[Drama 2019] Perfume 퍼퓸

larus

Boooo..live stream does not work. I have no clue how I managed to watch live yesterday on the kbs app thing. Hahaha

Oh well~ i hope it's a happy ending. Please~

I found a working one! But it's not as smooth as usual. So this live cap will be wonky and not as arranged.

It's weird they are talking as in memory. 

Ep32.

Ye Rin walking the runway. Suddenly its Yi Do confessing to Jae Hee at the restaurant. It's flashbacks.

Sleazebag at the police station. Jin Kyung came and gave a pendrive to the police man.

Back to fashion show. Yi Do has a ring!!! Dang it this stream is awful. Haha. He tells Jae Hee/Ye Rin that he'll wait at the runway. But its near 7pm.

Yi Do is waiting. And goes searching for Jae Hee. Jae Hee is gone. While she waits at the waiting room, suddenly theres a light and she's gone. 

What is this development!!!

Oh...she's at the perfume place. Interesting. She asks why is she here.

Yi Do is still at the fashion show place searching for her, Ji Na sees him searching.

Back to Ye Rin at perfume place....dementia paradise ahjusshi is there wearing a white tux. Oh nooo...it recaps back to what Jae Hee did in ep 1. (She's dead isn't she? Andwaeeee) (edit: this scene is actually pivotal to the whole episode and series..decisions were made by you and are you confident to love yourself? )

Stream is so laggy.

Yi Do is crying...and mum is with him.

Thats all. The stream is too laggy to continue.

But as of what bits and pieces that I saw..I think my hunch is correct. Jae Hee is gone and her short stint in Yi Do's life helped him be better, and do stuff and mend his relationships. There is about 10 minutes left though. I still want Jae Hee to be alive.

He imagines both Jae Hee and Ye Rin are with him. Gosh that is sad. But he looks happy.

Comeback Jae Hee! Chaebal!

Awww it's Yi Do's birthday. The same as the pictures from the last shoot. They give him weird gifts. Lol

Ohhhh..it's the letter! Jae Hee's letter was to Yi Do! And he cries. I wanted happy tears. Not this. *sobs*

Ohhh..he has the dreamcatcher thingy JaeHee bought at the observartory. And it shines.

Jae Hee is alive. But I guess somewhere in limbo. Or she is alive all this while but kept her distance. I dunno.

Yi Do is walking to the observartory. And he wishes upon a star (heh..i made this up). Omg!!!!!!

Jae Heeeeeee!!!! She calls him out. Is she an ilusion? I don't think so. She's radiant that is for sure. Lol

Propose to him Jae Hee! Come on!!!! Hahaha *wishful thinking*

Anyways Yi Do hugs her! Yay! She's alive! Talk2.

Aww..they're smiling while holding hands.

The end.

Woah...

Thoughts will come after watching this with subs. So many words.

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Perfume 퍼퓸
  • Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Wow dear @katakwasabi chingu, I read your live recap & can't wait for the finale eps... Is she really alive at the end..???!! :o Thank god!!! This is so miraculous... :heart: Thanks a lot for the finale recap, dear... Now, let's wait for eng sub!!!!

She is~~

Yes let's wait for subs. And watch the full ep. I missed ep 31 just now~ 

:grimace:So no kiss beetween JH and Yi DO, it's a shame it's the same person JH= YR , poor fat actress

do not get me wrong, I love this actress, just that in this drama she had a chance to have a great role, and make the story more interesting, but there she just a second role to make the lead  female shine:glasses:
Do not get me wrong I love the lead female and her hot kisses with our male lead was beautiful, just that I read the summary, so would it be a second chance for her to redo her life by becoming slim like a supermodel? ??:joy:
 Do not get me wrong, I loved the story it was very funny, and beautiful interpretation but poor people fat, it's really not nice in the bottom:astonished:

Do no get me wrong, it's a beautiful drama:joy::joy:

14 hours ago, philosophie said:

Yay a happy ending :) that makes me happy. I also like that it was JH that ended up with him. And they didn’t do some flash forward scene she goes on a diet and changes.

Yes, I wanted JH to be with him in the end.  To make the point that true love is between souls and not bodies.  And, JH looked quite pretty too, in that white dress in the end!

I particularly liked it that they made no attempt to make JH look thinner or anything.  She could actually be made to look thinner, like in the picture posted above of her in jeans and with a different hairdo.   But they deliberately avoided it, to show that it had no meaning in EDo's mind.  He was in love with the person, and not her looks.

But I also agree with the @marrez1 comment above that the JH role could have been made a little better in the drama.  I don't think it is the actress, because she is quite capable (though not experienced in romance roles).  The drama could have had some mannerisms or something that was common between YR and JH.  They could have had the JH actress show some more romance on her face, in the way she looked and talked to him in the earlier episodes.  But her rough ajumma mannerisms (that YR never showed) were all we saw. But then again, the final episode made it clear once more that JH just did not have the confidence to love EDo or show it to him.  The ajussi, who runs the "system" that deals with people's life/destiny, asked her if she had the confidence - and asked her to take the chance given to go back and live with that confidence.  I presume that she spent a year to build up courage.  But even then, it would have been a perfect ending if JH had gone up and given him a kiss or something.

But what a really enjoyable drama!  Should re-watch it at some point.  And I will really look for the next drama of the lead actress.  She was incredibly good in this.  And of course our lead guy, whose night dance will never be forgotten!   He carried the show.

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I haven’t watched the final episode. But the penultimate episode made me cry a few times... Edo is just so sweet...

Should I do a raw watch?

Yi Do is such a sweet heart! I'm just going to start watching with subs. Subs are so early now. Be prepared my heart *sobs*

5 hours ago, jayakris said:

And I will really look for the next drama of the lead actress.  She was incredibly good in this.

I think we will get to see more of her works since she certainly can act (especially her eyes - with more roles she'll get better). If you notice the romancing scenes you can see that she outshines SSR 's acting with her lovingly gazing eyes. Don't get me wrong SSR is fantastic actor but when it comes to romancing he may not be the best. 

Overall - I really like this show a lot and i cried a lot for ED and JH scenes (the last scene made me cry of happiness for them).

Subs was really fast for me too for the final episode. This is a really good show and I cried a few times for the final episode too...

Writer is just amazing that she was able to even write in a reconciliation between Edo and his mother! I didn't expect that... I was actually fine even if their relationship remains the same. And then the flashing keychain in the pocket was also not forgotten. Everything tied back together. Love it. 

7 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Subs was really fast for me too for the final episode. This is a really good show and I cried a few times for the final episode too...

Writer is just amazing that she was able to even write in a reconciliation between Edo and his mother! I didn't expect that... I was actually fine even if their relationship remains the same. And then the flashing keychain in the pocket was also not forgotten. Everything tied back together. Love it. 

Yessss!!! Everything ties. I cried multiple times watching the final ep, I didn't expect to but I still did. I absolutely love that they both worked hard to be worthy of each other. Along the way Yi Do got his family that he always had but never thought he did. It was heartwarming seeing him happy with others too. Until he broke down with the letter while telling himself it's okay. *tears*. And all this while Jae Hee was working hard to be confident as herself, she also has a small tailor shop. 

Everything is in the details with this, the shooting stars, comets, their conversations. If I looked away, I might have missed the radio announcement saying there will be a comet. Because that's how they actually met at the observatory. Also Yi Do saying his next fashion theme is michealangelo, similar to the comet was just...good writing and good tying up with the comet scene. Hahaha

I'm gonna rewatch this drama someday. To see what more I've might missed. 

4 hours ago, sksen said:
10 hours ago, jayakris said:

And I will really look for the next drama of the lead actress.  She was incredibly good in this.

I think we will get to see more of her works since she certainly can act (especially her eyes - with more roles she'll get better).

She is deceptively pretty.  Beautiful, even.  She may not be too photogenic, but is really "videogenic".  Now that you say it, I think it may be because of her eyes and how emotive they are.  Not the striking beauty when you first look at her, but really the kind of beauty that grows on you...  I was quite smitten by her (now, don't tell my wife)... Okay, that is a guy's view.  Not sure how the ladies here feel :)

And her acting was damn good.  I didn't notice any scene where it showed any flaws. She can look acceptable as a 15 year old or as even a 35 year old.  As a fashion model, or as a ragged woman like she was at the beginning.  She can be funny as well. That means a lot of dramas can consider her.  So I hope to see more of her.

Finally, I've just finished watching the finale eps & I LOVE THE ENDING SO MUCH!!!! :heart: The series started with Min Jae Hee & also ended with her.... So great that the writer didn't drop her character halfway through the series!!! Something about this drama is so sweet!!! This is definitely one of the best K-dramas of 2019 & it's on my top fav K-dramas list!!! :) :wub: 

And for me, this was never a typical rom com but a series with a deep meaning!!! You should love yourself first & then the world itself will fall for you!!! :) This is a great example for anyone who underestimate themselves... The real you is in you!! Try to discover that person... And not to mention about Shin Sung Rok!!!! :heart: I think every lady must be wanting a Seo E Do right now... He never judged her on her looks but on her true feeling!!! He was the purest soul on the earth... That's why I love this series the most!!! :wub:

per15.jpg

And it was a beautiful time discussing the drama with other chingus here.... I am gonna miss them all!!! :huh: The series, its magical OSTs & the lovely chingus.... :love: I've already downloaded some of OSTs & loving the music & lyrics!!!! 

And finally, See you at another drama thread, chingus.... Specially a Shin Sung Rok drama... :) This guy should cast in more rom-coms now!!!! Such a warm-hearted actor & a person!!! :kiss_wink: Wish to see him in more & more success... :wub:

Happy day ya'll.!!! :heart:

On 7/23/2019 at 5:32 PM, katakwasabi said:

Yep. She's now Ha Jae Suk without the fat suit. I don't know what to think of the finale. I always wanted a happy Jae Hee at the end. I've been speculating too much my brain says stop and just watch it. Hahaha

Anyways welcome to the thread! It's my first time seeing you here :). How do you find perfume so far?

Its intriguing that's for sure. And i've always like go won hee. I am usually a silent lurker but this is something that excites me to write here in soompi huhu

I kinda of stop watching this drama halfway. After what has happened to "Coffee, Do me a favour" which has a similar storyline, I didn't look forward to cliche ending where being slim is pretty or being slim will bring one happiness.  I took a glimpse of the last scene yesterday and I am glad to see JH hand in hand with Yi Do. Quite a twist in the plot at the end....it almost feel like twilight zone. 

I will give this drama another try. Although I enjoyed Ha Jae-Suk's portrayal of her character ,I don't quite reconcile this portrayal with  Go Won Hee's seductive or coquettish interpretation of the slim Jae Hee. After eight episodes, I started to see the fat JH and slim JH as two different people.

6 hours ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

I kinda of stop watching this drama halfway. After what has happened to "Coffee, Do me a favour" which has a similar storyline, I didn't look forward to cliche ending where being slim is pretty or being slim will bring one happiness.  I took a glimpse of the last scene yesterday and I am glad to see JH hand in hand with Yi Do. Quite a twist in the plot at the end....it almost feel like twilight zone. 

I will give this drama another try. Although I enjoyed Ha Jae-Suk's portrayal of her character ,I don't quite reconcile this portrayal with  Go Won Hee's seductive or coquettish interpretation of the slim Jae Hee. After eight episodes, I started to see the fat JH and slim JH as two different people.

I always thought they look similar and act similar, maybe because I like them both I overlooked their dissimilarities before. The final episode made me realize that it could possibly be 2 different personas (at times) or could also be me overanalyzing. Hahaha

Anyways....some thoughts~

In ep 15, after Yi Do knows that she's Jae Hee, he told her not to use the perfume. Jae Hee never considered stopping to use it. When she lived as Jae Hee with Yi Do, I can see how insecure she was, she thinks she's not worthy of his affection and she thinks he is overcompensating. Maybe that is also why she collapsed for days and only woke up after being applied some perfume and returned as Ye Rin.

In ep 16 Ye Rin was asked by perfume ahjusshi did she ever think why the perfume turned her young? That was the point she understood that she only dared to dream because she looked younger, slimmer and in her eyes more beautiful than her 40yo self. She used the perfume for 6 months, lived on-off as Ye Rin but deep down she is still insecure and her self-esteem is at the lowest. The perfume didn't make her love herself as is, it only changed her appearance, it did not alter her doubts but it gave her an illusion to dream. She wouldn't have the courage if not for her young appearance.

The conversation with perfume ahjusshi was the turning point as she realized she need to love herself as herself, love herself in order to love others, to move forward and be confident in her own skin. She learned a lot in the past 6 months as Ye Rin, now it is time for her to step away from the ilusion and be happy with her life as 40yo Jae Hee.

Archived