[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

@Jillia

Yea he is! You should watch how he & the actor playin' Kyung love teasing Dan Oh that they can't see her 'cause she's so tiny LoL:lol: She gets them both back though by sayin' I Can't Hear You! What're You Sayin'!? :P:lol:

Interestingly enough Kim Hye Yoon has co starred with 2 members of SF9 - Chani & now, Ro Woon. She didn't get lucky with gettin' the guy in Sky Castle but I hope she's got better luck here:D

• Like 3

I've read the webtoon until Vol 2.  Now I'm curious if they going to change the storyline or stick with the webtoon plot.

Spoiler

In the webtoon, instead of umbrella, Haru (Rowon's character) is getting a paper plane that is stuck on a tall bush (a tree?) for Dan Oh

And will we getting the same backstory for the dried squid guy?

• Like 2

SF9’s Rowoon Thanks Lee Je Hoon For Sending Support To “Extraordinary You” Set

SF9’s Rowoon Thanks Lee Je Hoon For Sending Support To “Extraordinary You” Set

SF9’s Rowoon got a gift from his “Where Stars Land” co-star Lee Je Hoon!

On October 4, Rowoon shared photos on his Instagram of himself on set with a coffee truck sent by the actor. Banners on the truck read, “Rowoon, drink some delicious coffee and have strength. I’m hoping ‘Extraordinary You’ hits it big. From, Lee Je Hoon.”

Rowoon wrote in the caption, “I enjoyed it with gratitude. I’ll have strength and work hard at filming. I love you.”

Rowoon is currently starring in the new drama “Extraordinary You,” which follows a female high school student named Eun Dan Oh (played by Kim Hye Yoon) who comes to the shocking realization that she is actually a character in a manhwa (Korean comic). Eun Dan Oh attempts to defy her predetermined fate in the manhwa by rewriting her own destiny. Rowoon plays the nameless boy “No. 13” who is an extra in the manhwa but finds his life changing when he meets Dan Oh.

cr.soompi

• Like 3

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - Wed & Thu @ 20:55 KST
7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

LOL. So this drama starts with a parody of Boys Over Flowers? Too hilarious. The A3 boys are just as cute as the F4 boys were. Plus I like the determination and spunk of Dan Oh to not have her role dictated to her, even if she is a manwha character. It seems to be exploring some themes from W as well in terms of what is real and what is fiction, and how to go about claiming back free will. Anyway, cute start. 

You forgot A3 has better HAIR than F4 of BOF:P Who could forget Lee Min Ho's dreadful cauliflower hair LoL?!!??:lol: And yes to Goong - ALWAYS:D

Other than W, I'm gettin' Pleasantville vibes too. Dan Oh had some nifty dance moves ha-ha.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

To those who read the webtoon, can you give me spoilers?

I'm also curious about HaRu and JinMiChe.

I read somewhere that JinMiche is the real manhwa creator? What's his reason? 

Who is HaRu really?

What's that hole? Is that the real universe? :open_mouth:

• Like 1

If someone told me two weeks ago that I’d be obsessing over a high school kdrama I would tell them they are crazy but here I am irrevocably in love with Extra(-)ordinary You. I guess it must have been a love at first sight ;-) 

inQVCWk.jpg

It’s been an eternity since I loved a high school drama. To me, most of them are boring because I’ve already seen those tropes million times over and a drama needs a truly extraordinary execution to sell them to me. It’s funny because high school dramas are usually the ones you begin with when starting to watch Asian shows and you think how awesome they are; however, after some time they start to bore you because they rarely bring anything new to the table. It’s the result of watching too many dramas for too many years. And Extraordinary You is exactly fashioned for people like that - people who know every trope in the book and get all the references and puns making fun of the stereo(typical) plot of romantic dramas.

qBbTX0Q.jpg

The show is an epic package of brilliant meta, gripping storytelling, top-notch editing, inspired directing, perfect music and amazing acting. Ironically, it’s based on a webtoon July Found by Chance which I refuse to read because after a long time I have only a very vague idea where the story is going and I want to keep it that way (OK, I admit I read the chapters which coincide with the first two episodes and I prefer the drama version and find it superior, anyway). And on top all of that there is the female extra Eun Dan Oh who just might be one of the best high school female leads I have ever seen, perfectly portrayed Kim Hye Yoon. She is basically a walking meme and each of her reaction is a mood. To sum it all up in one word, the show is simply EXTRAORDINARY.

phDNAcy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

6 hours ago, uglypearl said:

To those who read the webtoon, can you give me spoilers?

I'm also curious about HaRu and JinMiChe.

I read somewhere that JinMiche is the real manhwa creator? What's his reason? 

Who is HaRu really?

What's that hole? Is that the real universe? 

Spoiler

No, he isn't the writer of the comic. He does have a backstory, that's way he seems know everything.

And for Haru, for comic secret, he's just Dan Oh's classmate, number 13.

But actually the truth about them is connected with the ending. And it's just I want to say hehe

The fact is beyond imagination. I really respect the original writer for the idea lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, Peach said:
  Hide contents

No, he isn't the writer of the comic. He does have a backstory, that's way he seems know everything.

And for Haru, for comic secret, he's just Dan Oh's classmate, number 13.

But actually the truth about them is connected with the ending. And it's just I want to say hehe

The fact is beyond imagination. I really respect the original writer for the idea lol

Thanks For The Clarification.

May I Know What Happened About The Back Story And Ending?

Also About That Hole, Is That A Portal Of Real Universe?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, uglypearl said:

May I Know What Happened?

Spoiler

Actually there isn't 'hole thing' in the webtoon. It's pure from scriptwriter. I believe there are lot addition plot and changes for the drama hehe.

Better just follow the drama storyline. Actually I'm quite regret to read the webtoon before the drama lol. But it's normal to be curious after all. It's your choice to follow the storyline or read the webtoon too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, uglypearl said:

I read somewhere that JinMiche is the real manhwa creator?

Haha i think i know why we have this rumor. Because his character in his previous drama is a webtoon artist name Godori.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

MTVkOTlmM2JkMzBjNjg.jpg

Of888W.jpg
Spoiler

y1B5TA.jpg

WyxPPb.jpg

WMcHT2.jpg

Spoiler

BcyL86.jpg

dQ7eeA.jpg

ObRzyB.jpg

JPIK6L.jpg

RVaCPd.jpg

7 hours ago, uglypearl said:

Thanks For The Clarification.

May I Know What Happened About The Back Story And Ending?

Rowoon said drama is different from webtoon 

Spoiler

netizen comments :

(+27,0) The life drama ㅠㅠ Eun Dano is so cute.

(+16,0) I think this is can getting interesting and fun than before.

(+12,0) I like stories, characters, and eyes.ㅎㅎ

(+8,0) Yeseoh's acting is as example.

(+1,0) Rowoon is about 2m right?

(0,0) Rowoon is 189cm.

• Thanks 2