Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Current Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2019] Put Your Head on My Shoulder 致我们暖暖的小时光

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

The male lead is a little stiff, but it fits his nerdy awkward character quite well.  Plus, he comes across as cold/indifferent, but his soft side does show in the subtle ways that he does seem to care about Momo. 

 

I think he should loosen up a bit soon. I squealed when in the trailers Gu Wei Yi acted so spoiled and cute >.<

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahaha, she is in real danger.  One gave her a shock by back hugging her while the other by sharpening the knife. Look at the expressions of GWY.  He is jealous when FP came in looking for Momo.

:joy::tounge_wink:

Cr:uploader

 

Yeah, the ML's expressions are improving as the story progresses.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An excerpt from tea-quila's translation of A Love So Beautiful:

 

Quote

This maneuver of “pre-emptively putting on a pathetic air and admitting one’s mistake first” was a move that Chen Xiaoxi had recently newly learned to deal with Jiang Chen, moreover, she had learnt it from Situ Mo’s four-year-old handsome son Gu Weimo. That day, Chen Xiaoxi had went over to their house to play, and had seen Gu Weimo spilling water onto Situ Mo’s laptop, she watched on blankly as that child first appeared stunned, then his little eyeballs spun, and instantaneously he morphed into a plaintive expression, hugging the laptop as he began to cry, crying till he was wetter than the laptop. In the end, Situ Mo felt sorry for her son and hugged him, rocking him back and forth with all her might to comfort him, even though that child looked like he was about to foam at the mouth from all the rocking, but all in all, he succeeded.

 

The child's name is Gu Weimo 顾未末! I didn't read the novel so I don't know whose idea it was but it's such dog food to name your son by your ship name (╯·╰) Also I checked the Chinese wikipedia page for this drama and looks like their son is gonna make an appearance >.< Currently super obsessed with this drama, I hope the book gets picked up for translation after the drama like A Love So Beautiful

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nichiwoohee said:

I cant wait for ep 5-8 to be subbed! Why is it taking so long :bawling:

 

I just want to clarify that there is not a "delay" for ep 5-8 to be subbed.  Last week, I shared an airing schedule for this drama.  If you take a peek at it, you'll see, only episodes 1-4 were released to the general public.  

 

The only reason episodes 5-8 exist online is because the streaming site released them, in advance, for their VIP users.  You have to give paying members a perk and that means advance episodes.  People with advance access will often rip the videos and upload them online for others, but just because we can find them and watch them online does not mean they've been officially released.  5-8 will be released officially for everyone this coming week.  And additional episodes will also be released for VIP users (specifically, 9-12).  

 

I know that may be small comfort as, at the end of the day, the end result is the same: you have to wait for subs . But I hope that at least provides some understanding that there is no delay and it's not taking long.  It's just how the releasing of subtitled episode operates.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2019 at 7:30 PM, themarchioness said:

 

@pad-hari Hard to say how the drama will adapt the novel.  The excerpts I shared above are from the "A Love So Beautiful" novel.  In the drama, those characters (Xiao Xi's boss and co-worker) also existed but in a slightly different iteration.  For example, Xiao Xi's boss in the drama was a senior classmate of Jiang Chen's from university. 

 

This drama is adapted from "A Love So Beautiful's" sister web novel.  Although I don't think this drama's web novel has been translated into English, the above excerpts show how the two novels are intertwined.  I haven't looked into which novel was published first but in terms of the narrative timeline, it looks like this story comes first since by the time of "A Love So Beautiful", Situ Mo and Gu Wei Yi are already married with a child.  Hope that clarifies things a little bit more for you! 

 

As for how much the drama shows us, again, that will depend on the screenwriter and director and how much they decide to show us.  They may also choose to make some artistic license changes, as "A Love So Beautiful" did on spinning certain characters from the book to the drama.  What they ultimately decide to do, we shall have to wait and see!  :)

 

I will say though that just from the opening and end credits alone, there are so many sweet moments between Situ Mo and Gu Wei Yi that I'm hopeful this will be one of those dramas where the OTP start a relationship in the middle of the drama and not just at the end!!  :D  

 

I've watched through to episode 8 and I think I can say openly, without fear of spoiling anyone, that it is so obvious Gu Wei Yi is interested in Situ Mo.  Unfortunately, to her, he continues to show his disinterested and grumpy side so she remains utterly clueless.  It's making me shake my head at them both!  LOL.  But he is cracking me up with his otherwise obvious attempts to keep her around.  In that regard, this drama has defied my expectations.  I fully expected it would be the case where they would meet, bicker, and then discover to their horror that they stuck living as roommates, and then bicker their way into falling in love.  I never expected it would be the case where she keeps trying to move back out and he keeps trying to drag her back into living with him.  Haha.  I love it.

 

As for Fu Pei, I don't think he's a horrible person, I think he's just a commitment-phobe.  Even in the "A Love So Beautiful" novel, he continues to play the field and is unable to settle down.  In this drama, however, it looks like he may ultimately settle down with Situ Mo's roommate (the braniac one).  For his sake, I hope he does.  She seems like a good person.

TY for explaining in detail.  I have this tendency to read the explanatory posts quite sometime to pick up what's told in that.   What I did was I opened the "Love so beautiful" soompi forum and started reading from the beginning to see if there are any mention about this OTP.  But, none.  So, the excerpts you posted are from xio xi's POV. 

Yeah, I too saw all the 8 episodes raw, cannot contain my curiosity.  Momo is oblivious of his feelings/or his moves coz she still cannot let go off FP as he is her long time crush and first love.  

From the previews for the upcoming episodes, I suppose GWY is going to confess to her and from there we have to see how their relationship moves on.

You r right.  There r sweet moments between the Otp and have to wait and see how the production team takes on their progress in love.   Since the ALSB team did a good job, I hope it will be the same for this one too and show their married life also.  My wishful thinking.  BTW thanks for the recaps too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2019 at 6:49 PM, themarchioness said:

The drama begins with 2 episodes released every Wednesday & Thursday until May 16.  For VIPs, it looks like 8 episodes will be released today and then they'll get an additional 4 episodes every Wednesday thereafter

So, we got to wait till Wednesday for the VIP episodes to get released.  Seems a long wait. So, for the VIP viewers, it ends on May 1st itself and the normal viewers on May 16th.  Am I right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, themarchioness said:

 

I just want to clarify that there is not a "delay" for ep 5-8 to be subbed.  Last week, I shared an airing schedule for this drama.  If you take a peek at it, you'll see, only episodes 1-4 were released to the general public.  

 

The only reason episodes 5-8 exist online is because the streaming site released them, in advance, for their VIP users.  You have to give paying members a perk and that means advance episodes.  People with advance access will often rip the videos and upload them online for others, but just because we can find them and watch them online does not mean they've been officially released.  5-8 will be released officially for everyone this coming week.  And additional episodes will also be released for VIP users (specifically, 9-12).  

 

I know that may be small comfort as, at the end of the day, the end result is the same: you have to wait for subs . But I hope that at least provides some understanding that there is no delay and it's not taking long.  It's just how the releasing of subtitled episode operates.  

 

Thank you for answering! Does it mean the official releases will come with sub? I try not to watch it raw as I want to experience it fully understand what the dialogue is, the struggle of non mandarin speaking c drama fans are real, and reminded everytime waiting for next episodes. Green with envy, when everyday there’s a kdrama upload with eng sub :tears:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pad-hari said:

So, we got to wait till Wednesday for the VIP episodes to get released.  Seems a long wait. So, for the VIP viewers, it ends on May 1st itself and the normal viewers on May 16th.  Am I right?

 

Yes - with one small correction, VIP episodes will conclude on May 8.  And I don't know that we can really complain about having to wait a whole week for new episodes.  Isn't that like watching a Kdrama?  I think sometimes we get spoiled with Chinese dramas because we know some of them air almost-daily, or at least multiple days each week.  :)

 

1 hour ago, nichiwoohee said:

Thank you for answering! Does it mean the official releases will come with sub? I try not to watch it raw as I want to experience it fully understand what the dialogue is, the struggle of non mandarin speaking c drama fans are real, and reminded everytime waiting for next episodes. Green with envy, when everyday there’s a kdrama upload with eng sub :tears:

 

According to WeTV's YouTube channel, for this drama, they are airing, "Two episodes every Friday to Saturday."  Based on this information, I think the airing schedule consists of the following types of episodes for each week:

 

Wednesday - 4 episodes for VIP members; 2 episodes for all viewers

Thursday - 2 episodes for all viewers

Friday - Subbed versions of the 2 episodes that were released for all viewers on Wednesday

Saturday - Subbed versions of the 2 episodes that were released for all viewers on Thursday

 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pad-hari said:

TY for explaining in detail.  I have this tendency to read the explanatory posts quite sometime to pick up what's told in that.   What I did was I opened the "Love so beautiful" soompi forum and started reading from the beginning to see if there are any mention about this OTP.  But, none.  So, the excerpts you posted are from xio xi's POV.

 

Ah, yeah, you wouldn't find mention of Gu Wei Yi and Situ Mo in Soompi's ALSB forum thread because they didn't exist in that drama.  You can only find them in the book.  :) 

 

And you're welcome for the recaps!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Dhira Metta said:

I think he should loosen up a bit soon. I squealed when in the trailers Gu Wei Yi acted so spoiled and cute >.<

 

Awww yay!!  Looks like GWY definitely does loosen up and he's so cute/happy when does!  I guess being in love will do that to you :lol:.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...