[Drama 2019] Perfume 퍼퓸

larus

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/06/perfume-eps-9-12-spoilers-kim-min-gyu.html?m=1

[Perfume] Eps 9-12 spoilers, Kim Min Gyu ♥ Go Won Hee x Shin Sung Rok

Article: Naver 'Perfume' Cha Ye Ryun asks for help to get back together  Shin Sung Rok to Go Won Hee, "You can fall for me now"  [Eps 9 & 10]

1. [+238,-8]
The drama is really interesting. Shin Sung Rok and Go Won Hee are acting really well here. It'd be good if the pacing doesn't slow down and stays this well. 

2. [+176,-10]
Cha Ye Ryun is really pretty. ㅠㅠ  Anyway, I didn't think Go Won Hee and Shin Sung Rok would match each other so well. 

3. [+145,-10]
Shin Sung Rok-nim's acting is really good... He's kind of cynical, but he's not dislikable at all. He's like a huge-sized dog. Ah, I don't know, I just like him so much. ㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+110,-8]
This is really interesting. ㅠㅠㅠㅠ I think Shin Sung Rok made his character unique. He's funny and cool at the same time... 

5. [+52,-5]
It's such a waste of Shin Sung Rok if he only plays villain roles. Thank you for doing romcom~

6. [+45,-3]
Shin Sung Rok's acting is really good. What would we do if he did basketball instead? And the scriptwriter's writing skills are good. The books Shin Sung Rok read are masterpieces. And they provide hints about Shin Sung Rok's feelings and what he's thinking. I didn't know that's such a good scriptwriter?? Why are you only appearing now? Also, the PD films it well. This is the best romcom drama among all cable and public tv channels!!!

7. [+40,-3]
If Go Jun Hee did this role.. I'm sorry, but I don't think her chemistry with Shin Sung Rok won't surpass Go Won Hee's with Shin Sung Rok.. Ah~ it's been a while since I'm watching a drama on its first broadcast. 

8. [+31,-4]
I have fallen for you too, is that okay~~? ♡

Article: Naver 'Perfume' Kim Min Gyu  Go Won Hee begin their fake relationship  Shin Sung Rok witnesses the confession[Eps 11 & 12]

1. [+302,-11]
It's fun!!! I hope the ratings go up!!! 

2. [+228,-6]
The chemistry between Shin Sung Rok and Go Won Hee is out of this world. And I really like it when Seo Yi Do tries to drag Mi Yoo to the hospital after she drugged him and lied that he slept with her. 

3. [+208,-7]
Shin Sung Rok's acting today is the best too. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+108,-3]
Shin Sung Rok is so cute and his acting is great! He makes me look forward to next week's episodes~~

5. [+48,-2]
Shin Sung Rok was doing his monologue scene, but I could see real acting from there. Jjang. 

6. [+35,-1]
Ha Jae Suk-ssi is the prettiest person I've seen among all overweight people. There's no reason to lose weight if you're healthy. She's pretty even if she doesn't lose weight. They made her look more overweight than she is, but she doesn't look awkward in it. I'm 

enjoying this drama. 

7. [+35,-2]
No, but has Shin Sung Rok always been that handsome? I really like him these days. ㅠㅠ

8. [+32,-1]
Shin Sung Rok is so charismatic. ♡ He's cool too. 

9. [+31,-0]
Ye Rin-ah, I'm sick. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

It's such a waste of Shin Sung Rok if he only plays villain roles. Thank you for doing romcom~

So agree with this ...watching this week’s episodes & I realise how much I adore mr Phobia & Ye Rin together. She’s unwittingly changed him & took him out of his comfort zone . And he in some ways is teaching her to love & value herself . 

By the way , is Miss Han married to someone else ? I’m a little confused with the love quadrangle :lol:. She used to date both guys right ? 

4 minutes ago, triplem said:

So agree with this ...watching this week’s episodes & I realise how much I adore mr Phobia & Ye Rin together. She’s unwittingly changed him & took him out of his comfort zone . And he in some ways is teaching her to love & value herself . 

By the way , is Miss Han married to someone else ? I’m a little confused with the love quadrangle :lol:. She used to date both guys right ? 

Yes,she in course of divorce so she is still married at the moment....From the gist i got was that she dated Yi Do for 3 years and she cheated on him with Min Suk,both for their own reasons...Her most likely because she wanted to make him feel jealous or something as she knew he still loved his first love and we still need to know why MinSuk hates him so much..After that she got married i guess,like a tantrum or desperation in the moment and clearly didn't work...

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Agree2. They are so compatible. Ye Rin is an ahjumma in her 20's and she acts like one. They unexpectedly bring out the best out of each other. Knetz say Yi Do has peter-pan syndrome (a syndrome I never knew existed). Haha. So I googled it, peter pan syndrome is an 'inability to grow up or engage in behaviour usually associated with adulthood'...well, that does sounds like Yi Do :sweatingbullets:. He reacts like a kid, has problems conveying his thoughts and come out harsh.  He even wore this peterpan looking pyjamas hahahahaha

f6a973f32aac4ca4ab6a023cb1de1dbb.jpeg?s=

5 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

6. [+45,-3]
Shin Sung Rok's acting is really good. What would we do if he did basketball instead? And the scriptwriter's writing skills are good. The books Shin Sung Rok read are masterpieces. And they provide hints about Shin Sung Rok's feelings and what he's thinking. I didn't know that's such a good scriptwriter?? Why are you only appearing now? Also, the PD films it well. This is the best romcom drama among all cable and public tv channels!!!

I agree with the books. I like how the books he reads is part of the narrative and not just as props. Yi Do is an ultimate bookworm. He reads in nearly all his freetime scenes. Even in his dream he reads. Heh.

On 6/19/2019 at 3:38 AM, Miky88 said:

Damn,i was expecting Yi Do to throw water at Min Suk from his balcony in the last scene:joy:

I actually think that Jae Hee had continued to keep Yi Do Spartan Diet i think she would have lost a lot of weight even when she was Ye Rin,somehow as weird as it sounds i think it would have affected the real body..I'm yet again plesantly suprised that the characters are most of it sincere,like Min Suk telling Ye Rin all about his past relationship and pictures...That Mayu is such a oportunist and Yi Do really knew she was a fox,i'm quite sure this stuff also happenes in real like in k-industry(trying to say that even if many are jerks saying the woman was the victim by default is tendious,there are planty of foxes out there)

Lol! I do think he will throw water at them in ep13 :joy:

Jaehee is continuing the diet. She looked so happy that she lost a bit of weight. I agree with the characters being sincere, it took me by surprise too. Min Suk was honest with Ye Rin and also Ji Na. Even Jina apologized to Ye Rin for overstepping when she told her to move out from Yi Do's house.

Ma yu is the only character I can't stand now. Such an opportunist but not bright in the head. She thought she can win over Yi Do with measly tricks. Tsk2. Yi Do dragging her out to go to the hospital was amazing. He is smart! 

@katakwasabi watching the end of Monday’s eps . About to move onto Tuesday’s . I squealed when he said you have permission to fall for me now :joy:. I also notice how much he reads . I love that whole scene where they were at the planetarium ( ?) . For someone like Ye Rin, who  felt under appreciated & ignored all her life , it feels great to have someone show sincere appreciation for your efforts. He may not say it but the way he enjoyed her meals & rushed to her side  each time she was in danger speaks volumes . I also like the conversation she had with her daughter. I hope Ye Rin sees that she’s done something right - her daughter is actually very matured ; I was so moved when the Daughter instead of being self centered, actually hopes her mum will rediscover her dreams etc .

4 hours ago, triplem said:

@katakwasabi watching the end of Monday’s eps . About to move onto Tuesday’s . I squealed when he said you have permission to fall for me now :joy:. I also notice how much he reads . I love that whole scene where they were at the planetarium ( ?) . For someone like Ye Rin, who  felt under appreciated & ignored all her life , it feels great to have someone show sincere appreciation for your efforts. He may not say it but the way he enjoyed her meals & rushed to her side  each time she was in danger speaks volume . I also like the conversation she had with her daughter. I hope Ye Rin sees that she’s done something right - her daughter is actually very matured ; I was so moved when thr Daughter instead of being self centered, actually hopes her mum will rediscover her dreams etc .

Hehe. What happened after his confession was pretty hilarious and sad at the same time. It took him a lot of effort to say that but Ye Rin didn't even register what he said :sweatingbullets:.

I adore Yi Do and Jaehee/Yerin. Jinkyung is also on my adore list. She is so matured and nice. I like that she confronts her friend to stop harrasing Yerin who did nothing wrong. I also like how she stands up for her mum in front of her dad. Dad seems very shaken with the image of Ye Rin. I didn't expect dad to be affected considering he does have a mistress <_<.

Personal memorable moments of ep 11-12:

1) Yi Do dragging Mi Yu to the hospital for a checkup.

2) Yi Do calling Ye Rin first when he was sick.

3) Jinkyung's fight with dad. Jinkyung defending mum is the best.

4) Ye rin lecturing the fan girls. She was so matter of fact and looked so cool.

5) Yi Do looking like a floor lamp during Yerin-MinSuk date hahahaha

Spoiler

Creative-simple-floor-lamps-modern-stand

@katakwasabi I miss their interactions on Tuesday’s episodes & I’m looking forward to next week where we can resume their bickering. I love her ahjumma way of nagging & talking to him , and his childish responses. :lol:. He’s so into her but in such great denial . ( Though it’s so amusing to see him all jealous.)  I felt so bad that she was not by his side when he called her & she send Ji Na . Dunno why but Ji Na’s character is not one I can warm up to but not that I hate her either . As to Min Suk he’s cute & all but I can’t feel that connection btwn him & Ye rin - maybe cuz they are  in different stations in life emotionally .

Are E Do & Min Kyu siblings or something? What’s the history btwn the two ? It can’t be just because of Ji Na right ? 

On 6/20/2019 at 8:19 PM, katakwasabi said:

Yi Do looking like a floor lamp during Yerin-MinSuk date hahahaha

Lol!! So true.  I love it when he was stalking her . 

7 hours ago, triplem said:

@katakwasabi I miss their interactions on Tuesday’s episodes & I’m looking forward to next week where we can resume their bickering. I love her ahjumma way of nagging & talking to him , and his childish responses. :lol:. He’s so into her but in such great denial . ( Though it’s so amusing to see him all jealous.)  I felt so bad that she was not by his side when he called her & she send Ji Na . Dunno why but Ji Na’s character is not one I can warm up to but not that I hate her either . As to Min Kyu, he’s cute & all but I can’t feel that connection btwn him & Ye rin - maybe cuz they are  in different stations in life emotionally .

Are E Do & Min Kyu siblings or something? What’s the history btwn the two ? It can’t be just because of Ji Na right ? 

Lol!! So true.  I love it when he was stalking her . 

I think MinKyu and Yi Do are related/reatives because Yi Do hates his relatives. I'm not sure how they are related though. 

I miss Yi Do-Yerin interaction too. He looked so sad when he woke up and it was not Yerin by his side. They are so adorable. It feels and looks like they are the same age eventhough Ye Rin or Go Won Hee is actually way way younger than Yi Do. I had a good laugh when Yi Do was eavesdropping his workers conversation about her boyfriend. I noticed the age difference from the character descriptions...didn't expect the writer to include it in the script and Yi Do's delusion lol

Same here I have no feelings for Ji Na as of yet. Min Suk is nice but he also leaves no mark to me. Hehehehe

I hope ep 13 will give us more Yido-yerin...they are so fun individually but more fun together ahaha. But 1st thing I want to see in ep 13 is Mi Yu getting fired! I don't want her around Yi Do or Ye Rin or around any character :joy:

Perfume drama introduction according to KBS website. (Google translate, there might be errors)

We all make mistakes, fail and sometimes make the wrong choice.
We are all incomplete, human beings.

But I think about it.
The price of a moment's choice is not too harsh.
With one choice, someone loses a precious dream.
Someone's lost their love forever.
Some people lose the meaning of life.

Even if we make a family that is the foundation of the community by offering a whole life
In a world where housewives are not even recognized as categories of occupations
There is a woman who is deprived of her family at the age of middle age.

The man who got stuck because he could not even have the courage to challenge his love.
I only loved one woman, but I could not love her
There is a man who has lost the meaning of life and whose body and mind are sick.

The miracle of a lifetime that has come to their lives, which has been a catastrophe!
Can we really achieve dreams and love this time?
I dream of a world where everyone can have a chance
It invites you to the world of the second episode of life, transformation fantasy.

Spoiler

기획의도

우리는 누구나 실수를 하고 실패를 하고 때로는 잘못된 선택을 하면서 살고 있다. 
우리는 모두 불완전한 존재, 인간이기 때문이다. 
그러나 문득 생각해본다.  
순간의 선택으로 인한 대가는 너무나 가혹하지 않은지. 
한 번의 선택으로 누군가는 소중한 꿈을 잃고
누군가는 평생의 사랑을 잃고 
누군가는 삶의 의미를 잃어버리기도 한다. 

일생을 통째로 바쳐 공동체의 근본이 되는 가정을 일구어도 
전업주부는 직업의 카테고리로 인정조차 받지 못하는 세상에서 
중년이 다 된 나이에 가정을 빼앗기고 절망에 빠진 여자가 있다.   

사랑에 도전해볼 용기조차 없었기에 우물쭈물하다 스텝이 꼬여버린 남자.  
오직 한 여자를 사랑해서, 하지만 그 여자를 사랑할 수 없었기에 
삶의 의미를 잃어버리고 몸과 마음이 병들어버린 남자가 있다.  

파국으로 치닫던 그들의 삶에 찾아온 일생일대의 기적! 
이번에는 정말 꿈과 사랑을 성취할 수 있을까? 
누구나 재도전의 기회를 가질 수 있는 세상을 꿈꾸며 
인생 2회 차, 변신 판타지의 세계로 여러분을 초대한다.

Model Jang Yoon Joo To Make A Cameo In “Perfume”

by C. Hong
60db6d592d5d422a8b126d47547eb726.jpeg?s=

Model Jang Yoon Joo will be making a cameo appearance in the KBS drama “Perfume!”

“Perfume” stars Shin Sung Rok and Go Won Hee in a story about a genius designer who falls into a creative slump and a middle-aged woman who is given a second chance at life through a magical perfume.

Jang Yoon Joo’s cameo will be her first acting appearance in four years. She stars as herself, a top model named Jang Yoon Joo who has worked with Seo Yi Do (Shin Sung Rok) for a long time. She requests a dress from Seo Yi Do to wear to a film festival, and while Seo Yi Do is designing a unique dress for her, she finds out a secret about him.

In stills released of Jang Yoon Joo’s cameo, she meets with Seo Yi Do in a parking lot on their way to dinner together and teases him. When he suddenly disappears, however, she goes in search for him before bursting out in laughter.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1333920wpp/model-jang-yoon-joo-to-make-a-cameo-in-perfume

I saw a comment saying Yi Do looks like Nobita from Doraemon. I had to compare...

20190623_072414.jpg

I can't unsee....hahahahaha

9 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

This drama is one of my favourites.  It is so comic :D

btw,  the actor is more into musical theatre, This accounts for his exaggerated  acting style :D I really like him

Hi there! I think it's the first time we cross paths on soompi. Glad you're enjoying the drama. Yay! 

Shin Sung Rok is a well known musical actor. I like him too~ his acting style actually suits the character, I can't imagine anyone else in his role :). 

Go Won Hee And Shin Sung Rok Get Hearts Racing As They Get Closer In “Perfume”

by S. Park
6e95d4b9e6ec4d1ebb1196b7d5ae7ac4.jpeg?s=

Go Won Hee and Shin Sung Rok were spotted getting cozy on “Perfume.”

Shin Sung Rok portrays Seo Yi Do, a man who finds himself catching feelings for someone who he made bring him meals. Go Won Hee plays the role of Min Ye Ri, who gets a miraculous second chance at life but is still struggling as she’s bound to a five-month dating contract with Seo Yi Do.

Last week, Seo Yi Do passed out after calling Min Ye Rin for help after Son Mi Yoo (played by Shin Hye Jung) concocted a plan and gave him a drink of juice and alcohol. He felt reassured when he briefly opened his eyes and saw Min Ye Rin, but was disappointed to see Han Ji Na (played by Cha Ye Ryun) sitting in front of him. However, this happened because Min Ye Rin mistakenly thought Seo Yi Do’s painful first love was Han Ji Na and called her there.

In the stills, Seo Yi Do gives a one-on-one tutoring session on fashion shows to Min Ye Rin who’s losing confidence in modeling. He evaluates her fashion sense and walking, and passionately shows an example. When Min Ye Rin loses more confidence as the lesson continues, Seo Yi Do feels upset and gets close to her. The two get so close that their lips are mere inches apart, making viewers wonder if the fantasy romance of the drama will officially kick start.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1334033wpp/go-won-hee-and-shin-sung-rok-get-hearts-racing-as-they-get-closer-in-perfume

I think they are purposely styling Yi Do with child themed outfits when he is not working. There is such a contrast between his work attire and his lounge clothes. Hahaha

Work attire

20190623_183712.jpg

Lounging~ :lol:

20190623_175808.jpg

Regardless what he wears, he looks good. Hehe. I like him more when he's normal and unexpectedly says nice and supportive words to Jaehee. But he's outlandish reactions are funny~ :joy:

Jaehee is love!

20190623_184638.jpg

Archived