[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

@Jillia Thankyou for the link to vote. I've set a reminder on my phone so I can vote every 24 hours 

PS; I love all the edits and clips you've been posting since this gorgeous show finished. I really miss our Haru and Dan Oh, so checking here to see what you've posted is helping ease the pain/withdrawal symptoms. 

• Like 3

So i didnt follow the drama when it aired but started watching like 3 days ago and here i am, watching the ending as i touch down in Singapore....

Hmm.. i havent read the comments on this thread, but from my observation, there were a few gaps in the drama,

1. It didnt explain how and why did everyone became self aware

2. What will become of haru and danoh's 3rd story, are thet going to continue to end unhappily? 

3. What did Danoh see at the end of her graduation? We didnt get to see that... and why did Haru came back after a year? 

Overall good drama, though there are things that needs to be answered...  at least it intro me to the actor who acted as Haru and yes i havent even watch Sky Castle :D .... Man, Ra Woon is so tall! And it helps being handsome and with gentle personality too :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

So i didnt follow the drama when it aired but started watching like 3 days ago and here i am, watching the ending as i touch down in Singapore....

Hmm.. i havent read the comments on this thread, but from my observation, there were a few gaps in the drama,

1. It didnt explain how and why did everyone became self aware

2. What will become of haru and danoh's 3rd story, are thet going to continue to end unhappily? 

3. What did Danoh see at the end of her graduation? We didnt get to see that... and why did Haru came back after a year? 

Overall good drama, though there are things that needs to be answered...  at least it intro me to the actor who acted as Haru and yes i havent even watch Sky Castle :D .... Man, Ra Woon is so tall! And it helps being handsome and with gentle personality too :)

1. Jinmichae had once said that because the writer keeps recycling the same characters they end up being self aware. It was only explanation they gave I think. 

2. Maybe not. Since they are now nameless extras without any setup so the writer won't pay much attention to them. There are high chance that they will be happy together. 

3. If you are talking about the ending scene of "Secret" then though we don't see what Dan Oh saw at the end but it can be guessed that she just realized that the manwha is ending and she is going to "die". And Haru never came back after 1 year. It was another manwha.

Hope this helps :) We all fell for Rowoon after watching Extraordinary You :wub:

• Like 4

Netizens comments :

(+13,0) I miss you..

(+10,0) I'm waiting for Haru and Rowoon interview.

(+7,0) I'll never forget Haru ㅠㅠ

(+5,0) Rowoon it's deadly ㅠㅠ

(+2,0) Thank you for finding Rowoon in drama. Please come back soon. ㅠㅠ

(+1,0) Haru...

(+1,0) Rowoon~ I want to see Haru so thank you for the picture ㅠㅠ I miss you Haru ㅠㅠ

• Like 4

6 hours ago, -Love Blossom- said:

1. Jinmichae had once said that because the writer keeps recycling the same characters they end up being self aware. It was only explanation they gave I think. 

2. Maybe not. Since they are now nameless extras without any setup so the writer won't pay much attention to them. There are high chance that they will be happy together. 

3. If you are talking about the ending scene of "Secret" then though we don't see what Dan Oh saw at the end but it can be guessed that she just realized that the manwha is ending and she is going to "die". And Haru never came back after 1 year. It was another manwha.

Hope this helps :) We all fell for Rowoon after watching Extraordinary You :wub:

Hehe.. thanks for your explaination...

1. That would mean everyone would be self aware by this time, especially the main characters, they would be self aware faster than the extras, but didnt really happen, the extra became self aware faster than the maon characters...... hmm...  since the characters seemed similar.

Danoh and Haru doesnt look like extras in Flower and so too in Secrets.... sigh...

On the other note reminds me of Nora Roberts novels, hahhaa... coz after reading many of her books, i see a pattern - example, that most of her heros must have irish blood (her own family background)...and some other chacteristics that i forgot... it became too common that i stopped reading her books years ago...haha...

2. Maybe... but it seemed depressing  that their lives will be cut short whenever the story ends and usually the story doesnt take years to end... sigh..... just saying...

3. Ah yes, i saw that explaination in dramabeans as well...

I thought it was cute when Rawoon accidently hit KHY during the script reading when they were grabbing hands with LJW near the stairs...just because she was short, she was hit..hahaa.... wanna find that video again... :)

• Like 4

large_bddc407def3defaf897a56a782de85bb73f25525.jpeg

Rowoon make fans cannot move on from 'Extraordinary You.'

It has been almost 2 weeks since the drama ended but fans still cannot get over 'Extraordinary You.' Rubbing salt into the wound(?), on December 2nd, Rowoon took to Instagram and uploaded behind photos from the recently wrapped up drama. He wrote in the caption, "Because it's too bad (to not reveal these photos)."

In the photos, Rowoon confidently posed as Haru at the library, with his school uniform. He has once again shown off his visual and great physique in front of the camera. 

Rowoon played the role of Haru, a handsome student that Danoh (played by Kim Hyeyoon) started noticing and liking after he had saved her multiple times. Haru helped Danoh in changing her fate. He is a nameless extra in 'Secret' that even other characters are not aware of his existence. Being the 13th student in the class roster, Danoh used to call him 'Number 13.' Later on, Danoh named him Haru, which means 'Day.'

So, have you moved on from the drama, people? We don't think so! 

• Like 4

GUYS THERE'S ANOTHER POLL!

PLEASE SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR EX-YOU AND VOTE!!! :blush: You can cast as many votes as you want, just click "Return to Poll", vote again, and the percentage will go up. Just scroll down to the categories:

https://koreanupdates.com/kua2019/

2019 BEST ACTRESS - KIM HYE YOON

2019 DRAMA OF THE YEAR - EXTRAORDINARY YOU

2019 COUPLE OF THE YEAR - ROWOON & KIM HYE YOON

Edited by blue_smiles
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

It's nice to see that the actors are still meeting up. Sometimes the actors just stop contacting each other after the drama ends. Thankfully EY team are close enough. I wonder whether KHY was there too. Since they are of similar age I hope they will be friends for a long time. 

• Like 5

I am currently rewatching Extraordinary You and I must admit that I am still finding it interesting ( though fast forwarding most of Joo Da Nam Joo scenes :ph34r:) It's my first time rewatching a drama from the beginning usually I just watch those episodes which are important or romantic. As I already know most of the dialogues now I am able to focus on their facial expressions now. Because of this I am liking KYH even more. She's really an outstanding actress.

At the end of episode 4 when it was raining it was stage right? Dan Oh confirmed it by saying that even in such situation she can't avoid stage. Then why Haru was able to punch Baek Kyung. If we assume that this happened because Haru is capable of changing stage then why was he even able to say that the stage will change soon. He shouldn't have that much freedom. And if that was stage then why Baek Kyung was unable to remember him. He wasn't even angry at him for hitting him instead he added his name on tennis team. If the stage ended before the rain started still it doesn't seem right. Dowha had told Baek Kyung that everyone is dry except him so the rain didn't happen on shadow. My head is spinning. Am confused :unsure:

• Like 3

another amnesia!haru x amnesia!danoh edit

this is a really pretty edit, made me emotional.

also congratulations to Kim Seok Woo from the bottom of my heart for receiving the best new actor grimae awards, it's so meaningful that he won this award for playing Haru, since he worked really hard for this role and put his soul into it. I hope to see him win best actor and excellent actor in the future, he really deserves this award for his hard work.

a small compilation of hyeyoon and rowoon being genuinely adorable with each other.

• Like 4
  • Love 5

Congratulations to Rowoon!

On December 3rd, the '2019 Grimae Awards' announced winners who will receive awards at the ceremony on December 5th. Among all, SF9's Rowoon stole attention for his first-ever acting award. It's confirmed that he will receive the 'New Actor Award' for his role in MBC's 'Extraordinary You.' 

The 'Grimae Awards' was created in 1993 by the Korean Directors of Photography Society (KDPS). Awards are given to film directors who have pursued excellent and experimental cinematography in projects produced by each broadcasting company over the past year and actors who showed great performances as voted by directors. 

1575421069525-0.jpg

Previously in 2018, Rowoon was nominated for 'Best New Actor' at 'SBS Drama Awards' for his role in 'Where Stars Land.' Unfortunately, he didn't manage to take home the trophy. 

Spoiler

1575421077245-1.jpg

In 'Extraordinary You,' Rowoon played the role of Haru, a handsome student that Danoh (played by Kim Hyeyoon) started noticing and liking after he had saved her multiple times. Haru helped Danoh in changing her fate. He is a nameless extra in 'Secret' that even other characters are not aware of his existence. Being the 13th student in the class roster, Danoh used to call him 'Number 13.' Later on, Danoh named him Haru, which means 'Day.'

Congratulations to Rowoon!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, taskdramafanatic said:

another amnesia!haru x amnesia!danoh edit

this is a really pretty edit, made me emotional.

OMG I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT COLD DAN-OH AND COLD HARU TOGETHER AS A COUPLE IS SO HOT!!! :love: I'M IN LOVEEE!!! 

And of course self-aware Dan-Oh and Haru are super adorable AF too, but damn something about amnesia DanHaru just has that badass don't give a sht vibe that is so sexy. How I wish that Rowoon and Hye Yoon would reunite one day in a drama where they get to act in more mature roles. :wub:

GUYS WE DID IT!!! Rowoon&HyeYoon are currently leading for 2019 Best Couple!!! At least for now lol. I can't believe we managed to beat the Vagabond couple even for a few hours. :')  https://koreanupdates.com/kua2019/ 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks! :)
  • Like 4
  • Love 3

@blue_smiles Yup we are now leading in

votes on Best Couple, Best Actress and Best Drama :D

@Jillia Though her previous role was also of an high schooler. Her character was completely different. When I was watching the first episode I didn't even realize that she was the same mean and selfish Ye Suh. Her bangs also played a part I think :lol: But still when I realized I went to YouTube to watch some Ye Suh videos and make myself believe that yes she is the same girl. Trust me I am not lying :lol: She is young and has played only minor roles before so with time I think she will get even better. There are some popular actors who keeps playing same type of roles and public still call them talented. As for her face, I admit that she is not goddess level pretty but still she's quite pretty and charming. She reminds me of Yoo Ah In. I don't find him very good looking (sorry) but with his acting, expression and charm he makes himself look handsome and attractive.

Rare moment of Fox Haru being flustered :wub::lol:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Jillia said:

True! Plus in our drama she was the lead soooooo... :lol: And I always said for a extra her setup sounds very much like the one of a main character. Maybe the writer still couldn't bring herself/himself to make Dan Oh insignificant.

Heart problem and ten year crush set up is more appealing than poor Cinderella set up. Even Baek Kyung's character background was far more interesting than Nam Joo's. Dan Oh and Baek Kyung's story was more like a lead couple's story. I am sure "Secret" fans must have also liked the side couple more than the lead couple. But thankfully they were not lead otherwise it would have been more difficult for DanHaru to be together. And Dan Oh would have to spend most of her time with Baek Kyung. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1