[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

OMO!!! This is a fan-made edit of the latest Knowing Bros episode cut when Heechul interrogates Rowoon and Chani on whether they have anything to confess. When I first watched this part in the episode, I didn't think anything of it. Just thought that it was a cute moment between Rowoon, Hye Yoon, and Chani. And of course, Rowoon was trying to dodge Heechul's question to prevent any rumours, just like how Hye Yoon never gives a straight answer when interviewers ask her to choose between her co-stars. Nothing strange, right?

BUT-

AND THAT'S A STRONG BUT- AFTER WATCHING THIS FANMADE VIDEO IN SLOW MO, MY MIND IS BLOWN. WHY DIDN'T I NOTICE HOW SUSPICIOUS THESE THREE ARE ACTING?!?! :scream: 

I mean, I did notice even the first time I streamed the episode that Rowoon's answer at 0:29 kinda looked like he was trying really hard to make everyone believe him. But now that I look at his expression in slow mo, that's literally his lying face!!! I saw that expression in the Ex-You behind-the-scenes so many times, and he always uses that expression when he's teasing Hye Yoon and being cheeky. So my question is, why would he act cheeky here?!?! All he had to say was a simple "no" in response to Heechul's question LOL. I'm not delusional right guys? Do you see it too? I know Rowoon's serious/professional face. He could have just smiled, waved his hand, and said "no no, I have nothing to confess." But instead, he pursed his lips, jerked his head back and used that "teasing" voice he always does when he's not being serious. 

And meanwhile when this happens, WHAT IS HYE YOON DOING?! She's like, fixing her bangs and trying not to attract attention to herself. Normally if they're just friends, shouldn't the normal reaction be to laugh and look at Rowoon curiously for his answer? Like what the rest of the cast is doing. They're all looking on with curiosity and finding the situation amusing. But Hye Yoon is like being all awkward and not knowing where to look. She's nodding at Rowoon's ramblings as if she agrees with what he's saying. But there's no need to act that way if they're just friends?? If they're friends, wouldn't she be teasing him instead and going like "Oooh are you sure *wink wink nudge nudge*"?? But here she just looks like she wants desperately for this conversation to end. 

And freaking Rowoon is so nervous, when he doesn't really need to be! He passes the question over to Chani TWICE. The more I play this video the more suspicious I'm getting! And trust me even though I ship them, I don't actually want them to date right now because I know how the industry is and they're both at the peaks of their careers. And I still don't believe they're dating. They're both so ambitious, I highly doubt they'd risk everything for romance. But-

That's why watching this video is shocking me so much because I seriously didn't notice those micro-reactions before. I almost can't believe what I'm seeing. :scream: And Heechul's reaction to their reactions is also SO SUSPICIOUS. It's like... he also knows their reaction isn't normal!!!!! 

Ok I'm sorry, this is a lengthy post and maybe I just need sleep. Please don't take my opinions seriously, lol the last thing I want is any rumours. This video just blew my mind and I had to share. I don't know what to think anymore..... 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@blue_smiles I also noticed it. The way Rowoon was being nervous and flustered was bit suspicious. Usually actors or idols would give a simple no answer but Rowoon was taking too much time to explain himself. Nobody was even teasing them that time they started teasing them only after his answer maybe because they also found it suspicious. Later in the game section when KHY was dancing Chani was normal other members was laughing a little but Rowoon was laughing way too much. The way he always looks at her lovingly and with so much appreciation is also bit strange. Maybe I am thinking too much or maybe they deliberately did this to promote their drama (?) :wacko:. Maybe Rowoon really has a girlfriend but it's not KHY :lol:

Whatever it is I hope they stay in contact for a long time and even if they are dating they just don't get caught. Drama fans might cheer for them but his idol fans won't take this lightly and he already faced problem because of this drama once. 

While watching the episode I felt bad for Chani and Bona especially Bona. It seemed like Rowoon, KHY and Kim Kang Hoon were the main guests. Other two didn't get much screentime even though I also watched it for DanHaru but still.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, -Love Blossom- said:

@blue_smiles I also noticed it. The way Rowoon was being nervous and flustered was bit suspicious. Usually actors or idols would give a simple no answer but Rowoon was taking too much time to explain himself. Nobody was even teasing them that time they started teasing them only after his answer maybe because they also found it suspicious. Later in the game section when KHY was dancing Chani was normal other members was laughing a little but Rowoon was laughing way too much. The way he always looks at her lovingly and with so much appreciation is also bit strange. Maybe I am thinking too much or maybe they deliberately did this to promote their drama (?) :wacko:. Maybe Rowoon really has a girlfriend but it's not KHY :lol:

While watching the episode I felt bad for Chani and Bona especially Bona. It seemed like Rowoon, KHY and Kim Kang Hoon were the main guests. Other two didn't get much screentime even though I also watched it for DanHaru but still.

I know right?! It's so funny watching Rowoon digging himself deeper and deeper into the hole. :D

I mean, look at Chani's answer:

Chani: I also have nothing at all *super calm*

That's how a normal person would've replied to that kind of question. Rowoon should've done the same, but nooo, our boy had to be like:

Rowoon: I have nothing at all *insert derp face*. I work hard...  

Rowoon: For now...*long pause* no. I work really hard. I think that work comes first.

Rowoon: *laughs hysterically when Ho Dong interrogates Hye Yoon* 

The more he talks, the more suspicious he appears lol. I know he's probably just nervous but he really didn't sound convincing at all hahaha. 

I wonder if this was the reason why Rowoon and Hye Yoon's standing distance was so exaggerated during their fan meeting in China. Their filming for Knowing Bros actually happened the day before they left for Qingdao. After seeing their interaction in the episode, it really makes me wonder.... I think they also knew that people could take their friendly interactions the wrong way, and maybe these probing questions (from Heechul and Ho Dong) made them realize that they need to try harder at keeping a distance in public. So that's why a lot of fans noted that they both looked a little awkward and shy during the fan meeting. They stood HILARIOUSLY far apart from each other LOL. But of course, since it's tom & jerry, they couldn't hide their chemistry no matter how much effort they put in. They tried to look professional but you can tell they're just doing it for show. They both snuck so many glances at each other I'm just like... -_--_- you can't fool the camera kids...

About Chani and Bona, I kinda agree. Actually in my opinion, it seemed like Kang Hoon actually got the MOST screentime out of everyone haha. But is it just me or did a lot of the clips from the preview of ep. 212 not appear in the actual episode?!?! In the preview, there was that part where they ask Hye Yoon to choose between Rowoon and Chani. But Bona saves her by saying "not you" to Heechul. But it wasn't in the episode!!! Also, Chani, Rowoon, and Hye Yoon all did an acting skit. But we never got to see Bona and Kang Hoon's turn?? And there are clips of Rowoon singing a ballad, but I can't find it anywhere in the actual episode?! I wonder if Bona and Chani got less scenes because most of them ended up getting edited out. :(

• Like 4

Knowing Bros, Hye Yoon said she only thinks of Rowoon as Haru ~

ExtraYou2324-00117.jpg

Umm doesn't that mean he's your one and only LOVE!

I see how slick you think you are. LOL

18e4e51a86f5408299bfba134c1fda3b.jpeg?s=

jAdxyf.jpg?fit=800,800&ssl=1

And I love Youngdae and Naeun, came out and played in recognition into their EY roles. :heart:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

@Jillia I also think that they should have shown more scenes from TC. The ending was abrupt and we also don't know clearly what happened to Baek Kyung. My heart breaks when I remember that poor Dan Oh must have died thinking that the man whom she loved and trusted so much not only betrayed her when she needed him the most to save himself but also mercilessly took her life away :tears:

Haru's dream, imagination or whatever it was was just so random. The boy was  literally just sitting in a bench and then suddenly he remembers an important memory.:lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

eeed2b79da9b3cc70337a993235ad85058ee438c

0311a54ff0b67e39591fbebbfa02be3e97818428

ac9f513af19f02596f02510ae8222904e9c7d8c4

3d33c02dd26d5caf432ddbbd3d3b30270bb5fd1e

09653fd6a2631911f9336b5e706b28550f239573

Credit : liveasbutterflies

They were guessing the drama name from the poster.

New discovery Newton is the handsome male lead :lol: Rowoon himself admitting that he is handsome.B):lol:

Haru is nowhere close to those wrist grabbing male leads but yes he also had his moments. When he was taking Dan Oh to the infirmary in Ep 5 and in the movie theatre. He was literally dragging her there. Other than that he was overly gentle and sometimes it seemed like he was holding her with minimum strength so that he doesn't break her bones :lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Jillia @-Love Blossom- Who has been saying such things about Haru?? :( He has been nothing but gentle to Dan Oh throughout Secret and Trumpet Creeper. I agree with you both that there were one or two scenes with Baek Kyung where the boys kinda fought over her by grabbing her wrist, but honestly compared to all the other male leads out there, Haru is literally a saint lol. 

Guys I'm really suffering from Extraordinary You withdrawals.... :tears::tears: It's even tougher lately because there haven't been many updates from Hye Yoon. So thank you so much for keeping this thread alive and posting lovely gifs! :wub: I miss DanHaru so much, their on-screen and off-screen chemistry are just on a whole other level. DanHaru's love transcended through time and multiple manhwas, and it is just an overall wholesome story and I found the plot so creative. I'm really not a fan of high school dramas, but I'm so glad I checked this drama out because the synopsis managed to pique my interest. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

b52347dc98ddc399f565cd53d084a7674231423329a82334c419df55d7cdcfbc3d6468a1ee41a033

Spoiler

ab870a0bebeadb4471f530af4ea8dc16e6a4168da8fffbfd56b117cd419b8ff85d69364ffe762efc

Credit : kyungsoso

Who in their right sense of mind take off their shirt in that way no matter how innocent and clueless you are? Therefore it's confirmed Haru was always a fox and was just doing it to show off his abs to his crush B)

@blue_smiles I am also not a very school romance drama fan. I find them too childish and cringy. Like you I also found the synopsis unique and decided to give it a try and I am glad I did. EY also had its cringy moments in the later half but DanHaru made them so lovable and cute to watch :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

It's kinda funny how the writer ended TC by making Haru say "I will wait for you and remember you forever" but then in the next manwha he/she turned Haru into Dan Oh's fiance's good friend who is happily supporting their relationship. The writer really lacks creativity or he or she simply lacks logic. :expressionless:

• Like 3

@-Love Blossom- The writer of Secret and TC is definitely crazy and heartless :triumph: (The writer in the story, not the actual drama haha) If this writer exists in real life, and I'm gonna quote Dan-Oh here, he/she would probably not have any readers hahaha.

I'm so glad that our DanHaru finally was able to escape from this psychopath writer's illogical plot twists by reuniting as nameless extras in the last manhwa. :wub: To me, it really was the perfect ending to their love story. Actually, I've predicted for a long time that this was the ONLY way DanHaru could have a happy ending. So I was surprised that some fans were disappointed. If they have no choice but to exist in the realms of manhwa, they HAVE to be nameless extras to live freely. There is no other happy ending for them. 

Here's why the ending to Extraordinary You is the ONLY HAPPY ENDING for DanHaru:

Option #1: DanHaru are the main leads in new manhwa --> Seems like a happy ending, but is actually a SAD ENDING

Even if DanHaru become main leads who are supposed to end up together at the end of the story, they would be put through so much unnecessary pain and drama first before they get their happily ever after. And also, the time that they're able to spend together would be split up between stage and shadow. So even if they're able to act lovey-dovey on stage, it won't be their genuine feelings. Their actions and words on stage are just what the writer has drawn, so they would still be manipulated by the writer. Since their time is split, DanHaru can only be themselves and behave independently in the shadow, and it will feel very short. And what if their new character set up is really bad?? What if one of them ends up with cancer or are secretly siblings this time?! This writer cannot be trusted!! Then before you know it, their last page will come. Even if it's a happy ending in the story, they've already wasted so much time doing crazy things against their will on the stage! After the story ends, they won't be able to see each other again so it's not a good use of their time.

Option #2: DanHaru don't appear at all in the new manhwa --> Ultimate SAD ENDING

This means they're as good as dead because they'll just cease to exist. Secret would've been the last story they appeared in. 

Option #3: Only Dan-Oh appears in new manhwa --> Obvious SAD ENDING

Option #4: Only Haru appears in new manhwa --> Obvious SAD ENDING

Option #5: DanHaru are supporting characters in new manhwa --> Still SAD ENDING

Similar reasons to Option #1 but worse! Their lovey dovey quality time will be split between stage and shadow, AND depending on their characters' set up, they might even end up with someone else on stage!!! This would just be the WORST. Imagine Haru or Dan-Oh having to kiss another character on stage and then as soon as it ends, our babies will feel so guilty and hurt. :tears::tears::tears: It's torture.

Option #6: DanHaru are nameless extras in new manhwa --> The only HAPPY ENDING, although bittersweet

They won't be puppets anymore and can move freely within the comic world and spend as much time with each other as they want. The only reason it's "bittersweet" is because unfortunately, Dan-Oh and Haru exist in the comic world. They will probably never get to spend their whole life growing old together like they'd be able to if they were in the real world. For them, "death" equals to the last page of the comic. So the time they spend together, while self-aware and FREE, is the most precious. Since they are extras, even if they make it onto the stage, their role in the story will be so brief that it won't take away time spent with each other. They won't suffer from any major memory gaps like the main characters would, where they're literally skipping through time and jumping to the future/next-page. Our DanHaru can finally be together, just the two of them, and catch up on all the time they lost from the previous two manhwas. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I love you. I love you. I send this message through my fingers and into hers, up her arm and into her heart. Hear me. I love you. And I'm sorry to leave you.

b7d36434973ad56fc43085075fd5ae9fa7d78f55

8baf9b4d3f725684bfe0a77de5f3c2f09c74c61a

4de67a123051d6907826d1371b9e3e265785e2ac

Spoiler

45596cbbb62bc62c97a959363ab4c49134ad1276

e1169171a2b94c6817549a60e7a65692c3de8932

dd5f4bd8fc9273e9b2652cfbe13bf01e74194a68

567928a46ca3519d45aaf3cd2b3aa99c6ece8ca4

1536eebf4a5d49358d4e1c063ae3cbe4af60e1f8

b0dd02aa150cda5a4f672359203bf6b130648d4e

fc2a66aaab808d0ae982a409eec480bd3fd067f1

Credit : okashiratsuki

Dan Oh not only have fascination with  Haru's back but with his scars too :wub::lol: Though it is actually meaningful for her. From which scene is the 4th and 8th gif from? Can anyone help? I am not able to remember them.

One thing I have noticed is that Dan Oh doesn't have long nails nor does she apply nail polish. I found them realistic. At least in my country schools doesn't allow these. I don't know about about anywhere else.

• Love 2

Dan Oh. Dan Oh. Wake up! Dan Oh!

223934a93686d5ed2f2591933d3a30a10d07deaa

8fb49518413c2963bc0b7419ba1247ff6af32a78

bb7b4e2a20feed8fc6391114142167b050508dfa

Spoiler

b03e4cee775d8b307406f757bdaf5661cfc0d18f

c5e8afb85f73c684938f346d524fc16ed31bea3b

6b3c9905b587636cfd562b93a8dc05aa27c741a0

25250079126f2d1e46d57ae6119e0dcb0d49d15d

4030de304cf7462debc87c31d681eaccf113e101

6d720d618f20951b4dba18bfb3892517a306c24c

e9e56a5672ac39955af8662394367cfc60fc924b

Credit : okashiratsuki

Her heart remembered him even when her mind had forgotten him :wub: Amnesiac Haru wasn't as affected by Dan Oh as Amnesiac Dan Oh was by Haru maybe because DanHaru's feelings for each other wasn't that deep that time or maybe because they decided to quickly end this amnesia game as they didn't have much time. 

I felt betrayed when Dan Oh's watch started beeping during her Beach stage with Baek Kyung. It was DanHaru's thing. It was like Dan Oh's way of saying "I Love You" to Haru. 

@Jillia Famous and favorite dialogue of toxic male lead "She's MINE". I am so glad Haru and Dowha never used this word. Ideal male leads :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Aigoo

51465c09f01f5e636c9512a023dbc78582107cc5

bc75b6c59b7e3d57df2ca210ba0aa6d6f1a6b90e

eb10c6b6bbfbf20cfa9970eb289bfa159d1e1e74

Spoiler

a8f5f4d33bb0488ba03715dedb661db17e844082

2ba278bcd124f15d8d91d3e9cff81f6fa6339a51

Haru is so cute trying to hide the papers with his big hands. Dan Oh is such a good girl(friend) worrying about her would be boyfriend's grades B)

@Harry97 I thought I can finally move on from EY but how am I supposed to get over them if they keep appearing on variety shows? Not that I am complaining :wub: I hope they won't be awkward here too.

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 images in spoiler tags!
  • Love 1

@-Love Blossom-  ikr ? I keep rewatching DanHaru mvs on YouTube. This drama and the cast is indeed special. I don't think they will be awkward here. I expected them to be awkward in Knowing Bros episode but they were back to their old bickering selfs. I think they are awkward only when they are directly under public eye.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

ff38f92bc20a0eb45677faa7952528319742672c

410f98ff88728531204ef69325d2230e50eb7bca

7d75bfe1d2896d2a9921684b1c438fe1e9b112be

Spoiler

2b6a8f388fec2b51febc1b81134d2429c0d9a002

This edit made me depressed. The lines matches with DanHaru so well. Haru loved her with his everything. Dan Oh loved him with hope for happiness despite knowing how tragic their fate is :tears::wub:

@Harry97 EY casts are everywhere. Hye Yoon is looking so beautiful in that dress. PRINCESS :kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • Love 1