Quantcast

@katakwasabi if you Google KBS2 live streaming and test the results. The one that starts with " no... " site works well. I have been watching the weekend Kdramas from it.

On th other hand am kinda furious right now. I was testing to see if it works and caught this morning's KBS news about whale fishing in Japan. And they showed a harpooned whale being lifted ashore. Terrible thing to watch first thing in the morning. I live in South Australia and it's now whale watching season for us. And yes I understand Korean. Couldn't continue after a few minutes. I feel absolutely terrible now after watching the harpoon heading towards such lovely creatures.

I came here because I was planning to start episode 1. Sorry to be off topic. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

@katakwasabi if you Google KBS2 live streaming and test the results. The one that starts with " no... " site works well. I have been watching the weekend Kdramas from it.

On th other hand am kinda furious right now. I was testing to see if it works and caught this morning's KBS news about whale fishing in Japan. And they showed a harpooned whale being lifed ashore. Terrible thing to watch first thing in the morning. I live in South Australia and it's now whale watching season for us. And yes I understand Korean. Couldn't continue after a few minutes. I feel absolutely terrible now after watching the harpoon heading towards such lovely creatures.

I came here because I was planning to start episode 1. Sorry to be off topic. 

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try to find the site later. Usually I camp at Naver and read the live updates by korean viewers (thanks auto goggle translate :lol:)

I hope you enjoy the ride...ep 1-2 might be off-kilter to some (me included) but imo the ride to ep 24 has been entertaining and very satisfying so far! It has funny and heartwarming moments that just tugs my heart. This drama has so many feeeeellllssss~  

And...poor whales :(

• Like 4

@sharonfu18 dear , I had to remove your  post above as it is an illegal streaming site . But you’re free to PM the other person. 

@katakwasabi he still does not know right that they are the same person ? Did they show he had any inklings ? I hv no time to watch yet  , so I don’t mind some spoilers 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, triplem said:

@sharonfu18 dear , I had to remove your  post above as it is an illegal streaming site . But you’re free to PM the other person. 

@katakwasabi he still does not know right that they are the same person ? Did they show he had any inklings ? I hv no time to watch yet  , so I don’t mind some spoilers 

He had an inkling. He sees some similarities but he thinks its too scifi. Hahaha

Anyways...this! Seo Yi Do is a cinnamon roll! A precious one of a kind gem! 

Looks like kviewers also find it weird the viewer ratings are so low. Oh well...i suppose its summer and a lot are partying outside. I feel bad for the cast and crew. KBS promote Perfume more! It deserves more love~~ hua3
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:
Looks like kviewers also find it weird the viewer ratings are so low. Oh well...i suppose its summer and a lot are partying outside. I feel bad for the cast and crew. KBS promote Perfume more! It deserves more love~~ hua3

I do watch a fair share of rom coms - actually most don’t do well ratings wise especially in the last couple of years  ( rare exceptions such as What’s wrong WSKim, and Jugglers with 8% ratings)  . It’s the melodramas or dark comedy that get the high ratings . Also Perfume has some really strong contenders in Partners For Justice & Designated Survivor ( both serious crime melodramas ) . So I think Perfume ratings are quite decent 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, triplem said:

I do watch a fair share of rom coms - actually most don’t do well ratings wise especially in the last couple of years  ( rare exceptions such as What’s wrong WSKim, and Jugglers with 8% ratings)  . It’s the melodramas or dark comedy that get the high ratings . Also Perfume has some really strong contenders in Partners For Justice & Designated Survivor ( both serious crime melodramas ) . So I think Perfume ratings are quite decent 

That's true. I notice romcoms don't fare well in the ratings department too. I expected Partners for Justice to rule ratings because its the 2nd season with a big fanbase. I personally think what is affecting KBS 10pm timeslot is the variety shows aired at the same time on SBS and MBC. SBS moved its popular 11pm variety shows to 10pm. Variety shows tend to have a consistent fanbase because of its long airtime compared to a 16 episode drama. It will be interesting to observe how the changes in the broadcasting stations will impact drama viewing in the long run. MBC will abolish is Mon-Tues drama slot in a few months. SBS will air a variety show with Lee Seung Gi and Lee Seo Jin in the Mon-Tues 10pm slot. I also noticed most high rated dramas are aired in late autumn-spring, when the weathe is cold and people stay indoors :lol:.

Anyways...I'm enjoying this drama a lot. and as long as comments and word of mouth are positive, I'm happy. Hahaha. The drama is unique and the cast and crew are doing a great job!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

[Perfume] Eps 23 & 24 spoilers, Go Won Hee x Shin Sung Rok x Ha Jae Suk

perfume23.png

Article: Naver 'Perfume' Shin Sung Rok's heart flutters for Go Won Hee   faints after hugging Ha Jae Suk 

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/07/perfume-eps-23-24-spoilers-go-won-hee-x.html?m=1

1. [+230,-8]
Seo Yi Do was so cute when he dressed up and got so excited to meet Min Jae Hee. <--- He was so adorably estatic!

2. [+225,-8]
I have to admit that the character Seo Yi Do has met a really good actor. Shin Sung Rok's acting is really charismatic. <--- I agree Knetz! To think SSR and GWH were not the 1st casting choice is beyond me. The production hit daebak with the overall casting. They all match their characters.

3. [+151,-7]
I could see Jim Carrey, 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' and Johnny Depp in his face~~ Actor Shin Sung Rok is full of expressions! <---- :)

4. [+138,-7]
Shin Sung Rok matches both Go Won Hee and Ha Jae Suk well. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ The chemistry is good too, and it's really interesting. A triangle love like this is fresh and interesting. It's unpredictable;;ㅋㅋㅋㅋ <--- the unpredictability is exciting and at the same time putting me on edge. Hahaha

5. [+98,-5]
Is she trying to let him know that Min Jae Hee isn't the person he likes now...? Did Seo Yi Do faint because he liked her too much or is it because he thinks he's hugging a stranger? I can't tell. <-- I'm curious too. Maybe they want to show that Jae Hee is not the Jae Hee he envisions, maybe he needs to start with her from scratch and not hung up on his 1st love. Maybe he is in love with the idea of being in love. Maybe his heart can't handle the proximity. So many assumptions...but my heart broke when he went limp in her arms. 29 years of waiting, he shoved everything he can in the 1st date, for the date to end like that is just sad. Maybe he will wake up immediatly in ep 25. I need ep 25 asap. Kekeke

6. [+55,-2]
There are many scenes that made me laugh today. The ending left me lots of questions, but there is no preview and I have to wait another week. I think it's childish. I started watching this because I like the female lead... But I came to like the male lead so much. I usually skip all the trendy romance dramas.. But I couldn't resist it because of the actors' acting skills and comical scenes. It's fascinating that I'm watching this somehow. It feels like a manhwa I read while I was a kid. The male lead is so cute and cool, he's someone pure and innocent with his love, which doesn't exist in this world.  <--- romcoms isn't my cup of tea either. I started this for SSR, but ended up liking everyone and the story as a whole. I'm glad I genuinely enjoy this. Yi Do is so pure he needs to be protected. Lol

7. [+49,-4]
It's really interesting. ㅋㅋ I'm always looking forward to every episode. Why is Shin Sung Rok so cool?? <---- when is he not? ;)

8. [+43,-0]
I didn't know KaTalk Dog is that handsome. <--- now you know. But most importantly he is an awesome actor.

9. [+42,-0]
I thought Seo Yi Do was going to find out Min Jae Hee is Min Ye Rin. ㅠㅠ Come quickly, next week. <---- Monday come soon! But Monday bluessss..oh the dilemma. XD

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/07/perfume-eps-23-24-spoilers-go-won-hee-x.html?m=1

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Just watched yesterday's eps & I love the date of Seo E Do & Min Jae Hee!!! It's more like in heaven by the setup!!! So beautiful! And "Jae Hee shi....Your past, your present, your future..bring them all to me. Thanks to you taking my hand 29 years ago, I was able to safely become an adult....This time, I'll save you" :heart: WOW!!! I am so touched by this guy! He never judged his first love by outer looks!!! So endearing as a boy who waits for his mom...... :)

22aa2f76f2a0fdc1d7b9275b06ea3bf73bb5335c

But why did he faint at the end of the eps..????! Is he developing clustrophobia or something when got stuck by somewhere..???! :blink: Can't wait for next Monday!!! I need to know what's up for this guy..???! He's too delicate to get hurt!!!! And once again, KBS is playing with our hearts!!!! Where is the next preview..?????!!! :ph34r: :rage: I am so not happy with no preview at all!!! Dear @katakwasabi chingu, please tag me the next preview video when you get!!!!

And this series is seriously addicting!!! It's so great that Shin Sung Rok accepted the offer..... :lol: He's giving out his fans the most beautiful drama ever!!!! :heart: I am so glad to be his fan now!!!! He should shed his image as villain & step in to the boyfriend zone more & more!!!! :) Please consider the offer, Shin Sung Rok!!!!

And dear @triplem chingu, you are suddenly giving me the butterflies of Jugglers.... Sending hugs!!!! :blush:

• Like 8
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Just watched yesterday's eps & I love the date of Seo E Do & Min Jae Hee!!! It's more like in heaven by the setup!!! So beautiful! And "Jae Hee shi....Your past, your present, your future..bring them all to me. Thanks to you taking my hand 29 years ago, I was able to safely become an adult....This time, I'll save you" :heart: WOW!!! I am so touched by this guy! He never judged his first love by outer looks!!! So endearing as a boy who waits for his mom...... :)

But why did he faint at the end of the eps..????! Is he developing clustrophobia or something when got stuck by somewhere..???! :blink: Can't wait for next Monday!!! I need to know what's up for this guy..???! He's too delicate to get hurt!!!! And once again, KBS is playing with our hearts!!!! Where is the next preview..?????!!! :ph34r: :rage: I am so not happy with no preview at all!!! Dear @katakwasabi chingu, please tag me the next preview video when you get!!!!

And this series is seriously addicting!!! It's so great that Shin Sung Rok accepted the offer..... :lol: He's giving out his fans the most beautiful drama ever!!!! :heart: I am so glad to be his fan now!!!! He should shed his image as villain & step in to the boyfriend zone more & more!!!! :) Please consider the offer, Shin Sung Rok!!!!

And dear @triplem chingu, you are suddenly giving me the butterflies of Jugglers.... Sending hugs!!!! :blush:

The confession was so apt for them. Yi Do is so mellow under his extravagance, it's an interesting character combination. Lol.

Look at him being all excited getting ready for his 1st date...awwwwwww 

Some commented the last scene was funny but I found it sad. He waited for 29 years, prepared so much, he was giddy with excitement and being the ultimate gentleman..I hope the date doesn't end on a sour note...

nxG4k7.gif

Ep 25 I need you now!!! Hua3

I have a feeling there is a possibility for an open ending. An ending where Jae hee is happy with herself and Jin Kyung  while Yi Do is happy with his life and not being hung up on his 1st love. 

I would prefer Yi Do and Jae Hee and Jin Kyung being happy together. I need a happy ever after in Kdramaland. Ahahaha.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

OMO dear @katakwasabi chingu... How can I ever ignore this sexiness...???! He is utterly sexy in that hair style!!! 1f499_emojitwo.svg brown-heart_emojitwo.svg :w00t: Shin sung Rok totally rocks here!! I am so addicted to his comical charms!!! A bit sad that he didn't get this chance sooner!!!! :sweatingbullets: He is a perfect rom-com lead!!! And Seo E Do is a rare guy who doesn't judge his love by the looks... He is fully devoted to his 1st love!!! How sweet! :) He never tried to change Min Jae Hee in the first place.. Instead he himself changed for his 1st love!!!! That's why I love this guy the most! :wub:

1d9363854fdf11400e037f113e50247a37d423c0

And I really don't like open endings as it feel incomplete for K-dramas but I think in that case, Min Jae Hee will realize that she's happy as herself not as Min Ye Rin & give up the perfume at the end!!! But how does she explain about the transformation herself..????! :o I am so curious now!!! I need the next preview pronto.... :weary:

And this series is so full of entertainment! It's a perfect medicine for a tired day! So light & delightful towatch... :wub: I love all the cast & eagerly awaiting next eps!!!! Please writer-nim, give us a closed happy ending!!!!! :D

• Like 8

This is the poem Yi Do recited before his confession:

Poems-1.jpg

I think Korean language use his/her interchangebly. The language is not gender specific. This poem was also in Because This Life is Our First.

I didn't think much about the bgm when I watched the poem recital scene, Kviewers on DCgallery however highlighted the piano piece and the song that comes with it. I applaud the music director/everyone involved in the music/song selection for Perfume. I think the bgm are on point. But they took it to another level with the piano piece during Yi Do's poem recital. I must say, what an apt choice for the scene, for Yi Do and his dedication towards Jae Hee. If waiting for 29 years is not dedication, I don't know what is.

Robert Schumann: Widmung (Dedication)

You my soul, you my heart,

You my bliss, o you my pain,

You the world in which I live;

You my heaven, in which I float,

You my grave, into which

I eternally cast my grief.

You are rest, you are peace,

You are bestowed upon me from heaven.

That you love me makes me worthy of you;

Your gaze transfigures me;

You raise me lovingly above myself,

My good spirit, my better self!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Please I hope they gave this ending that jae will be with seo.  

Not skinning version of her and the evil husband I wish I could get arrested.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Michelle Gonzalez said:

Please I hope they gave this ending that jae will be with seo.  

Not skinning version of her and the evil husband I wish I could get arrested.

Hi @michellegonzalez! Welcome to the thread~ i hope so too! And going by the flow, it looks like it is heading that way. It is in Jae Hee's hands now. Yi Do does not discriminate looks. Jae Hee is the one who needs to be more confident as herself.

I just remembered 3 things...

1) what did she wish during the shooting star scene and her ornament glowed in her pocket. Why did the ornament glow?

2) to who did she send the letter to? I assume to herself or JinKyung.

3) Yi Do has yet to wish anything from Jae Hee after winning their bet.

I'm curious about these 3 things. And also why on earth did he faint! Ahhhh..3 more days. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I just caught up... Love the part when flashback on why Edo suddenly became a fashion designer. It's all in the name of love :lol: seriously, where can you find such a devoted genius? Be a fashion designer, and I'll be your model. Then we can be together forever? :kiss_wink: No wonder he has a roomful of clothes designed in her size..

I teared up when YR hugged Edo at the sofa upon remembering who he is.

It's so cute the way Min Suk tried to solve the mystery and convinced himself how it was supposed to be :lol: and then his theory was completely destroyed by the crazy fan's witness...

"Retreat at once" -- "Yes Sir" :joy:

The part before Edo walked to JH to give her flowers, her monologue, was so touching as well...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I just caught up... Love the part when flashback on why Edo suddenly became a fashion designer. It's all in the name of love :lol: seriously, where can you find such a devoted genius? Be a fashion designer, and I'll be your model. Then we can be together forever? :kiss_wink: No wonder he has a roomful of clothes designed in her size..

I teared up when YR hugged Edo at the sofa upon remembering who he is.

It's so cute the way Min Suk tried to solve the mystery and convinced himself how it was supposed to be :lol: and then his theory was completely destroyed by the crazy fan's witness...

"Retreat at once" -- "Yes Sir" :joy:

The part before Edo walked to JH to give her flowers, her monologue, was so touching as well...

The writing is solid so far. There are loop holes but it overall ties together pretty nicely.  I wondered why Yi Do said he needs Ye Rin to complete his fashion in ep 21-22. And in ep 23-24 it was revealed that Jae Hee was the reason he became a fashion designer in the first place. Their innocent childhood promise was so cute. Obviously Yi Do remembers it vividly but Jae Hee doesn't. Also...YES THERE IS NO AMNESIA!!! She forgot like normal people do. Haahahahaha

I love the conan bgm. Apt. Very apt for his mystery solving mission. Lol

Yi Do's confession is one of the sweetest thing I've ever seen in a kdrama. The way SSR delivers his lines reminds me of his award acceptance speech last year :lol:

• Like 5
  • Love 2

i'm so late to this thread!! I'm so glad that Yi Do still values Jae Hee despite how she looks and it's really very endearing how all he seemed to want was her well being...this drama really breaks prejudice and shows how wonderful a pure love can be in any form

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sheenigummy said:

i'm so late to this thread!! I'm so glad that Yi Do still values Jae Hee despite how she looks and it's really very endearing how all he seemed to want was her well being...this drama really breaks prejudice and shows how wonderful a pure love can be in any form

Welcome to thread @Sheenigummy!! Better late then never~ do drop by and share more thoughts here :)

His brain nearly combusted in this scene. You're no playboy Yi Do. You're maybe the purest fantasy kdrama guy ever. Hahaha

Ep 25-26 stills

Why are you crying? Don't cry T_T

0002937007_001_20190714104118543.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I get this vibe that Jae-Hee doesn’t have the love for Yi-Do. Where as Ye-Rin loves him. The way Jae-Hee looks at Yi-Do, there is no love like there is with Yi-Do. So I am guessing Yi-Do will end up with YR? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sharonfu18 said:

I get this vibe that Jae-Hee doesn’t have the love for Yi-Do. Where as Ye-Rin loves him. The way Jae-Hee looks at Yi-Do, there is no love like there is with Yi-Do. So I am guessing Yi-Do will end up with YR? 

But they are the same person, they should feel the same emotions. I sense that Jae Hee is very wary of Yi Do approaching her. I suppose it is because 1) she thinks she's gonna die when the perfume is gone, 2) maybe she thinks he likes a made up image of her (they are basicly strangers), 3) she assumes that Yi Do thinks she's pathetic because of her look. So many assumptions lol.

I reallly hope Yi Do ends with Jae Hee or at least Jae Hee returns as her normal self and not end with anyone but she's happy and confident with herself. As much as I like Ye Rin, she is a temporary perfume effect and I don't want her to be the end~ huhuhu

Ost 12: Forget all the bad about me today

Lyrics under tab. Imo...the lyrics seems to mirror Jae Hee's thoughts.

Spoiler

I'll stay there.

If you stretch your hand,

Even if it is difficult and hard to breathe,

When I face you

I'll stay there.

Even if there is no end

Stay with me even if it hurts.

Seeing you say you love me

I do not know how I feel about you.

If we meet over time

The day I tried to run away from you

Forget all the bad of me

You can stop there right there.

I know everything will hurt

I know it's selfish.

Seeing you say you love me

I do not know how I feel about you.

If we meet over time

Forget all the bad of me

Once again, once my wounds heal

I'll tell you first.

Behind countless farewells left behind by scars

Please understand that you can not give me everything.

If we meet over time

Forget all the bad of me

Forget all the bad of me today.

• Like 4