[Drama 2019] Perfume 퍼퓸

larus

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, bubu678 said:

I am Hyejeong/AOA fans, but I like GWH too.

Omona! Thank you for the filming update! Please post more updates if you find any :blush:

I'm a SSR fan and I'm so excited for his first main lead role after like 17 years in kdramas as a supporting character, 2nd lead or villain. I'm wary of romcoms, I have difficulty following romcoms and dropped a lot of em before but I'm on this Perfume train for him. Hahaha

SSR IG update:

Interestingggg...Go Won Hee's character will have a daughter who might be her 'young' age. :lol:

Kim Jin-kyung Recruited for "Perfume"

Source | 2019/04/16 | 107 views | Permalink

posterphoto1053839.jpg

Model and entertainer Kim Jin-kyung is starring in the new KBS 2TV drama "Perfume".

"Perfume" is a fantasy romance about a second chance at life given to a man and a woman who had no tomorrow. Kim Jin-kyung has been cast for the role of Kim Jin-kyeong.

Kim Jin-kyeong is Min Jae-hee's (Go Won-hee) daughter and a teen who's never lost 1st place in school, but she gets offered a model job at a Hallyu star fan meeting and falls into a new life.

Model and entertainer Kim Jin-kyung made her debut through the 2012 TV show "Supermodel Korea 3" and starred in various TV shows such as "Laws of the Jungle" and "We Just Got Married", expanding her territory. She recently made her debut as an actress through a web-drama.

"Perfume" is due for release in June.

"Perfume" is directed by Kim Sang-hwi, written by Choi Hyun-ok-I, and features Shin Sung-rok, Go Won-hee, Cha Ye-ryun, Kim Min-kyu-II, Yeon Min-ji, Kim Jin-kyung. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2019/06~Upcoming, Mon, Tue on KBS.

1 hour ago, bubu678 said:

Omg! I am so excited!!!! 

44 minutes ago, Friendly kitty said:

I remembered "White Christmas" and the blue man in the corner, who was constantly seen by one of the heroes ... Interestingly, here we will see the same thing ???:sweatingbullets::blink:

Lol. I haven't seen white christmas. The blue man sounds interesting though hehe.

First script reading

image_readtop_2019_263983_15562362593726

The actor 's first script reading scene of the' perfume 'actors' explosion of laughter, the laughing flower has caught attention.
In the drama practice room of the KBS annex last five days, the main characters of the "Perfumes" such as Shin Sungrok, Goon Hee, Ha Jae Suk, Cha Yeolyun, Kim Min Kyu, Jo Han Chul, Kim Ki Doo, Kim Jin Kyung, While they were completely immersed in the drama and characters, they laughed at the pleasant scenes.

Before starting to read the script, director Kim Sang-hui said, "It is an honor to work with the best actors." Choi Hyun-ok said, "Life is not a result, but it is good to make a good work, but I hope you enjoyed it." .

Shin Sung-rok said, "The work seems to be very good. I want my precious feeling to be right

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2019/04/263983/

Spoiler

Kyaaaa!!! Excited!!!

Kim Min Kyu, Shin Sung Rok, Cha Ye Ryun, And More Gather For Script Reading For “Perfume”

Kim Min Kyu, Shin Sung Rok, Cha Ye Ryun, And More Gather For Script Reading For “Perfume”

Apr 27, 2019
by S. Park

The cast of KBS 2TV drama “Perfume” tested their chemistry at the first script reading!

“Perfume” is a fantasy romance drama about a genius designer who becomes creatively ill and a mysterious model who comes back from hell. After living their lives like there was no tomorrow, they get the chance to start a new chapter in their lives.

On April 5, the first script reading took place at the KBS Annex drama practice room with Shin Sung Rok, Go Won Hee, Ha Jae Sook, Cha Ye Ryun, Jo Han Chul, Kim Ki Doo, Kim Jin Kyung, Lee Han Wi, Cha Soon Bae, AOA’s Hyejeong, and more in attendance.

Perfume1.jpgPerfume2.jpg Before the script reading began, director Kim Sang Hwi said, “It’s an honor to be able to work with the best actors. I’ll work hard. I ask for the actors to try their best, and let’s do a good job safely until the end.” Writer Choi Hyun Ok added, “Life isn’t a result but a process, so it’s nice to create a good project but I also hope that the process will be fun too.”

“I think the project will be really successful,” said Shin Sung Rok. “I hope that my hunch will be correct.”

Go Won Hee, who will appear as the rising star of the model world named Min Ye Rin, said, “I’m lacking in many ways, but I’ll try my best in order to not be a burden. I’ll participate in this project with a do-or-die mentality.”

Spoiler

Perfume3.jpg

Ha Jae Sook stated, “I think that I met a good project. I’ll try to express it well.” She will portray a super housewife with exceptional housekeeping skills named Min Jae Hee, who has mastered Korean, Chinese, Japanese, and Western dishes along with baking and can find even the smallest piece of dust.

Spoiler

Perfume4.jpg

Cha Ye Ryun will be returning to TV for the first time in four years through this drama. She commented, “I had a baby and there were many changes, but it’s an honor to have met such a good project and I’ll work hard.” The actress will appear as model agency director Han Ji Na, who has both sharp intellect and professionalism.

A source from the drama said, “‘Perfume’ will be a drama full of fun things to watch about a genius designer and a mysterious model. All of the actors and staff are putting their heart and soul to prepare for the drama. Please look forward to it.”

“Perfume” will premiere on June 3. Check out more photos from the script reading below!

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Perfume 퍼퓸 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST - Shin Sung Rok & Go Won Hee - Premieres on June 3rd

Shin Sung Rok Transforms Into A Top Fashion Designer For Upcoming Rom-Com “Perfume”

f6a973f32aac4ca4ab6a023cb1de1dbb.jpeg?s=

KBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Perfume” has released first stills of Shin Sung Rok!

“Perfume” will tell the story about a middle-aged woman who devoted her entire life to her family only to have them taken away from her and a genius fashion designer who has lost the meaning of life. They are both given second chances in life with the help of magical perfume.

Shin Sung Rok has taken on the role of the world-renowned fashion designer Seo Yi Do. He suffers from over 52 different phobias and a total of 35 allergies, but he chooses to live with them by considering them as punishment from a jealous god.

The newly released stills show Seo Yi Do who has just woken up from a nightmare. As a leading fashion designer with the power to influence the entire fashion industry, Seo Yi Do remains stylish even in bed with a unique choice of pajamas.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1322708wpp/shin-sung-rok-transforms-into-a-top-fashion-designer-for-upcoming-rom-com-perfume

Top fashion designer wearing those pijamas! :lol:

Shin Sung Rok And Go Won Hee Share A Confusing But Intense First Meeting In “Perfume”

by C. Hong
b585d42423ee4872a3281c152b32338e.jpeg?s=

KBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Perfume” has released stills of the first meeting between Shin Sung Rok and Go Won Hee’s characters.

“Perfume” tells the story of a genius designer who has fallen into a creative slump and a mysterious fashion model who has come back from hell. After living their lives like there was no tomorrow, they get a second chance at life through a magical perfume.

Shin Sung Rok plays fashion designer Seo Yi Do, who suffers from over 52 phobias and 35 allergies. Go Won Hee plays rising star Min Ye Rin, a top model who is secretive about her private life.

shin-sung-rok-go-won-hee-perfume.jpg

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1323246wpp/shin-sung-rok-and-go-won-hee-share-a-confusing-but-intense-first-meeting-in-perfume

6 hours ago, larus said:

“Perfume” tells the story of a genius designer who has fallen into a creative slump and a mysterious fashion model who has come back from hell.

Is it just me, or the drama description has changed a bit? This is the first time I read the designer is in a slump and the fashion model just came back from hell :sweatingbullets:

Honestly fantasy-romcoms is not my forte. Perfume was never on my radar until SSR joined the cast. 52 phobias and 24 allergies seems far fetched to me, I don't know if its possible in real life...but I do question how on earth can the character function with so many phobias and allergies. Huhu.

Eventhough there are no super big names amongst the cast, they are relatively well-received actors/actresses with good acting chops. I wish them all the best! And have loads of fun filming and may it translate on screen :lol:.

Ps: 

I noticed there are a lot of firsts for the casts:

SSR : 1st role as lead in romcom

GWH: 1st role as lead in a miniseries

KMG: 1st role as lead on a major network drama

Archived