[Drama 2019] Perfume 퍼퓸

larus

47 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

One thing I am not used to (yet) is the way PD-nim likes to use light rays from reflections or whatever on the screen... It’s a little bit too much too often I think... Are we supposed to feel like we’re watching from inside a bottle of perfume? :blink: :lol:

Same here, I'm not used to it yet. But yesterday I watched ep 3 on TV, it was pretty on a huge screen and in HD. Maybe we are supposed to feel like watching from inside a perfume bottle. At times it reminds me of shiny CD reflections. Haha

@Ameera Alilol! Nah..i think he is imagining things again. He has a wild imagination this one. :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched tuesdays eps only now cos my wifi connection didn't cooperate me so far! :D

And I must say that I really like this series more than Shin Sung Rok's previous **** drama The Last Empress! This is perfectly toned for his comic side! :) I am so in to his character! And oh my... he has ages of phobias & allergies.... But I am so curios to know his past & why he dislike our heroine's younger face..! And what would be his reaction when he witness the fat heroine..???! And who really is the old man who gave the perfume to her..???! :w00t: This is so worth watching!! 

For now, I am pretty much catching up with every character... No annoyings so far! Looking forward to see the next eps.... The plot is really light & loving! I hope the ratings keep steady as well!!! 

image_readtop_2019_317898_15578802833749

By the way, Shin Sung Rok looks too skinny in some frames! Please be healthy even if you are skinny, Sir! :wub:  I am really enjoying you r drama!! 

61416890_1622072544603870_18296221750448

Just found the viki page for Perfume in case if anyone is interested in... :heart:

https://www.viki.com/tv/36622c-perfume?locale=en

wave to dear @katakwasabi @ktcjdrama @Ameera Ali @triplem & long time no see @RPM chingu!! Hope you are all fine :) 

This is a real masterpiece! Drama is gorgeous !!!
Two hours of continuous laughter ...:joy::joy::joy:
From the very beginning they were able to captivate. First, a fashion designer talking about death, then this imaginary trap for her husband...
And then it was only more interesting and more interesting with every minute.
 Shin Sung Rok is just great! His facial expression is fantastic. I could not even imagine that he was playing such an amazing comedy ... As he was afraid of everything! Especially, evil-evil and terrible-terrible dog!:mrgreen:
And immediately wondering what happened in his childhood, which led to such anger and a lot of phobias and allergies. Whom does a girl remind him of? Mother?:blink:

24 minutes ago, Friendly kitty said:

This is a real masterpiece! Drama is gorgeous !!!
Two hours of continuous laughter ...:joy::joy::joy:
From the very beginning they were able to captivate. First, a fashion designer talking about death, then this imaginary trap for her husband...
And then it was only more interesting and more interesting with every minute.
 Shin Sung Rok is just great! His facial expression is fantastic. I could not even imagine that he was playing such an amazing comedy ... As he was afraid of everything! Especially, evil-evil and terrible-terrible dog!:mrgreen:
And immediately wondering what happened in his childhood, which led to such anger and a lot of phobias and allergies. Whom does a girl remind him of? Mother?:blink:

Yay! Glad you enjoyed the ep!

My theory is: Jaehee was his childhood friend and also his muse before she dissapeared. It has been 17 years since Jae Hee dissapeared from the modeling industry and also maybe from his life. Suddenly she reappears in front of Yi Do as her younger self. He dismisses her as being Jae Hee he once knew because she is young.

-end of theory-

Hehehe 

Edit:.i think my own theory is wrong. Childhood friend surely knows his phobias. No? Hahaha. Unless the phobias and allergies came later as he aged~ huuu

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

Yay! Glad you enjoyed the ep!

My theory is: Jaehee was his childhood friend and also his muse before she dissapeared. It has been 17 years since Jae Hee dissapeared from the modeling industry and also maybe from his life. Suddenly she reappears in front of Yi Do as her younger self. He dismisses her as being Jae Hee he once knew because she is young.

-end of theory-

Hehehe 

Edit:.i think my own theory is wrong. Childhood friend surely knows his phobias. No? Hahaha. Unless the phobias and allergies came later as he aged~ huuu

I have same theory as yours... ;) 

and I do think the phobias and allergies developed later. In fact, he became like now it’s due to JH no longer in his life...

33 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I have same theory as yours... ;) 

and I do think the phobias and allergies developed later. In fact, he became like now it’s due to JH no longer in his life...

Yay same theory!! I hope it will be told early on and not dragged to final few eps. Please2~

I found this..i don't know who the singer is. But I like this ost and it sounds good with a male singer too~ hehe

Hi dear chingu,

I think i have some theory for this drama

Maybe it was Min Jae Hee was saving Seo Yi Do from the river as a child but he couldnt remember.

I done watching 2 episode of perfume but i not yet watch episode 3

Dear Perfume,

I have been so excited since I heard of SSR's new show. However, it is with great regret I must mention that I haven't warmed up to the show yet. I think the female lead's hair is kind of distracting.

But SSR looks sooooooooooooo good. I'm feasting my eyes on him. A real treat for sore eyes. It also helps that he's so charming. He's charming even when he played a villain. :P It's really unfair how effortlessly charming SSR is no matter what role he takes up. There's an innate charm in him.

I am hoping the show gets better because I had been waiting to see SSR in a rom-com after I watched The Last Empress. He has brilliant comic timing.  Not everyone is well-versed in the art of comic timing.  He's a natural. Being such  a brilliant actor , he makes watching his shows a real treat for the audience. 

This brings me to another of my quibbles. Although the show is touted as 'comic', the comedy seems quite 'forced', contrived. They really need to up the ante to prevent the show from being just another 'rom-com'. The female lead although I sympathize with her situation, being a middle-aged homemaker , stuck in a rut for 17 years, unfortunately isn't really pulling her weight, or is it just the script?  The show sometimes gives me the vibes of 'Romance Is a Bonus Book' , a show I wasn't really a big fan of.

SSR has my love and complete support though the show hasn't been successful in engaging my interest yet. I don't wait with bated breath as I had been for his previous show. It's a little disappointing to me because he's such a brilliant actor. It seems a 'waste' of his talent. Please redeem yourself and live up to our expectations dear 'Perfume'! A lot is riding on you, especially since you have such a versatile actor in your kitty.

A very very disappointed fan...:tears:

9 hours ago, confusedheart7997 said:

Dear Perfume,

I have been so excited since I heard of SSR's new show. However, it is with great regret I must mention that I haven't warmed up to the show yet. I think the female lead's hair is kind of distracting.

But SSR looks sooooooooooooo good. I'm feasting my eyes on him. A real treat for sore eyes. It also helps that he's so charming. He's charming even when he played a villain. :P It's really unfair how effortlessly charming SSR is no matter what role he takes up. There's an innate charm in him.

I am hoping the show gets better because I had been waiting to see SSR in a rom-com after I watched The Last Empress. He has brilliant comic timing.  Not everyone is well-versed in the art of comic timing.  He's a natural. Being such  a brilliant actor , he makes watching his shows a real treat for the audience. 

This brings me to another of my quibbles. Although the show is touted as 'comic', the comedy seems quite 'forced', contrived. They really need to up the ante to prevent the show from being just another 'rom-com'. The female lead although I sympathize with her situation, being a middle-aged homemaker , stuck in a rut for 17 years, unfortunately isn't really pulling her weight, or is it just the script?  The show sometimes gives me the vibes of 'Romance Is a Bonus Book' , a show I wasn't really a big fan of.

SSR has my love and complete support though the show hasn't been successful in engaging my interest yet. I don't wait with bated breath as I had been for his previous show. It's a little disappointing to me because he's such a brilliant actor. It seems a 'waste' of his talent. Please redeem yourself and live up to our expectations dear 'Perfume'! A lot is riding on you, especially since you have such a versatile actor in your kitty.

A very very disappointed fan...:tears:

Awww. Its unfortunate your expectations are not met. I do think this drama is an acquired taste. From the getgo it tackles a taboo: suicide. Followed by murder. Followed by embarrasement of body type. It is an encapsulation of all sorts of social issues and it was thrown at the viewers in ep 1. All the above issues were included in the promo and descriptions. The promos made my expectations for the plot of this drama low, very low. I'm kinda glad I followed it from the beginning. Hahaha

With that said..I watched it lightly with not much in mind. I do agree the humor is kinda forced (at times) but overall I found the episodes enjoyable. I also don't think this is a normal romcom. But that's just me. I followed nearly all the updates ever since the casting news were confirmed (I camped in DC gallery, read kviewers theories etc:ph34r:), and I can't envision a happy ending for both of them together. Please surprise me drama!

Anyways..just wanna share some scenes that stood out most for me:

1) Yido's pep talk to JaeHee: View yourself through your eyes, not the eyes of others

2) the elevator scene. One would assume Yido will tell the bigger lady to go out, but he told the more thinner and more attractive lady who got in last to exit the elevator

3) JinKyung telling her mum's backstory to her friend. How she and dad trampled mum's self esteem. How she regrets doing it.

4) JaeHee and Yerin at the stairs. It was beautifully edited.

I personally think (as of ep 4) this drama is about Jae Hee. She is the one narrating, she is the one in the 1st poster and at the center of the group photo. Both Ha Jae Suk and Go Won Hee are doing a great job. Imo, they do look alike, so the change from 40yo Jaehee to 20yo Jaehee seems more natural. I adore SSR to bits, he is a good actor but underrated. TLE made more aware of his existence, however with that came more expectations for him to meet. This is his first venture into main lead territory. He is so confident with this drama he chose. I'm sure he has reasons why. 

I don't want to over analyze a drama, even more only 4 episodes in and my theories could be totally wrong. But here I am once again. Dang it. I need to learn self control. Haha

2 episodes in and i'm already adoring both leads,each one of them have such quirky personalities that makes them so enjoyable and a fresh air...I actually like Yi Do,even if he has a spiteful mouth deep down he is actually kind and for one think that in such a short time Ye Rin(Jae Hee) already has him in the palm of her hand and knows how to handle him to get away with things...I'm actually curious they are actually the same age range(more or less) or she is older by far...Can i say that i find it so refreshing that our heroine is soooo smart,creative and knows to do so many stuff and is witty and all(unlike many naive heroines)...

I must say her life is quite sad,being embarrassed and looked down by all her family and worst,that she began to hate herself so much to think to end her life like that,that was truly sad...I could really feel the raw sadness and regret she had in her heart for the dream she lost and the life she could have...

Go Won Hee Reinvents Herself Through Dramatic Makeover On “Perfume”

by E. Cha
b870d87eb14341b386fa1a26a51d314e.jpeg?s=

Go Won Hee will be making a glamorous transformation on the next episode of “Perfume”!

On June 8, the new KBS 2TV fantasy romance drama unveiled a sneak peek of Go Won Hee’s updated look from its upcoming episode. The newly released stills show her character Min Ye Rin looking young and beautiful as she cuts her own hair and sheds her frizzy look for a sleeker, more youthful style.

Despite being aware of the fact that she will face death if she uses up all of the magical perfume responsible for her physical transformation, Min Ye Rin has been through so much pain and suffering in her life that she is now recklessly unafraid to pursue her dreams.

As she embarks on the second chapter of her life, Min Ye Rin is more determined than ever to fulfill her unrealized dream of becoming a successful model—and the new photos show the character posing for a pictorial in an elegant dress and passionately singing her heart out in a recording studio as she jumps headfirst into her new career.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1330619wpp/go-won-hee-reinvents-herself-through-dramatic-makeover-on-perfume

8 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Awww. Its unfortunate your expectations are not met. I do think this drama is an acquired taste. From the getgo it tackles a taboo: suicide. Followed by murder. Followed by embarrasement of body type. It is an encapsulation of all sorts of social issues and it was thrown at the viewers in ep 1. All the above issues were included in the promo and descriptions. The promos made my expectations for the plot of this drama low, very low. I'm kinda glad I followed it from the beginning. Hahaha

With that said..I watched it lightly with not much in mind. I do agree the humor is kinda forced (at times) but overall I found the episodes enjoyable. I also don't think this is a normal romcom. But that's just me. I followed nearly all the updates ever since the casting news were confirmed (I camped in DC gallery, read kviewers theories etc:ph34r:), and I can't envision a happy ending for both of them together. Please surprise me drama!

Anyways..just wanna share some scenes that stood out most for me:

1) Yido's pep talk to JaeHee: View yourself through your eyes, not the eyes of others

2) the elevator scene. One would assume Yido will tell the bigger lady to go out, but he told the more thinner and more attractive lady who got in last to exit the elevator

3) JinKyung telling her mum's backstory to her friend. How she and dad trampled mum's self esteem. How she regrets doing it.

4) JaeHee and Yerin at the stairs. It was beautifully edited.

I personally think (as of ep 4) this drama is about Jae Hee. She is the one narrating, she is the one in the 1st poster and at the center of the group photo. Both Ha Jae Suk and Go Won Hee are doing a great job. Imo, they do look alike, so the change from 40yo Jaehee to 20yo Jaehee seems more natural. I adore SSR to bits, he is a good actor but underrated. TLE made more aware of his existence, however with that came more expectations for him to meet. This is his first venture into main lead territory. He is so confident with this drama he chose. I'm sure he has reasons why. 

I don't want to over analyze a drama, even more only 4 episodes in and my theories could be totally wrong. But here I am once again. Dang it. I need to learn self control. Haha

He's the only reason why I am going to continue. He has won me over in TLE. I never found myself as conflicted as I was when I was watching TLE. Even surprising myself by supporting our beloved 'Pyeha'! 

I wish SSR all the luck in the world as he pursues his career as the male lead. He is such a versatile actor that he effortlessly slips into his characters, charming his audience.

P.S. I love his voice. #fangirl 

Cha Ye Ryun Thanks Husband Joo Sang Wook For Sending Food To Set Of “Perfume”

by C. Hong
20269ac0629745a2b6c103deb5c128bd.jpeg?s=

Joo Sang Wook prepared a sweet surprise for his wife Cha Ye Ryun!

On June 8, Cha Ye Ryun shared a photo of the food that her husband had sent her on the set of her latest drama, “Perfume.” In the photos, Cha Ye Ryun and Joo Sang Wook pose together in front of the tables and banners that he had set up.

The banners read, “In commemoration of ‘Perfume’ getting No. 1 in ratings, Joo Sang Wook is buying! Let’s pass 8 percent and get to 20 percent!” Another banner reads, “Please enjoy this food and look after my wife.”

n the caption, Cha Ye Ryun wrote, “Thank you, husband. This gives me the strength to film. I can depend on you to have my back. Let’s get ‘Perfume’ to 20 percent [ratings].”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1330653wpp/cha-ye-ryun-thanks-husband-joo-sang-wook-for-sending-food-to-set-of-perfume

Archived