Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루

Is this the doctor though who owns all these flamboyant jackets? :lol:

@baby.hae

Spoiler

Why was BK removing the oxygen mask from Danoh? Is his motive to kill off her shadow self since otherwise she’s protected by plot armor? She cannot really die onstage unless the onstage story says so.

@Jillia, I didn’t watch the episode yesterday as yet but someone mentioned that an aware character can lose their memories in the shadow through death like Haru and Jinmichae’s ex-flame.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Kyung is unstable and definitely emotionally not mature enough to have a relationship. As Ha Ru told him, he need to fix himself. Meaning he needs therapy. It's not Dan Oh's task to fix him and it's not romantic to disregard her feelings and wishes or to tell she is the only one left in his life who is real. Like NO, Kyung move on and do something different with you life instead of making to everyone and anyone how miserable you're.

OK, now let's contrast this with another scene in episode 26:

Spoiler

About minute 26, Dan-Oh and Ha-Ru are sitting outside the school talking about the surgery and whether or not Ha-Ru should change the stage.  He gently takes her hand and says, "Tell me what you want."

The difference between someone able to have a mature relationship versus someone who cannot.  When someone is constantly searching out ways to please you, interested in your thoughts, and genuinely wants to make you happy, that means they are vested in you and cherish you.  If someone act like this to you, latch onto them and never let them go.  That's a keeper.

• Like 14
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, larrysouth said:

OK, now let's contrast this with another scene in episode 26:

Hide contents

About minute 26, Dan-Oh and Ha-Ru are sitting outside the school talking about the surgery and whether or not Ha-Ru should change the stage.  He gently takes her hand and says, "Tell me what you want."

The difference between someone able to have a mature relationship versus someone who cannot.  When someone is constantly searching out ways to please you, interested in your thoughts, and genuinely wants to make you happy, that means they are vested in you and cherish you.  If someone act like this to you, latch onto them and never let them go.  That's a keeper.

Exactly!

You know there are certainly people who would take the scene in which Ha Ru tells Dan Oh he must change the stage because he can't lose her, he can't live without her, as something to criticize Ha Ru or compare him to Kyung. But that's just who Ha Ru is. He is very open about how he feels and then we have the scene right afterwards with Ha Ru asking Dan Oh to tell him what she wants, what she wishes for. It showed he would follow her wishes and not disregard them like Kyung does.

How can a man believe a woman will return those feelings when he tells he doesn't care about her real feelings? It's beyond me. I think the episode was actually really good. A lot of people think it's a filler and certainly the drama was trying to check certain character arcs. But it was again showing the big difference between Ha Ru and Kyung. But also showed how Dan Oh was dealing with her possible death. She is laughing on the outside but is just as worried and scared as Ha Ru is. Yet she tells everyone to smile but as soon as she believes to be alone she is voicing her true wish: she wants to live. It's such a simple yet important wish.

• Like 7
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

I think Kyung still has a shot at redemption...things went back to the way he wished them to be but deep down he knows its not authentic...he could reunite Danoh Haru...I think that could be one possible way to redeem him

• Like 8

I think:

Spoiler

We don't need to worry about Dan Oh losing her awareness. I guess they're going to mirror certain moments from back then when Ha Ru became a blank character again. And I'm actually looking forward to it. I guess I like a little angst before the happy ending comes. :) I wonder though how the writer (drama) will resolve everything in 2 hours. I want this drama to end on a note we can say it's well done from beginning to end with minor flaws.

42576225f64df57c6eed73bac924471001c8bec5

• Like 14

After tonight episode..the war between both team (haru and baekyung) get more complicated (from what i see in twitter and IG) :huh:

lets just enjoy this drama till the end (hope for a happy ending) 

• Like 10

29 minutes ago, NloveMH said:

After tonight episode..the war between both team (haru and baekyung) get more complicated (from what i see in twitter and IG) :huh:

lets just enjoy this drama till the end (hope for a happy ending) 

You know these are fictional characters....I felt weird seeing how serious people got over it....and then I saw Trevor Noah's interview with Anna Kendrick and they were duscussing how social media always reacts with equal intensity to everything be it something trivial or something really terrible...and that made me laugh....

A little thing to cheer everyone up here...

Credit: to owner

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Do Hwa gave Ha Ru clothes from his brother and he is wearing another flamboyant jacket again. :lol:

Am I really the only one who LOVES these jackets? I want them. I would wear them every single day (changing at lunch time). They go with everything! Jeans, skirts, dresses, shorts... I could wear them out with the girls for drinks, or to work, or to a fancy date... I mean literally the most versatile thing in a wardrobe (after an LBD) is a flamboyant jacket... :wub:

And I've watched without subs and tje'ogij  a4tjosgjaarag rmamkger I need subs but I also don't want to relive... but I want to... :(

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I was thinking about the mirror scenes in yesterday's episode and that many thought it was ridiculous and unnecessary. And I think on the first look that it's true. It was ridiculous. But when you think about it we got many mirror moments in that episode. With Dan Oh as well. If you look into a mirror you can see yourself, it's the only time you can actually see yourself, aside from photos, and in EY it was used to show that people are aware.

In this episode it was all about Dan Oh and her disease and how she deals with it on the outside. She is all worried, scared and serious when she is alone. Wandering around on the school grounds, remembering her moments with Ha Ru. Enjoying the sun. She immediately fixes her face as soon as she is about to see Ha Ru because she doesn't want him to know and to worry about her. She even tells him that he should smile more because it's his best look.

When both look into the mirror and smile, they're actually hiding their true feelings. They feel worried about their future and in Ha Ru's case about the worry he might be the reason Dan Oh died in "Trumpet Creeper".

65739147c0390434f79ac8e3db1023cca410bfcc

63811530244d05557702e0010de5ca46ad34bd6e

Usually these two don't need to practice how to laugh because they're at ease with eachother and just naturally joyful. But they have come to the stage they have to practice smiling in order to make the other believe they're okay. But in the end it didn't matter because they did have a real talk about their true feelings and the worries they have. So even though the mirror scene with Ha Ru felt more ridiculous in the overall context it made completely sense imho. :)

@tinymel

I admit without shame I LOVED Ha Ru's jacket back then... the green purple one. Like I was so happy he was so confident and proud to have dressed up. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 7

@celebrianna @Jillia

sorry for late reply! I actually haven't watch the full eps yet but I watched some clips on my sns, I think Baekyung killed Dan Oh because he want Dan Oh to forget Haru because if character dies in the shadow, he/she will lose memories or become unaware again , so he can keep Dan Oh for himself and prevent Dan Oh to change the stage again. Thats why in the next screen Dan Oh couldnt remember Haru, I assume Dan Oh already dead in the shadow and she reborn again because she is still alive in the stage

• Sad 7
  • Thanks 1

@Jillia girlll same. I want to skip this eps so bad!!! I want to back watching again when Dan Oh and Haru happy scene appear lol

Hang in there :tears:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51ac4a67fc7c1c11f18df

• Like 7

I admit i like baek kyung. For me, i like to watch or read story of  some one who changing to be a better person. Im hoping that baek kyung is that character but he just change like 20%..:sweatingbullets: but i still wishing there will be redemption arch for him. And he definitely not a boyfriend material in real world

I dont want him to be with dan oh. I just wish that he know that sometimes you need to let go the person your love and dan oh to acknowledged his feeling. Like a true second male lead in most manhwa..

Hoping that lee jae wook play different character with happy ending like seol ji hwan in his next project

• Like 3

Spoiler for episode:

Spoiler

Cold Ha Ru vs. Cold Dan Oh

1573746505.gif

15737465051.gif

Credit: DC Gall

Me:

giphy.gif

• Sad 11

Spoiler

Dan ohyaaa lost her memory:tears:but why do I feel in next episode they will reveal Kyung couldn't kill her in last moment and tried to save her but she lost her life anyways:huh:

Awww my poor haruyaaaaa:bawling: what will happen in next episode... Hopefully she will regain her memories in next episode itself:dissapointed_relieved: can't see my haruyaaa and danohyaaa sad:cry:

Edited by Jillia
Please put spoiler in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 7

Or for our sake, let's appreciate Ha Ru taking off clothes, putting clothes on and having a dress shirt on with first top button undone. Like costume department you deserve the awards... :wub:

Spoiler

1573747997.gif

1573748340.gif

15737479971.gif

Credit: DCGall

• Like 5
  • Naughty 1
  • Love 8