Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루

MBC stop telling us fighting . I am heartbroken with this new development!!

-----------------------------------

• Like 12

Kim Hye Yoon's crying....my goodness....her pain felt so real....Baek Kyung...poor guy loves Dan Oh....he couldn't take Dan Oh's complete lack of romantic interest in him well...he was internally struggling the whole episode to contain it....Mi Cae....he knew Haru from flower Manhwa....he slipped up when he said the tsundere Haru is more in character for him...but his sadness for Dan Oh was also evident...he isn't trying to keep them apart...he just knows that this world has its set rules and no character can break free...Deok Hwa truly is  gem....I have a theory about Ju Da....we'll see if it comes true

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Hye Yoon's crying scenes are heartbreaking

And cute too.. cant stand on her bottom lips.. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

Hello Extra Squad!

First time posting on this thread but been stalking here like everyday, lols! It's been like forever since I last posted on a currently airing drama thread.

First off, thank you Captain @Jillia for the constant updates from your thoughts to gorgeous GIFs.  :blush:

If my connection permits, I will try to pitch in later and it would awesome if dongsaeng @jeonghyang can livecap with his gifs as well.

Thankful also for all who shared their thoughts here, it fed my mind with daily dose of EY. 

@briseis I am always a fan of your comments.  My latest fave is (not sure if i got this verbatim) "The most awesome thing that ever awesomed" :wub::wub::wub:

@bebebisous33 @stargazer187 looking forward to your thoughts and maybe @Mau_Cherry can pitch in as well

@Miky88 thanks for the link on the manga and for your thoughts and the chat.

On Haru, I wholeheartedly agree with you @Jillia that he is one smooth operator when he put his mind into it.  I appreciate Rowoon on his acting skills here.  He can be as innocent as a lamb when he's called to be one.  I'd like to also note that he acted on the dot with being the hot and cold Haru.  

TBH, my favorite character so far is Dan Oh.  I love how lively she is.  Despite the situation she is in, she would still want to hang tight to that tiny glimmer of hope.  I love how she lives her life, how she is a good daughter and how in the end it's all about how she only wanted to live her life.  It saddened me so much when Haru treated her like he doesn't know her.  I was miffed when MiChae "brainwashed" that it's all her fault that Haru lost his awareness.  Taking it to heart, DO starts to distance herself from Haru.  Painful to watch.

Aaaah, watching the preview aches my heart.  Not only for DO and HR but BK as well.  He's falling for her... fast.  He can't help it.  Yes he is still a jerk but he is trying now and his previous actions cannot be condoned either. Karmic effect...

I also particularly like the DO-DH besties, as they were both cringing on Haru's green-violet coat as mentioned by @Jillia, I'd like to add that they are both cringing on cheesy gooey romance stuff as well, they look so funny doing such.

Another thing I want to be honest about is NJ and JD storyline... my interest just faded as soon as it started. 

I will try to add more thoughts when time and my work permits.

Thank you  so much Extra Squad.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, briseis said:

Yeah, you, me and most of the kdrama-watching world. So get in line:

LMAO You're making me laugh but also it's so accurate. Don't we all want a piece of Ha Ru. :lol:

@baby.hae

Wait! So you got the impression that Ha Ru is actually aware of everything and is just pretending not to remember in order to protect Dan Oh? That's an interesting theory. I really got the impression that Ha Ru definitely lost his awareness of himself. Yes, there are definitely moments he comes across as weird or like he is hesitating too long when Kyung asks him about the manhwa and whether he knows it or not. And he too conveniently doesn't remember anything that happened in the shadow because that's what happening to character who aren't aware: they forget every conversation and interaction.

I personally think though Ha Ru really doesn't remember his old self but because the Secret writer isn't exactly the best he/she isn't able to erase Ha Ru's old character completely. She just keeps recycling her characters, so it's bound to happen that something is still left inside new Ha Ru which makes him do things he would've only done as old Ha Ru. Hence why - in the shadow - he doesn't throw the ball as hard at Dan Oh as he could.

BUT I have to say though that like Kyung I was confused why Ha Ru was in the school so late in the evening? Then he walks out of school, the stage is over but then we can hear the sound of the stage being put on twice. Was it coming from the hole? Was the stage really on and it was Ha Ru's storyline to find the hole?

So many questions... and hopefully many answers to come. :D

@chubbz

Oh, I totally get that. Like I would side with Kyung if he would found out about the manhwa in this episode and then would be angry because Kyung is simply a character who is frustrated with his life as well and to figure out that everything is just a comic, so a dumb writer created this fate for him... I totally would get him being angry.

BUT the thing is he aware a lot longer now and while I still understand how angry he is, I don't understand how Kyung can just easily tell Dan Oh to just go along with the story. Just because he does, doesn't mean everyone else needs to do the same. Plus he is rebelling in the shadows as well. It's just almost like he is a quitter like Jinmichae.

I liked how Dan Oh told him that her only setup is that she will die soon and she is afraid of that. But she is accepting it now. But that also she feels it's unfair that she only exists for characters like Nam Joo, Joo Da and for him - Kyung. As Eun Dan Oh she rather wants to spend the short time left with something and someone else. I hope Kyung comes to an understanding that just because he does it the way he wants to, doesn't mean he is permitted to get angry at Dan Oh who rebelled against her fate/storyline.

Also... his possessive: you have to stay at my side... that was a big "no" to me. I want happiness for Kyung. He should be free of his abusive father. But Dan Oh is not for him.

Annyeong, @nonski-chingu! :D So happy to see you in this thread. Can we hope to have you discuss this drama here more often now? :wub:

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Hi everyone! :)

Honestly speaking I wasn't THAT looking forward to see this drama but after I watched trailer -  I started to wait for this drama to air and then with 1st episode I totally fell in love with all the characters - especially Dan Oh and Haru :)

I just can't how Haru and Bae Kyung can be this handsome :)

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

Welcome to the thread, @Ayoko xx! :D I hope you enjoy your time in the Extra Squad.

Stills for tonights episode. Like I don't like the whole Joo Da/Nam Joo storyline but I'm here for Joo Da against evil mom.

201910241464036880_1.jpg

• Like 11

6 hours ago, briseis said:

Yeah, you, me and most of the kdrama-watching world. So get in line:

Feet aching now due to standing in line and can't even see Haru from up here.:joy:

8 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Geez, they even haven't reached half yet but the angst is starting so tiresome. Aigoo... how could they make DO always suffers like that, it's so upsetting seeing her crying almost the entire episode

True!  And gosh, this girl can cry like I wanna cry with her, you just can feel her pain.  Think we might expect more?

59 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Annyeong, @nonski-chingu! :D So happy to see you in this thread. Can we hope to have you discuss this drama here more often now? :wub:

Yes chingu, I will to join the convo as much as i can.  TBH, I really loved reading everyone's thoughts as well.

-edit-

i keep replaying the preview for episode 8 and it's giving me a sad vibe.  I thing were headed for angstville this coming episodes but I hope at least we get some good unhurried ending for this drama that I have grown so attached already.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Like his look went right to my heart... Also, he still keeps looking for her - no matter what. *someone hold me* *sobs* But, dear Secret writer, it's not okay to put part of Kyung's personality in new Ha Ru.

8962554a292c7a3183301f58136ea989efbbb0b2

Spoiler

541e88256020910de4c97f8e0737d3c8a4454db8

2d6da3947401e0af338a454b8f4bb04a4ce4d60e

93e3056a08a527d600dcce4be5888bc9d42d87c4

1c8fdfccb4d68ddfeba4eff6bc9731e008c08c12

e698d41be6fdc91d9fe051c953aca59d55d626df

Credit: guseonwon

It's like the writer actually hates Ha Ru and that's why he/she decided to put him in the position of Kyung's loyal fellow. And gives him those lines that Dan Oh is Kyung's fiancé and Kyung should take care of her. Like uri Ha Ru would NEVER say that.

Lee Tae Ri (Italy :P ) posted a video of himself... being super cringy at himself after posing. He is so adorable. :D Plus I remember him as Lee Min Ho times when he was acting alongside with Kim Yoo Jung and Yeo Jin Gu as a "child actor". I enjoy him very much in his role Jinmichae.

• Like 9

Didn't log-in for the past few months.

Aside from Hotel Del Luna and Sky Castle. This drama is one of the best for this year. 

KHY shines in this drama. I knew she can do roles like this when I watched her acting in past dramas especially Sky Castle. Hoping she get more project after this. 

As for Rowoon. I only knew him as a member of SF9 a vocalist. Never knew he can act as well. Especially the differences between Warm and Cold Haru.

For LJW not going to question his acting ability. Since I already saw him from two different roles (Memories of Alahamara and  Search www).

But for Baek Hyung, looks like his character (going to be set-up to be tragic. Not going to get the girl)

As for the other Triangle. They're just boring. It looks like the filler part of the show. JGJ is the only one good there. Maybe due to being him being aware. Hopefully the other 2 (JD and NJ be aware as them selves as well)

Can't wait for the next episode. 

• Like 6

Welcome, @Thunder Mage! :D

Yes, despite my criticism of Kyung, Lee Jae Wook is definitely doing a good job. Just like Kim Hye Yoon and Rowoon. But also the rest of the cast.

Overall this drama has stolen my heart. It's well-written and I hope it stays that way and the way it's filmed is nicely done as well. Definitely looking forward where the drama will take us for the rest of the ride. :D

Btw... I don't think we have enough interactions between Dan Oh and Nam Joo. I know their setup is for Dan Oh to serve Joo Da but still I liked their small scene in this episode. :)

On book notes, this drama is choosing what books the characters are reading very carefully. Dan Oh read the book "Flowing like a River" by Paulo Coelho which is about enjoying the small things in life, Nam Joo is reading one of my favorite Paulo Coelho books "Veronica decides to die" (which is telling the story of a woman who believes to be terminally ill and decides to take her own life, survives and learns to love life again). And the books Ha Ru is carrying for Dan Oh are all about changing your fate, enjoying life and so on. So the core of the drama is mostly for Dan Oh but also for every character in this drama that you should enjoy your life no matter how much is left and that you can still change your fate - even if it seems set in stone. :)

24677188a05250c0ac697d4a7c4fd5133b65b7e8

2457393779ddd4bbf6cbce281aa72c0cf255a0a8

• Like 12
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 3

why do I feel we are in an interlude phase with Haru before he gain totally awareness and can probably find his way back to Dan oh. every fiber of is body is always going back to her, we just need his head to get there. oh boy I am ready for him to sneak is way back into Dan ohs heart! Dan oh don not give up on him just yet! 

• Like 7
  • Love 3

@Jillia I actually thought he was also completely forget everything but the twist at the end. .why he went to school in the middle of night (he had reason but still weird because old Haru also lived in the school). .and just like you said there was a sound of changing stage, he knows it then he went straight to place where he hanging his painting (looks like he already knows the place so well huh?)

It could be he is just pretending that he forget since the begining OR he suddenly remember after he saw the hole and painting, MBC uploaded the last part of the eps with title 'Ro won who remembers everything'.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 4

2 minutes ago, sal2 said:

why do I feel we are in an interlude phase with Haru before he gain totally awareness and can probably find his way back to Dan oh. every fiber of is body is always going back to her, we just need his head to get there. oh boy I am ready for him to sneak is way back into Dan ohs heart! Dan oh don not give up on him just yet! 

Yeah hence why I don't think the drama will drag unaware!Ha Ru for too long. I'm pretty sure they will resolve this today even. :D

Plus I don't think we had this scene, yet? Or am I wrong? Did I miss this scene? And this looks like old Ha Ru?

56490840649cb7304979ebfba45a0147e0dbe189

On another note: this broke my heart. I adore the friendship between Do Hwa and Dan Oh. I love how he came right to her when he found out that Ha Ru disappeared.

1571900629.gif

• Like 15
  • Love 3

15 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Yeah hence why I don't think the drama will drag unaware!Ha Ru for too long. I'm pretty sure they will resolve this today even. :D

Plus I don't think we had this scene, yet? Or am I wrong? Did I miss this scene? And this looks like old Ha Ru?

On another note: this broke my heart. I adore the friendship between Do Hwa and Dan Oh. I love how he came right to her when he found out that Ha Ru disappeared.

And I like that they just friend , no romance included in their relationship . Not a lot of kdramas have just friends relationships between male and female 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 11

@baby.hae

Eeek... I need Ha Ru to remember everything. My heart can only take this much pain we already got.

@mari_mari

Yes, I adore their friendship. Extra Squad BFFs! :D

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

Also... his possessive: you have to stay at my side... that was a big "no" to me. I want happiness for Kyung. He should be free of his abusive father. But Dan Oh is not for him.

He is the one who let her go. He thought DO will always be there swooning and loving him just like the ten years they've spent. He starts feeling of her presence when her heart goes for someone else. I have my sympathy for BK. Because he is just so lonely. He likes DO but he didn't express it to her properly. I like DH better. He knows his mistake right away and he felt guilty of it. BK is lack of empathy because he is growing up without love in his family. I hope he'll find his happiness too, break free from his dad's clutch. Knowing DO on stage is the only one on his side but he pushed her away. I feel sorry for him. At least he can be best friend with DO. 

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

Stills for tonights episode. Like I don't like the whole Joo Da/Nam Joo storyline but I'm here for Joo Da against evil mom.

I'm wondering how will JD react to her. She returned the shoes to NJ telling him that she feels miserable after the Cinderella magic was over means that she has her pride. When the extras has secret book to see what the next scene for them, I'm guessing based of BoF reference, she'll fight back for the evil mom. :lol:

But I hope to see DO-HR scenes more rather than them. Like DO said they're destined to have happy ending after all.

50 minutes ago, Jillia said:

On book notes, this drama is choosing what books the characters are reading very carefully. Dan Oh read the book "Flowing like a River" by Paulo Coelho which is about enjoying the small things in life, Nam Joo is reading one of my favorite Paulo Coelho books "Veronica decides to die" (which is telling the story of a woman who believes to be terminally ill and decides to take her own life, survives and learns to love life again). And the books Ha Ru is carrying for Dan Oh are all about changing your fate, enjoying life and so on. So the core of the drama is mostly for Dan Oh but also for every character in this drama that you should enjoy your life no matter how much is left and that you can still change your fate - even if it seems set in stone. :)

Wow. Now I want to read those books! But not sure they're available on my local bookstore. 

I cried for the scene where DO told JMC that she's afraid of dying. Oh this poor girl, behind all her happy and lively mask, she's desperately wants to live. Such a poignantly moral message they slip in for the viewers out there. 

@nonski annyeong... ~waves~ welcome back. EY is also the one who started pulling me in and join the forum again. Yeah our DO is a happy virus. I'm rooting on her ♡

• Like 11

I'm just living for Kyung to be put in the role of a female lead who gets grabbed by the arm and dragged around by Ha Ru. :lol: Like... Kyung getting his own medicine.

But of course Kyung likes Ha Ru like this best because he is loyal to him and won't do anything to get between him and Dan Oh.

932c3dfefeafa28af434daabf700c3ebbe68b573

938758a458243ea462329141807fe8a851bea394

8c649ae7de3792b6072c774bbce7126e4d1e2d3b

Spoiler

0c2117e0e02485aeb3f0352b67a0973e225844e5

b7a65955c1d250692ceea8b3809283b7b96b5949

6ff6701f07789d0bd8f8f71f534fe9fc4f379050

00161e7b50aa0e6b72bc3d540d0d9b85df5c5fdd

Credit: sseureki

Also, Secret writer is sadistic because he/she gives Ha Ru the task to give Dan Oh a gift from Kyung, a huge lollipop. Like c'mon Secret writer how terrible of a writer are you? Also the way Kyung says he must give Dan Oh sometimes a gift because her time is running short. Ugh...:triumph:

• Like 9
  • Love 2

It's been years since i post something in soompi forum. It took me several times recalling my old password and username in soompi. I even needed to check the last post i made in other thread to make sure i got my username right. All this because i want to share my thoughts on this drama.

Shoutout to everyone in this forum. Thank you for making this thread alive.

I LOVE the scene in front of DO house after BK takes her home (DO explanation on how BK will never understand her desperation to have her own moments). The drama does better job than the manhwa in this part. In the manhwa it's HR who tell BK that DO suffers pain, other than her heart, that BK don't understand.

BK asked DO in the last night episode, what is it that she really want? 
1. To be more than an extra
2. To change her set up for terminal illness in order not to die
3. or Haru

I think this question is really important and may lead to the conclusion of the drama. In other scene with Jinmichae DO said that she enjoyed every moment with HR discussing how to change the story regardless the unknown outcome. Although she is now still affraid of death but somehow i feel like she'll realize in the end that what matters most is when HR is there with her sharing their every moment to the fullest. It is ok to be an extra, it is ok to have terminal illness, but it is not ok if there's no HR.

• Like 11
  • Love 5