[Drama 2019] Perfume 퍼퓸

larus

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Character posters are out! Eventhough the posters are colourful, imo it exudes mystery rather than normal romcom vibes. Hua3 

Spoiler

Source: http://m.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201905200838410310#_enliple

Trans by google translate

-----

KBS 2TV 'Perfume' Shin Sung Rok - Ko Won Hee - Cha Yeolryun - Ha Jae Sook - Kim Min Kyu has released 'Five Color Charm Character Cut' which contains the character 's double sensibility.

KBS 2TV drama 'PERFUM' (Play Hyun Choi / Directed by Kim Sang-hui / Producer Hoga Entertainment, Daily Pictures) is a genius designer who has been sickly infected and a suspicious fashion model returning from hell. It is the 'Fantasy Romance' drama of the second time in life that came to two men and women. In this regard, the character cut of Shin Sungrok, Gwon Won Hee, Cha Yeol Ryun, Ha Jae Sook, and Kim Min Kyu who are distinguished by his and her two faces catches attention. It is evoking anticipation about the second life 'fantasy romance' revealing hidden personality in mind that is in reverse with the colorful appearance of each character. The first is the power-type that has been delicately infected with creativity, the genius designer Seo Doo Shin Sungrok is revealing the charismatic force of the best designer in Korea, which is a work of art itself, in a mysterious purple color. However, they seem to have stayed in their childhood, and the appearance of a pure smile like a child is superimposed and robs their eyes. Min Ye Rin, a lucky lady who is a lucky star in her life, is posing as a modeling rising star in an enviable pink color. But on top of that, she laughs lovingly, collects her hands, and gives an atmosphere filled with hope to attract attention.

------

Seems like they are playing with colours. I suppose each colour represents a meaning.

Gahhhh..gimme more cute Shin Sung Rok! The stern face still sends psycho vibes. Hahaha

Go Won Hee's character poster is in pink.

Cha Ye Ryun in orange

I was curious with the words scribbled on the poster and I thought it was grammatically weird. So I googled it up..turns out the words are actually song lyrics. Maybe we will hear this song in the teaser? I noticed KBS recent teasers utilizes english songs. I like the song choices for Dan, One Love teasers. Haha

Dami Im - Alive lyrics snippet

Don't keep waiting for an open door
Break the lock and get something more
Make a move 'cause you're alive, alive
We ain't gonna get a second chance

Life ain't nothing but a crazy dance
Learn the moves 'cause you're alive, alive

Full lyrics under tab.

Spoiler

Dami Im - Alive
I'm coming out from the shadows
Shooting straight like an arrow
Ain't nothing gonna slow me down, slow me down, yeah
I'm gonna flow like a cool breeze
Stand taller than a palm tree
Ain't nothing gonna cut me down, cut me down, yeah

I remember all the words you said
That a crazy heart can never rest
And when your light starts fading out, fading out

Learn the moves 'cause you're alive

Never had to go it solo
'Cause your love wrapped me head to toe
All I wanted was to make you proud, make you proud, yeah
I just wanna hold you so close
In return be your rain coat
When the rain wants to drown you out, drown you out, yeah

I remember all the words you said
That a crazy heart can never rest
And when your light starts fading now, fading now

We're alive, we're alive, we're alive, live
We're alive, we're alive, oh we're alive, alive

You can always break the rules
You can always dare to dance
But you gotta take a chance, a chance
You can always break the rules
You can always dare to dance
But you gotta take a chance, a chance

Hello all :love:

I was silently reading this thread so far & finally decided to join with the fun! :)

And yyayyy!!! Finally, Shin Sung Rok in his 1st lead role in rom-com! I am definitely looking forward to this. :) I loved his performance in The Last Empress & the 1st trailer of Perfume is looking so cute!! :heart: His comic time is excellent!

photo1060264.jpg

11 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Character posters are out! Eventhough the posters are colourful, imo it exudes mystery rather than normal romcom vibes. Hua3

Seems like they are playing with colours. I suppose each colour represents a meaning.

Yeah... I also believe so chingu! :) Each character has an independent color & I wonder why they are all doubled in vision..??! :huh: Do they have 2 different personality or something unique.???!

These are the weirdest posters I've ever seen in a KBS drama! :D They themselves are all enough to grab our attention! I can't wait for the press con & the premiere!!!!!

And you seem like a big fan of Shin Sung Rok, dear friend! :) keep updating about his sweet stuff here! The man himself is all set to launch his next product!! :D

Wave to my dear @triplem chingu! So nice to hear that you are gonna watch this with us darling! :heart: Let's have fun!!

May 20 2019

5 character posters for KBS2 drama series “Perfume”

Perfume-cpSM1.jpg

Here’s 5 character posters for upcoming KBS2 drama series “Perfume” starring Go Won-Hee and Shin Sung-Rok. The character posters are of Go Won-Hee as Min Ye-Rin, Shin Sung-Rok as Seo Yi-Do, Cha Ye-Ryun as Han Ji-Na, Kim Min-Kyu as Yoon Min-Seok and Ha Jae-Suk as Min Jae-Hee.

Go Won-Hee’s Min Ye-Rin is a rising model. Shin Sung-Rok’s Seo Yi-Do is a genius, but mean spirited fashion designer. Cha Ye-Ryun’s Han Ji-Na used to be a top model and she now works as the director of a modeling agency. Kim Min-Kyu’s Yoon Min-Seok is a star idol. Ha Jae-Suk’s Min Jae-Hee is a housewife and she is a big fan of idol Yoon Min-Seok. Caption on the character posters states in English “Make a move … ’cause you’re alive, alive … We ain’t gonna get a second chance.”

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/5-character-posters-for-kbs2-drama-series-perfume

2 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Hello all :love:

I was silently reading this thread so far & finally decided to join with the fun! :)

And yyayyy!!! Finally, Shin Sung Rok in his 1st lead role in rom-com! I am definitely looking forward to this. :) I loved his performance in The Last Empress & the 1st trailer of Perfume is looking so cute!! :heart: His comic time is excellent!

Yeah... I also believe so chingu! :) Each character has an independent color & I wonder why they are all doubled in vision..??! :huh: Do they have 2 different personality or something unique.???!

These are the weirdest posters I've ever seen in a KBS drama! :D They themselves are all enough to grab our attention! I can't wait for the press con & the premiere!!!!!

And you seem like a big fan of Shin Sung Rok, dear friend! :) keep updating about his sweet stuff here! The man himself is all set to launch his next product!! :D

Wave to my dear @triplem chingu! So nice to hear that you are gonna watch this with us darling! :heart: Let's have fun!!

Yay! Welcome2! The more the merrier~ ngahaha

I like the posters. The colours are pretty. I wonder about the meaning too. And I noticed only CYR's poster is different, her double is not directly overlapping like the others...hohoho

Heh. I'm a big SSR fan or maybe just the one most often posting about him on Soompi thread :joy:. Sometimes I'm afraid I might offend others due to my frequent posts. If I accidently offended anyone, mianhae~ I'm trying to keep his own thread updated as often as possible. I claim to like several other actors, but none comes close to how deep I'm willing to dig for more info. I entered the wonders of DC gallery because SSR news is so limited elsewhere :sweatingbullets:. I hope more will like him too. He is a talented actor usually relegated to 2nd lead or supporting roles in kdramas. I don't mind him being 2nd lead or part of an ensemble, he usually shines most anyways. Hahaha. Oh..and his voice. His voice is awesome.

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

Yay! Welcome2! The more the merrier~ ngahaha

Oh YYAYY!!!! :blush:

Thanks for the warm welcome, chingu!! :)

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

I'm a big SSR fan or maybe just the one most often posting about him on Soompi thread :joy:. Sometimes I'm afraid I might offend others due to my frequent posts. If I accidently offended anyone, mianhae~ I'm trying to keep his own thread updated as often as possible. I claim to like several other actors, but none comes close to how deep I'm willing to dig for more info. I entered the wonders of DC gallery because SSR news is so limited elsewhere :sweatingbullets:. I hope more will like him too. He is a talented actor usually relegated to 2nd lead or supporting roles in kdramas. I don't mind him being 2nd lead or part of an ensemble, he usually shines most anyways. Hahaha. Oh..and his voice. His voice is awesome.

I've seen you in his soompi thread when I check it silently but now I should drop by & leave a comment for him!! :)

And of course, he needs more recognition & he has mostly been doing villain roles so far!! Hence I think I am more intriguing to watch his decent side in this series! :D 

Hehehe.... The description says he's a mean spirited fashion designer!! But it's hard to tell by the trailers, isn't it..??! He looks so cute & is afraid of his wife or something!!!! :joy: I am really looking forward to this series as it will be a fantastic ride to watch Shin Sung Rok in the 1st rom-com lead role!!! :)

I love this poster as well! :heart: Goes perfectly with the plot... So dreamy!!!!

Then is it centered around his wife or something..???! I guess her transformation from older to younger using the perfume is the key point for the show!!! Well... We can't see her face though :huh:

photo1062822.jpg

Andwaeeee!!! In contrast to the funny 1st teaser and the brightly coloured character posters....the 2nd teaser went dark. It went dark and sends out TLE, psycho and horror vibes....which actually matches the 1st drama poster~ hoho

I don't know what to interpret from this teaser. Based from my limited korean, he ends it with saying 'my muse has returned'. What does that even mean? Was she missing? Did she die? Did he die? Did they all die and be given a 2nd chance by the perfume? Hah! And Go Won Hee sports at least 2 hairstyles in this clip, shoulder length and longer hair but no frizzy perm, as if its a memory of some sort. Can't help but be reminded of Emperor Hyuk and Empress So Hyun's flashbacks in TLE...it was all sweet before it turned angsty and dark. Yikes.

I suppose having 50+ phobias and 20+ allergies makes him stressed out and lost his fashion mojo. I guess he doesn't have phobia of the dark though, considering how dark his work place is in this teaser. Hahahaha

I hope the actual drama will give me more bobble head and smiles~ and less throwing and smashing :lol:

Watch: Shin Sung Rok And Go Won Hee Experience A Mysterious Happening In New Teaser For “Perfume”

May 21, 2019
by U. Kim

KBS’s “Perfume” has revealed a new teaser!

“Perfume” is a romantic comedy that tells the story of a genius designer in a creative slump and a mysterious fashion model who has been to hell and back. They are both given a second chance at life through a magical perfume.

The teaser focuses on fashion designer Seo Yi Do (Shin Sung Rok) designing a red dress. While he dramatically cuts a piece of cloth, the video cuts to flashbacks of him with Min Ye Rin (Go Won Hee), peacefully waltzing on the grass.

Seo Yi Do angrily starts ripping his self-designed red dress off of a mannequin, and when the video cuts to housewife Min Jae Hee (Ha Jae Sook) ominously opening her eyes, Min Ye Rin appears in front of Seo Yi Do wearing the red dress. In the background, Seo Yi Do narrates, “My muse, whom I had lost, has returned.”

“Perfume” is set to premiere on June 3 at 10 p.m. KST.

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I don't know what to interpret from this teaser. Based from my limited korean, he ends it with saying 'my muse has returned'. What does that even mean? Was she missing? Did she die? Did he die? Did they all die and be given a 2nd chance by the perfume? Hah!

Lol! Not too shabby. I understood half of what he said hahahah.

Wow... The new teaser gives out mystery vibe in to the plot which we haven't had in the previous teaser! :ph34r: What's going on here..?!!

14 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Andwaeeee!!! In contrast to the funny 1st teaser and the brightly coloured character posters....the 2nd teaser went dark. It went dark and sends out TLE, psycho and horror vibes....which actually matches the 1st drama poster~ hoho

I don't know what to interpret from this teaser. Based from my limited korean, he ends it with saying 'my muse has returned'. What does that even mean? Was she missing? Did she die? Did he die? Did they all die and be given a 2nd chance by the perfume? Hah! And Go Won Hee sports at least 2 hairstyles in this clip, shoulder length and longer hair but no frizzy perm, as if its a memory of some sort. Can't help but be reminded of Emperor Hyuk and Empress So Hyun's flashbacks in TLE...it was all sweet before it turned angsty and dark. Yikes.

I suppose having 50+ phobias and 20+ allergies makes him stressed out and lost his fashion mojo. I guess he doesn't have phobia of the dark though, considering how dark his work place is in this teaser. Hahahaha

I hope the actual drama will give me more bobble head and smiles~ and less throwing and smashing :lol:

At this rate, I completely agree with you on all the details you out here! :o 

And I think Go Won Hee really is a bit old woman but she gets a younger look with a mystery perfume! :) And them she starts off a new life as a fashion model & then meets the mean fashion designer, Seo Yi Do!! :thumbsup: http://asianwiki.com/Perfume_(Korean_Drama)

Now I am more curios to know about one thing! What would happen when Seo Yi Do learns that his muse is really old..???! Then would it also follow the footstep of The Last Empress for Shin Sung Rok that he was literally betrayed by his muse..??!

Wow just WOW!!!! :lol:This is totally worth watching!! Really looking forward to this... :love: 

And btw, when we are having the pres con, friend..???! Any updates..??!

Shin Sung Rok And Go Won Hee Have A Chaotic Encounter At The Park In “Perfume”

May 22, 2019
by M. Dang

“Perfume” has unveiled new stills that hint at Go Won Hee and Shin Sung Rok’s unique chemistry!

The upcoming KBS 2TV drama is a fantasy romance between Seo Yi Do, a genius designer in a creative slump (played by Shin Sung Rok), and Min Ye Rin, a mysterious fashion model who has been to hell and back (played by Go Won Hee). The two meet right as they are about to lose the meaning in their lives, and they develop chemistry as natural enemies who are thrown into trouble whenever they cross paths.

The newly released stills display the two characters in the midst of one of their incidents. Min Ye Rin appears at a park that Seo Yi Do exercises at daily, and she threatens him through the live broadcast she is doing on her phone. He looks around and catches sight of her while she captures him on screen and throws herself into the water, much to his surprise. The images heighten viewers’ curiousity as to what exactly happened between the two.

Perfume2.jpg

More under tab..

Spoiler

This scene of Shin Sung Rok and Go Won Hee bickering was shot on April 10 in a park in Seocho. It was reportedly a hectic situation due to the crowd that had gathered, but the two actors calmly went through rehearsals to sync their movements and gestures. Because Go Won Hee had to enter the water wearing thin clothes in the midst of suddenly chilly weather, she was seen doing all kinds of warm-up exercises to raise her body temperature. She earned applause for her enthusiasm as she went into the water in one go.

A producer for the drama stated, “This is a perfect example of Shin Sung Rok and Go Won Hee showing the affection and enthusiasm they have towards ‘Perfume’ on set. They are heightening anticipation for the drama through their concentration and passionate acting during filming. Please show lots of interest for this fantasy romance that these two actors are putting their all into.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1326336wpp/shin-sung-rok-and-go-won-hee-have-a-chaotic-encounter-at-the-park-in-perfume

7 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Now I am more curios to know about one thing! What would happen when Seo Yi Do learns that his muse is really old..???! Then would it also follow the footstep of The Last Empress for Shin Sung Rok that he was literally betrayed by his muse..??!

Wow just WOW!!!! :lol:This is totally worth watching!! Really looking forward to this... :love: 

And btw, when we are having the pres con, friend..???! Any updates..??!

Hahaha...I hope he doesn't have psycho tendencies and go beserk. Maybe they know each others weaknesses. She knows he is in a creative slump, he knows that she's actually old and they work together. But that is all assumption. Based on the initial synopsis, to be honest...I don't see how a loveline can be made when she is an older woman, turned young by a perfume. Lol. But I'm in for fun and comedy and obviously SSR ;). Hopefully it delivers on the fun.

I don't know when the press con is. Maybe 1 week before it airs? Maybe. Hehe

Official poster is out. It made me laugh, not really in a good way. Hahaha. The pose is unique though, my first time seeing FL koala hugging the ML on an official drama poster. However..the scribbling on this poster is just....how can I say this..chessy? Lol

On the other hand...Shin Sung Rok is looking good in these new stills ;)

N201905231029071.jpg

(ctto)

@gm4queen the more I look at the main poster, it is growing on me. Hahaha. I still find the scribblings cheesy. But overall, it is kinda unique, simple and bright.

The group poster is simple and cute too. I'm digging the colour pallete of these posters, especially the individual posters. 

They have so little time to promote. It will start airing in about 10 days from today lol.

Shin Sung Rok Turns Into A Charismatic Designer For “Perfume”

by L. Kim
8484d5432f8a4c8d93e63167d32e63f6.jpeg?s=

Actor Shin Sung Rok has transformed into a workaholic for upcoming KBS 2TV drama “Perfume.”

The drama is a fantasy romance about Seo Yi Do, a genius designer in a creative slump (played by Shin Sung Rok), and Min Ye Rin, a mysterious fashion model who has been to hell and back (played by Go Won Hee). The two meet right as they are about to lose the meaning in their lives, and they develop chemistry as natural enemies who are thrown into trouble whenever they cross paths.

On May 23, “Perfume” released stills of Shin Sung Rok as Seo Yi Do, a brilliant fashion designer who has a top reputation for creating a stir in the fashion world. He also has 52 phobias and 35 kinds of allergies due to the deadly incident that turned his childhood life upside down. Although he enjoys people’s attention, he is not able to express himself properly. Then one day, Min Ye Rin appears, and his lonely and peaceful daily life comes to an end.

In the new stills, Shin Sung Rok portrays extreme charisma backstage at a fashion show. He watches the preparation process with keen eyes and sharp sensitivity. When an unexpected incident occurs, he is able to smoothly handle the situation with his creative ability to solve problems.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1326773wpp/shin-sung-rok-turns-into-a-charismatic-designer-for-perfume

Archived