KBS DRAMA 2019

PERFUME

VTVENTER_70000000325918_20190527_2019052

Drama: Perfume

Hangul: 퍼퓸

Genre: fantasy, romantic comedy

Network: KBS2

Episodes: 32

Director: Kim Sang-Hwi ( Mysterious Personal Shopper, King's Dream )

Writer: Choi Hyun-Ok

Release Date: June 3- July 23, 2019

Runtime: Monday-Tuesday  22:00

Production Company:

OST:

part 1 Solji (EXID)- To The Touch

part 2 So Hyang - Starlight

part 3 NC.A - Kiss Me

part 4 JBJ95 - Keep Smiling

part 5 Jin Young - You're Saying You Are Mine

part 6 The Barberettes- Perfume (Perfume of Love)

part 7 Yeo Eun of Melody Day - I'll Tell You

part 8 Park Bom - I Do I Do

part 9 Shin Ji Hoon - Tick-Tock

part 10  Wynn -You Resemble You

part 11 Kim Joon Tae - Someday

part 12 Park Hyuk Jin - Forget All The Bad Me Today

part 13 J-Cera - Please ...

part 14 Han Seung Yeon - Hello Again

Official site: HERE

Plot

Perfume 'is a fantasy romantic comedy material based on a miracle perfume that regains youthfulness.
Min Jae-Hee is a middle aged woman. She is a housewife who has devoted her life to her family, but her family gets destroyed. Min Jae-Hee is furious at the world. Through a mysterious perfume, Min Jae-Hee's appearance suddenly changes to a beautiful young woman. She becomes a model with her new youthful appearance. Min Jae-Hee meets Seo Yi-Do (Shin Sung Rok). He is a successful fashion designer, but a mean spirited person. (Asianwiki)

Notes

Eric (Moon Jung-Hyuk) was offered the male lead role but he has declined the offer.

Go Jun Hee was first offered the lead female role, but declined. 

Cast

Shin Sung Ro as Seo Yi Do

1558681056630_199873.jpg

Go Won Hee as Min Ye Hee

1558681056800_199895.jpg

Ha Jae-Suk as Min Jae-Hee

1558681105280_199919.jpg

Cha Ye Ryun as Han Ji Na

1558681105424_199931.jpg

Kim Min  Kyu as Yoon Min Suk

1558681105604_199953.jpg

Jo Han-Chul  as Kim Tae-joon

Hyejeong as Son Miyu

Kim Jin Kyung as Kim Jin-kyeong

Lee Min Ji as

Kim Si Ah as Min Jae Hee (child)

Character posters

20190520130954_5ce228916d5c3_1.jpg

Spoiler

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20190520

Perfume-cp2.jpg

Perfume-cp3.jpg

Perfume-cp4.jpg

Perfume-cp5.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eric, Go Jun-hee consider lead roles in KBS fantasy rom-com

by tipsymocha

eric-gojunee-perfume.jpg

If they accept, this would definitely be an interesting lead couple. There’s a new drama in the works over at KBS titled Perfume, and both Eric (Oh Hae-young Again) and Go Jun-hee (Untouchable) have been offered the lead roles. Both are still in the considering phase, but it would be nice to see Eric back in dramaland after a three-year absence.

The title of the show is a little touch on the nose, and will be about a magical perfume that brings back youth to its wearer. So, basically, the fountain of youth in a bottle. The role Eric has been offered is that of a top designer who may look perfect from the outside looking in, but actually has a horrible personality. He really sounds like a character, with 52 different phobias and 35 allergies. If there’s anyone that needs to be bubble-wrapped, it sounds like he’s it. Maybe it’s due to all of these fears and allergies that he’s unable to work up the courage to ever pursue love.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/02/eric-go-jun-hee-consider-lead-roles-in-kbs-fantasy-rom-com/

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/02/eric-go-jun-hee-consider-lead-roles-in-kbs-fantasy-rom-com/

http://koalasplayground.com/2019/03/27/eric-declines-k-drama-perfume-go-joon-hee-still-in-talks-as-female-lead/

Apr 1 2019

Shin Sung-Rok cast in KBS2 drama series “Perfume”

Perfume-KD-tp001.jpg

Shin Sung-Rok is cast for the lead male role in new KBS2 drama series “Perfume.” Actress Koh Joon-Hee has already received an offer to play the lead female character and she is still “positively considering” her offer. The screenplay features fantasy elements that would fit nicely in a tvN drama series, centering around a mysterious bottle of perfume that transforms a middle-aged woman into a young woman who becomes a model. Shin Sung-Rok will play fashion designer Seo Yi-Do. He’s a successful fashion designer and has a mean personality.

“Perfume” will first air June, 2019 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/shin-sung-rok-cast-in-kbs2-drama-series-perfume

Go Jun Hee To Not Appear In Upcoming Fantasy Rom-Com Drama With Shin Sung Rok

by Y. Shin
db9c6c95b7ef4b3db75e332fc9b90634.jpeg?s=

Following news reports of Go Jun Hee being offered a role in KBS’s upcoming drama “Perfume,” the production company has revealed that the actress will not be starring in the drama.

On April 1, the production company of “Perfume” stated, “The production company and Go Jun Hee’s agency have made the final decision that [the actress] will not be appearing in the drama ‘Perfume.'”

“Perfume” is a fantasy romantic comedy about a middle-aged woman who has devoted her life to her family only to see it fall apart before her eyes and a man who doesn’t have the courage to find true love.

Go Jun Hee was previously in talks to play the lead female role of Min Jae Hee, a housewife who discovers a miracle perfume that makes her look young again.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1314431wpp/go-jun-hee-to-not-appear-in-upcoming-fantasy-rom-com-drama-with-shin-sung-rok

Shin Sung Rok Cast In Upcoming Fantasy Rom-Com Drama

by Y. Kim
cf65ef7f43674acb97aa5d4e65075c5d.jpeg?s=

Actor Shin Sung Rok will soon return to the small screen!

On April 1, Shin Sung Rok’s agency representative revealed, “Shin Sung Rok is confirmed to star as the main male character in KBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Perfume’ (literal title).”

“Perfume” (literal title) is a fantasy romantic-comedy about a middle-aged woman who has devoted her life to her family only to see it fall apart before her eyes and a man who doesn’t have the courage to find true love.

Shin Sung Rok will be acting the role of a fashion designer Seo Yi Do who is the ultimate gwanjong (a Korean term referring to those who obsessively seek and crave attention). Seo Yi Do, in the drama, is Korea’s most renowned designer with a perfect body, voice, and face. However, he’s got over 52 different phobias and a total of 35 allergies.

Shin Sung Rok’s last three dramas, which include “Man Who Dies To Live,” “Return,” and “The Last Empress,” have been a great success. It will be exciting to see Shin Sung Rok make a hit yet again, but this time through a non-villain role.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1314377wpp/shin-sung-rok-cast-in-upcoming-fantasy-rom-com-drama

I`ve decided to not watch this drama but if Shin Sung Rok will be the leading man I  reconsidered. I wanted to see Shin Sung Rok in a rom com and my wish became true. He does marvelous the villian roles but I wanted to see a break from the typecast. 

Some sources say it will premiere in June, others in July. We`ll see

Go Won Hee In Talks For Role In Upcoming Drama With Shin Sung Rok

by Y. Kim
388159dfc06e4eca965c801457c4fd29.jpeg?s=

Go Won Hee is currently reviewing a casting offer for a role in KBS’s upcoming drama “Perfume” (literal title).

On April 2, a representative from Go Won Hee’s agency stated, “Go Won Hee was offered a role in the drama ‘Perfume’ and is currently considering the offer.”

Previously, actress Go Jun Hee was considering taking a role, but she has decided not to appear in the drama.

“Perfume” is a fantasy romantic comedy surrounding a miracle perfume that restores youth. Shin Sung Rok has signed on as the main male character.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1314700wpp/go-won-hee-in-talks-for-role-in-upcoming-drama-with-shin-sung-rok

Kim Min Kyu Reportedly Cast In Shin Sung Rok’s Upcoming Drama “Perfume”

by C. Hong
f361f9c78e0445848c60a2d4d6e44f84.jpeg?s=

Actor Kim Min Kyu may be starring in his first lead role in a public broadcaster drama!

On April 3, OSEN reported that Kim Min Kyu had received a casting offer for KBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Perfume” and that he was reviewing the offer positively. If he accepts, it will be his first lead role in a drama that airs on a public broadcasting channel.

Kim Min Kyu debuted in a commercial in 2013 and appeared in the 2016 tvN drama “Signal” and the 2016 film “Chasing.” He has also appeared in cable dramas such as “Just Between Lovers” and “Because This Is My First Life” and as a supporting cast member in the MBC weekend drama “The Rich Son.” He proved that he was a multitalented entertainer when he appeared on Mnet’s “I Can See Your Voice 4” and is currently appearing in the MBC variety program “Love Me Actually.”

“Perfume” is about a middle-aged woman who loses her family after giving up her whole life for them and encounters a magical perfume that transforms her into a beautiful young woman. Shin Sung Rok has been cast as the male lead, a neurotic man who doesn’t have the courage to pursue love.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1314868wpp/kim-min-kyu-reportedly-cast-in-shin-sung-roks-upcoming-drama-perfume

Cha Ye Ryun Confirms Casting In Shin Sung Rok’s New Drama “Perfume”

by C. Hong
a3f3fb4a01984f3aa7db68c6c1cf9147.jpeg?s=

Cha Ye Ryun will be making her return to the small screen with “Perfume.”

On April 4, the actress’s agency, HB Entertainment, confirmed that Cha Ye Ryun had been cast in a leading role in KBS’s upcoming drama “Perfume.”

In the drama, Cha Ye Ryun will be playing Shin Sung Rok’s ex-girlfriend, Han Ji Na. Go Jun Hee turned down the role of the female lead and currently Go Won Hee is in talks for that role.

“Perfume” is a fantasy romance about a middle-aged woman who recovers her beautiful, youthful appearance with the help of magic perfume, and a neurotic man who is too afraid to fall in love (Shin Sung Rok).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1315085wpp/cha-ye-ryun-confirms-casting-in-shin-sung-roks-new-drama-perfume

Yay! I'm excited for more Shin Sung Rok! Hehehe

On 4/2/2019 at 7:52 PM, larus said:

I never saw Go Won Hee is anything. I see that she is much younger than Go Jung Hee. I hope she and Shin Sung Rok will make a good couple on screen.

I've seen Go Won Hee in Strongest Deliveryman. I liked her in that drama. But..I did expect a more mature or older actress to be cast along side SSR. I do hope they make a good on screen couple if she confirms. SSR was great with Jung Eunji and Lee Elijah, and both of them were much younger than him.

Anyways, Go Won Hee was also in The King's Face, she was one of the queens in the drama. I can't recall her character. And I don't think she had any interaction with Kim Do Chi aka SSR's character in TKF.

Yasssss! More casting confirmation and character descriptions~

Kim Min Kyu And Go Won Hee Confirmed For Upcoming Fantasy Romantic Comedy

Apr 4, 2019
by D. S.kim

Kim Min Kyu and Go Won Hee are officially confirmed for KBS’s upcoming drama “Perfume” (tentative title).

“Perfume” will tell the story about a middle-aged woman who devoted her entire life to her family only to have them taken away from her and a male fashion designer who has lost the meaning of life. They are both given second chances in life with the help of magic perfume.

Kim Min Kyu will take on the role of Yoon Min Suk, an idol-turned-world-star who is gifted with superior physique, visuals, and soothing voice. His goal is to simply enjoy the life that was gifted to him as a blessing as extravagantly as possible.

Through his agency, Kim Min Kyu shared, “The script is very intriguing and the character Yoon Min Suk seems very charming.” He continued, “I’m excited and nervous as this is my first time [acting in a] fantasy romance drama. I will do my best to show the charms Yoon Min Suk possesses the way they are.”

Go Won Hee’s agency Management Koo also confirmed that the actress will be appearing in the drama.

Go Won Hee will take on the role of Min Ye Rin, a rising star in the model industry with stunning figure. She is the hottest woman in South Korea as an uncommon villainess who leads on both a world-renowned genius designer and a handsome Hallyu star. However, she has a secret of being a middle-aged woman who was given a second chance at life by discovering a magic perfume that makes her look young again.

As a result, Kim Min Kyu will be taking on his first-ever lead role in a major network’s drama, and it will be Go Won Hee’s first time as a lead in a miniseries.

Shin Sung Rok and Cha Ye Ryun are also confirmed for lead roles in “Perfume,” which is set to premiere sometime in June.

Network: KBS2

Episodes: 

Director: Kim Sang Hwi (Mysterious Personal Shopper, King's Dream)

Writer: Choi Hyun Ok

Release Date: June, 2019

Runtime: Mon & Tue 22:00

OST:

Official site:

Synopsis:

Min Jae-Hee is a middle aged woman. She is a housewife who has devoted her life to her family, but her family gets destroyed. Min Jae-Hee is furious at the world. Through a mysterious perfume, Min Jae-Hee's appearance suddenly changes to a beautiful young woman. She becomes a model with her new youthful appearance. Min Jae-Hee meets Seo Yi-Do (Shin Sung Rok). He is a successful fashion designer, but a mean spirited person.

Cast:

Shin Sung Rok - Seo Yi Do

Go Won Hee - Min Ye Rin

Cha Ye Run - Han Ji Na

Kim Min Kyu - Yoon Min Seok

Ha Jae Suk - Min Jae Hee

Shin Sung Rok to Star in “Perfume”

Posted on April 2, 2019 by Kay

Perfume Korean Drama - Shin Sung Rok

Yes! Shin Sung Rok (The Last Empress) is confirmed to star in the upcoming Korean drama Perfume. He’s set to play a fashion designer who is said to have at least 52 phobias and 35 allergies. Well, that sounds challenging!

I certainly never tire of seeing Shin Suk Rok in villain roles, but I’m thrilled we get to see him in a more traditional lead role. He’s a very multi-faceted actor who can also be very endearing. And I know he will nail the comedic elements, which is a good thing since this character is certainly set up for lots of humor. I will be really looking forward to this!

more

https://kdramakisses.com/2019/04/02/shin-sung-rok-to-star-in-perfume/

http://koalasplayground.com/2019/04/01/shin-sung-rok-in-for-k-drama-perfume-go-jun-hee-out-amidst-rumors-of-involvement-in-chat-scandal/

April 4 2019

Go Won-Hee cast in KBS2 drama series “Perfume”

Perfume_Korean_Drama-tp2222.jpg

Go Won-Hee is cast for the lead female role in KBS2 drama series “Perfume” co-starring Shin Sung-Rok. Also cast in supporting roles are Cha Ye-Ryun, Kim Min-Kyu and Ha Jae-Suk. Go Won-Hee and Ha Jae-Suk will play the same character. For the drama series, Go Won-Hee will play Min Ye-Rin. She is a rising star model with a lovely figure. Genius fashion designer Seo Yi-Do (Shin Sung-Rok) and popular idol star Yoon Min-Seok (Kim Min-Kyu) are both enamored with her.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/go-won-hee-cast-in-kbs2-drama-series-perfume

Kim Min Kyu update

This might be the fastest cast confirmation and script reading I've ever seen. It happened within 1 week after the 1st confirmation lol. (Of course there were discussion behind the scenes that were not shown to us.)

I'm trying not to have any expectations of how the drama would be. I'm aware considering its a fantasy romance it could be good or very bad. I'm in mainly for Shin Sung Rok. I also like Go Woon Hee and Kim Min Kyu too~ if anything, I'll watch for the cast at first. Hahaha

More casting

Jo Han-Chul joined KBS 2TV's new drama 'Parfume'.

article.jpg

On the 12th, his company, Snow Company, said that Jo Han - cheol will appear in 'Perfume' as Kim Tae - jun.
Kim Tae-joon, who Jo Chan-cheol plays, is the husband of Ha Jae-suk (Min Jae-hee). He is a talented person with many qualities to be able to succeed in an organization, such as a brilliant brain, a favorable impression, an amicable sociality, and a ridiculous rhetoric. Although she was in love with her beautiful appearance, she disillusioned with the appearance of her married wife after marriage and demanded a divorce.
https://news.joins.com/article/23439046?cloc=rss|news|total_list

According to KBSWorld website, Perfume expected premiere date is 25th of May 2019. Kyaaaa~

http://kbsworld.kbs.co.kr/program/program_view.php?pg_seq=1342

But in another article it says June. Haha

Shin Sung Rok, Go Wonhee, Cha Ye Ryun, Kim Mingue confirmed as cast of 'Perfume'

# Drama 2019.04.05 View : 405

'Perfume' is about a middle-aged housewife who has devoted her life to her family but ends up destroying a family and falls in despair. Through a mysterious perfume, her appearance suddenly changes to a beautiful young woman.

15544500440003918864_001_201904040942073

Shin Sung Rok plays fashion designer Seo Ido, who is desperate for attention. He is sensitive, narcissistic and has a keen sense of aesthetics.

Go Wonhee plays Min Yerin/Min Jaehee. She is a rising model with a hot body, but she has a secret. This is actually her "second" life. She used to be a middle-aged married woman, and now she is 20 years younger.

Kim Mingue plays Yun Minseok, who is a world-famous idol star with good looks and a sweet voice.

Cha Ye Ryeon plays Han Jina, who is Seo Ido's ex-girlfriend. She used to be a fashion model, and now she is a representative at Seo Ido's modeling agency. She is a sharp and professional career woman and a celebrity.

'Perfume' will start shooting with the goal of airing in June.

http://kbsworld.kbs.co.kr/news/news_view.php?no=18969&sec=behind&lang=eng&page=1&search_tag=&writer=

Trans:

#KBS drama perfume first shot today. In doing this, I wanted a really nice person to get a big love. I am always thinking of people who are together, and I want to take care of them. God bless you. @Shin_sung_rok Through this work, I will receive more love and support me sincerely

Side note: SSR and his team needs to teach me their time management skills because I just saw fanpics of him shooting vagabond too. Hahahaha

Note: jewelzane is a jewelry designer. She was also involved in you who came from the stars, the last empress, return, tunnel and also your house helper to name a few.

I like GWH's pic below. She looks mysterious and regal, and pretty.

AOA’s Hyejeong Confirmed To Join Shin Sung Rok, Go Won Hee, And More In New Drama

AOA’s Hyejeong Confirmed To Join Shin Sung Rok, Go Won Hee, And More In New Drama

Apr 15, 2019
by K. Lew

AOA’s Hyejeong will be appearing in upcoming KBS drama “Perfume” (working title).

“Perfume” is a fantasy romance between a man and a woman who are both given a miraculous second chance at life. Shin Sung Rok and Cha Ye Ryun previously confirmed they would be starring in the drama. Kim Min Kyu and Go Won Hee also confirmed their appearance in the drama.

Hyejeong will be taking on the role of Son Mi Yu, a former child actress and current fashion model with natural beauty and veteran acting skills. Dealing with the difficulties of celebrity life since she was young, she may appear selfish and materialistic but actually leads her household. She hopes to capture the heart of genius designer Seo Yi Do (played by Shin Sung Rok).

Hyejeong has continuously appeared in dramas such as “Gentleman’s Dignity,” “Cheongdamdong Alice,” “The Blade and Petal,” “The Good Witch,” as well as the recent web drama “Can Lovesickness Be Returned?” (literal title). She was recently confirmed to be in a relationship with rookie actor Ryu Eui Hyun.

“Perfume” is slated to air in June.

Archived