[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

Spoiler

I hope this drama ends with no redemption for Kyung. That way the audience will be talking of the drama for days!!! Anyways his expression was on point when his hand reached for the sword. The reluctant villain of the story is Kyung while the mastermind is the writer~ who is the real big bad boss!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Honestly it doesnt matter whether baekyung put Dan Oh mask back or not, but it's a fact that he tried to kill Dan Oh dan removed her oxygen mask, I dont think we should excuse his action again 'But but he put it back again!!! He didnt kill her!!' I mean Dan Oh is in critical condition for god sake, the fact he dare to remove her oxygen mask and try to take her life for nothing but himself says a lot about him. I dont know why people still excuse his action again this time.

I dont know, this is the first time that I see a lot of people take more sympaty to evil villain like baekyung while our leads are suffering and crying non stop, a lot of people excuses baekyung action more than our lead. .The villain tried to kill the female lead, yet some people still try to excuse his action. .I saw a lot in my SNS. I guess one of the reasons because lee jae wook is more popular than rowoon and hyeyoon? But thats outside of drama, shouldnt bring that to the drama character. Well I hope in the next drama he shouldnt play another villain again because I'm sorry, looks like some fans cant take it positively. Sorry for a little bit rant

• Like 7
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, baby.hae said:

Honestly it doesnt matter whether baekyung put Dan Oh mask back or not, but it's a fact that he tried to kill Dan Oh dan removed her oxygen mask, I dont think we should excuse his action again 'But but he put it back again!!! He didnt kill her!!' I mean Dan Oh is in critical condition for god sake, the fact he dare to remove her oxygen mask and try to take her life for nothing but himself says a lot about him. I dont know why people still excuse his action again this time.

There’s a difference between excusing someone’s action and understanding someone’s action.  They are not one and the same.  I can understand why someone would kill someone else, but I don’t excuse it?  Subtle difference but a difference all the same.  So whilst I may “understand” why he would do it, I do not excuse his action for having done it.  The facts are there.  And according to the facts presented to us, he removed her mask, then he put it back on.  During that timeframe, the monitor alarms did not go off, so she didn’t die in that duration.  In a court, it would be argued that she didn’t die...no direct cause and effect. Purely factual.  If you want to really argue the cause of her death it would be HR’s interference with the surgery she required.  Yes there was no intent to “kill her”, but the facts remain that she died because she wasn’t given the proper treatment because he swapped the files.

As for when she died, you need to rewatch that scene.  Just before the next stage scene (when she has her mask on) and after the monitors go off and HR prays... there’s a distinct flatlining sound in the background before the “click” of a comic page.  So she dies then with HR in attendance.  And that would explain why she forgets him on stage (and the shadow as well) because she’s rebooted.

As for sympathy for BK.  I put it purely down to LJW’s acting.  I don’t think it can just be fan girls taking his side.  He has added his own spin on BK’s character to make him less heinous.  He should get awards for doing so.  But that aside, BK as a character has a long way to go when it comes to redemption.  Personally for me, he has begun the journey, he seemed a lot softer towards DanOh this episode (no wrist grabbing).  Redemption is about where you have come from, not where you ideally should be.  It’s a process.  And no, I don’t think he deserves DO.  HR is still the better man for her.  But BK is the more interesting character to analyse.  He’s so conflicted.  So I approach him in a purely academic sense to understand why he behaves the way he does.  HR and DO in contrast are straightforward characters. 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

@nrllee

About baekyung removing her mask, it's true that dan oh might not instantly death because of it, but honestly, she is in serious condition and her life depend on the help of the oxygen mask, if we try to put the real life situation here, it's normal to assume that she might death because he removing the oxygen mask, eventhough the effect might occurred later not instantly death, but in her state it's not okay to removing it at all. It's still inhumane to do something like that I dont understand his action at all

As for the actor, because I'm completely neutral here (I didnt know any of extraordinary actors before watching at all), lee jae wook is good but I dont think he add more than the character has written for him to make him less evil instead I feel like he appear to be more unbearable and harsh but it could be because the writer written his character that way, a lot of people said his character is less evil in manhwa, but of course thats just my opinion. As for Baekyung he is just a self centered guy to me, immature and egoistic. I dont think he is more interesting than other characters

Okay I dont want to argue again, we just have different opinion thats all

• Like 9

Pain of every single character going through here is portrayed so well.
when BK and Haru both crying :tears: that was so hard for me to watch and I remember the day we met OST playing in the end  aww my heart :tears:

Haru misunderstanding and his guilty feel stops himself from approaching DanOh. Dan Oh wants to be with Haru even after knowing what will happen to her. BK keep getting hurt in stage and the moment he realized it’s him not Haru.:tears::tears:
Ju Da knew she can’t be with Do Hwa even if she wants to and Do Hwa can’t do nothing for her when he wants to stay by her side in hard times. I can't believe we have to go through the whole someone-who's-Haru-but-isnt-Haru ordeal again but with Danoh instead....

Me to writer Can it get get any sadder?

Writer Yes it can....

31c990b4a4d17f3f82bf5728a63e6eba640dbb21

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, baby.hae said:

It's still inhumane to do something like that I still dont understand his action at all

Yes it’s inhumane and wrong but that’s what’s fascinating about it. :lol:  Yes I am strange like that.  I like to analyze what would possess someone to do what he did.  Like why do serial killers kill?  And I do have a theory inside my head as to why he would do what he did, but I won’t share it here since it’s clear most prefer not to hear it.  Sorry if I offended you.  I just like to psychoanalyse complex characters.  BK is complex.  HR is very straightforward.  I will move on now.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Seriously, what should I do with my swollen eyes now! My stages will begin in an hour. Sighh.... why they make me cry so much!!! 

So the writer switched DO's healthy shadow to stage. What was that??? Does what JMC said truly happen??? What happens before the next scenes changed to amnesiac DO??? Did she die on the shadow or what?? Writer don't tell me you'd take her self-awareness this time?? 

If the Trumpet Creeper supposed to be a tragic ending like that, this secret world should be their chances to live a happier one writer! 

Two eps left for next week. Sighh.. I don't like it to end this soon. I need to calm myself and would write when I get better later. 

Last but not least, Their acting is superb!! It's so heartbreaking!! 

Exactly my feelings!  So actually DO died in shadow.  Poor girl!  :tears:  What about the her wishes to stay alive?   Writernim, what do you have against DO?  Why don't you give her happy endings both in TC and Secret?  Is it because she always goes against your plots?  Because she falls in love not with BK but HR? 

I wonder whether the next episode will go back a bit about the time when DO died in the shadow.  What happened to HR and BK then?  A girl died in real life!  It is the same DO, isn't it?  I wonder if the new DO will have the same personal traits and personality like the old DO.  So, like JMC's lover, just the body and the look which are exactly the same basically?  Everything else is different?   Aigoo.....

I miss DO already.....I really love her character.  I cried a bucket when she was in her room trying to comfort herself by rubbing her own head by saying, "It's going to be okay, it's going to be okay...." :tears:  The scene when she was 'praying' to the writernim was so heart-wrenching!!   She is such a positive girl!   Teens nowadays need to learn from her character!  She is a good role model when it comes to overcoming problems in teen life.

I am curious how the new DO will appear in shadow and when she will get awareness!

The cast really do a great job in delivering their emotions!  Can't believe next week is the final week.  I hope the drama wraps up and conclude nicely.  No rushed nor open ending I hope! 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

As for sympathy for BK.  I put it purely down to LJW’s acting.  I don’t think it can just be fan girls taking his side.  He has added his own spin on BK’s character to make him less heinous.  He should get awards for doing so.  But that aside, BK as a character has a long way to go when it comes to redemption.  Personally for me, he has begun the journey, he seemed a lot softer towards DanOh this episode (no wrist grabbing).  Redemption is about where you have come from, not where you ideally should be.  It’s a process.  And no, I don’t think he deserves DO.  HR is still the better man for her.  But BK is the more interesting character to analyse.  He’s so conflicted.  So I approach him in a purely academic sense to understand why he behaves the way he does.  HR and DO in contrast are straightforward characters. 

Tell me more your analysis. I think BK is interesting, very complex.  I don't support BK-DO. I am just very curious this character and so i have an attention with BK and Jea Wook actor. BK's action make not define wrong or wright.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@stroppyse, I often wonder if LJW got the role of BK because of his character in the soap opera drama in Search:WWW that the female lead who was his love interest used to watch like a drug. :lol:

Did you know that Rowoon initially auditioned for the role of BK but got cast as Haru instead??? I got goosebumps when I read that because I think that Rowoon could have also made a very despicable BK and we would have missed the chance to enjoy Rowoon as Haru (just imagining him yelling at DO and being horrible to her with his face irks me...I think It would actually irk me more to see Rowwon's face be evil than it does with LJW's face... idk why cuz I knew neither of them before the drama) However I think LJW did an amazing job as BK and I think the casting director saw the potential and gave him the role (Not sure if LJW would make a good Haru tho haha even if he is the sweetest in the BTS I think Rowoon was made for the role....but who knows!)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Doramy said:

Tell me more your analysis. I think BK is interesting, very complex.  I don't support BK-DO. I am just very curious this character and so i have an attention with BK and Jea Wook actor. BK's action make not define wrong or wright.

sent you a message. Probably best to discuss there. :)

• Like 1

SF9’s RoWoon Impresses With Perfect Acting In Drama “Extraordinary You”

sf9 rowoon, rowoon acting, rowoon extraordinary you, rowoon, haru, extraordinary you drama

SF9 ‘s RoWoon is acting as the lead actor in the trendy fantasy high school romance drama “Extraordinary You” (MBC). The drama is popular and many are recognizing his talents in acting. He has received numerous praise for his good acting skills.

The drama is now close to its end and RoWoon has shown diverse emotions through his character HaRu. In the first part of the drama, his acting was mostly bright, cute, and innocent.

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

As the drama’s plot included more mystery and darkness, his character has shown new emotions such as anger, despair, sadness, and more.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

In the most recent episode, RoWoon has shown impressive two crying scenes that were praised online. Be aware of spoiler.

The first one is the scene where the woman he loves DanOh (Kim HyeYoon) died. HaRu (RoWoon) and Baek Kyung (Lee JaeWook) were both holding the sword with HaRu standing in front and Baek Kyung behind. Baek Kyung was the one that gave the deadly wound to DanOh.

HaRu then saw the woman he loved died from the sword he was holding. In the scene, RoWoon expressed the pain and sadness of losing the one he loves.

sf9 rowoon, rowoon acting, rowoon extraordinary you, rowoon, haru, extraordinary you drama

The second one is a similar scene. HaRu rushed to the hospital after hearing that DanOh (Kim HyeYoon) was very sick. When he entered her hospital room, he held her hands and stayed by her side when she suddenly passed away. RoWoon’s expressions of panic, shock, pain, and sadness were outstanding too.

giphy.gif

Online many have mentioned that RoWoon’s acting was perfect. Here are some comments under the two scenes (mentioned above) videos.
Spoiler

Netizens are all talking about how impressed they are by his acting and his crying scene’s acting. They also felt like crying and that they felt sad thanks to his acting. Some mentioned that they could feel his despair and that they were hooked onto the scene.

Do you also find that RoWoon has impeccable acting skills? Were you also moved by RoWoon’s crying scenes?

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 9

@baby.hae, don’t worry. There are some of us who can’t stand evil or malevolent characters. I’m one of them. BK hasn’t engaged my sympathy for 99% of this show all because of his anger issues and selfishness. I can’t with him. 

I love crime and detective stories. They are a drug for me and my friends and I can tell you that there’s never been a villain that has fascinated me by taking precious human lives. Bad behavior also doesn’t appeal to me at all especially because it’s a threat to societal harmony. I can’t stand evil to be honest. Never found it interesting and never found characters (in spite of an actor I like)who perpetrate it interesting. They make me feel uncomfortable. They just revolt me. I also can’t stand whiners. Generally, characters who take charge of their lives despite the harsh hand they’ve been dealt interests me the most. 

However, there has been some characters in Korean drama who were bad even violent characters but they stirred mixed feelings in me. Two such characters were the brother to the guy in 

Come Here and Hug Me and a rich kid in Class of Lies. The former because his growth throughout the show humanized him where I saw instead of just being a thug, bully and criminal, his vulnerabilities became apparent as episodes progressed and they eventually led him to redemption. I saw he wasn’t just his “bad actions” especially after he began to show his care for his stepmother and sister (who were afraid of him) and most of all, he protected and almost sacrificed his life for them.:wub:  I mentioned the rich kid of the lawyer in Class of Lies previously. I thought that he was also a thoroughly bad apple but the writer did something there that a lot forget to do. They humanized him. There were many moments that showed the kid was vulnerable and was repulsed by by the criminal actions of adults and even a good friend. By the end of the show it wasn’t a surprise that he could genuinely apologize to the people he wronged.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, nimon said:

is it just me or the latest episodes (13&14) kinda felt a little off?? SHDHD idk i just have this kind of feeling that it wasnt as satisfying as the past episodes but thats completely fine

No you're not. I felt that too. I also agree with @Nymeria289 that the editing is all over the place. There's this slight disappointment in me but i've become invested in the characters and actors of this drama (especially KHY) way too deep that i willingly choose to overlook the flaws. Here's hoping they wrap everything well so i can remember and rewatch this drama again fondly.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

sent you a message. Probably best to discuss there. :)

@nrllee I hope you are not put off of posting to this thread about BK.  I do have some negative feelings about BK to present based upon his actions and what he has said in the shadow.  However, I don't judge him when on stage since it is not fair to judge him on what he does or says in stage since the players don't have any control.  That said, I do hope for his eventual turn around.  Having worked as a social worker and a child abuse investigator for a number of years, I have seen my fair share of familial disfunction.  I have also seen children coming out of abusive situations eventually turn their life around and on more rare occasions abusive parents.  Like you have tried to express in your posts, BK is a very complex character and there are in fact explanations as to why his behavior is as it has been up to this point.  My experience has been that the time when real change occurs within a person is when they no longer see themselves as just the sum of their circumstances.  I am beginning to think that this is perhaps the point of this entire series.  Each aware character in their own way is asking the same questions:

• Is this all that I am?
  • can I change who I am to the better despite my circumstances?
  • can I find happiness even in my existing circumstances?

I think director-nim and writer-nim are asking us to look into our own lives and ask these same questions.

Please continue to support BK in the series and promote his cause.  I find him interesting and in the end we should at least be hoping for his eventual turn around.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1