[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

True every men should treat women especially the one they love with respect and gentleness. Though there are still some girls who like 'bad boys' and I was also one of them. :ph34r: I had the fantasy that I will change them with my love. But as time passed by I realised that life is already difficult and I don't want any man even if he is my love to constantly mistreat me and put me down. That's the reason why I never watched BOF despite its hype and skipped many popular dramas. When I was taking the soompi quiz I was thinking again and again that anyone is fine as long as its not Nam Joo amd Baek Kyung and fortunately I got dream guy Haru :wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, larrysouth said:

Is it just me or is everyone else becoming just a little bit tired of Ha-Ru's perfection?  He sets nigh impossible standards of appearance, kindness and consideration.  How can us mortal men compete with that when it comes to our women

Which is why I always said his character seems otherworldly.  Like a guardian angel.  Faultless and therefore not realistic.  But he is the ideal to aspire towards.  Character growth wise he has had the least development in the drama.  DO and BK have had the most.  For those who experience angst from watching possible BK/DO scenes for the final episodes, maybe do what I do when I feel the same  :lol: I don’t watch live and read spoilers afterwards, then I fast forward scenes and only watch the ones I want to watch to save me heartache.  Works a charm.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

8 hours ago, taskdramafanatic said:

dan oh saw she died in the story board thus she would have died in stage had haru not changed the stage. you knoe what happens when someone dies in stage they die forever, haru saved dan oh's life but it costed him to lose her in the shadow.

And if we go with this plot line, what we have seen in the drama is that the writer always gets what he/she wants in the end (if the writer planned for her to die on stage from the start, then changing the files meant she dies in the shadow in the interim but eventually will die on stage as well).  We have seen that no matter what they try to do to change the scene, they only succeed in delaying it.  The proposal scene with the ring...just moved on to another stage setting later.  So if it plays like JMC’s fate in TC (where his lover dies in the shadow first and then the stage later so he suffers twice for her “death”), then DO may well still die in Secret on the stage?  That would explain why in the Previews she’s seen to collapse and HR carries her off (unless that was a replay of the earlier episode where he took her watch band off and swapped it with SaeMi).  Does she die on the Secret stage regardless?  

If on the other hand, the writer never really intended for DO to die, we were all sold this idea because DO kept thinking she was and the storyboard she saw in her mind seemed to imply this...did she flatline there?  Or was it just staged so it looked like all was lost but we didn’t actually see her die/flatline in her flash forward.  I need to rewatch that to confirm.  If the writer never intended for her to die on the stage and DO was just preempting it because she kept getting negative messages from her doctor, then her shadow death was unnecessary because the writer intended for her to survive and get better from the surgery.

It all hinges on what the writer wanted for DO from the start.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

For me Do Hwa is the real deal....Haru is perfect in an almost outworldly manner....not complaining, mere observations....maybe a handful people in this world could be that way....Do Hwa is everything I would want in a friend or a boyfriend

I hope you don’t mean that the way Haru treats Danoh is otherworldly. I know men who treat their wives very well and it’s because of their “beliefs” about how a man should love his wife.

Indeed Haru and Danoh get along well so they hardly have conflict but when they did, I really don’t see the way Haru dealt with it as unrealistic. Do Hwa also treats Joo Doo well but since he doesn’t get the girl we see less of it. Does that make him perfect or otherworldly too? The thing about Haru and Do Hwa is that they “don’t” have the emotional maturity of a five year old child like the other two guys. They don’t pick on (bully) the girl they like but rather treat the girl they like with respect. If their behavior is “unrealistic” I think we as a society have a long way to go. 

I never once thought of Haru as a perfect character. That would be the unrealistic character in other drama shows where everything work out perfectly for them: Rich, top scorer, most popular among females, nature just bends to his will, etc. Yeah, the kind of lead male that are extremely common in teen/college drama. Also relevant is that Haru doesn’t have a full setup with home, family, etc like the others. He doesn’t even belong in Secret initially. So then of course his existence is entirely connected to Danoh instead which I think is the story that the drama is trying to tell.

Meanwhile, I’m still waiting for growth from the two male characters who need to mature emotionally from kindergarten. 

• Like 7
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, larrysouth said:

Is it just me or is everyone else becoming just a little bit tired of Ha-Ru's perfection?  He sets nigh impossible standards of appearance, kindness and consideration.  How can us mortal men compete with that when it comes to our women.  I think in the next manhwa, Ha-Ru should be a 40+ year old balding man with a beer belly.

Team Haru here.

Fair comment, @larrysouth.

I think you must understand that majority of the viewers of this genre of kdrama are women.  As I’ve written on my blog, for me, a big part of the romance in these kdramas is the belief a) that a woman is worth it, b) that her journey to self-discovery is relevant to the plot, and c) that her desires and wishes are important to the male lead.  DanOh is the plot here, not the side-story to Kyung's character rehabilitation. That’s why we’ll never get tired of Haru’s perfection.  

I'm sorry but mortal men with a beer gut, halitosis, and less-that-6-figure-salary job, need not apply in these women-centric romance fantasy. B)

source: https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/11/13/extra-ordinary-you-on-kyung-and-the-philomel

BTW, Kyung fanatics shouldn't read my blog without antacid at hand. Sorry ahead of time. I wrote this PRIOR to Episodes 13 and 14. 

As for more interpretation of the major difference between Kyung and Haru’s attitudes toward DanOh, here’s my POV. 

Essentially, 
Haru = keep her safe
Kyung = keep her

Now, if Kyung’s change of heart allows him to let go of DanOh so she can be with Haru, then we’re heading towards the right direction. 

link: https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/11/14/extra-ordinary-you-on-keeping-her-vs-keeping-her-safe

Again if you’re Kyung-DanOh shipper, please take care of your heart. Don’t read this. I wrote it before Episodes 13 and 14 were shown. 

Hi @deandraluv, long time no see. :)

Good luck with the finale!

KV0uOla.jpg

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

I hope you don’t mean that the way Haru treats Danoh is otherworldly

Also relevant is that Haru doesn’t have a full setup with home, family, etc like the others. He doesn’t even belong in Secret initially. So then of course his existence is entirely connected to Danoh instead which I think is the story that the drama is trying to tell.

When I reference HR as otherworldly, this is what I mean.  He’s like the Little Prince.  Naive, childlike, untainted by the world.  So he behaves like someone who is unconventional.  He loves DO just as purely.  Which is why he comes across as an ideal.  He’s totally a person of DO’s imaginings.  Probably why he came to existence in Secret when she named him.  Entirely connected to her now and forever...fated to meet and fall in love.  It’s their story.  BK was always a minor detour.

• Like 3

Hi everyone,
I think a lot of us are pissed because of the preview ! i think i had rather….. if they didn't give us one ....it was painful to watch :tears:
Don't worry we will have our happy ending  :D but after enduring  a lot with the latest episode.
But first We will have to see  Beak Young & Dan Oh  being in love
giphy.gif

in stage or maybe in shadow too ,while our Haru is crying giphy.gif in corner 

……I hate it I really hate it 

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I hope you don’t mean that the way Haru treats Danoh is otherworldly. I know men who treat their wives very well and it’s because of their “beliefs” about how a man should love his wife.

Indeed Haru and Danoh get along well so they hardly have conflict but when they did, I really don’t see the way Haru dealt with it as unrealistic. 

I have not once said anything about how he behaves around Dan Oh or treats her. Both Doe Hwa and Haru are good examples of well behaved, respectful, kind people. But, as for Haru, I mean his entire world revolves around Eun Dan Oh.......in real life, show me one guy who has the luxury to do that. The way the society works, with the all the pressure we have placed on ourselves, it is rare to find somebody who just exists for their better half and nothing else. If that is not very out worldly then what is! I have seen men, amazing men who treat their wives, girlfriends just the way Deo Hwa and Haru does, supportive, kind, understanding, respect their partners but even they have disagreements, go through conflicts that are bound to happen.  We are not machines, we have a personalities, preferences, expectations that are bound to give rise to some difference. Dan Oh and Haru has not had to deal with any real conflicts that relate to real world....it mostly is around her life being shortened against her will and her being around a guy she does not mean to be around. So commenting on how well they'd match on real world is unfair.  Even in that context, Dan Oh feels real, she has family, friends, expectations from them and goals. Deo Hwa is like that as well, so is Ju Da. Again not Haru's fault, he was written that way and beyond having grown a will to find Dan Oh, be with her, treasure every moment with her, he almost has no other purpose. He is almost angelic in that way. That is what I meant. Baek Kyung and Nam Ju, I am less sympathetic to Baek Kyung because he has awareness and still chooses to be a toxic Alpha male sort of character. Nam Ju, I have no clue what would he be like if he was aware. Because we have had not many significant moments to give us glimpse into his real self. Even Sae Mi and So Chul have had times where they show what they are in reality are very different compared to how they behave in Stage. So hard to comment on Nam Ju. 

• Like 7

Anyone noticed that Beak Kyung & Dan Oh romantic date is deja vu <_<....it's from another MBC drama production

giphy.gif giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

the writer is not creative at all he is just copying other works :D 

giphy.gif

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 3
  • LOL 15

Random things in twitter about Extraordinary You:heart:

Spoiler

i really like this one :P this two should meet & date they are  so Hot

giphy.gif

New pic pretty  Kim Hye-yoon

SO FUNNY :lol:

:bawling: 

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

OK, I can tell by some of the responses that some folks took me seriously in my comment about Ha-Ru.  I was actually speaking facetiously.  Ha-Ru is in fact a very good model for how a man should treat a woman.  If you notice, outside of Kyung, he treats all of the other male and female students very courteously.  His character is one we should all try to emulate.  I was just trying to relieve some of the angst as we go into tomorrow.  My apologies if my comments were out of line.

Now getting excited about tomorrow and Thursdays episodes and hoping for our couple to have a happy ending.

:D

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

@larrysouth ever the peacemaker :lol:.  I don’t think anyone took your comments that seriously.  No harm done.  HR is definitely the one to emulate with regards to how to treat your woman.  You sound much like a man who does right by his wife (from the little anecdotes that you’ve shared).  More power to you living HR-like in real life. :wub:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jillia said:

Kim Hye Yoon, Rowoon and Lee Jae Wook filming on Nov. 17th. Lee Jae Wook trying to film. :lol:

As expected from our Haru :heart:

giphy.gif

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks! :)
  • Like 13

Just now, leeminhosny said:
  Hide contents

I think this will be most hated final , today last shooting so obvious this final scene and couple look each ather end , really I don't know what I do 

MTVkZDRiMjVkMzVjY2E.gif

Spoiler

yeah i think that's what we are getting  unfortunately.......:cry: sigh

• Like 4
  • Confused 1