[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

this got nothing to do with the plot but I find the editing funny.

At the start of today's episode, we saw BK coming back to the hospital room & found that DO has already left. He was wearing ordinary clothes then. The next scene, we see DO running toward the school looking for HR when she end up at the Library looking for the Manhwa, Then BK appear asking DO if she's looking for the manhwa, Funny thing is, BK has the time to change back to his school uniform while DO was still in her hospital clothes and soaking wet... 

I guess Kdrama are similar with any drama from every where in these world. The production keep forgetting the continuous scene 1 after the other. 

Its not a big deal but I m amused that these sort of thing still happen with modern technology

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

OMG, the latest episode is sooo good. Anyway, too bad for Baek Kyung now, since Haru is back, his chance to capture Dan Oh's heart (in shadow) is getting slimmer..

That last scene where Haru hug Dan Oh, oihhhh the feels~~~ For me, Lim Hyunsik's Rendezvous really describe Haru+Dan Oh's situation in ep 8. The song I put in spoiler :)

Spoiler

• Like 8

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here. After watching the first episode, I'm hooked with this drama and can't wait to see how the story unfolds.

I found the characters introduction on MBC website and I have goosebumps when reading Haru and JooDa's description. I feel that I must share this with you guys! 

To summarize, Haru met DO in a different book, and killed her because he couldn't fight against the writer.:bawling:

About JD, she will develop the ego soon and I think that she did already in today's episode. It shows when she smirked at Saemi after NJ scolded Saemi for bullying JD. After she develops her ego, she believes that the cartoon world should revolve around her, and she isn't tolerant of anyone who messes up with the story-line which she has to be the one and only heroine of the cartoon “Secret”. :fearful:

The link is here if anyone wants to read more http://content.mbc.co.kr/program/drama/3451760_64285.html

What if JD is the real villain in this cartoon? :astonished:

Now we have to wait for 5 days! Sigh!

"

• Like 6
  • Insightful 4

I am curious  about what really happened to Haru.   If you notice,  at the ending scene,  Haru's palm looks like it was recently cut, whereas before,  it was completely healed and we can only see the mark of the cut.  

Beautiful ending! 

• Like 8

Do you believe that if Haru take more importance in the manhwa BK can be pushed back or even disappear ? It’s seems too big but at the same time the drama is unpredictable. 

I am hoping now DO will be happier. I love her to death. She is my favorite character but she was so down (with good reasons). 

I need her, DH and Haru to have more funny/friendship moments. 

Someone ( sorry i am going to tag later after i find the post) on this forum told some characters were weird. It’s so true and unsettling. Especially JD’s smile (I don’t know if it was revenge toward Saemi or something else but ugh it’s so frustrating)

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Yes, I noticed the wound and I'm curious about that as well. Maybe everytime he becomes aware the scar/wound would reappear like it's a fresh wound. When he became aware first he was already - at least I guess - a character walking around in the Secret manhwa without any purpose. And the writer just put him there. But now... if he became aware on his own the wound might appear just like that and be fresh.

...or perhaps he cut himself in order to become self-aware.  Maybe after hearing Dan-Oh speak about the scar missing from his hand, he thought about it and cut his hand to see if that would make himself aware.  Maybe he has had to do that in his other iterations and realizes that the cut is what makes him aware of his comic situation.  Wouldn't it be weird if he and Dan-Oh have been recycled in multiple comic storylines, always seeking each other out to come together in love each time.  The cut on his hand is how he starts the process each time.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

20 minutes ago, larrysouth said:

...or perhaps he cut himself in order to become self-aware.  Maybe after hearing Dan-Oh speak about the scar missing from his hand, he thought about it and cut his hand to see if that would make himself aware.  Maybe he has had to do that in his other iterations and realizes that the cut is what makes him aware of his comic situation.  Wouldn't it be weird if he and Dan-Oh have been recycled in multiple comic storylines, always seeking each other out to come together in love each time.  The cut on his hand is how he starts the process each time.

I think that scar is more symbolical then anything, it signifies their painful history.

As for Ju Da, she is candiest of candies out there so if she turns out to be a manipulative richard simmons in shadow, I will love it.

• Like 6
  • Naughty 3
  • Thanks 1

Just watched it with subs, what an amazing episode!! :wub: Cold Haru was cool but sweet Haru is the best haha, i'm glad he is back. In this episode i liked a little focus on Juda, i love how this show makes me see many sides of every character and i keep rooting for all the couples haha, i just can't decide who is perfect for each other except Danoh and Haru, but i admit Kyung is tough second lead because  when he is kind, he is so shippable too haha. But anyway, back to Juda, i liked that she looked for Dohwa when she felt down. I thought she and Namjoo had great chemistry but now i think Dohwa is better haha, i'm so confused...because i like Namjoo too! This series has my shipping mode out of control :crazy: I remember her character chart portrayed the real Juda as someone quite different than candy girl but i think she is the sweetest and herself when she is with Dohwa, well i might change my mind next week haha. Loved the flashbacks as well, everything is just so gorgeous. 

• Like 7

I think Juda did not like one bit when Dohwa just said "Oh Hi! Juda!" and went back to hanging out with those two girls by the window. I think she felt a bit upset that he did not come running to her immediately.

Also that smirk she had towards Saemi when Namjoo grabbed her was a bit unsettling. Maybe she will start acting like a diva and start saying , I'm the heroine of this story and no one is going to stop me. I am saying all these based on the banter in this forum , also I've read that translated character details someone posted in this forum.

Well but this show's name ends with Haru . So at the end of the day Danoh will have Haru by her side, one day and all days to come!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, cherryblossomkawai said:

Do you believe that if Haru take more importance in the manhwa BK can be pushed back or even disappear ? It’s seems too big but at the same time the drama is unpredictable. 

I am hoping now DO will be happier. I love her to death. She is my favorite character but she was so down (with good reasons). 

I need her, DH and Haru to have more funny/friendship moments. 

Someone ( sorry i am going to tag later after i find the post) on this forum told some characters were weird. It’s so true and unsettling. Especially JD’s smile (I don’t know if it was revenge toward Saemi or something else but ugh it’s so frustrating)

so in today's episode they clearly showed us that JD has has awakened..

the scene with mom in law at school regarding her shoes..

notice, when SM appears and mom in law talking to SM, the camera angle at JD.. is exactly same as what drama has been showing for other awakened characters since last 2 episodes.. - the character is in focus, there is a hazy shell around.. and everything else seems in far background - they used the effect on DO, DH, BK.. so many times.. before throwin in JD

so ya.. we are sure she has regained her conscious 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 5

Oh my! Oh my! I am LOVING the Juda development. I had goosebumps when she smiled like that Mwahahahahahaha

Right now she's sweet but plain, and that's not entertaining. However if she becomes BAAAD in the future, when she becomes aware, THAT WOULD BE THE BEST THING EVER. Imagine her plotting in the shadow...imagine her cursing at the writer internally while acting all sweet on stage, that would be so good to see omg!!! She would probably hate the fact that she is a damsel in destress, poor, being bullied all the time, having her life revolve around a romance with a rich guy who's mother belittles her... but then, she also would become aware of the fact that she is the heroine and that she is bound to have a happy ending...which will maybe make her BAD but in another way. As JessicaNguyen pointed out, Juda will start te develop an ego and it show when she got bothered in the shadow when DoHwa didn't paying as much attention to her as before. Also and more importantly, she would not tolerate anybody meddling with the plot as it might ruin her chances of getting her happy ending. That could make her a threat to DanOh and Haru's well being...and given how man episodes we have left, there is definitely room for more angst. This is a rare case of a truly unpredictable drama. I love it!

• Like 7

The director is doing such a great job sprinkling in the pieces showing Juda's growing awareness. On top of the covert looks, the minuscule facial expressions, the side comments... In that scene where she was sitting in the hospital, looking at her phone and thinking about reaching out to Dohwa, the clock was moving backwards.

giphy.gif

I'm seriously loving the consistency with this show when they do reveals about the world and then follow up with it in other scenes. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 7
  • Thanks 1