[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

I’ve been in a drama slump for a couple of months now and decided to check this show out on a whim and I have to say I’m hooked! 

The story line is really interesting and I desperately want to know what happens next! Love how plucky and snarky the heroine is and the burgeoning love triangle with Haru and Kyung :love:

This and the tale of Nok Du has officially taken me out of the drama slump! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cinnyangel said:

What about Dried Squid? What's his role in the webtoon/manhwa?

Spoiler

He has a backstory, seems like he comes from another manhwa. I don't really know, it's like a wuxia comic (?). He tends to kill everyone he saw that's why blood always cover him up. Then, he meets a girl who doesn't scare at him and fall in love with her. But in the end, he killed her. The girl now is in Seuli High School, becomes a teacher.

I don't really know what happened, so maybe there are any mistakes.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

Ohhhh mannnnn just started watching this yesterday and binged the 4 episodes. I think i'm getting the second lead syndrome with Bae Kyung. I like the characters that aren't exactly 'good' and I wish we could see his character change for the better but I don't think that will happen because the drama isn't long enough and it's a kdrama lol. I really wish there wouldn't be a love triangle because you already know who DO will end up with and so far I like both of the two male characters. I've never really watched any kdrama with a PROPER love triangle where its 50/50 on who will end up with who.  All three of them have good chemistry together too.

It's pretty obvious that BK genuinely cares for DO and he's never been aware of it because she's always been there pretty much stuck? I'm looking forward to BK actually feeling and experiencing hurt. Despite DO not having much longer to live, I think BK needs to experience not to take things for granted with DO (since it's been so long, BK believes DO will always stick to him). 

I agree, Baekyung has definitely been more aware (even since the start of the drama) and he was the first one who actually noticed Haru in the library. I also think DO's flower in the childhood flashback is the same flower that Haru always looks at. Haru's is basically writing/drawing his own story I think haha. 

I am really enjoying the actress playing DO, she's doing a great job especially since a big part of the time it's she's talking to herself. 

Dohwa is a much more interesting character than the main manhwa leads JD and NJ. I don't really pay too much attention to them since they aren't as real hahahah.

Wondering if any other characters will become self aware? I think it will only be the kitchen fairy, do hwa, dan oh and lastly, baekyung. 

I wonder what the 'black/green' hole is? The easiest guess would be real-life but I dont know if the drama will touch on that.

Overall I think this drama is doing really good. Storytelling in a different way with the 'manhwa' theme. 

• Like 7

On 10/11/2019 at 11:48 AM, Peach said:
  Hide contents

Hey, you got it right!!! This is the ending of webtoon version haha. In the last chapter, there is an interview with Secret author. Actually she feels very pity for Dan Oh (Dan Oh died in the comic secret), so on her next work Dan Oh becomes the female lead. It's about a time travel story! She's travel to Joseon Era and meet her male lead here. And guess what? It's Haru!!! LOL

But drama version has so many changes. I think the scriptwriters use this idea for another twist for Haru background. I don't know...

Spoiler

DO eventually died in the webtoon? Oh noo i hope they have happy ending in the drama :tears:

• Like 3

I think i’m too old for this drama...lol... at 1st i decided not to watch but i change my mind and started by watching ep 4 1st! I love it and marathon all episodes from the beginning twice.. ..

today i’m like “ Wednesday please come faster”! 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, jentayue said:

I think i’m too old for this drama...lol... at 1st i decided not to watch but i change my mind and started by watching ep 4 1st! I love it and marathon all episodes from the beginning twice.. ..

today i’m like “ Wednesday please come faster”! 

Yea same here, just happen to watch it because nothing else to watch.  I find the plot interesting and refreashing.

• Like 3

I didnt expect that I would like this drama, I'm not familiar with all actors at all and I'm too old for high school drama but here I am lol

First I would give my appreciation to hye yoon, she is amazing. She hard carried this drama with her acting, I love her! Ofc the plot is also hella interesting, I cant wait for the next eps. From now I only want to watch the drama without reading the webtoon.

I'm all for Haru and Dan Oh loveline here, no room for Kyung lol. I'm sorry for kyung fans here but I never like him and eps 4 really make it worse! He left Dan Oh all alone in forest when she was struggling with her health, and what I dont understand is when he push Haru until he bleeding in library out of nowhere. .like? Is he jealous of Dan Oh and Haru together after treated Dan Oh like richard simmons all this time? I love how Dan Oh also hating him to death because he is just arrogant af. In the end of eps 4, what he said to Dan Oh is beyond hurtful, I'm glad he got a punch from Haru lol. I dont know how kyung character would turned out after he realized he is a manhwa character too, but for now I'm just pissed off everytime he appear lol (sorryy guys!!)

• Like 5

@baby.hae

LMFAo the struggle IS real!!

I too have a love-hate relationship with Kyung. I get it that he's a puppet in his dad's "business plan" but still that is NO excuse to treat your fiancee (Dan Oh) like trash:crazy: And yea that really sucked how he just dumped her in a dark forest...alone...:angry: I was like seriously?!

I'm too old for youthful stuff as well, but it's my guilty pleasure:w00t:;) I definitely think Kyung's jealous rage was 'cause he didn't like seeing Dan Oh bein' happy with another guy..? He always keep tellin' her how she gets her way (which ain't true have you seen the way she curses the manhwa writer LoL!?) So yea he shoved Haru against the shelves. Though why he bled on his forehead when only his back was toward the shelf LoL!??!:w00t: Drama logic indeed:phew:

The sudden changes to characters are a bit sudden for me... like how all a sudden they got self-aware??:blink: It's too convenient...

• Like 3

Hi, everyone! Just finished watching all the episode in one go and I must say this drama is awesome. I usually don't watch dramas that feature a school setting but this one is just so good. As many of you  also wonder why the characters suddenly started to become self aware but I think that it just proves that the manhwa writer has some problems with the story and character.s

There were many dramas and mangas/manhwas where I was super frustrated with how the story goes or how ridiculous the characters are written that I often cursed the writer for that. So for know, without a better explanation, I just think that the characters here got tired of being mistreated by the writer and thus became self aware, as a protest of sorts. DO was a pitiful character already yet the writer made her like a complete jerk and suffer continuous emotional abuse from him. On top of that the writer made her a meek character that can't speak up when Kyung is being mean. I'd become self aware too if only to kick his richard simmons. As for DH, he too is a completely different person when self aware. Who wants to be a standard second lead with all the ridiculousness involved with it? Kyung is also on the path of becoming self aware. Maybe he too is getting tired of acting like such a jerk. The manhwa writer is doing him dirty without any proper reason (daddy issues don't justify his behaviour). Don't know what Squid Fairy's deal is yet but he must have a story of his own. I really want to know more about Haru and just have him on screen all the time. The dude's face is an artwork, i can't stop staring at him.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

This MV is so good (with SF9 song)   and song's lyrics are so fit for drama:wub:  "all around the world I will be searching for you, I 'm sending this message now my echo, waited so long, hope you feel the same with me, cause my echo, i breathe in, i breathe out, until my breath runs out running I m running until I stay next to you babe."

And Rowoon's part "wherever whenever my story will be still here , wherever whenever I can begin again with you"

Now I am waiting OST from SF9 so we can hear Rowoon's beautiful voice in drama too:wub:

• Like 2

I watched the last episode again and the scene where BK starts pushing Haru into the bookshelf is actually actually part of the stage and a scene where the writer intended it. So the story is actually changing, but maybe the 'fate' of each character will still be the same as intended by the writer?

I read a comment here about Haru and DO being from another comic...and I think this is true too. They are probably originally from a comic set back in a much older/historical time and that green/black hole has something to do with it

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1