[Drama 2019] Investigation Couple 2/Partners for Justice 2, 검법남녀 2

larus

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Nadia Muñoz said:

i come to join... greetings

am i the only one here who wants the prosecutor with Dr Baek togheter? since season 1

I get more of a mutual friendzone, step-sibling relationship myself. He seems more compatible to be with Sally in the long run, even though their age difference is greater than his and Eun Sol. Baek and Sally share the same dourness that seem to attract to other dour people once each other's personalities is fully vetted.

Speaking of Sally: She replaced Stella (Stephanie Lee), whose character was from Miami, Florida. Sally's character was from Los Angeles ("K-Town"), as she stated in the first episode of the 2nd series. However, the writers have probably mixed up the back story of Sally since then, more than once mentioning ties to Miami. They need to rectify this soon.

3 hours ago, Jonah Kyle said:

I get more of a mutual friendzone, step-sibling relationship myself. He seems more compatible to be with Sally in the long run, even though their age difference is greater than his and Eun Sol. Baek and Sally share the same dourness that seem to attract to other dour people once each other's personalities is fully vetted.

Speaking of Sally: She replaced Stella (Stephanie Lee), whose character was from Miami, Florida. Sally's character was from Los Angeles ("K-Town"), as she stated in the first episode of the 2nd series. However, the writers have probably mixed up the back story of Sally since then, more than once mentioning ties to Miami. They need to rectify this soon.

I don't think they mixed it up. It's just that CSI Miami is better known than CSI LA (or than NCIS: Los Angeles). You might have noticed, but drama references to other countries are mainly linked to stereotypes. They might think that CSI Miami is the "founding father" of forensics.  I am waiting for Horatio Caine's name to pop-up whenever Sally mentions CSI Miami.

Dropping by after watching the recent episodes. Im a fan of season 1, but I can say this season is more interesting and way better. I always hate the ending because i don't know how can i survive for another week.

anyways, the first time dr han met dr jang, i find something about them already, and i love how these series put some love spices every episodes to reduce some stress. Sally is way too cute, and the gang are awesome. From the prosecutors to police and nfs. And now the emergency doctor. 

So dr jang probably have a split personality.

I have questions about Dr Jang's mom. I noticed that she has red spots on her neck. During a previous episode, when "Dr. K" was misleading the detective and the NFS with fake cases, I noticed that the person who was filmed had red spots on his neck too. I didn't know what to think, wondering at first if these were blood stains, and if yes, why the alleged killer didn't clean them. Then I thought it could be a skin condition. Then I noticed that Dr Jang's skin is pretty healthy. Also, I think that that bad prosecutor has something on him, which is how he is able to force him to do things he doesn't want to do. So, this is what I think:

Theory #1

1- Dr Jang's mom might have committed a crime in the past.

2-  the prosecutor got proof of it, and uses it as leverage to blackmail Dr Jang into working with criminals, manipulating crime scenes so that he (prosecutor) gets kickbacks for protecting the rich and powerful.

3- Though she is sick and in bed, I wonder if Dr Jang's mom is still active (on the crime front): is the notebook with the drawing hers? Dr Jang seemed horrified when he flipped through the pages, as if he was seeing it for the first time.

Theory #2

1- Dr Jang has a split personality, a bit like Dr Jekill and Mr Hyde?

2- I'm on the fence about this theory, because the night activities are well thought-out, and the the peson doing them has been careful to never kill anyone, since he only uses dead bodies.

3- Dr Jang started working with criminals on the side to pay for his mom's medical bills. 

4- The prosecutor has proof of his night activities, knows he's doing that and all he can to keep his mom around (meaning going to jail is not an option), if he's put away his mom has no one. He uses that as leverage to get him to do even more ad work.

I ship Dr Noh and Dr Jang. I hope that their budding friendship develops, and that Dr Noh's daughter will not just be found safe, but that her efforts to get those two adults together will bear some fruits.

Though I'm not holding my breath, I totally ship Dr Baek and Eun Sol, more than him and Sally. I like the dynamic between BB and ES, how Eun Sol does not hesitate to call him out, has the utmost respect for him without putting him on a pedestal, and how despite knowing what irks him in her (strong word), like her driving, she doesn't change her behavior just to please him; she remains who she is. It seems obvious to me that she cares for him (it was obvious at the end of season 1, when she was worried about the way he lived), but it is also clear that she is not imagining a future together, and won't be crossing any boundaries.

I absolutely love Sally, too, but think the kind of love she has for Dr Baek is admiration mixed with adulation. I could be wrong, but it seems a bit like puppy love to me. :)

On 6/25/2019 at 4:32 PM, Hannahmiriam said:

I don't think they mixed it up. It's just that CSI Miami is better known than CSI LA (or than NCIS: Los Angeles). You might have noticed, but drama references to other countries are mainly linked to stereotypes. They might think that CSI Miami is the "founding father" of forensics.  I am waiting for Horatio Caine's name to pop-up whenever Sally mentions CSI Miami.

Guess I'm a quibbler. :P While the CSI franchise may have been more popular in Miami than LA is not the point. In the first episode it was established that Sally was from LA, while in the first series Stella was from Miami. Now, being fellow Koreans it's not inconceivable that they knew each other, but the character origins should be canon throughout. Maybe I visit the "continuity" sections too much on IMDB ha ha.

By the way, the "founding father" of the CSI franchise is Las Vegas, Nevada, the city of the original "CSI."

1 hour ago, Jonah Kyle said:

Guess I'm a quibbler. :P While the CSI franchise may have been more popular in Miami than LA is not the point. In the first episode it was established that Sally was from LA, while in the first series Stella was from Miami. Now, being fellow Koreans it's not inconceivable that they knew each other, but the character origins should be canon throughout. Maybe I visit the "continuity" sections too much on IMDB ha ha.

By the way, the "founding father" of the CSI franchise is Las Vegas, Nevada, the city of the original "CSI."

That's why I said "They might think that CSI Miami is the "founding father" of forensics", and by that I don't talk about the franchise, but the a "real" forensics office.

I usually hate the "simple" drama way of dealing with other cultures, and this time is no exception. People are from America, or studying in America, or looking for lost relatives in America. They have been living in Europe, as Europe is a one-language speaking country, Italians eat pasta and are coffee - any coffee experts, the Spanish play the guitar (I've met more and better guitarists in Portugal than in Spain), not to mention that Africa is just that. I usually take it easy because I am aware that I am as ignorant about Asia and other parts of the world as they are about Europe or the US and I don't have high expectations about regular people, but I still think scriptwriters should do a better job with their research.

On that note, they might have said that it's all right to contact the Miami office even though she is from LA. Doesn't everyone write to the Miami experts all the time?! (I am sure I've heard CSI Miami being mentioned in another drama.)

I like Dr Jang but why do I see a voice 3 ending if i will like him more?? :huh: anyway,  i still like how this program goes, an additional character of dr jang is way too awesome for the story. Hows he become related to the case and how he know forensic is really wow.

Dr Jang is a scene stealer for this season. His mysterious way with long hair and stone face captivated my eyes. It is sad to know that he suffers split personality disorder. And I am afraid to see his future in this drama. I don't want to see a kindhearted dr jang turns to manipulative and cruel dr k. 

Wow I am really glad I watched this show. Have watched No Min Woo previously and am glad to see him rocking his role here (and fits the role super well). Glad hes back on screen too. The whole cast is really good. I want Dr Jang to get treatment with his mental ilness. I also ship the mother, daughter and him as a family lmao. I hope they keep in touch throughout the story. I hope Dr Jang has gets treatment and moves forward to be happier :( I don’t want something bad to happen to him because of some higher ups. Really didnt like the scene where one of the big bosses calls him up and triggers his alter and trauma...so cruel and it just makes me so angry. I like how this series illustrates how mental illness may seem shameful, something out of this world and unacceptable in certain countries as it is something very true. It isn’t wrong to seek help if you are ill and it the issue needs to be educated to people properly and encourage help if you need it. 

Dr Jang is smart. I'd like to think that he'll find a way to outsmart the evil prosecutor. I also hope that Dr Baek will manage to get the full picture, and will help before Jang's evil alter ego is fully unleashed. Last but not least, I so hope to see Dr Noh happy. The poor woman has been through so much in such a short amount of time...

Prosecutor Gal should go into prison. He is the worse. No empathy at all. He manipulates Dr. Jang's sickness and trauma just to carry out his evil plan. 

I don't understand why Dr. Jang didn't seek treatment. He is a doctor and he knows his conditions. He even hated the things that Dr. K do. And it seems that he doesn't know that his mother had died. 

Jang Cheol and Dr. K's real identity still yet to discover. From what we know from his conversation with Prosecutor Ga in the car, is his mother still alive or really exist? Or just his imagination? Because the bed was empty when someone in his room. I am so sorry after saw his childhood experience. 

By the way I was amazed by this male actor with such a beautiful face and good at acting and singing too. 

10 hours ago, At the dawn said:

Jang Cheol and Dr. K's real identity still yet to discover. From what we know from his conversation with Prosecutor Ga in the car, is his mother still alive or really exist? Or just his imagination? Because the bed was empty when someone in his room. I am so sorry after saw his childhood experience. 

By the way I was amazed by this male actor with such a beautiful face and good at acting and singing too. 

I am guessing that his mother had died long time ago. He is just hallucinating, thinking that his mother still alive. His mental condition is in very serious state. I hope Soo Hyun and Dr Han can peesuade him to seek treatment later. He should be given a chance to live his life, not in the shadows of his past and trauma. 

4 hours ago, Forsythia said:

I am guessing that his mother had died long time ago. He is just hallucinating, thinking that his mother still alive. His mental condition is in very serious state. I hope Soo Hyun and Dr Han can peesuade him to seek treatment later. He should be given a chance to live his life, not in the shadows of his past and trauma. 

Yes he really need someone who really care for him. He is alone. I also hope that the writer will give him a good ending. 

There are things about the first season that were better like Stella (the new toxicologist is a poor and flat imitation of Abby from NCIS) but overall I like this second season a little more. Firstly, it's much more grounded in the procedural side of things without all the pedestrian soap opera baggage hanging in the background infesting relationships. Moreover, Prosecutor Kang was just not suited to be in his position... he was too emotionally entangled with everyone in some fashion and acted beyond his scope. Also Prosecutor Do is a much better fit for this team and has that easygoing, lowkey circumspection that reminds me a little of Columbo. I also think they wrapped up the Wuseong serial murders in S1 rather too quickly and easily especially when that's been spotlighted in a number dramas in recent years.

What's especially interesting about S2 is Jang Cheol aka Dr K. I'm not familiar with the actor but the way he's styled, reminds me of an anime character. He totally rocks... (I feel he should be carrying a katana) and should have his own spin-off... "Dr K" as an antihero vigilante crime fighter. But what's really appalling and reprehensible is how the Chief Prosecutor is using him as a cleaner for the Sungjin group by triggering him with incredibly painful memories of abuse. What is their relationship? He knows him far too well and it causes me to wonder if they are family.

Archived