Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루

Just now, anony12345 said:

Want to watch this but is it setting up to be one of those love triangle heavy shows?

It's pretty safe to say it's not a love triangle show. It looks like it but it's not.

• Like 4

SF9’s Rowoon Makes Hearts Flutter With His Mere Presence In “Extraordinary You”

SF9’s Rowoon Makes Hearts Flutter With His Mere Presence In “Extraordinary You”

SF9’s Rowoon is charming viewers with his role as Ha Roo (also known as “No. 13”) in “Extraordinary You”!

The MBC drama tells the story of a high school student named Eun Dan Oh (Kim Hye Yoon) who discovers that she is a character in a manhwa (Korean comic). When she meets a nameless extra in the story (SF9’s Rowoon), she decides to go against her predetermined fate and find true love.

Rowoon made his official first appearance in the drama during the fourth episode, which was dubbed one of the most powerful male lead “entrances” in drama history. With his lofty height and good looks that make it seem as if he really stepped out of a manhwa, Rowoon has amplified the anticipation towards the drama with how well he suits his character.

Spoiler

Spoiler

The subtle changes in Ha Roo’s emotions have also stimulated curiosity and excitement among viewers. At first, he treated Eun Dan Oh with expressionless silence, but he gradually started to warm up to her. In addition to being caught smiling in the most recent episodes, at the end of episode eight, Ha Roo told Eun Dan Oh’s fiancé Baek Kyung (Lee Jae Wook), “Even if you say it, you won’t remember it. Since the scene will change soon,” making viewers explode with curiosity, since it seemed like he knew the secrets of the manhwa world.

Despite his belated appearance, Rowoon is adding interest to the plot development by imprinting a strong presence in the drama. Viewers are anticipating the romance that he will create with Kim Hye Yoon’s character amidst the love triangle with Lee Jae Wook’s character.

sf9-rowoon2.jpg

CR:soompi

• Like 7

I just can't with Kim Hye Yoon being so small and Rowoon and Kim Jae Wook being so tall. :lol:

tumblr_pzbni28tFj1xe2ihho1_400.gifvtumblr_pzbni28tFj1xe2ihho2_400.gifv

tumblr_pzbni28tFj1xe2ihho4_400.gifvtumblr_pzbni28tFj1xe2ihho3_400.gifv

Spoiler

tumblr_pzbni28tFj1xe2ihho5_400.gifvtumblr_pzbni28tFj1xe2ihho6_400.gifv

Credit: Chaeunwoo

Like Rowoon and Lee Jae Wook being like: Huh? Is somebody standing inbetween us?

:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

This the first drama with Kim Hye Yoon I'm watching but definitely not the last she is really good. Plus I love how she is making fun of all the cheesy writing. :lol:

tumblr_pzbr9zloqQ1s3irc6o6_400.gifvtumblr_pzbr9zloqQ1s3irc6o8_400.gifv

Spoiler

tumblr_pzbr9zloqQ1s3irc6o7_400.gifvtumblr_pzbr9zloqQ1s3irc6o1_400.gifv

tumblr_pzbr9zloqQ1s3irc6o2_400.gifvtumblr_pzbr9zloqQ1s3irc6o4_400.gifv

tumblr_pzbr9zloqQ1s3irc6o3_400.gifvtumblr_pzbr9zloqQ1s3irc6o5_400.gifv

Credit: mufalo

• Like 4
  • LOL 9

It must be so weird for Ha Ru to be suddenly noticed by the girl he has been drawing all the time. :lol:

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

You know, I was wondering this: Haru draws so well, so what if he had been the writer of the historical webtoon of which Jinmichae was originally a part of? And the way he keeps drawing Dan Oh.... What if Dan Oh was a character he himself created and then fell in love with. He tried to make her real, but Jinmichae messed it up, and the present situation arose....

What do you guys think?

10 hours ago, Jillia said:

It must be so weird for Ha Ru to be suddenly noticed by the girl he has been drawing all the time. :lol:

Awwww

Dear old Won-Won:lol:

• Like 4

@leeminhosny OMG, look at that first picture, Haru finally got a proper name tag with his newfound name .That's so sweet. :flushed:

• Like 7

I wonder if it's possible to change Dan Oh's fate. Since Haru is so good at drawing maybe the way to change their fate is for Haru to draw the missing scenes in the blank pages of the Secret manhwa? I mean there must be a reason why a copy of the original manhwa exists in the manhwa world itself, right? 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, nateko said:

I wonder if it's possible to change Dan Oh's fate. Since Haru is so good at drawing maybe the way to change their fate is for Haru to draw the missing scenes in the blank pages of the Secret manhwa? I mean there must be a reason why a copy of the original manhwa exists in the manhwa world itself, right? 

Which is another thing I'm curious about. :D Because how did the manhwa get there if the writer doesn't want things to change? I'm kind of torn because:

Spoiler

I desperately want a sageuk part in this story. I LOVE sageuks and I would love the reincarnation story. At the same time... it would be so unfair if Dan Oh had to die and be reborn in another story to be with Ha Ru.

So I guess your theory could be valid. On the other hand, Kyung saying "it's not like you're going to die" almost sounds like he KNOWS she won't die or it's the typical we just say it so she will die.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Which is another thing I'm curious about. :D Because how did the manhwa get there if the writer doesn't want things to change? I'm kind of torn because:

Reveal hidden contents

I desperately want a sageuk part in this story. I LOVE sageuks and I would love the reincarnation story. At the same time... it would be so unfair if Dan Oh had to die and be reborn in another story to be with Ha Ru.

So I guess your theory could be valid. On the other hand, Kyung saying "it's not like you're going to die" almost sounds like he KNOWS she won't die or it's the typical we just say it so she will die.

About your spoiler part, I actually think that while in the original webtoon

Spoiler

Dan Oh dies and then gets reincarnated 'backwards' (how does one reincarnate in from the future into the past, btw?) in a sageuk manhwa the drama directors changed it to be the opposite - Dan Oh and Haru already were characters in a sageuk manhwa that probably ended badly and Dan Oh got reincarnated into this modern world manhwa. But then there's the question about how Haru got here in the first place. 

I'm regretting watching this drama live because it drives me crazy. :lol: I guess you can recognise a good drama by how much it makes you obsess over it... I'm screwed till wednesday... :skull: And the amount of eye candy makes me want to become an extra in the manhwa just so I can stare at everyone without any time constraint. :joy: 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, nateko said:

About your spoiler part, I actually think that while in the original webtoon

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

I'm regretting watching this drama live because it drives me crazy. :lol: I guess you can recognise a good drama by how much it makes you obsess over it... I'm screwed till wednesday... :skull: And the amount of eye candy makes me want to become an extra in the manhwa just so I can stare at everyone without any time constraint. :joy: 

But you're probably right with your theory.

Spoiler

But...but... I want them in sageuk attire. :lol: The struggle on my part is real. LMAO

So true though. There is a lot to discuss on and only 2 (aka 4 episodes) each week. Can we not have like an episode everyday? :wub:B)

• Like 5

Reveal hidden contents

But...but... I want them in sageuk attire. :lol: The struggle on my part is real. LMAO

Spoiler

Maybe we'll see them in a sageuk attire in a flashback, for Jinmichae at the very least. 

11 minutes ago, Jillia said:

So true though. There is a lot to discuss on and only 2 (aka 4 episodes) each week. Can we not have like an episode everyday? :wub:B)

My only saving grace are all those wonderful fan vids floating around on YouTube. :lol: and you guys, of course. Otherwise I'd go crazy. 

• Like 3

I wanted to see the BTS of this and it's here!!!

Also why am I suspecting MBC Drama SNS admin is shipping these two!!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:
Also why am I suspecting MBC Drama SNS admin is shipping these two!!

I can understand him/her :D If it wasn't for Haru I would've shipped them too, very tempted to do it actually :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1