Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루

Wow Korean fans are even more observant. I mean I know they notice things some international viewers don't but still... The whole legend and the pendant. It's so interesting. Looking forward to see if this actually happens to be the "secret" in the drama aka manhwa. See what I did there? :P

Also, Ha Ru definitely is aware of being in a manhwa longer than Dan Oh and he has been drawing Dan Oh before Dan Oh became aware. I think there is a short scene/cut to Ha Ru (back then mysterious guy) who keeps drawing in the library. So yeah, he drew Dan Oh longer before he actually met Dan Oh.

Except, maybe he met Dan Oh before but she couldn't remember. :D

• Like 10

I hope Dan Oh and Baek Kyung don't get engaged :grimace: Poor Haru is going to try to stop them but from the still it doesn't look good...

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, nateko said:

I hope Dan Oh and Baek Kyung don't get engaged :grimace: Poor Haru is going to try to stop them but from the still it doesn't look good...

Yeah I thought the preview sounded too good to be true for the engagement to be over but in the end maybe the writer wants things to set back into place. Or maybe Jinmichae got his hands in it. Because something is off about him. He is not happy with an extra becoming so important - especially getting a name and suddenly even playing a bigger role on stage. So he would do something to set things back. I'm pretty sure he got something to do with Dan Oh's mother disappearing from the story.

• Like 7

Papago trans says: 'Cause we're real....!'
Who wants to have  an eye contact with Haru?
It's me. It's me.

Feat. Cute Danoh

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 5

@angelbeast90

I loved that scene because it was Ha Ru's way of telling Dan Oh: I know we're supposedly not real but actually when this mannequin is fake than we're real persons. :wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, nateko said:

The jawline and cut is so sharp...like how ahhaa. A legit real life manhwa hahaha
Love the overall styling in this show. Like each character's fashion and styling really suits

• Like 2
  • Love 3

@Jillia I loved that scene too and the way Dan Oh calmed down immediately after he said it :wub: These two are killing me. I wonder what made Haru become so proactive? from the preview it seems like he'll get very much involved with Dan Oh life. Guess he could take how Baek Kyung was mistreating Dan Oh any longer. 

• Like 6
  • Love 4

@nateko

He is definitely rushing to that party in order to stop something (the engagement?). Like I can't take Kyung's behavior anymore. It's time to stop it now! Plus looking forward to cute but also angry Ha Ru. :wub:

• Like 8

New to this thread as I only been watching this series starting two days ago.  Can I just say that this story caught my heart in the first few minutes of the episode.  Here is what I have liked so far:

• It is such a refreshing storyline where the characters realize they are in a comic
  • I found EDO's reaction to finding out that she was just a support character totally hilarious
  • I can easily identify with her frustration when her most desired moments get cut in favor of the stage scenes
  • Also I can identify with her frustration of not being able to have her own desired impact on the story as no one remembers anything not part of the stage unless they become self aware
  • EDO's heart rate going up so high every time she encounters HR.  It goes anywhere from 113-120, which is like someone running full speed.
  • I love the way EDO speaks.  She speaks so quickly, that I get winded just listening to her but it is amazing how she does it seemingly effortlessly.  Some have complained that it is overly Aigoo, but I have not found it to be so.  It is like the writers want to demonstrate how active her mind is operating and working to solve her dilemma.
  • EDO's reaction to seeing HR's abs during the night hike caused me to spit out my soda pop.  I have not laughed that hard in at least a month.

I can't wait for the next episodes to come out.  I echo the sentiments of many posters that I now lemant having started this series so early.  I should have waited until all of the episodes came out so I would not be depressed waiting for the next installment of Extraordinary You.

One thing I would like to comment on that I am sure has been mentioned ad nauseum not only for this KDrama but KDramas in general but causes me some concern.  The whole concept of the guy grabbing the girl by the wrist and dragging her away from the situation at hand, is this a generally accepted practice of behavior in Korea?  In the United States I know this type of action would generally be frowned upon since it seems like it would be demeaning to the woman.  I know if I had ever tried a stunt like that with my wife when we first started dating, she would have slugged me.  However, it seems so common in KDramas that I get the impression it is an accepted part of Korean culture.  Please enlighten me on this practice.  Thank you.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, larrysouth said:

However, it seems so common in KDramas that I get the impression it is an accepted part of Korean culture.  Please enlighten me on this practice.  Thank you.

Indeed, you can find this kind of scene in almost every K-drama. At first I thought that it's just an over exaggeration but I went to South Korea this year and witnessed it first hand. Guys and girls drag each other by the arm all of the time (well mostly young adults, I'd say it's much less common for people 35+). :D

• LOL 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

But geez... who gave Ha Ru THAT jacket? :lol: I can't with this green purple flower jacket. Although I wonder if he is trying to get to Dan Oh. It's a manhwa and manhwas are full of clichés and tropes. :P

832e78e5-c4b2-4216-b103-037d37d19ae0.jpg

Credit: MBC

• Like 5