[Drama 2019] Perfume 퍼퓸

larus

Premier Watch: Perfume, Investigation Couple 2, Search Query: WWW

by stroopwafel

premwatch_perf1.jpg

There are three new dramas on the slate for your viewing pleasure.

Perfume

premwatch_perf2.jpg

Time slot: Monday & Tuesday
Broadcaster: KBS
Genre: Fantasy, rom-com
Episode count: 32 episodes

Reasons to watch: What happens when a frustrated fashion designer meets a new muse? If you’re Shin Sung-rok, you hire her as your housekeeper before persuading her to be a model. Said housekeeper-turned-model, Go Won-hee isn’t just any beautiful young woman though. She was once an unhappy, middle aged housewife whose homemaking skills were unparalleled. After a terrible event takes place in her life, a mysterious perfume gives her a second chance at life and love by reviving her in the form of a model-level, twenty-something beauty. I’m eager to see Go Won-hee and Shin Sung-rok in action and I can see them adding an extra level of fun zaniness to an already kooky premise.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/06/premier-watch-perfume-investigation-couple-2-search-query-www/

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ChewyChocolate said:

@katakwasabi  and hi, guys! So I ran over here, soon as I finished watching ep 1. I like it. It's quirky and crazy and bizarre, loved SSR and his over-the-top antics, no one but him could pull off those crazy faces, and get away with it. Never watched ths lead actress before, but she's pretty, and some of her scenes are pretty touching. So many laugh out loud moments: begone, you devil!  Lolol and the scene the mistress cracks up over the scroll,:D:D We die today

So I'm thinking

1. He's met her before...something happened, an accident? A near- drowning experience that scarred him forever? But if it was 17 years ago, she'd be about his age now, so I'm thinking maybe he had a crush on her, but she never knew about it.

2. So he'll know the real her, I'm guessing, and that it's the perfume that's making her beautiful. But, what happens after that? He'll fall for the beauty inside? 

I'm intrigued to see what will happen next. I want him to know who she is for who she is. And they work together for I don't know what. Haha. 

Anyways...for someone with a lot of phobias, I'm kinda surprised he can be close to other people..he has no problem approaching or sitting close lol. The most ironic one is he is afraid of moles...when he has a mole on his own face :sweatingbullets:

On the other hand.. I see few comments on several platforms that the drama is fat shaming the housewife. But I haven't seen anyone said anything about her being fat yet. In fact the one fat shaming is her self. The bursting seams is overdone though. She needs to wear baggy clothes to accomodate her changing routine! I really hope above all is Ha Jae Suk/Go Won Hee character will be confident in her own skin.

@katakwasabi thank you!!

I just watched the live stream and ohhh i am liking their chemistry together and it looks like he will have good chemistry with her present/original self as well!! i am excited

43 minutes ago, sandjh said:

@katakwasabi thank you!!

I just watched the live stream and ohhh i am liking their chemistry together and it looks like he will have good chemistry with her present/original self as well!! i am excited

I want to live stream but my usual live stream does not work with kbs dramas. Huhu. So I kinda stalked DC gallery and naver for updates. In general the viewer comments seems happy with the episode. I'm excited to watch it! And can you kindly DM me the livestream link? Maybe I can watch it live next week ahahaha :D

Hello lovelies... Wave to dear @triplem @larus @katakwasabi @ktcjdrama & @Ameera Ali friends!

Just watched yesterday's eps & OG MY GOD, this more entertaining than I ever imagined! :o I laughed out loud in every scene almost replaying them! Hah haaaa... :mrgreen: Shin Sung Rok has chosen a perfect drama this time! 

And Oh my, how come the fat version & the younger version of Min Ji Hee is all the same in looks..??! :w00t: And her magic perfume is not even enough for a year, so then what..?! She has to find another bottle! And who's the old man gave it to her..??! I feel like he's an angel!!! :o He he he... May be I am wrong! But Seo E Do definitely has a trauma regarding the water! Curious to know what has happened to him!

Wow... I am so in love with this drama already & can't wait to watch today's eps in eng sub! :lol: :open_mouth:

And...  He is too cute to handle in eye-glasses... :kiss_wink::heart: Love to see him as the lead here!!!!!

e30b0df6cc3e4349a1ed4e62f25f7e9d0feb5066

@gm4queen the perfume is quality of course, it should last her longer that 16 episode hopefully :tounge_wink: but friend , I am glad you watching it as well , he so funny like you I find every scene funny , Like this scene, how predictable he is :lol: we all believe he hate cheap fame :mrgreen:

EF149DC7-DB12-41C7-9DA9-2A5EC60427EC.gif

991F4346-BA98-4E71-96BC-935D011AD21A.gif

2 hours ago, sandjh said:

@katakwasabi thank you!!

Care to DM me live-streaming link :sweatingbullets: I want to watch live :wub:

I am so happy for Perfume cast and crew!! I hope the ratings increase. Go for 10% and next 15%! Perfume fighting!! Ahaha

“Perfume” And “Partners For Justice 2” Both See Increase In Ratings For Day 2

“Perfume” And “Partners For Justice 2” Both See Increase In Ratings For Day 2

Jun 5, 2019
by R. Jun

KBS 2TV’s “Perfume” and MBC’s “Partners for Justice 2,” which premiered Monday, both saw a ratings increase for day two!

The June 4 broadcast of “Perfume,” starring Shin Sung Rok and Go Won Hee, hit ratings of 6.0 and 7.2 percent, a 0.8 point increase from the drama’s premiere. “Perfume” remains in the No. 1 spot among Monday-Tuesday dramas.

@katakwasabi @gm4queen so far so good?  Ok not able to watch yet but I gather it’s up to your expectations. Will catch up soon . Waiting for your thoughts on this @ktcjdrama . Looks like a fun ride @Ameera Ali

Overall good response from local viewers 

I detest some of of the k nets comments about Go Won Hee’s looks , so I put in spoiler  . She’s a good  actress & that’s all that’s important 

Perfume] PILOT Eps 1-4 spoilers, Shin Sung Rok x Go Won Hee x Ha Jae Suk

perfume.png
Article: Naver 'Perfume' Ha Jae Suk transforms into Go Won Hee with perfume... Debuts as Shin Sung Rok's model [Eps 1 & 2]

1. [+292,-15]
The second half is more interesting. I hope they get a boost in ratings. 

2. [+228,-10]
Shin Sung Rok matches his cynical character well. ㅋㅋ He sings and acts well. The unique KaTalk Dog jjang. 

3. [+186,-27]
Shin Sung Rok's time moves backwards, huh? Why is he so handsome?

4. [+116,-15]
It's a bit childish, but it's interesting~ The drama turned out to be above my expectations~ I was watching for Shin Sung Rok-ssi, but the first episode seems to be above average. I hope this drama does well~

5. [+44,-5]
I think I'm still seeing a beard whenever I see Go Won Hee's face. 

6. [+43,-7]
KaTalk dog jjang!!! He's even being sexy these days... He has a nice physique, voice, he sings well, his face is charming, he's perfect.

7. [+36,-0]
Spoiler

Did Go Won Hee go under the knife? I found her pretty when she did a morning drama in the past. Her face is different.. Why did she do that?

8. [+37,-5]
There's nothing to watch for Mondays and Tuesdays so I watched this casually, but time flies watching this. 

perfume2.png
Article: Naver 'Perfume' Go Won Hee, runs into her daughter Kim Jin Kyung... will she be discovered by Shin Sung Rok? [Eps 3 & 4]

1. [+669,-24]
The plot isn't easy, the characters are a little silly, they have many weaknesses, and their back stories are complex. These characters are difficult to portray, but Shin Sung Rok and Go Won Hee did them so well, as if the characters were made for them. Their acting skills are really amazing. Actress Ha Jae Suk has worked hard, and her acting is good too. 'Perfume' is a drama that makes viewers see actors in a new light. 

2. [+287,-11]
I like dramas that are stress-free. And the actors have good acting skills. 

3. [+198,-13]
I enjoyed it. I didn't realize how much time has passed~ I'll binge-watch this. I'm rooting for them. 

4. [+171,-11]
Wow, this is really interesting. The screen is bright, the lines are unique, both leads have good acting skills, and good chemistry. Anyway, it doesn't feel like an ordinary romcom. 

5. [+77,-1]
In the beginning, they considered Eric, Go Jun Hee, and Kim Ji Suk for this drama. But I find it a fortunate thing that Shin Sung Rok and Go Won Hee are the ones doing this. It feels as if Seo Yi Do and Min Ye Rin are reborn. Thanks to them, the drama is kind of interesting.

6. [+76,-6]
Spoiler

Why did Go Won Hee go under the knife..? 

7. [+62,-11]
Are my eyes playing tricks on me..? The female lead's eyes aren't really pretty, Ha Jae Suk would be prettier if she loses weight.

8. [+56,-10]
The female lead's face is weird. 

9. [+38,-0]
Go Won Hee used to be pretty during her days as an Asiana Airlines model. She's pretty now too, so please don't go under the knife anymore. 

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/06/perfume-pilot-eps-1-4-spoilers-shin.html?m=1

@triplem so far so good for me. 

In short..

After ep 1-2: I'll stay for the cast. Its funny, but the plot is so-so

After ep 3-4: I'll stay for the show too.

(Disclaimer: thoughts are subject to change as the show progress)

The acting is good. From SSR, GWH, HJS, CYR and KMG down to the supporting cast including the models. The story gets more interesting when the backstory is revealed. Perfume actually has some substance in it and not just funny.

I hope it remains on this positive track. Its only 2 eps. Another 14 to go! Fighting!!!

IiIX3F26y34tPsVh0eKC1UkR14Wk.jpg&type=sc

Iomf3GMorY12tk7zQx72UCwnDbRI.jpg&type=sc

0000153816_001_20190528094022974.jpg&typ:joy: Fun ride❤

Perfume full of talented cast and it's fantasy rom-com so I'm definitely watching this.

Can't wait for next episode.

It's fantasy I'm worried about ending and love triangle.

Min seok relationship with Mr. Phobia At first I thought of father and Son but I think that's too much , half siblings may be or distant relative.

Daughter of Min jae hee I know her from drama Andante with Exo Kai.

@triplem I think it's worth watching .

@triplem I am liking it so far. It’s rather quirky but in a good way. Been a while since watching this kind of fantasy genre. And like katakwasabi said, there’s substance to the backstory too. There seems to be a message from the story of our leads too. So I think I’ll stay for the ride to see more of Mr.Phobia :lol:

I literally LOL when her panties dropped on the floor, and then also when he shouted “rapist” :joy:

Wahh..I'm glad you guys enjoyed Perfume ep1-4 too @ktcjdramaand @RPM:D

I'm looking forward for more episodes. The teaser for ep 5-6 is out and it looks like there will be angst.

This stair scene though..i think it is nicely made...as if Jaehee is assuring herself that living this dream is okay.

https://youtu.be/0uYMEHZbq_E

One thing I am not used to (yet) is the way PD-nim likes to use light rays from reflections or whatever on the screen... It’s a little bit too much too often I think... Are we supposed to feel like we’re watching from inside a bottle of perfume? :blink: :lol:

Archived