[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

db9925b03f954b678ed4ddc0651e34ae.jpeg?s=

SF9’s Rowoon Talks About Taking On First-Ever Lead Role In “Extraordinary You” + Picks Most Memorable Scene

SF9’s Rowoon has talked about the ups and downs of his first-ever leading drama role.

In the recently concluded “Extraordinary You,” Rowoon played Ha Roo opposite Kim Hye Yoon (who played Eun Dan Oh), and the two worked together to change their seemingly fixed fate. As an originally nameless character, Rowoon received the audience’s love for gradually building the identity of Ha Roo.

Regarding the successful completion of “Extraordinary You,” Rowoon explained, “It still doesn’t feel real, and I feel like I’ll have to go to the school set tomorrow. For the past six months, I was called Ha Roo instead of Rowoon, and I thought of myself as Ha Roo, so it still doesn’t feel real.”

20191123000047_0.jpg

Rowoon was then asked if he was ever able to feel the incredible popularity of “Extraordinary You.” He answered, “Someone who didn’t usually ask for autographs came by to get them. While thinking to myself, ‘What?’ that’s when I felt [the popularity]. I personally feel it when I watch my social media followers or fan cafe members increase. I’m thankful.”

Ha Roo was Rowoon’s first-ever leading role in a drama, and he shared, “Since it was my first lead role, the pressure was really intense. I wanted to do well. My attitude or feelings towards the project haven’t changed at all. However, I wanted all the actors on set to act comfortably, so I tried hard to make a pleasant atmosphere.”

He also explained what he learned from the drama and how it resonates with him, explaining, “I learned a lot through this drama. In addition to skills, I worked hard to not limit myself to the script but rather to find new and fun things from my own understanding when acting with my peers. By doing that, I was able to learn about myself through the drama. I think this drama is one that made me discover a new side to myself. It’s a precious drama that gave me emotions and feelings that I will never forget.”

In regards to his character Ha Roo, Rowoon expressed, “To be honest, in the script, Ha Roo’s character did not have a very detailed description. That’s why I had to search for and create new things based on the vibe on set. I thought that viewers could have a hard time with such a mysterious character, so I wanted to portray slightly loose acting. Ha Roo is a character who gets small around Dan Oh but is brave when facing anything that gives her a hard time. That’s why I thought of the film ‘A Werewolf Boy‘ and thought that Ha Roo was like a puppy.”

adee303cc23e26f370472011d392545e.jpg

Spoilers ahead

He continued to explain the difficulties of acting as Ha Roo, sharing, “First off, I studied the character by reading the script a lot. While touring overseas, I even wrote a diary of what feelings Rowoon gets from being in different environments. I thought about how I could understand Ha Roo’s feelings by acting while facing a wall. I especially tried hard to communicate with my eyes.”

Rowoon added, “One of the hardest parts was that Ha Roo is a character who hoards all his feelings. That’s why I tried to act genuinely every time. For example, throughout episode 15, he only wears the same pair of shoes, and those shoes are the ones he was wearing when Dan Oh gave Ha Roo his name. I tried not to miss any of these details that created Ha Roo. By learning swimming, tennis, horseback riding, and fencing, I worked hard to perfect Ha Roo’s character.”

When asked what his most memorable scene to film was, Rowoon responded, “The most memorable scene was the ending to part three. The part where I say, ‘Even if you say it, I won’t remember. Because the scene will change soon.’ The other cast members and I talked about how we enjoyed this ending. Also, it was fascinating to see how the emotions connect from scene to scene, from Dan Oh’s line ‘Let’s try to change fate together,’ Ha Roo saying the same line, to the scene where Ha Roo disappears at the end, and the scene where he gifts the star. It was really amazing and lingers in my mind.”

Spoiler

imOuSVS2Cqf3637101062957228890.jpg

Rowoon then compared his two selves as an actor and as a singer in SF9, saying, “I think SF9’s Rowoon and actor Rowoon are different. That’s because Rowoon is different in every situation he’s placed in. However, I’m positive that he tries his best in every situation. I hope people understand that I will not neglect my acting activities because of my singing promotions, or vice versa.”

Lastly, the SF9 member concluded with some comments for viewers of “Extraordinary You.” He said, “This is a drama I really acted my heart out for. Thank you for seeing us as nice and cute. Although Ha Roo is gone, I hope he remains in your memories for a long time. I hope you can support all of Rowoon’s future activities with love, attention, and encouragement.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1367553wpp/sf9s-rowoon-talks-about-taking-on-first-ever-lead-role-in-extraordinary-you-picks-most-memorable-scene

If I am not wrong then ending of part three was that rock scene and the scene he is talking about happened in episode 4. Poor Rowoon must have been so tired that he forgot it :lol: But he really  looked cool during that scene. That scene showed that he is not only quiet and cute but can also be dominating when needed. Hope he can also be a top star like Song Joong Ki B):D

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 7

Spoiler

Ending is nice. One of my favorite dramas for this year. Even though the last 2 episodes are clamped and the weird editing at episode 14.

Now I can re-watch even the ending is just above average (some shows ending prevents me to watch the whole show again)

Yep the Haru disappearing act looks like it was taken from a horror movie. 

I liked the journey of Dan Oh and Haru's love story and also Dan Oh's individual journey as well.  I like the cinematography of the last part of the show. Looks really pretty.

The subplot of Kyung's half brother is also weird. They built it up at earlier episodes and then just fell flat on the last 2 episodes.

Nice parallels that Haru was alone at "Trumpet Creeper" while Dan Oh is alone at "Secret" before the manhwa has ended.

Also the new manwha it's a nice touch that the extra's in Secret are now the leads. Nam Joo I think was relegated to extra. As for Dan Oh and Haru are now extras without names. 

The "main" story was definitely rushed. Especially on Ju da's part but it's understandable. 

My favorite OST for this show are. First Love (both the Original and Sondia's), Stray Kids (Never ending story) even the rap parts are not good for me, VeriVery's (My Beauty) and Jeong Sewoon's (I Draw You in my heart)[sad but meaningful message]

• Like 5

Girl with withdrawal syndrome here hahaha.

I keep listening to the background musics in loop. They're so wonderful!!!! Seriously! How can the music producer composed this score and matches perfectly with EY? How can? Hahaha.

My favorites are:

1. A Door to Time

God, this is so Danharu...the blowing curtain keep appearing in my head.

2. By Chance

The scene when Dan Oh turn to see the date in hospital...and when Haru able to change the stage and carried Dan Oh to health room.

3. Pearly Rain.

When Haru waiting Dan Oh under the tree...it's so sad...

4. Walk This Sky

I miss every intro I saw when start streaming...

5. Poop

The background music that makes me attracted to this drama for very first time, and then read the webtoon, waiting for the first broadcast, and now it's ended.

6. Conti

The background music that always appears when the situation is mess up.

7. Dazzlingly Love

The art room date, the second kiss, that vibe... I'm speechless

8. High School Runaway

Even the A3 music theme LOL

9. See the Fantasy, Ocean Dreams

The magical of comic world!

10. Heart Memory

The tragic of Trumpet Flower...

11. And others

I LOVE THEM ALL.

For now, I found two background music that isn't released. First, the fairytale-like melody that appeared in highlight teaser (Haru's part) and last episode too. Second, the background music that always appeared in Trumpet flower, especially when Haru visit Dan Oh place and then they went to the lake.

But, I'm sure it's not only me who was struggling with post drama syndrome like this. Even the newest BTS, I got a goosebump when the director told Hye Yoon to go out for a while from art room to calm down her emotion a bit. She will keep crying if she doesn't take distance from Haru at that time.

It got me deep...I'm wondering how much they're suffering from this syndrome, I mean I'm sure they're immersed to the character xx times than us.

• Like 6

Rowoon acted bag scene today in concert:joy:

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

But also it was a lovely scene between Dan Oh and Ha Ru. I wonder where all the English thingy is coming though with Kim Hye Yoon. is it because of Sky Castle she was in?

I don't remember her English talking in Sky Castle , I think she made only this drama

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

From title of articles air today

Rowoon "New Hallyu Wave Prince " "Popular feast in China"

In Korea  'Extraordinary You' occupied the first place  in the topic of TV dramas,while Rowoon recorded the second place in the drama performers, showing the strength of the next generation actors. Rowoon opened his Weibo on the 4th, and recorded # 5.9 million hashtag views at the same time. Showed signs of popularity. In addition, at China's  flagship online media platform, Extraordinary You making videos has gain high attention as it recorded 91.7 billion views. 

• Like 8

MTVkZGIyOTkyYmRlMTA.gif

Goodby video aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my heart:bawling::bawling:

Watch: Kim Hye Yoon And SF9’s Rowoon Bid Farewell To “Extraordinary You” At Tearful Wrap Party

Watch: Kim Hye Yoon And SF9’s Rowoon Bid Farewell To “Extraordinary You” At Tearful Wrap Party

Many tears and laughter was shed as the cast and crew of MBC’s “Extraordinary You” marked the end of their drama.

A video was shared of the cast and crew holding a wrap party, and everyone exchanged flowers, cut cakes, and shed tears as they congratulated each other.

Kim Hye Yoon said, “This was my first time in a leading role and to be honest, it was very hard. But everyone took such good care of me and I was able to rely a lot on my fellow actors, so we always had fun. I had so much fun. Everyone worked really hard, and I’m going to miss this. It’s time to send Eun Dan Oh away. I’m not ready yet but Dan Oh, goodbye.”

SF9’s Rowoon said, “We worked so hard without resting from early June till late November. I can’t believe it’s really over, it’s bittersweet. My character Ha Roo didn’t have a lot of backstory, so both the director and I talked about giving him more and more emotions and depth, and as the episodes went on, it left me with an indescribable feeling. I think this drama will stay with me for a long time. I was able to work hard for the past six months thanks to your support. Thank you for the past six months.”

MBC’s “Extraordinary You” told the story of Eun Dan Oh, a high schooler who realizes she is a character in a manhwa (Korean comic) and tries to change her fate with the help of Ha Roo. Watch the finale of the show below!

cr.soompi

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

15 hours ago, Jillia said:

Welcome to Extraordinary You: The Horror Show

Reveal hidden contents

5aa6bd6cf263f84ca3e20f7b539ffa4e6c1040857a419a6167a0d5639a40d4da61cc01f1d9b54859

1c342b131667717d1678720c402e12a888c3aa687e6cadbcb1256bf2f1a2b7fd60db3def9cc913bb

36e1fadbfbb1860a55374afad92b2b8a2650be5ef3ca76e90001a6d709fbeb3738be55dfc8c295fa

9a07a2d7b8d816eed78c4de99bad0bb2af79eb519b124f52f7a629c166da64e9143e33c73e771ccf

Credit: liveasbutterflies

Me at "Secret" writer:

They seem like those couples in horror movies where the boy sacrifices himself to save the girl. They said EY is a romantic comedy. Biggest joke of 2019 :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

I love how much bts we're getting. I give props to the bts editors and mbc. They work so hard and know what we want to see.

If I edited it, I'll probably be crying and laughing from missing the amazing cast. ㅠ.ㅠ

• Like 5

it was an incredible adventure of this drama, at first it seemed a bit weird, imagine all these characters in another reality, but after I was excited, at least the realization was top.
As all the characters were developed, a big congratulations to the main actress Kim hye hoon, she has in my opinion, carried this drama from beginning to end, my favorite character is Dan ho, the second is nam Joo , and finally Haru
after we have very sexy actors, happy to see that they have all become more famous on social networks

• Like 6

I'm so jelly of fans who will attend the fan meeting but happy that the cast will get reunited! I hope to see HD quality pictures and videos from the fans Hahah. 

I was also worried about Rowoon but he will be well rested and done with concerts before Dec 27th. :)

I wonder how and why they chose Qingdao, China? Large fan base? 

• Like 4