Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루

Hey, it's Scarlet's bf of Search:WWW with the girl from Sky Castle:D

It's a cute & breezy drama so far 2 ep. went by like a flash. Dan Oh's monologues are my fave bits of this show ha-ha. No one thinks she's crazy for talking out loud?!:P They fooled me I really thought Nam Joo was into her eheheh. I do think Kyung crushes on her too but is just being a jerk instead:rolleyes: WoW that final reveal with Ro Woon (sighs dreamily~) :love: 

I'm LoL at Dan Oh's observations on familiar tropes i.e. second male lead, love triangles etc.

Why Did You Name Me Dan Oh?! It should've been Love Bridge Instead!

This drama reminds me a lot of other movies/dramas, but also sort of philosophical? How all of us are just actors on a world stage that kind of thing.. and that some of us like Dan Oh fight to be the main characters.

I seriously thought they were referring to paper sizes when they called out A3 HA-HA!! And the actor playin' Nam Joo sort of look like Gang Dong Won a lil.

• Like 5

I too thought A3 was a funny reference to paper sizes. Haru needs to be included and than it will be A4 size to make it magazine worthy!!!

--------------------------------------

--------------------------------

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Amazing start. I like it.

Rowoon should have appeared earlier.

In fact all the characters are interesting.

I like the cliche scenes between NJ and JD. :)

Dan Oh was so happy as she thought she was the female lead. :D 

But, she doesnt give up easily. 

• Like 3

Rowoon is 192 cm and he is tallest idol :lol::wub:

0KCJ7R.jpg

8bMN3U.jpg

1VLb9b.jpg

Spoiler

aO5zAc.jpg

76xK7R.jpg

21yzWG.jpg

V3xALP.jpg

fO5417.jpg

JBGAV2.jpg

KV1MCP.jpg

zPGc82.jpg

HGb5M7.jpg

Rowoon open  IG you can support him -->

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@Jillia

Yea he is! You should watch how he & the actor playin' Kyung love teasing Dan Oh that they can't see her 'cause she's so tiny LoL:lol: She gets them both back though by sayin' I Can't Hear You! What're You Sayin'!? :P:lol:

Interestingly enough Kim Hye Yoon has co starred with 2 members of SF9 - Chani & now, Ro Woon. She didn't get lucky with gettin' the guy in Sky Castle but I hope she's got better luck here:D

• Like 4

I've read the webtoon until Vol 2.  Now I'm curious if they going to change the storyline or stick with the webtoon plot.

Spoiler

In the webtoon, instead of umbrella, Haru (Rowon's character) is getting a paper plane that is stuck on a tall bush (a tree?) for Dan Oh

And will we getting the same backstory for the dried squid guy?

• Like 3

SF9’s Rowoon Thanks Lee Je Hoon For Sending Support To “Extraordinary You” Set

SF9’s Rowoon Thanks Lee Je Hoon For Sending Support To “Extraordinary You” Set

SF9’s Rowoon got a gift from his “Where Stars Land” co-star Lee Je Hoon!

On October 4, Rowoon shared photos on his Instagram of himself on set with a coffee truck sent by the actor. Banners on the truck read, “Rowoon, drink some delicious coffee and have strength. I’m hoping ‘Extraordinary You’ hits it big. From, Lee Je Hoon.”

Rowoon wrote in the caption, “I enjoyed it with gratitude. I’ll have strength and work hard at filming. I love you.”

Rowoon is currently starring in the new drama “Extraordinary You,” which follows a female high school student named Eun Dan Oh (played by Kim Hye Yoon) who comes to the shocking realization that she is actually a character in a manhwa (Korean comic). Eun Dan Oh attempts to defy her predetermined fate in the manhwa by rewriting her own destiny. Rowoon plays the nameless boy “No. 13” who is an extra in the manhwa but finds his life changing when he meets Dan Oh.

cr.soompi

• Like 4

LOL. So this drama starts with a parody of Boys Over Flowers? Too hilarious. The A3 boys are just as cute as the F4 boys were. Plus I like the determination and spunk of Dan Oh to not have her role dictated to her, even if she is a manwha character. It seems to be exploring some themes from W as well in terms of what is real and what is fiction, and how to go about claiming back free will. Anyway, cute start. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

LOL. So this drama starts with a parody of Boys Over Flowers? Too hilarious. The A3 boys are just as cute as the F4 boys were. Plus I like the determination and spunk of Dan Oh to not have her role dictated to her, even if she is a manwha character. It seems to be exploring some themes from W as well in terms of what is real and what is fiction, and how to go about claiming back free will. Anyway, cute start. 

Hahaha.... I knew the beginning looked familiar. Thank you for reminding me, chingu! :D

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Hahaha.... I knew the beginning looked familiar. Thank you for reminding me, chingu! :D

I just hope that this drama is more entertaining than BoF. At the risk of being pilloried for not loving that iconic drama, but I confess that I got a little bored with BoF fairly quickly. I definitely laughed a lot more during these early episodes of this drama! :D 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stroppyse said:

I just hope that this drama is more entertaining than BoF. At the risk of being pilloried for not loving that iconic drama, but I confess that I got a little bored with BoF fairly quickly. I definitely laughed a lot more during these early episodes of this drama! :D 

BoF hasn't aged well either, I rather would watch Goong again which feels well-aged and is still watchable these days. :D

But I agree I hope the drama remains as fresh and funny as it feels right now. I hope the good ideas weren't put in the first two episodes.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jillia said:

BoF hasn't aged well either, I rather would watch Goong again which feels well-aged and is still watchable these days. :D

But I agree I hope the drama remains as fresh and funny as it feels right now. I hope the good ideas weren't put in the first two episodes.

True. Definitely, Goong over BoF. Though Goong has its moments as well. 

I think I read that this was also sourced from a webtoon? That’s the only thing that makes me a bit uneasy about watching this. I haven’t really been too impressed with webtoon adaptations in general. Something about switching mediums maybe?

Anyway, about DO, I have to admit that it was both funny and yet I felt bad for her when she realizes that she’s not the main character, but rather just a relatively minor aupporting character. Her outrage and her damaged sense of self was portrayed really well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stroppyse said:

True. Definitely, Goong over BoF. Though Goong has its moments as well. 

I think I read that this was also sourced from a webtoon? That’s the only thing that makes me a bit uneasy about watching this. I haven’t really been too impressed with webtoon adaptations in general. Something about switching mediums maybe?

Anyway, about DO, I have to admit that it was both funny and yet I felt bad for her when she realizes that she’s not the main character, but rather just a relatively minor aupporting character. Her outrage and her damaged sense of self was portrayed really well.

Yeah I haven't read the webtoon, so I don't know what to expect. But I've read somewhere here it's a lot darker than the drama is so far. I'm not sure how/if this will work out within the drama. I guess the problems with webtoon adaptations is that the writers rarely know how to adapt webtoon material properly for a drama. Sometimes what works well in a webtoon doesn't work well on screen.

I was a bit unsure about Dan Oh tbh. I wasn't sure if the viewers were supposed to like her or not in the beginning because she was acting like a typical popular girl in the beginning who is extremely confident despite her heart condition and the fiance who doesn't like her at all. But then when I found out that she is actually stuck in a comic and she is a character full of clichés it made all sense to me. And I loved her trying to break out of it and even was not very happy when she said all those soppy lines to Baek Kyung when she actually wanted to swear at him and tell him the truth.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Jillia said:

I was a bit unsure about Dan Oh tbh. I wasn't sure if the viewers were supposed to like her or not in the beginning because she was acting like a typical popular girl in the beginning who is extremely confident despite her heart condition and the fiance who doesn't like her at all. But then when I found out that she is actually stuck in a comic and she is a character full of clichés it made all sense to me. And I loved her trying to break out of it and even was not very happy when she said all those soppy lines to Baek Kyung when she actually wanted to swear at him and tell him the truth.

The existential actions and questions that seem to be at the heart of this dram could potentially get very angsty, but I do hope that it doesn’t go completely dark. There are a number of characters that are curious, though, such as the guy who tells  DO that she’s a manhwa character.

Also, I wonder which other characters may develop awareness.

Btw, I wanted to thank you @Jillia. I honestly don’t know if I would have checked this drama out without noticing you mention how funny this drama is. :) I totally agree with your assessment thus far.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

The existential actions and questions that seem to be at the heart of this dram could potentially get very angsty, but I do hope that it doesn’t go completely dark. There are a number of characters that are curious, though, such as the guy who tells  DO that she’s a manhwa character.

Also, I wonder which other characters may develop awareness.

Btw, I wanted to thank you @Jillia. I honestly don’t know if I would have checked this drama out without noticing you mention how funny this drama is. :) I totLly agree with your assessment thus far.

Yes, it definitely has potential to turn a little darker but I don't need a depressing drama. But I'm also wondering if other characters will realize they're part of a comic. I mean the one who could would be Baek Kyung for sure because he already notices something is off about Dan Oh.

Dried Squid Guy is definitely a interesting character. He makes me wonder if the whole plot isn't part of the writer's plan anyways and Dried Squid Guy is just a plot device to make Dan Oh first get know she is part of a comic and then make her doubt herself, only to move the actual plot forward. Because otherwise it wouldn't make sense for the writer to let Dan Oh know she is part of a comic, right? Or he is really just a character outside the comic. Like a moderator who puts Dan Oh and other characters into her place again if they dare to do something that isn't part of the plot.

You're very welcome, @stroppyse. :D We didn't have a drama we talked about together for a long time. So I'm glad you like it so far and let's hope it remains interesting and we can have more discussions.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1