Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

LOL. So this drama starts with a parody of Boys Over Flowers? Too hilarious. The A3 boys are just as cute as the F4 boys were. Plus I like the determination and spunk of Dan Oh to not have her role dictated to her, even if she is a manwha character. It seems to be exploring some themes from W as well in terms of what is real and what is fiction, and how to go about claiming back free will. Anyway, cute start. 

You forgot A3 has better HAIR than F4 of BOF:P Who could forget Lee Min Ho's dreadful cauliflower hair LoL?!!??:lol: And yes to Goong - ALWAYS:D

Other than W, I'm gettin' Pleasantville vibes too. Dan Oh had some nifty dance moves ha-ha.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I hope you won't forget There are Lee Min Ho fans:ph34r::smirk: And this is not Bof threat

MTVkOTg5ZGMxMGJkZjY.gif

• Like 2

@leeminhosny

As long as the topic stays on topic it's legitimate to discuss the obvious parody of BoF. And nobody here is saying anything bad about LMH. So all is good. No reason to stir up conflict.

Thank you.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

You forgot A3 has better HAIR than F4 of BOF:P Who could forget Lee Min Ho's dreadful cauliflower hair LoL?!!??:lol: And yes to Goong - ALWAYS:D

Other than W, I'm gettin' Pleasantville vibes too. Dan Oh had some nifty dance moves ha-ha.

Cauliflower hair! :lol:

Ooh, definitely Pleasantville vibes as well, though that kind of turned a bit darker through the middle of the movie as well.

Anyway, I do hope that this keeps being refreshing and funny. I'm still not in the mood for a heavy drama. Actually, between this drama, Melting Me Softly, and When the Camellia Blooms, I guess I'm looking for comedies more than anything right now.

@Jillia, yes, it's been ages since we shared a thread. Well, actually, we started a couple of dramas together, but either you or me or both of us would drop the drama, so hopefully, we'll both stay with this one. It's always fun to share a thread with you! :)

• Like 5

@stroppyse @Latte_Anyday

I'm getting the Pleasantville vibes as well. Also Pleasantville had the existential questions as well but also was - at least to me - very dark from the beginning. Due to the overall look of the movie.

I could live with this drama being solely a good school drama with fantasy elements and a lot of cuteness. No need for darkness and angst.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

I could live with this drama being solely a good school drama with fantasy elements and a lot of cuteness. No need for darkness and angst.

I fervently second that! :D

I'm really looking forward to the next episode. I'm curious as to how HR affects DO. I know the premise is ridiculous, but I'm rooting so hard for DO to be able to change her role and her fate. Though, really, I've heard of authors who insist that their characters will tell them what to write or how they want to be, so perhaps DO is a manifestation of that, so that DO will ultimately get the writer to spin her off on a manhwa of her own where she is the lead?

I can see Baek Kyung becoming more and more confused as DO refuses to act according to her "character" unless she has to. It was a great line when DO says to BK that she had wondered if he had ever been capable of saying anything nice, but then she realized that he had no choice in the matter. :lol: The meta on metas for this drama are seriously hilarious.

• Like 5

Loved this!

How many young actresses can carry two episodes single handedly? Answer: KHY

• Like 5

To those who read the webtoon, can you give me spoilers?

I'm also curious about HaRu and JinMiChe.

I read somewhere that JinMiche is the real manhwa creator? What's his reason? 

Who is HaRu really?

What's that hole? Is that the real universe? :open_mouth:

• Like 2

If someone told me two weeks ago that I’d be obsessing over a high school kdrama I would tell them they are crazy but here I am irrevocably in love with Extra(-)ordinary You. I guess it must have been a love at first sight ;-) 

inQVCWk.jpg

It’s been an eternity since I loved a high school drama. To me, most of them are boring because I’ve already seen those tropes million times over and a drama needs a truly extraordinary execution to sell them to me. It’s funny because high school dramas are usually the ones you begin with when starting to watch Asian shows and you think how awesome they are; however, after some time they start to bore you because they rarely bring anything new to the table. It’s the result of watching too many dramas for too many years. And Extraordinary You is exactly fashioned for people like that - people who know every trope in the book and get all the references and puns making fun of the stereo(typical) plot of romantic dramas.

qBbTX0Q.jpg

The show is an epic package of brilliant meta, gripping storytelling, top-notch editing, inspired directing, perfect music and amazing acting. Ironically, it’s based on a webtoon July Found by Chance which I refuse to read because after a long time I have only a very vague idea where the story is going and I want to keep it that way (OK, I admit I read the chapters which coincide with the first two episodes and I prefer the drama version and find it superior, anyway). And on top all of that there is the female extra Eun Dan Oh who just might be one of the best high school female leads I have ever seen, perfectly portrayed Kim Hye Yoon. She is basically a walking meme and each of her reaction is a mood. To sum it all up in one word, the show is simply EXTRAORDINARY.

phDNAcy.jpg

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

Hi. Im enjoying this show right now.. watch it because of lee jae wook aka baek kyung:wub:

Anyone can explain their character name meaning? Ik just only know that oh nam joo name is similar to male lead in english

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, uglypearl said:

To those who read the webtoon, can you give me spoilers?

I'm also curious about HaRu and JinMiChe.

I read somewhere that JinMiche is the real manhwa creator? What's his reason? 

Who is HaRu really?

What's that hole? Is that the real universe? 

Spoiler

No, he isn't the writer of the comic. He does have a backstory, that's way he seems know everything.

And for Haru, for comic secret, he's just Dan Oh's classmate, number 13.

But actually the truth about them is connected with the ending. And it's just I want to say hehe

The fact is beyond imagination. I really respect the original writer for the idea lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, Peach said:
  Hide contents

No, he isn't the writer of the comic. He does have a backstory, that's way he seems know everything.

And for Haru, for comic secret, he's just Dan Oh's classmate, number 13.

But actually the truth about them is connected with the ending. And it's just I want to say hehe

The fact is beyond imagination. I really respect the original writer for the idea lol

Thanks For The Clarification.

May I Know What Happened About The Back Story And Ending?

Also About That Hole, Is That A Portal Of Real Universe?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, uglypearl said:

May I Know What Happened?

Spoiler

Actually there isn't 'hole thing' in the webtoon. It's pure from scriptwriter. I believe there are lot addition plot and changes for the drama hehe.

Better just follow the drama storyline. Actually I'm quite regret to read the webtoon before the drama lol. But it's normal to be curious after all. It's your choice to follow the storyline or read the webtoon too.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, uglypearl said:

I read somewhere that JinMiche is the real manhwa creator?

Haha i think i know why we have this rumor. Because his character in his previous drama is a webtoon artist name Godori.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

MTVkOTlmM2JkMzBjNjg.jpg

Of888W.jpg
Spoiler

y1B5TA.jpg

WyxPPb.jpg

WMcHT2.jpg

Spoiler

BcyL86.jpg

dQ7eeA.jpg

ObRzyB.jpg

JPIK6L.jpg

RVaCPd.jpg

7 hours ago, uglypearl said:

Thanks For The Clarification.

May I Know What Happened About The Back Story And Ending?

Rowoon said drama is different from webtoon 

Spoiler

netizen comments :

(+27,0) The life drama ㅠㅠ Eun Dano is so cute.

(+16,0) I think this is can getting interesting and fun than before.

(+12,0) I like stories, characters, and eyes.ㅎㅎ

(+8,0) Yeseoh's acting is as example.

(+1,0) Rowoon is about 2m right?

(0,0) Rowoon is 189cm.

• Thanks 2

Then I laughed so much; when I saw the gang, and saw the handsome boys who populated this drama, I said to myself again a school drama or there will be the same things, the same frames, so I thought not not watching this drama, but when I read the post here in the forum about this drama that talked about fun, laugh, twist, I started.
From the first episode I laughed especially at the end of the first with the twist that is huge and made me laugh so much, and the second episode was even better.
I have not read the webtoon I do not know what will happen, but if she manages to change can she become a main character in this book, will her relationship with others change her?
but I like the fact that she wants to fight for her life, it is a good lesson to give to the young people, she has a problem of heart but she laughs, jumps and has fun.
So, yes all males cast are very very good looking , nice to watch, they will surely become very popular on social networks during the broadcast of this drama. Good actors, I love their acting games these idols work hard.

A big bravo to the main actress she is incredible she is phenomenal, she wears on her little shoulders alone this drama so far despite the presence of many actors in it.   IT's clearly definition of female lead!!!!!!

Currently I would like it to continue like this, i have many hope about the romance, AND can't wai , pleae no cry at half of the drama

• Like 2