[Drama 2019] Perfume 퍼퓸

larus

19 minutes ago, Michelle Gonzalez said:

Please I hope they gave this ending that jae will be with seo.  

Not skinning version of her and the evil husband I wish I could get arrested.

Hi @michellegonzalez! Welcome to the thread~ i hope so too! And going by the flow, it looks like it is heading that way. It is in Jae Hee's hands now. Yi Do does not discriminate looks. Jae Hee is the one who needs to be more confident as herself.

I just remembered 3 things...

1) what did she wish during the shooting star scene and her ornament glowed in her pocket. Why did the ornament glow?

2) to who did she send the letter to? I assume to herself or JinKyung.

3) Yi Do has yet to wish anything from Jae Hee after winning their bet.

I'm curious about these 3 things. And also why on earth did he faint! Ahhhh..3 more days. 

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just caught up... Love the part when flashback on why Edo suddenly became a fashion designer. It's all in the name of love :lol: seriously, where can you find such a devoted genius? Be a fashion designer, and I'll be your model. Then we can be together forever? :kiss_wink: No wonder he has a roomful of clothes designed in her size..

I teared up when YR hugged Edo at the sofa upon remembering who he is.

It's so cute the way Min Suk tried to solve the mystery and convinced himself how it was supposed to be :lol: and then his theory was completely destroyed by the crazy fan's witness...

"Retreat at once" -- "Yes Sir" :joy:

The part before Edo walked to JH to give her flowers, her monologue, was so touching as well...

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I just caught up... Love the part when flashback on why Edo suddenly became a fashion designer. It's all in the name of love :lol: seriously, where can you find such a devoted genius? Be a fashion designer, and I'll be your model. Then we can be together forever? :kiss_wink: No wonder he has a roomful of clothes designed in her size..

I teared up when YR hugged Edo at the sofa upon remembering who he is.

It's so cute the way Min Suk tried to solve the mystery and convinced himself how it was supposed to be :lol: and then his theory was completely destroyed by the crazy fan's witness...

"Retreat at once" -- "Yes Sir" :joy:

The part before Edo walked to JH to give her flowers, her monologue, was so touching as well...

The writing is solid so far. There are loop holes but it overall ties together pretty nicely.  I wondered why Yi Do said he needs Ye Rin to complete his fashion in ep 21-22. And in ep 23-24 it was revealed that Jae Hee was the reason he became a fashion designer in the first place. Their innocent childhood promise was so cute. Obviously Yi Do remembers it vividly but Jae Hee doesn't. Also...YES THERE IS NO AMNESIA!!! She forgot like normal people do. Haahahahaha

I love the conan bgm. Apt. Very apt for his mystery solving mission. Lol

Yi Do's confession is one of the sweetest thing I've ever seen in a kdrama. The way SSR delivers his lines reminds me of his award acceptance speech last year :lol:

i'm so late to this thread!! I'm so glad that Yi Do still values Jae Hee despite how she looks and it's really very endearing how all he seemed to want was her well being...this drama really breaks prejudice and shows how wonderful a pure love can be in any form

3 hours ago, Sheenigummy said:

i'm so late to this thread!! I'm so glad that Yi Do still values Jae Hee despite how she looks and it's really very endearing how all he seemed to want was her well being...this drama really breaks prejudice and shows how wonderful a pure love can be in any form

Welcome to thread @Sheenigummy!! Better late then never~ do drop by and share more thoughts here :)

His brain nearly combusted in this scene. You're no playboy Yi Do. You're maybe the purest fantasy kdrama guy ever. Hahaha

Ep 25-26 stills

Why are you crying? Don't cry T_T

0002937007_001_20190714104118543.jpg

I get this vibe that Jae-Hee doesn’t have the love for Yi-Do. Where as Ye-Rin loves him. The way Jae-Hee looks at Yi-Do, there is no love like there is with Yi-Do. So I am guessing Yi-Do will end up with YR? 

1 hour ago, sharonfu18 said:

I get this vibe that Jae-Hee doesn’t have the love for Yi-Do. Where as Ye-Rin loves him. The way Jae-Hee looks at Yi-Do, there is no love like there is with Yi-Do. So I am guessing Yi-Do will end up with YR? 

But they are the same person, they should feel the same emotions. I sense that Jae Hee is very wary of Yi Do approaching her. I suppose it is because 1) she thinks she's gonna die when the perfume is gone, 2) maybe she thinks he likes a made up image of her (they are basicly strangers), 3) she assumes that Yi Do thinks she's pathetic because of her look. So many assumptions lol.

I reallly hope Yi Do ends with Jae Hee or at least Jae Hee returns as her normal self and not end with anyone but she's happy and confident with herself. As much as I like Ye Rin, she is a temporary perfume effect and I don't want her to be the end~ huhuhu

Ost 12: Forget all the bad about me today

Lyrics under tab. Imo...the lyrics seems to mirror Jae Hee's thoughts.

Spoiler

I'll stay there.

If you stretch your hand,

Even if it is difficult and hard to breathe,

When I face you

I'll stay there.

Even if there is no end

Stay with me even if it hurts.

Seeing you say you love me

I do not know how I feel about you.

If we meet over time

The day I tried to run away from you

Forget all the bad of me

You can stop there right there.

I know everything will hurt

I know it's selfish.

Seeing you say you love me

I do not know how I feel about you.

If we meet over time

Forget all the bad of me

Once again, once my wounds heal

I'll tell you first.

Behind countless farewells left behind by scars

Please understand that you can not give me everything.

If we meet over time

Forget all the bad of me

Forget all the bad of me today.

Omg! Thank you @ck1Oz It works!

Live recap for ep 25

Disclaimer: mostly on actions, I don't know Korean much. Errors are in abundance. I'll edit this when I watch with subs

20+ minutes in!

Yi Do saves Mi Yu from her boxer trainer(?).

My goodness Yi Do looks happy.

He's doing fashion stuff. (Side note: I'm glad that they follow through with his job as a fashion designer)

Oh no!!! His staff's phone rings and her ringtone is the piano song during his confession. He cries unvoluntarily. (It's kinda funny)

The music keeps playing in his head and Jae Hee's rejection(I think this happened earlier in this ep), he cries in a meeting. Lol. His staff is so weirded out.

Oh no!!! He breaks down in the middle of his agency. 

Ye Rin and Ji Na talks about Yi Do's 1st love. 

Ye Rin calls Yi Do's doctor/therapist and tells him off about something.

Omg! He calls out Jae Hee as soon as he wakes up but the one in front of him actually Ye rin. He breaksdown again. *getting teary eyed*

End of ep 25.

Ep 26 start!

At the balcony. Yi Do apologizes to Ye Rin for calling out Jae Hee or something. They talk about her. (Dang!!! I really wish I understand korean)

He confesses he likes them both!!! Omg! He is pure. So pure. Jae Hee!!!

he leans on Ye Rin, but its Jae Hee! Oh my, Ye Rin blurted out that she's Jae Hee. 

Naturally Yi Do is shocked. Lol

Jae Hee is still using the Perfume! Her nose is bleeding. Is this a side effect? Andwaeeee!!!

Lol. Ye Rin tells Yi Do to call her Jae Hee nuna. These two are hilarious.

Yi Do reads a book while Ye Rin is doing yoga. 

Yi Do's secretary keeps telling JaeHee to tell Yi Do the truth. Tell him who she is. And Jae Hee tells sec about her nosebleed. His response is: go to the hospital. I like sec. Hahaha

Ep 26 cont!

Min suk comes and talks to Yi Do about Jae Hee - Ye Rin. He calls Jae Hee pick raincoat(?) heh. And he also calls Yi Do : Hyung. Awwwww

They continue to talk about Jae Hee - Ye Rin. Min Suk says he thinks they are similar something2. He even asks Yi Do: he likes Ye Rin right? ....but I don't understand his response. Hua3

Yi Do gives Ye Rin a modelling lesson again. (Side note: GWH looks radiant!!!)

Yi Do moves close and stops himself. This guy can restrain himself. Good for him!

Ohhh..it's sleazebag. He is still a sleazebag(SB). And contacts Jae Hee with a cctv recording of her. 

Yasss!!! Jae Hee is here!! She meets with SB and they talk and she splashes wine on his face! Good job Jae Hee!

Yi Do looks at his sketchbook. He narrates a poem with Jae Hee and not Ye Rin this time. 

He shows Ye Rin his sketchbook! Awwww. Omg.

*teary eyed*

They are re-enacting his sketchbook. These are the stills released today. He keeps talking about Jae Hee. Awww. He has no friends when he was a kid. 

Lol. Kids are taking pictures of them and he lectures them. So... Yi Do like! Hahaha

Oh..he sees flashbacks of kid Jae Hee while he is with Ye Rin because of what she said. We also get to see his younger self. Why are you crying teenage Yi Do? Huhuhu

What!!!! Teen Yi Do tried to kill himself!  But at that time he saw Jae Hee again! She literally saved him again. Omg! I never saw that coming.

She told him! She told him she's Min Jae Hee! And his first reaction is to hug her! Omg! 

Awwwww...this episode is just awww.

But the effect of the Perfume is coming. In full force in the next episode.

6 hours ago, triplem said:

Omg finally @katakwasabi she tells him . I have been waiting for this moment . Thanks for recaps . I caught up over the weekend & was really moved by the scenes where he was pining so much for Jae Hee , and just couldn’t understand why he still likes YR as well . Poor guy. So I really wanted JH / YR to tell him immediately. But I can understand the hesitation. She is not confident that he would love her if she returned to her original self ( she can’t imagine he would )  , that’s why Jae Hee seems a bit more defensive. 

Ratings are steady 

Reveal hidden contents

Yes! She tells him! She see's herself in him. I applaud writernim. The writing is solid as of this episode. I'm optimistic it will solid until the end. I feel that writernim made lots of research for this script. The songs, the books, poetry, literature, classical music pieces etc2. It all ties together beautifully. I'm actually in awe with the writing. Even the dress Yi Do designed is based on a classic music piece. *slow clap*

Jae Hee's reluctance is understandable especially after the book they read early ep 25. The perfume is an illusion. 

I'm not ready for heartbreak. I have a feeling she'll change in his arms.

2 hours ago, triplem said:

In some strange way , I would like to see it . I’m curious to his response, but of course I don’t think she’s emotionally ready to transform in front of him . 

I'm gonna cry if she does. Ep 25-26 nearly broke my heart.

Jae Hee's reluctance was understandable especially after they read this story together. :(

Kyaaaa~ ep 27-28 live caps!

Usual disclaimer: more on actions, less on what they say, beware of errors heh

Start!

Rewind to teenage Yi Do memories. This kid actually looks like SSR. Ngawww..he brings a gift to Jae Hee's house~ a dress..he didn't manage to give it to her and he sees her going on a date with Tae Joon. Awww..i think I've seen that dress before.

Back to Jae Hee declaring she's Jae Hee.

Yi Do hugs her. *please believe her!!! Please!!*

Omg!! He seems to believe her but Jae Hee is sick and runs away. He even calls her Jae Hee. Noooo!! So close. So so close!

Yi Do searchs for Jae Hee but he can't find her. She's at home. Nooo!!! Don't do that Jae Hee! He believes that you are Jae Hee. She's saying that she went overboard. Nooo!

Jae Hee shares info with Sec about paradise ahjusshi. They plan to search for him.

Lol mum comes over and bothers Yi Do. She came to give Yi Do talismans. Hahahaha

Omg! He belatedly realize that mum is wearing a polka dot dress but he actually seems to be in control of his reaction this time. Seems like the therapy worked a bit. Hehe

Model mission! Mi Yu's trainer ex-bf or something is sauntering in the back. What is he planning do?

Back to Yi Do and his polka dot phobia. He seems fine with polka dots. He thinks it's because of all the therapy he did with Ye Rin.

Urghhh. The sasaengs are back. And Ye Rin sees Mi Yu's exbf. Exbf is bullying Ma Yu and Ye Rin comes to the rescue! Noooo! She got splashed with acid. Awful exbf!!

Hospital scene (the episode is going to end with Jae Hee getting kidnapped isn't it? Yissshhh)

These two are so cute!!

The sasaeng fans are now turning to be Ye Rin fans. Except for the Jin Kyung's friend who seems to be still bad.

Nooo..Jinkyung hears her dad talking on the phone about YeRin-JaeHee.

At the hospital! Lol. Yi Do's hand is numb. Why did Ye Rin not change? It must be 12 hours after she last used the perfume. Hmmm. Anyways Yi Do is adorable. I think he just downloaded a photo of her.

He is finally ready to give Ye Rin the dress he made during the letter writing scene. Adorable. Open it after I go out. Awww..even his note is still in the box 'go out with me'.

Jinkyung tries to open her dads phone. She's smart and manages to open it. Omo! She sees the video!!! Now she knows her mum is Ye Rin.

Back to Ye Rin and Yi Do. So pretty. Yi Do tells Ye Rin not go after fashion week ends.

End of ep 27.

I am proud of Yi Do. He really loves Jae Hee/ Ye Rin, no matter how she looks. I want a happy ending here and I am optimistic because this is a romantic comedy after all.

I wish the writer will chose to let Jae Hee be confident in herself and her love. It will be a refreshing ending if this drama will give a meaningful message.

Ep 28 start!

Back hug. So many words....he ends it with he'll wait.

The perfume is about to finish. 

Awww..Jin Kyung meets Ye Rin for the 1st time after seeing the video. She seems confused.

Search for paradise ahjusshi starts.

Wah..it's an interview similar to episode 1. Awww..the theme this time is sarang (at least that is what I understood). And the dress is a polka dot dress.

Continue searching for paradise ahjusshi. They found him. But he doesn't seem to remember anything.

Ye Rin and Sec are talking and crying.

Awww..Yi Do is incharge of cooking today. Methinks Yerin needs to stop using the perfume all together! 

Omomo. He said he loves her. And she rejects him(?). This is some deep conversation but I don't understand much.

Oh no! Stop crushing him. Stop it! Yi Do says she can stay at his house and he will stay at the hotel.

Yi Do goes to his office. And Ji Na comes to hear his woes. My goodness. He is crying buckets. The way I see it, Ji Na will always be by his side regardless what happens.

This song is sad. 

Ye Rin remembers Yi Do's confession. Both of them. Come on you two!

Nooooo!!!! He deleted Ye Rin's picture.

Wow Yi Do completely ignores Ye Rin. That is what you get for crushing him so bad. He needs to cope somehow.

Min suk comes and meets Ye Rin. He says she's sick and he'll help her. But she pushes him away too.

How on earth did this sleazebag enter this office. She finally shows her real.behaviour in front of sleazebag. She's fierce but he just pushes her.

Jin Kyung sees dad driving away with Ye Rin! And she follows in a taxi. But sasaeng friend is with her. Jin Kyung calls dad but he doesn't pick up. Nooooo..they lost track of the car. 

Jin Kyung calls Yi Do!!!! And off he goes to the rescue!!!!! Yayyy!!!  Jin Kyung did not lost track of the car, she managed to follow to the end. Yesss!!

His secretary is awesome as always. He notices something wrong and calls Yi Do too.

Yay! Yi Do arrives!! 

Omg! This sleazebag! I want to put my hand in the screen and pull his head!!!! No. I want to kick him!!!!!!

Yi Do!!!! He smacks sleazebag with a pan. And wants to kill him! Luckily his secretary arrives to stop Yi Do. Yi Do picks up Ye Rin and carries her out.

Omg!!! She is changing in his arms!!!!! Yasssss!!!! 

He is naturally shocked!!!! *cider*

And calls Min Jae Hee.

End of episode!!!!

Archived