his ever-growing fanbase.

In the newly released photos, Yoon Min Seok smiles brightly as he greets the screaming crowd at a fan meeting in Korea. Not only does he wow the audience by serenading them with a sweet ballad, but he also makes them swoon with his A-grade fanservice.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1324301wpp/kim-min-kyu-transforms-into-world-famous-idol-in-upcoming-drama-perfume

The pioneer with artist’s block in KBS’s rom-com fantasy Perfume

by tipsymocha

perfume-teaser51402.jpg

I feel like Shin Sung-rok (An Empress’s Dignity) has some of the best facial expressions in the industry, and I’m excited to see him put them to good use in his newest drama. There’s a new teaser out for KBS’s fantasy rom-com Perfume, which focuses on Shin Sung-rok’s genius fashion designer character in all his vainglorious glory.

The clip starts with Shin Sung-rok informing us that fashion is “art” and a “superior method of expressing oneself.” Intercut are shots of him at work putting on finishing touches to his creations. He walks among a seated crowd and introduces himself as a “genius designer” who “leads the industry,” grandly promising us a new art form. I admit I cracked up a little at his introduction, because who introduces himself as a genius? And yet, it rolls of his tongue so naturally, lol.

Unfortunately for the self-proclaimed pioneer of the fashion industry, his over-the-top announcement is all in his head, as we see him striking a pose in his nightgown. He’s caught in the act by Go Won-hee (Your House Helper), who is sporting a rather hideous perm. She must be working for him as a housekeeper, because she snaps at him to hurry up since his breakfast is waiting for him. Oh, is this how Go Won-hee’s ajumma-turned-rookie model character gets off the streets?

more 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/05/the-pioneer-with-artists-block-in-kbss-rom-com-fantasy-perfume/

Squeal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SSR is back! He's so cute. Looks adorable when he is doing comic scenes. He's fab in villainous roles too. *sigh* Is there anything he isn't good at? *making moon eyes*:wub:

Thank you   @katakwasabi ! When is this show starting? I hope it starts soon. Doctor Prisoner had been keeping me company after The Last Empress. But that too is ending soon. I can do with some comedy now and of course romance!

Also, can anyone provide the English subtitles of the teaser please? :)

Yay! @triplemand @confusedheart7997! The more the merrier! It starts on 3rd June~ less than a month hehe.

An eng subbed teaser is available on Perfume's asianwiki page http://asianwiki.com/Perfume_(Korean_Drama)

Summary of the teaser (thanks to soompi):

Seo Yi Do (played by Shin Sung Rok) is seen giving a speech about fashion to an enraptured crowd. He announces, “Seo Yi Do will show you a new form of art through the Yi Do Collection.” He spreads his arms wide and smirks as everyone stands to applaud him.

However, this turns out to be just a fantasy. Back in reality, Min Ye Rin (played by Go Won Hee) flips on the light to his room and says, “What are you doing? I set the table, so go eat.”

A bit of background

1st-4th April: SSR confirmed followed by GWH, KMG, CYR

5th April: 1st script read

Sometime in April: shooting starts

3rd June: Premiere!!!

I follow quite a few drama threads from its conception stages and casting news (eg: 4 men, secret, devil calls your name), but this one seems so short in comparison. Minus the previous Eric and GJH casting rumours, the process from casting the current cast to air date is within 2 months lol. I hope filming runs smoothly and the cast/crew have fun filming~ 

Archived