Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루

16 minutes ago, Jillia said:

For me the world the characters live in is still a mystery. We don't really know how things actually work. I think we can say that it's definitely a world inside a manhwa and that it's controlled by the writer. But also there is something magical going on which gives some characters the possibility to see the future (Dan Oh - which hasn't been used much for the last couple episodes), seeing the past (Ha Ru) and being able to change the plot (Ha Ru and possibly Kyung).

Yup. I'm waiting for her to see some more storyboard. You know I feel so thrilled whenever they tried to change the stage scenes. I'm so elated seeing how they work for it. HR knows that the DN's heart beeps alarm the next scenes will start soon. The stage changed. I'm afraid something like in NJ's party happens. How should I put it, something like inductive reasoning, when one thing change then it'll affect the others to change as well. 

34 minutes ago, Jillia said:

We might get answers before the drama ends but I wouldn't be surprised if the world remains a mystery beyond the ending

I hope they can break free from this paradigm which most of its predecceors fantasy dramas still unable to ressolve theirs in the past. Either the writer is lack out ideas or also confused to how they wrap all the loose ends after they mess it up with too many illogical plot twist or some sort of it. Wish EY's drama writer can make it this time. 

41 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I'm complaining a lot about Kyung but I'm mostly frustrated with the people who excuse his actions by blaming everything on Dan Oh and Ha Ru. Like I'm way too old to argue with teenagers about how Kyung is NOT sexy because abusive behavior in any shape or form is not romantic or sexy. I know teenagers learn that lesson slower but still it's very frustrating and actually makes me root for Kyung less.

They blame who?? Seriously, how, I mean why?? Well, don't answer that. I get what you mean. It's tiring to argue for something like this, especially if they already have that thought set-up on their mind. 

I really can't wait they show us the three of them are walking together in the forest (ending of the preview scenes) I thought they would continue the past flashback they threw in the previous episodes. Geez, they still keep it for next week. 

54 minutes ago, MinQi said:

Since the writer is lack of creativity (wth with recycling conversation from his/her other work), I think Ju Da and Nam Joo will end up like those typical shoujou manga ending, where both male and female lead will be together after facing through all obstacle and challenges together..

I get a feeling that JD actually likes DH than NJ. But JD's set-up character force her to do otherwise. Off stage, she talks back to CJH after she slaps her, then turn down NJ's confession. Also the expression she has when DH told NJ that he gives up to pursue her. She looks unhappy to hear it. I am sure she is fully self-aware but something might prevent her from telling it to DH. So I feel like JD and DH are following the footsteps of Trumpet Creeper triangle love BK-DN-HR plot. Is this a good sign or not. I hope everything comes as something good only. 

• Like 8

Kyung has reacted far differently than Do Hwa when he figured out he was only a character in a webtoon, maybe because he's part of the main cast & he can lose a lot if changes in the story happen that aren't in his favor. 

Not saying I agree with his violent behavior, but I can see why this is much harder for him to accept things.

• Like 10

@stargazer187, except that whereas Danoh/Haru/Kyung triangle was tragic, I can’t see NJ/JD/DH following in the footsteps of Trumpet Creeper. The temperament of their love triangle is different. Do Hwa (aware) gave up on trying with Juda because he realized his interference at the party hurt “both”JD and NJ. That’s a key difference in the two love triangles. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

2 minutes ago, LavelyShai said:

Kyung has reacted far differently than Do Hwa when he figured out he was only a character in a webtoon, maybe because he's part of the main cast & he can lose a lot if changes in the story happen that aren't in his favor. 

Not saying I agree with his violent behavior, but I can see why this is much harder for him to accept things.

I definitely can see that and mentioned it in my post. Kyung is desperate to have control, trying to tell everyone who their roles are because if he keeps repeating it, maybe he will remain significant as a character. Because - and here I will definitely accept his abusive father as a reason - when you grow up in a family with an abusive father and you don't feel loved every attention and affection you can get is important. And then he is losing the one person who had a crush on him for 10 years and Ha Ru the extra suddenly takes his place - everything seems to fall apart for him. I totally get where he is coming from. Just think he could be more balanced when it comes to his behavior. I like him a lot more when he is investigating about the manhwa "Trumpet Creeper". :)

• Like 13

After watching the last 4 episodes. This drama is just getting good. 

I like that every episode one of the characters says that the writer with it's uncreative and uninispired things even the cheesy line/s.

I have sympathy for BK but for him to have DO is a no no especially if DO doesn't even like him at all.

Too much fluffy content in the last episode even though their's a bit of angst. Looks like more problem/s would arise. 

As for DSF, looks like someone's coming to Secret I think will affect him. With few episodes left hopefully they could resolve the plot lines they layed out. 

• Like 9

Since everyone is talking about Kyung I will also tell my count...

It's not like he doesn't want to change or want to be jerk all time...but you know living a life of jerk and suddenly you want him to be all lovey-dovey that's next to impossible:confused:

Just look at the cases of character who are aware...

1.) Dan oh:- she was always a girl who was in love with an jerk but it doesn't measure her personality...her traits where bubbly, cheerful, kind what she is but of course after knowing the truth about manhwa and her fake one sided crush she hated it I mean anyone in right state of mind will hate it...and that's what she has done here...she doesn't wanted anyone love just wanted to have an ordinary life with his father and friends.

2.) Do hwa:- he was always shown as a nice and kind guy who understands people around him and try to be happy and make love of her life happy...and that's what he had been doing all around even in shadow...he did tried to win his love but here comes his personality traits the moment he saw it was hurting people around him he gave up  poor soul:( I wish he will get his happy ending with juda:tears:

3.) Haru:- haru never had personality traits created by writer it was the company of dan oh and do hwa from which he learnt what's friendship and so we know a good company always bring good out of you!!! (Eeeeek I love him too much haruuuyaaa:wub: he stole my heart)

4.) Juda:- as far as we know she is awake and we can see she is frustrated with her life...well anyone would be if they have to work their richard simmons off and then being treated as a richard simmons by people around them...:confused: as far as we can see even her personality traits have not changed much...she is still taking care of her grandmother in shadow and the attachment attraction love whatever it is she feels towards do hwa makes sense cause he doesn't treats her like some object like nam Joo but I guess she has given up on him also as she know she is intended to end with nam Joo and that's where her confidence came when she thrashed nam Joo mom:smirk: it's still early for her character let's see how she turns out.

4.) Kyung:- lastly coming to baek Kyung being treated like richard simmons by his family well basically his father and stepmother (his bro looks good to me but weirdly mysterious also) all his life he has to go through yelling of his father even in the shadow and we all know that what we sow is what we ripe. All his frustrations and anger what he gets from his father is what he thrashes out on another people...and yeah after being aware and after he started to realise the only person who really cared about him has also forgotten him and moved on with someone unknown his heart and his brain is in turmoil...he doesn't want to loose her but he also doesn't know how to save her. And in last episodes you can see when people started to thrash him saying how harsh he was with dan oh he was not being jerk but being sincerely concerned about her telling that I don't like you in hospital because...(it scares me) but before he could finish himself the scene became a scene with others misunderstanding him...(LOL I hope you guys will understand me here:sweat_smile:) and when the scene ends he wants to apologize...but but personality traits come here how can he say sorry to someone his ego will get hurt:rolleyes: and even in start you guys can see that he doesn't like dan oh and thrashes her because his father just know how to use dan oh love for his own use and he doesn't like this...and there comes being bad boy thing...maybe because he thinks by doing this she will start hating him and leave him alone...and LOL that's what happened in shadow and now when he has realised his mistakes it's far beyond repair she is already someone else's love. Honestly I started feeling little depressed after writing all of this... feeling little bad for him:tears:

But hey I don't never ever shipped them at all...and I am also a college student:rolleyes: just remembered I am writing this when I have tons of assignment to write.

LOL suddenly I realised this is most long post I have ever written on soompi:sweatingbullets: I think I have literally fallen for all my E3 squad too much:joy:

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Girl I've been waiting for your post! :D @Jillia

I totally agree your opinion about Baekyung. I'm thinking exactly the same, but most of people kinda understand him at some point (even shipping him with Dan Oh) thats why I rarely say about him but I'm glad at least I'm not alone lol

I'm also too old to fall with an arrogant male lead who treat the girl like a richard simmons but somehow the girl is still in love with him. My exact reaction is like Dan Oh after the stage end lol, I dont want to be with baekyung even for a sec, I'd prefer to run to Haru asap :rolleyes:

I try to understand him but honestly I cant. In fact when I dig it deeper, the more I get annoyed by him lol.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

8 minutes ago, baby.hae said:

Girl I've been waiting for your post! :D @Jillia

I totally agree your opinion about Baekyung. I'm thinking exactly the same, but most of people kinda understand him at some point (even shipping him with Dan Oh) thats why I rarely say about him but I'm glad at least I'm not alone lol

I'm also too old to fall with an arrogant male lead who treat the girl like a richard simmons but somehow the girl is still in love with him. My exact reaction is like Dan Oh after the stage end lol, I dont want to be with baekyung even for a sec, I'd prefer to run to Haru asap :rolleyes:

I think it's very important to address it and not to be too worried what may think or may get hurt. I think as long as the discussion and criticism is constructive it's fine. So don't worry and just share your thoughts on the drama. :D

• Like 7
  • Love 2

@baby.hae, Danoh realizes her time is running out. She wasted 10 years (an entire decade) of her life already and her condition is worsening daily. She’s increasingly in physical pain from her heart condition and it must be very frightening for her. If we put herself in her shoes, we should definitely understand why the moment the stage ends she immediately wants to find Haru who has done nothing but loved her sincerely. Yes I know that he only just last episode told her he liked her but “his actions” consistently demonstrate to her that he cherishes her. Particularly in the most recent developments he has said many things to reassure her and has shown her how much he treasures her. She actually made my tears fall last night when she couldn’t find Haru at the 100 year old tree and she began to cry. I understood her because every minute of her life is more precious to her now.

• Like 11
  • Love 2

Do words like richard simmons turns into richard simmons in soompi:joy: OMG and here I was thinking when did I write richard simmons:joy::sweatingbullets:

O God soompi is something it doesn't Allow abusive word even with "*" in between them O God:joy: I made a new discovery today:joy:

• LOL 6

@baby.hae @celebrianna

The drama started off with Dan Oh and her heart disease. And if we take away the magical aspect of the drama we see the characters reading books like "Flowing like a River" by Paulo Coehlo or "The Life of Pi" by Yann Martel.

"Flowing like a River" are little stories about how to cherish each moment in life. Paulo Coehlo tells the story about little things to enjoy, music, walking up a mountain and so on. It's pretty much saying make the most of everything, no matter how little.

Meanwhile "The Life of Pi"'s main motif is life is a story and you live your life through belief. Not necessarily religious belief. But simply you can stumble and learn from it and still believe you can proceed living your life. It touches on topics like life and death basically.

So both pieces are very philosophical and also touch on existential questions just like Extraordinary You does.

And if I were Dan Oh I would rather spend my life with the person I love and do the things I enjoy (play hooky) and endure those stage moments, only to return to the important moments in the shadows.

Like Dan Oh said: She rather wants to spend the rest of her time with Ha Ru.

@elsanna

Yes it's a automatic filter. On Soompi you're not allowed to use swearwords. Any swearword will be replaced by "richard simmons". :D

• Like 8
  • Insightful 3

Finally sat down and watched episode 20.  I debated for a long time whether I could watch this episode having read some of the recap details.  I almost lost my wife at the beginning of the year due to her heart problem.  Her condition was something that we dealt with for the past few years and then it suddenly got much, much worse at the end of last year.  At the beginning of the year they finally had to perform open heart surgery to do a triple bypass and valve replacement on her.  I could really identify with the scene where Ha-Ru is sitting on the floor in the art room looking at the pictures reminiscing about his time with Dan-Oh.  It is funny but I never really thought about the major moments of our life together but instead remembered all the silly little daily life moments like cooking dinner together or just having a conversation over coffee at the coffee shop.  When Ha-Ru is sitting under the tree at night and just says, "Please.," that actually drew a tear.  I can remember sitting in the hospital waiting room, just praying that over and over again.  Not sure if I can sit through that part of the episode ever again. 

• Like 7
  • Love 12

On 10/24/2019 at 8:42 PM, nonski said:

The thing that recycling brought about in the new Haru is what we call "subconscious".  This is the reason why he hesitantly threw the ball to DO while playing dodgeball.  Apart from that incident though, the rest are just normal actions of a person, like him looking at DO.  Who would not when this girl suddenly comes to you and speak to you as if you know each other.  On the other hand, towards the end when he went back to school and went straight to his sanctuary, I think that will trigger for him to remember, to gather, all those things that are in his subconscious and recall moments with DO.

Still not done watching this week's episode, been kinda busy with the holidays but started with episode 9, barely, just up till the DO and DH keep stuffing food on Haru.  It was so funny but I was kind of elated that what I wrote last week was what exactly Do Hwa had in mind... DO in Haru's subconscious! yay!

Ok let me go back to sleep... I just woke up and checked if the other drama I was following finally showed up but even on Netflix it did not, again I must say I hate Korea's love for baseball!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

And I'm so curious why is DS said to DO to not repeat the same mistake like in the past, what mistake, loving HR or changing their fate?

I think because he (Squid) did that himself in TF.  He doesn’t have to do that in Secret because a certain someone hasn’t been written into the Secret plot.  So he can just sit back and watch because he has no reason to want it to change.  But this will all change next week because the object of his desire (or impetus to change the script) will appear.  

• Like 10

I can just see the end of this show with one of the leads dying and then the final scene being the start of another comic in another time period like the 1950's and they lock eyes and that's that

• Like 8

The drama has different story compared to the webtoon. Each has its own uniqueness, strength and weakness. But the core of the story is still the same. That's why i believe that DO HR will have happy ending because they do in the webtoon. But then i got so confused when the drama put BK in flower as DO's fiance/love interest. To make it worse JMC indicates that flower has sad/tragic ending.

From what we've seen so far DO will eventually die but spend and cherish her moment happily with HR. But isn't it too cruel for them? Yes they get to spend their moments together before DO dies but can't they just live normally doing trivial daily life things like usual people without worrying about stage they don't want to do? Where's the happy ending i got in the webtoon? 

@MinQi has the right possible answer for my confusion of the possible ending.

Spoiler

They'll end up in totally new manhwa and this time they will be happy. They may become the main couple of that new manhwa or extras with insignificant role in the story of the manhwa but can move freely to their own will. I like the latter better. And i think it fits the theme of the drama, that being an extra is good too.

And call me childish but i want a proper closure, not just them see each other from afar, lock eyes and smile recognizing each other but them being their silly adorable selves enjoying their time together while mocking the writer for the stage they do or see as spectators seconds ago.

Edited by bee_wannabe
Put some parts to spoiler
  • Like 13